Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

Ordered pizza tonight. Pizza guy showed up and he handed the warm thingy to us and we took pizzas out and we handed him cash in envelope with tip already in there and handed back warm thingy. Said like 20 words each to each other from about 5 feet. Brought food in and took it out. Washed hand like 5 times in process. 

If I caught Covid from this we are all ####ed and millions of americans will die.  I can’t Imagine that is the case.

Edited by Redwes25
  • Like 10
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, CurlyNight said:

Yup. I have some retired nurse friends that won't go in. Not enough supplies is the main reason.

My sister (leukemia survivor, 25 years) is a nurse in an infusion clinic.  I haven't asked about the status  of their supply of masks, but she's told me of patients trying to steal them and those jumbo containers of disinfecting wipes, justified by their unavailabilty and how much they needed them.  The clinic's storeroom has been broken into.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

(LINK)

Willie Geist
@WillieGeist

I understand why some didn't believe it when I said on @Morning_Joe today that we've reached the point where TV medical dramas like "Grey's Anatomy" are stepping in to donate their masks, gowns, and booties to hospitals and first responders. It's true.

'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Station 19' among shows donating masks and gloves to doctors fighting coronavirus (ABC News, 3/19/2020)

"The Resident" also donated medical supplies to a nearby hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandeman said:

So I wake up each morning to Cuomo's press conference. I find him very impressive, and he seems to have a handle on things. Pretty clear he has an issue with DeBlasio. I'm new to Cuomo though. Am I misreading?

Cuomo is an old school “machine” Democrat. He hates DeBlasio and is really disliked by the liberal wing of the party as he doesn’t go far enough in their mind. He also is conservative in some ways and opposed on certain things most people are surprised with such as legal marijuana. 

All that said he is perfect for a crisis like this and really glad he is leading our state. 

Edited by Redwes25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rogwadd said:

My sister (leukemia survivor, 25 years) is a nurse in an infusion clinic.  I haven't asked about the status  of their supply of masks, but she's told me of patients trying to steal them and those jumbo containers of disinfecting wipes, justified by their unavailabilty and how much they needed them.  The clinic's storeroom has been broken into.

Patients who are waiting for the doc to come in the room are probably shopping in there. They need to put it all away and have some sort of rationing in place. 

7 minutes ago, -fish- said:

No, we can't agree that garbage information should be repeated.

“Garbage information”?  What was garbage?  I specifically said, as has been instructed here when it’s the case, that it was only a rumor.  I didn’t say to go buy “two weeks worth of food”.  Heck, I didn’t even mention food in my initial post.  I said get what you need to get - like I’ll be going to my local bike shop tomorrow to get a few things so my family can still ride our bikes in the backyard.  And yeah, I’ll likely stop by our state owned/operated liquor stores to top off reserves.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

If you hear "shelter in place is coming" stop posting "get 2 weeks of food now or else!" That's terrible. That leads to panic, hoarding, shortages, and harm. Stop spreading those rumors. You're making it sound like the army will be patrolling the streets stopping everyone from leaving their houses. You're making it sound like you need to have two weeks of food on you right at this moment. You don't. Grocery stores are open. Pharmacies are open. Hardware stores are open. Liquor stores are open. Pet food stores are open. Laudromats are open. 

GameStop (finally) is closed. And all non-essential stuff you can buy on Amazon is closed. That's it. 

I thought that the 2 weeks thing was more about the rare chance that you or somebody close gets a positive test and has to go self quarantine.   It's irresponsible to get that news then go hit up the grocery store, so that's why I tried to have a little bit more nonperishable stuff on hand.   Granted, you might be able to get somebody to get stuff for you, but maybe that's not an option for people.   :shrug:

But yeah - nowhere have a seen a grocery store or pharmacy close or somebody suggest that happening.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

USA will likely pass Germany and Iran in cases tomorrow, and may even pass Spain too.

That would put us in 3rd place behind Italy. 

No doubt in my mind we end up with the highest reported cases....(but I don't trust the numbers in China/India/Iran/Pakistan)

• Like 1

These shelter in place orders are dumb. Either lock it down or piss off.

Parks are full of people. Lines outside places. Restaurants still serving tons of people. Grocery stores packed. Old people out in full force. People still visiting their parents. Liquor stores open. Tons of other places open. Daycare open. 

Dumb. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, matttyl said:

“Garbage information”?  What was garbage?  I specifically said, as has been instructed here when it’s the case, that it was only a rumor.  I didn’t say to go buy “two weeks worth of food”.  Heck, I didn’t even mention food in my initial post.  I said get what you need to get - like I’ll be going to my local bike shop tomorrow to get a few things so my family can still ride our bikes in the backyard.  And yeah, I’ll likely stop by our state owned/operated liquor stores to top off reserves.  

Don’t sweat it, some in here are acting irrationally under these extreme circumstances....I appreciate you sharing the info you had and accurately putting it into context. As a VA resident I hope you are wrong, but appreciate it. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Where?

Solar Tactical Guns and Ammo in Livermore and Castro Valley. Concern is all these new owners flooding in is how/where are they going to be trained, and people going rambo as this goes on. So it's going to be a fight coming up. Need for protection when people go nuts v safety from those who may be apt to just shoot.

Edited by CurlyNight

7 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Don’t sweat it, some in here are acting irrationally under these extreme circumstances....I appreciate you sharing the info you had and accurately putting it into context. As a VA resident I hope you are wrong, but appreciate it. 😁

You out in gun country like me?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Parks are full of people. Lines outside places. Restaurants still serving tons of people. Grocery stores packed. Old people out in full force. People still visiting their parents. Liquor stores open. Tons of other places open. Daycare open. 

Dumb. 

America!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

Solar Tactical Guns and Ammo in Livermore and Castro Valley. Concern is all these new owners flooding in is how/where are they going to be trained, and people going rambo as this goes on. So it's going to be a fight coming up. Need for protection when people go nuts v safety from those who may be apt to just shoot.

This is a legitimate concern.  I have considered purchasing a gun in the past year or so, and definitely in the past couple of week.  The problem is, I haven't handled a gun of any kind in almost 20 years, and I sure as heck wouldn't buy one without taking some training on safety.

I wonder if the sale of gun safes is going up at the same rate as gun sales?  It seems like that would be a pretty important safety step for someone looking for home protection.

• Thanks 1

Sister in law has a co-worker test positive. Our are unfortunately hasn’t really accepted that this is happening but I believe this is our first confirmed case of community spread so I imagine that will change quickly. We haven’t seen her in over a month so we’re good but she has been around my in-laws and my wife’s grandparents. We haven’t seen them in about the same time but they all have health problems😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

This is a legitimate concern.  I have considered purchasing a gun in the past year or so, and definitely in the past couple of week.  The problem is, I haven't handled a gun of any kind in almost 20 years, and I sure as heck wouldn't buy one without taking some training on safety.

I wonder if the sale of gun safes is going up at the same rate as gun sales?  It seems like that would be a pretty important safety step for someone looking for home protection.

Local gun shop said Monday was their single biggest day ever, by a good amount.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Dumb. 

I misunderstood ours in Illinois this afternoon and rushed to our friends restaurant we have been trying to support with takeout after work for one last pickup. Nope they are still allowed to be open and nothing will change. When it actually goes into effect at midnight tonight I’m sure people will still be out all over the place tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Please stop with the dumb slap fights in here. It it literally pointless. If you feel the urge to win some completely useless internet "war", maybe go for a walk, hug your pet, dial up a friend and kick back a cold one? Don't respond here. Please. Now isn't the time. Really. I wouldn't lie to you, honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

This shop that was closed down had a huge line. 

The lines in NY were out the door. I understand they closed today and only are selling guns that were previously ordered. 

1 hour ago, Otis said:

Maybe. I’ve seen talk about some kind of rotation. Open the town for a month; close it for two; etc. Our government must understand you can’t keep people locked in forever. So if there a way to cycle this, maybe they do that. Who knows. 

More people than not will take their chance with the virus rather than watch their lives self destruct over two months

47 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

Why haven’t we enacted a federal order to shelter in place?  Like now?

Because it doesn’t work when 50% of the businesses are essential such as the beer store and 99 percent of the people are interacting with grocery store workers. 

11 minutes ago, Otis said:

My BIL works in hospitals in the NY area selling respirators. He said things are not good. 

He also went out and bought a Benelli shotgun today. 

Under these 2-3 month scenarios the best employment option will be stealing

Asked why he hasn’t made a statewide shelter-in-place order, Inslee said he’s making day-to-day date assessments and that orders already made – such as closing restaurants and schools – are major parts of an overall shelter-in-place requirement. He said Washington state needs powerful volunteers and social pressure to make proper distancing decisions that would avoid additional measures. Inslee said a potential shelter-in-place order could be enforced by criminal prosecution, but that should not be necessary.

Reading between the lines Im wondering if it's more difficult to do shelter in place legally in Washington. 

a) He was obviously frustrated when pointing out examples of people not following social distancing orders. He even said some restaurants were still serving people inside. 

b) At one point he mentioned working on orders that could be enforceable. 

35 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Dumb. 

Definitely dumb

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:38 AM, Alex P Keaton said:

One of my neighbors had a ton of kids playing in her backyard on Tuesday afternoon.  My daughter wanted to join, but we said no, not safe.  Lots of eye rolling, multiple texts from neighbor moms shaming us.

Next day, the same neighbor who hosted on Tuesday sends out a nasty group text, telling us all that she was keeping her kids inside, and warning “this will be so hard for my daughter, so I’d better not see kids near our yard.”

Same neighbor......her daughter was outside today knocking on doors to see if kids could play outside with her.  WTF?  🙄

My daughter looked at me, didn’t even ask, she just said “I’ll open the window and tell her that we aren’t supposed to play together.”  At least my daughter gets it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr roboto said:

Why haven’t we enacted a federal order to shelter in place?  Like now?

Because not every area is affected equally. Shut it all down and the economy really tanks. Even Dr. Fauci agrees with this.

Edited by CurlyNight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Reading between the lines Im wondering if it's more difficult to do shelter in place legally in Washington. 

a) He was obviously frustrated when pointing out examples of people not following social distancing orders. He even said some restaurants were still serving people inside. 

b) At one point he mentioned working on orders that could be enforceable. 

Can only speak to what I'm seeing here in Dallas (after being in NY last week, but my goodness, a week is a year is a decade it seems)...

NO restaurant I've seen or even heard of is serving anyone inside.  At all.  Most are doing curbside pickup. A few smaller ones or those in areas where it's not feasible doing just take out (and being even that much more cautious about sanitizing etc).

Would surprise me to hear in any state that there would be significant flaunting of the rules by businesses (especially those with a liquor license).  And Dallas is not exact the first to take this seriously - the virus was almost an afterthought as recently as 7-8 days ago.

54 minutes ago, Redwes25 said:

Ordered pizza tonight. Pizza guy showed up and he handed the warm thingy to us and we took pizzas out and we handed him cash in envelope with tip already in there and handed back warm thingy. Said like 20 words each to each other from about 5 feet. Brought food in and took it out. Washed hand like 5 times in process. 

If I caught Covid from this we are all ####ed and millions of americans will die.  I can’t Imagine that is the case.

Yup, got takeout Italian food tonight and paid with cash. Received change in cash.

People are getting nuts.

7 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

I need some serious cost/benefit analysis to a 2 month shutdown.  Never mind this 18 month nonsense, what's left of the damn country at that point.  

My family of four is currently at home tonight. One laid off tonight, one looking at a four month delay on their start date, another laid off as some as lock down order goes out, and I may very well be working for free if this lasts beyond 5 weeks.  Good times

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Here in CT, apparently liquor stores and landscaping services are considered "essential".  Seems a bit lenient.

Guaranteed somebody said something like well landscaping services plow snow. What would people do if they got snowed in???

Oh i dont know maybe then allow landscape services to go plow? 

4 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Here in CT, apparently liquor stores and landscaping services are considered "essential".  Seems a bit lenient.

Them flowers ain't gonna plant themselves.  It's spring gosh darnit.

Plus, the landscapers are likely getting paid off the books - they have NO where to turn.  So, let me pay them.  Still off the books.

Cause like I said... ain't gonna plant themselves.

1 minute ago, Koya said:

Can only speak to what I'm seeing here in Dallas (after being in NY last week, but my goodness, a week is a year is a decade it seems)...

NO restaurant I've seen or even heard of is serving anyone inside.  At all.  Most are doing curbside pickup. A few smaller ones or those in areas where it's not feasible doing just take out (and being even that much more cautious about sanitizing etc).

Would surprise me to hear in any state that there would be significant flaunting of the rules by businesses (especially those with a liquor license).  And Dallas is not exact the first to take this seriously - the virus was almost an afterthought as recently as 7-8 days ago.

Ditto, but that's what the governor said. 

I did pickup the other day and there were a bunch of us sitting inside the restaurant waiting for the food. Maybe that's what Jay saw as he drove by. 

6 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

It's not. We are encouraged to report businesses not complying with the orders here. Let law enforcement know.

• Sad 1