What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (9 Viewers)

Keeping kids at home even if schools open?  My kids are 5 and 3 and only in pre-k and pre-school. Thinking not important really that they need to be there.  Just as worried, if not more, about them bringing home some other bug. 
My kids are the same age, and we are pulling them out.

I'm pulling mine out as of tonight (3rd and 8th grades).  We can see where we are on Monday.
Serious question are you also avoiding restaurants, stores, the mall, etc ? Are you working from home. If you owned your own business, say a contractor would you close up and refuse to go in peoples houses? I’m curious how far people are willing to go.

I'm so confused. Travel ban says from Europe, in effect 30 days, starting 3/13. I assume they won't let US fly to Europe? Of course the UK exemption comes into play. So in 26 days from the ban, I'm supposed to fly to Hungary via London. Then in 32 days from the ban, I'm supposed to fly from Hungary to UK to back home. Non refundable ticket from British Airways.
I think the ban is only from foreign nationals flying from Europe. Americans can still fly to the US. I think.

I think the ban is only from foreign nationals flying from Europe. Americans can still fly to the US. I think.
Every report I see says all travel. My daughter is studying in Switzerland. Her school announced this morning that they were going to stay there for now. I wonder if they change that based on the impending ban. Going to be a run on flights between now and Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question are you also avoiding restaurants, stores, the mall, etc ? Are you working from home. If you owned your own business, say a contractor would you close up and refuse to go in peoples houses? I’m curious how far people are willing to go.
My company already sent us all into WFH.  Wife's is very likely to follow in next day or two.

We're holing up for 14 days to be sure we don't have it.  Then we'll reevaluate where we are.  Mad at myself I didn't do this Monday.

Every report I see says all travel. My daughter is studying in Switzerland. Her school announced this morning that they were going to stay there for now. I wonder if they change that based on the impending ban.
Link

“Exceptions may be made to the restrictions, and they will not apply to the United Kingdom. The 30-day ban applies only to foreign nationals, not to legal permanent U.S. residents and generally their immediately family members, according to the Department of Homeland Security.“

I own a business. We will shift to working from home by the end of the week.

Seems a bit aggressive and mean. But if cleating people is part of our new testing protocol, so be it.
If the goal is to prevent spread then this has to be done. You have Tom Hanks and Rita diagnosed and in quarantine in AUS. Had they returned, Hollywood would start being on the map.

We did our costco “stockup” run two weeks ago.  Wife just did a normal grocery stop after work today. 

We high-fived and then washed our hands. 

Are you guys serious?  You're getting me close to panic mode.  
Im going to head to my local grocer that is closed now but opens at 8am in the morning to get some local beef, fruit and some other items. We stocked up on rice, pasta, peanut butter already. 

Larry Brown @LBSports

The Thunder's head medical doctor came sprinting onto the floor to prevent the game from tipping off because they literally had just found out Rudy Gobert tested positive for Coronavirus (according to Jazz statement)

Not that it matters what we say in here, but can we not do the panic shopping cleaning out the shelves thing? That’s a psychological response I know. Would have been nice if they re-iterated that in the speech tonight.

I own a business. We will shift to working from home by the end of the week.
So you don’t own a service business that requires you to interact directly with customers to maintain you business. Someone who owns a gym or a bar or is a plumber can’t work from home. I’m curious how those people if they are among the panicked are handling it.

Not that it matters what we say in here, but can we not do the panic shopping cleaning out the shelves thing? That’s a psychological response I know. Would have been nice if they re-iterated that in the speech tonight.
I liked your post.  But, if everyone else starts doing it...

Are you guys serious?  You're getting me close to panic mode.  
I went to Costco for the 2nd time tonight - first time was a week ago because I had almost no stuff on hand.  With my trip tonight I should hopefully be good for 2-3 weeks.  I’ve stated in here a couple times that my concern is catching the virus, my concern was the disruption to my routine and being without supplies because of a rush on stores.

Stopped at Walmart tonight (before all this stuff went down), only shelf that was bare was toilet paper, runner up was the shelf with bleach.

Users who are viewing this thread