What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (18 Viewers)

Ditto, but that's what the governor said. 

I did pickup the other day and there were a bunch of us sitting inside the restaurant waiting for the food. Maybe that's what Jay saw as he drove by. 
That's a fair point (and something I guess of some concern, even if a ton better than everyone sitting in the same room for 90 minutes... before doing that twice more at bars.

I went to my local fav and it was just me (small place, really good food but known more for their cocktails). Waited a couple min while they finished, chatted it up with my friends who work there.  Their sister spot, which is much busier food wise (and some of the best tex-mex in Dallas), has a kitchen that runs like a machine, and there seemed no wait. Just come in, pick up, go.

My family of four is currently at home tonight. One laid off tonight, one looking at a four month delay on their start date, another laid off as some as lock down order goes out, and I may very well be working for free if this lasts beyond 5 weeks.  Good times
Sucks. 

At some point soon, I really hope some leaders wake up and say, "Is this really worth it?"

CurlyNight said:
Because not every area is affected equally. Shut it all down and the economy really tanks. Even Dr. Fauci agrees with this.
Good point. I just hope that NY is an outlier. They were WAY TO SLOW to act IMO. 

Colombia is not doing anything. Don't know if there are cases there. My cousins posting pics dining in crowded places all week. They fly into Florida tonight. If they have a fever, they may be held in quarantine there before flying to CA.

Good point. I just hope that NY is an outlier. They were WAY TO SLOW to act IMO. 
Way too slow. Should have been faster than CA with all the distress signals Cuomo was putting out. Too much fear stuff talk but now look what it is there now. I'd be scared there and I don't scare easy. 

eoMMan said:
Sucks. 

At some point soon, I really hope some leaders wake up and say, "Is this really worth it?"
I'm already willing to say no.  

A month ago it would have been.  

But now we will just have two problems.  A pile of dead people, and bunch of sick people and now no way to pay for them.

babydemon90 said:
Yea - I guess being in close proximity to China and the dense population there, I'm surprised it isnt worse.
Is there malaria in India?  Is there a chance some of these tropical populations who have been taking chloroquine are protected?

My wife is a RN at an outpatient surgery facility.  The doctors keep scheduling so she keeps working.  It's mostly surgeries that need to be done but I'm wondering if they will keep them open indefinitely or send Covid cases to them?  Nobody knows!  I do know this means they won't be doing many boob jobs which is a pity really.

I'm concerend about a bartender friend of mines employment/financial situation last night:

Me: how you doin' bud?  I'm guessing Shrlington is closed?

Juan; Yes! I'm good my friend.  I'm at Pizzaola come down

Juan: Hurry! (he's 51)

Juan : Or stay safe. Thanks for asking. Love you.

Me: I almost came in (I  doi't know, maybe buy wings and/or beer at HT).  Georgetown is dead.Got home about 45 minutes ago.  Heating up some soup and some cornbread fixin to go stale (reference  to my earlier post on social distancing). But I'm stocked with scotch (he's coming after it!).

Me: And, how are you still drinking at Pizzaola?

Juan:  I'm coming by.  Because they can. Kim is mad.  As always. Meet me at Pizzaola. Hurry.

Me:  I'm sure she is and, no you're not.  I'm in bed (9:20 and I'm lying, but I don't need Juan showing up at the house).

Juan: Damn you. Next time. old fart!

FML

Scammers are actually dressing up in Hazard looking outfits and knocking on doors and offering to test people for the Corona Virus down here in South Florida.

-Even worse is just showing up in Lab Coats and try to ID themselves as Gov't Workers wanting to check you for the Virus and you at least open the door but at that point it's possibly too late. 

TV News but it seems like something the criminals would do around here. 

Scammers are actually dressing up in Hazard looking outfits and knocking on doors and offering to test people for the Corona Virus down here in South Florida.

-Even worse is just showing up in Lab Coats and try to ID themselves as Gov't Workers wanting to check you for the Virus and you at least open the door but at that point it's possibly too late. 

This sounds like one of those "Thieves are following UPS trucks..." urban legends.

How many spring breakers got it and will be spreading it around Florida before returning home to spread it around to all parts of the country
I just flew back from Miami yesterday but am probably one of the few quarantining myself a few weeks.  Day 1 was full of cooking and movies, enjoyed it.

This is what  I fear most.  My parents (80s)  live near Savannah and I cntinually trust they can evaluate whatever situation they encounter

Colombia is not doing anything. Don't know if there are cases there. My cousins posting pics dining in crowded places all week. They fly into Florida tonight. If they have a fever, they may be held in quarantine there before flying to CA.
I think there are cases there, as I read from Nicaraguan friends that their second case was someone who had brought it from Colombia.  Nicaragua is, as always, being infuriating in response, as the government is promising the biggest Easter week and celebrations ever (Easter is the biggest celebration of the year there).

#######s. Just texted the folks I know. 

This is what  I fear most.  My parents (80s)  live near Savannah and I cntinually trust they can evaluate whatever situation they encounter
I gave mine a heads up even though they are the least likely to fall for scams. I just don't know their mental state to be certain. 

This is going around on facebook as happening here too. I think it's another internet myth. 

Users who are viewing this thread