What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (19 Viewers)

To be clear, we HAVE to flatten the curve and we should have started weeks ago, but this nonsense that the ENTIRE country can just shut down for a month is crazy.  Lots of people gonna get hurt if you try to do that.  
I agree with you that an absolute 100% shutdown of everything can't realistically happen. I do think, though, that a lot of people are going to get hurt at this point no matter what -- the path to a soft landing is no longer passable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It won’t be available for me. And I don’t know right now. One day at a time 
THIS is the problem with the federal leadership on this.  Make a statement about how social distancing is the American thing to do and that EACH of us has a part to play.  If you can wfh, do it - America thanks you.  If you can't work from home, take as many precautions as you can - America depends on you and America thanks you.  If you can reduce your Covid footprint by 60% - awesome, America appreciates it........

Not sure if this is the right thread but the Fed is a slashing the interest rates to zero

cnn

eta: now the banner says “near zero”

🤷🏻‍♂️

Shotgun marriage 

One purpose of such a wedding can be to get recourse from the man for the act of impregnation; another reason is trying to ensure that the child is raised by both parents. In some cases, as in early America and in the Middle East, a major objective was the restoring of social honour to the mother. The practice is a loophole method of preventing the birth of legally illegitimate children, or if the marriage occurs early enough, to conceal the fact that conception occurred prior to marriage. In some societies the stigma attached to pregnancy out of wedlock can be enormous, and coercive means (in spite of the legal defense of undue influence) for gaining recourse are often seen as the prospective father-in-law's "right", and an important, albeit unconventional, coming of age event for the young father-to-be.

Edit to add

Copied/pasted from wiki. Writing style is more pretentious and verbose than my own postings

as of a half hour ago, our Kroger is wiped out of a lot of stuff - most of the meat and produce is now gone - milk and eggs ...gone.  

hoping Monday deliveries don't get wiped out ...

Just spitballing without real industry knowledge, but:

Stop bringing all 50 together. Have them text in issues and have someone coordinate. Do conference calls in smaller groups. Let everyone know it will be clunky, but you are trying to mitigate their risk. Bring back radios and dispatcher.

One man loads truck from each bay. Driver stays in the truck. Loaders sanitize before loading the boxes.

Drivers leave on doorstep. Signatures or whatever are done by smartphones.

Branch into case only delivery to non-commercial customers (if legal) to help offset costs or make-up for declining restaurant orders.
Just was notified that we're looking at the busiest day in quite some time. If anyone in this thread works in warehouse distribution, next week's a good one to bang out.

I pushed a fair number of suggestions and was given a...we'll see. I'm supposed to track the guys that call in for potential disciplinary action. I don't blame a single one of them.

I agree with you that an absolute 100% shutdown of everything can realistically happen. I do think, though, that a lot of people are going to get hurt at this point no matter what -- the path to a soft landing is no longer passable.
Unfortunately I agree with you there as well.  We missed our window to do what S. Korea did and Germany appears to be doing.  We had a one month head start on them and we blew it.  This is gonna result in both alot of unnecessary deaths AND a recession.  Ungood.

sig self-edited to remove politicizing.  wrong thread for that!

Just was notified that we're looking at the busiest day in quite some time. If anyone in this thread works in warehouse distribution, next week's a good one to bang out.

I pushed a fair number of suggestions and was given a...we'll see. I'm supposed to track the guys that call in for potential disciplinary action. I don't blame a single one of them.
heartless

At least if they go under, they deserve it, even though that's exactly what they are trying to avoid.

😷

Just got back from the doctor with Mrs. SF.   She had been complaining of flu like symptoms since Thursday...Fever had gone down, but she was complaining of a tightness in her chest, and shortness of breath.

It was kind of a bizarre procedure - She had called her primary first just to see what to do, and they had her come in to their clinic.  We had to call into the clinic when we physically got there, and remain in the car until they had a room available.  Eventually we get our masks and led back to the room.

They don't have Covid-19 tests, and the doctor's group that run the Lexington Clinic offices have a protocol to rule out Flu and Strep.  Both of those tests came back negative for Mrs. SF.

So, they said, she is presumed positive for covid19, but not enough to get a test (which is in short-supply).  She was ordered to self-isolate for 14 days, she got an inhaler and some kind of mucinex.  If it get worse, we have to go to the ER, but call ahead, so they can have an isolation room ready.  Hopefully it does not come to that!

Don't touch my posts....

😷

Just got back from the doctor with Mrs. SF.   She had been complaining of flu like symptoms since Thursday...Fever had gone down, but she was complaining of a tightness in her chest, and shortness of breath.

It was kind of a bizarre procedure - She had called her primary first just to see what to do, and they had her come in to their clinic.  We had to call into the clinic when we physically got there, and remain in the car until they had a room available.  Eventually we get our masks and led back to the room.

They don't have Covid-19 tests, and the doctor's group that run the Lexington Clinic offices have a protocol to rule out Flu and Strep.  Both of those tests came back negative for Mrs. SF.

So, they said, she is presumed positive for covid19, but not enough to get a test (which is in short-supply).  She was ordered to self-isolate for 14 days, she got an inhaler and some kind of mucinex.  If it get worse, we have to go to the ER, but call ahead, so they can have an isolation room ready.  Hopefully it does not come to that!

Don't touch my posts....
Godspeed SF.

😷

Don't touch my posts....
My doctor -- who is also a personal friend -- was a guest speaker at church today (live-streaming for me).  Stupidly, what you described is exactly what is happening my community.  Specifically drive-up testing, but literally almost nobody is being tested for covid.  It's all influenza testing, with negative results implying covid.  So dumb.

I hope your wife makes a quick recovery.  And take care of yourself too.

:lmao:

As the doctor was going over some of the restrictions, she mentioned pets, and the need to stay away - not because they can catch, but anything that gets caught in their fur might be transferred.

I took that moment to break out the "WHO let the dogs out" joke that was posted in one of these thread... she was not as amused as I.  Long day I suppose :kicksrock:

New Orleans will open drive-thru coronavirus testing (WWWLTV.com, 3/15/2020)

New Orleans is one of four cities chosen for a pilot program by the federal government.

NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans will be one of the first cities in the United States to offer drive-thru COVID-19 coronavirus testing.

Mayor LaToya Cantrell announced Sunday afternoon that she has accepted an offer from the federal government to make New Orleans part of a pilot program for the federal government offering drive-thru testing for people that meet the criteria for testing and are most at risk.

😷

Don't touch my posts....
Best wishes. Hope your wife recovers soon

Some news from Miami:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241208661.html

The rabbi of one of the largest Orthodox synagogues in Miami-Dade County, Shul of Bal Harbour, has tested presumptive positive for COVID-19, according to a statement Sunday morning from Bal Harbour Mayor Gabriel Groisman.

Rabbi Sholom D. Lipskar, the founder and spiritual leader of the synagogue on Collins Ave. in Surfside, told Groisman late Saturday night that he was “exhibiting mild symptoms and is self-isolating at this time.”

“The Rabbi is doing well and is self-isolating at this time,” Groisman said. “We urge the greater Bal Harbour community to continue to act responsibly and with great care during these trying times.”

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1239274257202515969

"Despite a positive COVID-19 test from a passenger who had disembarked days earlier, thousands of people were allowed to leave a cruise ship in Miami Sunday without undergoing medical screening." There are 2 more cruise ships arriving in Florida, Tuesday.

😷

Don't touch my posts....
I am so sorry SF.  

Just as another aside - She gets the 14-day self-isolation order, and not to return to work until Department of Health contacts her.

Doctor straight up said, "Don't worry about the Department of Health, they will not be contacting you, they are already overwhelmed.  You are free to return to work if you are symptom free in 14 days."

If they are overwhelmed now - I truly hate to see what its like in a couple of weeks.

Illinois closing all bars and restaurants after tomorrow, per twitter.
Probably a good thing. Would have been good before all those pictures of douches* in Wrigleyville celebrating St. Patty's day. I think Ohio is out front on this? No clue who their governor is, but he/she has got to be setting themselves up for a higher office. They remind me of this, and they've got my vote.

*and I mean that. Ban me if you want. I'm as millennial as the next early 30s bro. But if you're posting pictures of yourself at a bar with the squad you aren't cool, you're just an #######.

I am so sorry SF.  
I appreciate all the sentiments - I don't think its that big a deal.  My wife is in reasonably good health, and she already feels better than she did on Friday - so I am not worried.  Our younger daughter was a little freaked out - but she is the smart one in the family, she'll figure out this is not really that bad.

I think the only reason my wife wanted to get checked out is that she works in the healthcare industry (hospice), and while she does not see patients, she manages a lot of staff who are in hospitals/nursing homes - and she was in all 3 of the major hospitals here in the last 10 days.

She will be able to work from home just fine - but wanted to make sure her staff was safe.

Yeah. Know several people at resorts and they aren't letting anyone even check in.  
I had a trip planned next week to Park City, but cancelled. They announced all resorts owned by Vail, including PC, would be shut down for 7 days yesterday.

Considering the ski season is almost over in many places already, they should just close until summer IMO.

😷

Don't touch my posts....
They sent you home with shortness of breath. That doesn't seem right. Maybe call ER for their advice? Hope she feels better soon!

need to stop the church goes in their tracks. They think they can pray away the virus. 2 people I know are still going there. It will thin their herd soon if they dont stop going.
Two co-workers went to a religious conference Friday. Told me and other  co-workers Thursday that we would all be fine because they were going to pray for us. 

In CA:

"Bars, nightclubs, wineries and brew pubs across California have been ordered to close Sunday, while all seniors have been ordered to isolate at home as health officials seek to limit the continuing spread of the novel coronavirus.

At an afternoon press conference, Newsom announced the state now had a total of 335 confirmed cases of the COVID-19 virus, along with six deaths.

Newsom said while bars and wineries and the like would be closed, restaurants will be allowed to continue serving customers, but at half capacity in order to allow space for social distancing."

Truth, for better or worse. If he's not passing around COVID himself ... F it.
Pretty sure he wont waive healthcare if he gets it. The point wasnt that he was eating donuts or drinking whiskey. It is the fact that he was out just to get some non essential stuff and he would be the first jerk in a hospital bed overwhelming our system.

Users who are viewing this thread