What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (18 Viewers)

These are so sad :(   Good job man. 

We have a few elderly folks in our neighborhood... going to check on them tomorrow and make sure they have someone to help with any needs. 
What made it more difficult is when I asked what model is was?  Then she said what do you mean?   I said is it an Edge, Escape, Explorer?..she said I have no idea,  It is white Ford SUV.  The woman was probably close to 80 and looked totally frazzled.

Last edited by a moderator:
parasaurolophus said:
In the event of mass outbreak if you live in a small suburb and water employees get sick who changes out the sand?
Other people? It’s not like the knowledge of what to do can’t be transferred.

So I'm at my fiance's parents house and her mom is coughing up a storm. They say she's had it for a month. Odds here boys?
A month?  Probably just a cold but be aware.  I would think after 30 days she would be having serious breathing issues if she had Corona.

By going to that party you could spread it to that crowd without knowing it. And what contact did they have?, are you going home to compromised or elderly? We can't completely shelter in but until test kits are out there, it's not a bad idea to do our part.
This is the mentality I find to be too bad.

"Sheltering" isn't going to stop you from getting it.. unless you mean completely off the grid no contact with any family or friends.  If it is going to find you, it will find you.

Go to your friends parties, go eat at your local restaurants.  If/when it gets to you, take care of yourself.. you will be fine.

Yes, security guard does temperature check when someone leaves/enters residential buildings and officers also check at grocery store entrances.  People could not avoid getting either if they leave their homes to get food.
And yet here it is, other side of the world.

Other people? It’s not like the knowledge of what to do can’t be transferred.
What if you have a private well that needs repair and somebody cant get there for a couple weeks? 

I am not saying stock twenty cases of bottled water but if you are stocking up at all, i dont see a problem with buying a couple cases of water. 

A month?  Probably just a cold but be aware.  I would think after 30 days she would be having serious breathing issues if she had Corona.
There are anecdotal reports that would suggest this isn't true.  Mostly suggesting mild symptoms can persist for a month, and acute symptoms usually show up in the first 3-8 days.

There are anecdotal reports that would suggest this isn't true.  Mostly suggesting mild symptoms can persist for a month, and acute symptoms usually show up in the first 3-8 days.
So if no acute symptoms over the past month I'm probably good?

[icon] said:
I think the reason for Alabama still being clear has to be a lack of people who can read the test. 
No worries, just us rocket scientists down here.  Lots of math, not much reading.

And Alabama is off the board, anyway.  First few cases today.

So the entire google thing for testing was completely fake news?  Sorry, haven't felt great this afternoon.  Could have this thing.  But I suppose if there's not a treatment we feel there is no reason to get tested? Is that the concept?

Is someone claiming it is hard?  Fairly simple.
My comment was why it was hard for people to understand the need for testing to stop the spread farther.   But, we are getting into arguing territory that Joe scolded us for this am, so have a good night and stay safe down there, GB.  

am i reading that right?  italy's mortality rate is >7%?
When we stay under hospital capacity the CFR is very low.

When we blow past hospital capacity the CFR is very high. 

Same thing happened in Wuhan until they got capacity under control.. then CFR fell fast. 

Unfortunately Italy's response was too slow and too small. :(  

This is why we've been screaming from the rooftops in here since January :(  

Countries/territories reporting their first cases today (per BNO):

Uruguay (4)

Venezuela (2)

Guatemala

Kenya

Sudan

Ethiopia

Gabon

Ghana

Trinidad and Tobago

Kazakhstan

Kosovo

Suriname

Aruba

Guadeloupe

Cayman Islands

No worries, just us rocket scientists down here.  Lots of math, not much reading.

And Alabama is off the board, anyway.  First few cases today.
I was goofing. I have a Very close buddy working in aerospace engineering (formerly NDT) down in Huntsville. :)  

So the entire google thing for testing was completely fake news?  Sorry, haven't felt great this afternoon.  Could have this thing.  But I suppose if there's not a treatment we feel there is no reason to get tested? Is that the concept?
Thought you were feeling better, boss?

When we stay under hospital capacity the CFR is very low.

When we blow past hospital capacity the CFR is very high. 

Same thing happened in Wuhan until they got capacity under control.. then CFR fell fast. 

Unfortunately Italy's response was too slow and too small. :(  

This is why we've been screaming from the rooftops in here since January :(  
It's sad isn't it.  How many ventilators could have been shipped around the world if nations listened to the WHO report that is almost a month old by now.  It's sad that so few people get it yet.  I don't know what else the WHO can do.  Italian hospitals are literally telling people that they are having to prioritize who lives/dies due to ventilators.  If they don't get a ventilator, they die. 

[icon] said:
Took inventory today.. Just ran numbers, I feel comfortable we have at least 6-7 months of food with 3 full meals a day composed of a fairly interesting menu (not just rice and beans). 

Breakfast: A mix of eggs (powdered), bacon, pancakes (w syrup/honey), oatmeal (w fruit or honey). 

Lunch/Dinner: Range of canned soups/stews, plus frozen proteins (steak, ground beef, chicken breast, pork loin, cod, salmon, shrimp) and some canned meats. Throw in 24 MREs and two Wise 60-Day "Meat & Poultry Supply Buckets. 

Sides are a blend of canned veggies/tomatoes/beans, frozen veggies, rice, pasta, powdered potatoes, Mac & cheese, etc 

Not to mention all needed seasonings, sauces, cooking oils, etc. 
And bourbon. Need something to wash down the mre. 

Just got done talking to my wife, and there were a couple really eye opening things:

I guess one of the positives out of Madison today was from the UW in the vet (animals) hospital portion.  (my wife is also a vet).  I guess that means they have to take care of the patients there and shut down - no new patients for a bit.  Problem is, and of course some of those things you don't think about, they are the only place in the state that do certain types of things like certain cancer treatments for pets and certain complicated surgeries.  

One of her clients today was a nurse.  Horror stories about them cutting the staff in an attempt to keep them healthy and prepped, but it meant she was there by herself.  Basically it just sounded like a day of her getting yelled at over the phone by people calling and demanding a CV test (even though they don't have the correct symptoms or just one, etc.. ) and saying how they don't care and aren't helping people in need.  Sounds amazing, and one of those things that MAYBE could be toned down if there was more honest info out there about what was going on, how few tests they have on hand, what they are exactly looking for, etc.. 

So we have one prepper who has 6-7 months of awesome food and another who is forcing rice and beans on their family after a couple days?  :P

Seriously though - nothing but love for all you FBGers.   Like others have said, thanks for all the great info and discussion, and for making me take those early shopping trips.  Still not 100% that I have all we need, but for sure avoided the chaos that was unleashed on the area today and have enough to get us through for a bit if need be.  

My comment was why it was hard for people to understand the need for testing to stop the spread farther.   But, we are getting into arguing territory that Joe scolded us for this am, so have a good night and stay safe down there, GB.  
Why is it hard to understand that testing is reactionary, ultimately doing little or nothing to stop the spread?

eta - it would NOT have been reactionary if we were testing 2 months ago.  Even then, as @Summer Wheat pointed out, probably futile.  At this point, lost cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 100% convinced we could servive for 6 months with all the crap my wife has stuffed in the pantry without taking inventory. And that was before the virus panic. 

So we have one prepper who has 6-7 months of awesome food and another who is forcing rice and beans on their family after a couple days?  :P

Seriously though - nothing but love for all you FBGers.   Like others have said, thanks for all the great info and discussion, and for making me take those early shopping trips.  Still not 100% that I have all we need, but for sure avoided the chaos that was unleashed on the area today and have enough to get us through for a bit if need be.  
I thought they said schools were closing, not grocery stores. 

Since the national declaration was today and people are out in masses, maybe next week won't be so bad now that kids are home along with their parents WFH.

Since the national declaration was today and people are out in masses, maybe next week won't be so bad now that kids are home along with their parents WFH.
I am guessing it should calm down a bit.  Nothing else, I will just try my runs in the dead of night again if we need something.  Like the above person said, not like grocery stores are closing yet - but as we see more and more positives coming out, who knows.  

Are y'all letting your kids go to their friends house tomorrow?  Letting other kids into your house?

Assume active community spread, and probably in the school.

Went shopping tonight and bananas were completely sold out. People decided to stock up on the fastest-aging fruit in the store, incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread