What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (8 Viewers)

Guys drop the partisan crap.  I am sure it did not matter what or how Trump said it, you would bash it.  I think the important thing is the message is starting to sound like it is being taken seriously and that is a major step in the right direction.
It is and isn't being taken seriously. It's not partisan to point out our POTUS is detached from reality and has been just as much a part of the problem than the solution.

Believe me, I and I'm sure others are doing a tremendous job holding back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys drop the partisan crap.  I am sure it did not matter what or how Trump said it, you would bash it.  I think the important thing is the message is starting to sound like it is being taken seriously and that is a major step in the right direction.
Parking lots. That is taking this seriously?

They just followed up asking about him being in that picture and not self isolating while the rest of us are supposed to self isolate if we're in close contact with someone who treats positive and asked if he would be tested. He said he would be and reiterated that he doesn't have any symptoms.  

Wow, that’s not cool at all. So you go to get your food but you have to dodge all the sick people waiting for tests in the parking lot?

Aren’t there plenty of vacant Sears, Toys r Us and Kmarts they could use? 
Yeah, so basically you go to Wal Mart and have to rub elbows with diseased people, crawling with germs.  And also coronavirus carriers.

It is and isn't being taken seriously. It's not partisan to point out our POTUS is detached from reality and has been just as much a part of the problem than the solution.

Believe me, I and I'm sure others are doing a tremendous job holding back.
This thread has been very very good in my opinion. If you all want to talk about politics there’s a separate forum for that take it  there

They just followed up asking about him being in that picture and not self isolating while the rest of us are supposed to self isolate if we're in close contact with someone who treats positive and asked if he would be tested. He said he would be and reiterated that he doesn't have any symptoms.  
He said he "most likely" would be but "not for that reason" (?)

No ####. Go self quarantine  in the stench you call the PSF  and leave us alone. 

At least a couple of those people on that stage are experts in their field no?

So, you know more than them yes?So, you know more than them yes?
I don't believe I said I know more than them.  Perhaps some of them know what is coming.  But if so, they were lying today.  If they know what is coming over the next few weeks, they should have told us that.  Instead they told us that they have done a great job, took victories laps for their testing procedures (which are among the worst in the world) and expressed extreme optimism in the face of disaster.

That screams a group of people that don't know what's coming their way.  But I suppose it's possible they could all be lying.  I'll reconsider.

Have you seen any footage from Italy where they have tents set up for testing and housing of patients?
You are giving the president credit for the fantastic idea of using parking lots to test patients? Come on, that's a trope in every post apocalyptic novel/movie/game ever. 

Why not Sears parking lots? They are completely empty....

Yeah, so basically you go to Wal Mart and have to rub elbows with diseased people, crawling with germs.  And also coronavirus carriers.
I don’t think you guys are picturing this correctly . Should be trivial to separate testing areas from retail space 

:goodposting:

There is already a thread full of it in the PSF and right now the two threads are indistinguishable.  How hard is it to check your emotions for one second and click on the right thread?

He's been reporting inflated numbers and fear mongering for weeks.
Actually, every number I've ever posted is likely way under the actual number of infections.  I've also not fear-mongered once.  I'll challenge you to show me one fear-mongering post.  In the last two weeks every major sport in the world has shut down, people can't travel to Europe, people are working from home, schools are closing, people are losing money through the stock market, poor people are forced to go to work to make ends meet despite virus concerns, healthcare systems in Italy are becoming overwhelmed, European nations are failing to control the spread of the virus, and dead bodies are starting to pile up in Italy, just as they did in Wuhan.

So please tell me again how I'm fear-mongering because all those are real events happening and affecting real people.

Gov. Jay Inslee announced Thursday that all schools K-12 will be closed in Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties from March 17 to April 24. "We have reached a tipping point where the spread of this virus demands that we take action," said Inslee.

It sure was and one of the experts answers was basically who cares because you need to wash your hands. The hand sanitizer hoarding is as big of a head scratcher to me as the toilet paper? 
There may not be stupid questions but there are certainly stupid people asking questions.

Dear Valued Customers,

I’m writing to connect with you and share information at a time when many people feel the uncertainty that comes with the unknowns about the developing situation with Coronavirus.  I’m certain that the many significant efforts to address this public health issue will succeed over time and we will emerge from this.  For now, I want to let you know how we’re taking action at Belle Tire to keep our people, customers and everyone in our “extended family” as safe as possible.

Our company has a strong commitment to and appreciation for our people, customers and the communities where we live and work. This is at the heart of our current efforts to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic: we see it as another opportunity to step up and serve. Here’s how:

Our stores remain open to serve customers, and we are increasing cleaning and sanitation actions to create the safest possible environment for our employees and our customers.

We have adopted the preventative protocols and recommendations of the leading health agencies – Federal (Centers for Disease Control, National Institutes for Health), State (Michigan Department of Health, Indiana Department of Health, Ohio Department of Health) and local. For valuable information on this guidance, please visit their websites.

We are monitoring the situation daily and will respond to changes as fast and responsibly as possible.

If infection emerges, as is widely predicted, we are prepared to work with health agencies, care providers and our employees and communities to follow process and protocol to mitigate spread and care for those exposed.

We have developed policies to be supportive of our employees who may need to be away from work – for example, we will be providing compensation to help cover time for self-quarantine or treatment and recovery, if that’s necessary.

We will offer information and updates as the situation develops.  Again, I know our people, customers and our communities are strong and resilient, and we look forward to working with you to successfully navigate these challenges. If you have a question, please call 888-462-3553 or write communityrelations@belletire.com.

Sincerely,
Don Barnes III
President, Belle Tire

Users who are viewing this thread