Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

1 minute ago, Biff84 said:

Another annoying thing is I see the mask mandates require masks when unable to maintain social distancing. That of course leads to people saying they don’t need a mask because they’re keeping 6 feet away.

Every single mask mandate, law, rule, order, suggestion, whatever you want to call it, has an escape clause.  Has any state, county, city, town, whatever you want to call it, come up with one that didn't say, you don't have to wear a mask if you are medically exempt, and you don't have to tell what your medical condition is?

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shader

• Doug B

• parasaurolophus

• Terminalxylem

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

12 minutes ago, culdeus said:

The issue is that states are delaying the classification of deaths for sometimes an absurdly long time.  While a conspiracy might be suspected, I think this is garden variety red tape at work.  

Using excess mortality might be the better way to judge what is going on.  Though that isn't perfect.

So, are you saying worldometer is pretty accurate, just with a time lag?

58 minutes ago, waiver wire said:

just another reason why i weep for your country , its like the new dark ages 

Alabama students attend ‘COVID-19 parties,’ gamble on who gets sick first

i know kids do stupid things , as i have done many ridiculous and dumb ### stunts in my 20's but i really think i wouldnt be this reckless
and i have not  heard of any other students in different countries doing this 

Alabama : America :: America : Earth

• Like 3
  • Thinking 2
18 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

So, are you saying worldometer is pretty accurate, just with a time lag?

I would say that if you backup 4 weeks in time the deaths should be considered fairly accurate across the US.  

37 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Every single mask mandate, law, rule, order, suggestion, whatever you want to call it, has an escape clause.  Has any state, county, city, town, whatever you want to call it, come up with one that didn't say, you don't have to wear a mask if you are medically exempt, and you don't have to tell what your medical condition is?

I don't know that that's true anywhere.   That's not how the ADA works, which would be the basis for an exemption.

9 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I don't know that that's true anywhere.   That's not how the ADA works, which would be the basis for an exemption.

Next you’re gonna tell me that the card I printed from a Facebook meme isn’t valid either.

• Laughing 2
40 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Wait... what? America is Earth's Alabama? We've #### the bed almighty when it comes to handling COVID but I don't think we have fallen quite that far to be relegated to the bottom rung of the ladder.

10 minutes ago, rcam said:

Wait... what? America is Earth's Alabama? We've #### the bed almighty when it comes to handling COVID but I don't think we have fallen quite that far to be relegated to the bottom rung of the ladder.

We’re the Florida to Brazil’s Alabama?

49 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

7 minutes ago, rcam said:

Not only is it a solid analogy, add in the use of : and it’s basically a damned clinic on how to construct one.

39 minutes ago, -fish- said:
1 hour ago, TheWinz said:

It's specifically codified in the new Pennsylvania mask ordinance. Of course, they're not shouting it from the rooftops.

EDIT: See Section 3 (b) in the link.

Edited by Doug B
35 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I haven't read all the mandates, orders, etc.  But any that I have read or heard about say you don't have to wear a mask if you can't for medical reasons, and every one of them says you don't have to specify your condition.  I understand the HIPAA stuff, but any maroon can now say they can't wear a mask because of medical, and you can't ask them their condition.

Miami's 2,000+ bed public Jackson Health System, reporting 315 inpatients  who have tested positivefor COVID-19. Three weeks ago, the numbers were decreasing and had plateaued around 100. The patients have less severe symptoms and are  staying fewer days than in April and May. But this exponential increase is not sustainable much longer. Here are the daily numbers of COVID-19+ inpatients at Jackson from the last 25 days, most recent days first:

315, 299, 265, 244, 219, 223, 207, 211, 217, 210, 196, 182, 157, 153, 154, 144, 142, 137, 129, 120, 104, 100, 101, 105, 104.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacksonHealth?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hospitalizations and ICU use going up across the county and state. Deaths are holding steady at a 7-day moving average of about 40. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/olivierlacan/status/1278759141910228992

https://mobile.twitter.com/conarck/status/1278742341843660801

Edited by SoBeDad

I have a feeling, at least in PA, we’re about to find out how well we’re protected by masks. If things don’t stabilize quickly we’ll be locked down again. 

Its too bad for the kids just getting excited for summer and fall sports. 

• Like 1

Abbott finally mandated masks in Texas, so I guess ANYTHING is possible if it hits the fan with enough volume. Yes, the "I have a condition" loophole is there. But still, it sends a solid message that for some apparently needed to be sent.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blick said:

I have a feeling, at least in PA, we’re about to find out how well we’re protected by masks. If things don’t stabilize quickly we’ll be locked down again. 

Its too bad for the kids just getting excited for summer and fall sports. 

Which region of Pa are you?

Texas = pwned.

Gotta be honest, I generally enjoy seeing the south get owned.  Not wishing illness on anyone, but the governor finally bending over for the flogging he’s deserved for a long time is $.

• Like 3

Everyone talks about what nasty savages we are here in New York.  Turns out the Union are still bright enough to wear masks, socially distance, and do what’s best for the country. Everyone at every store today wearing masks and socially distancing according to the rules, even though the new case count in my county is less than 3 per day.  If only others would get on board. 

Edited by Otis
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, jamny said:

Not sure why anyone is trying to predict the future. We're kind of at an inflection point here and hopefully those states that are getting hit hardest right now will realize that they have to take this more seriously. Everyone knew cases would rise once we started opening up again. This is all virgin territory for us so we are learning as we go. The good news is that deaths are in a downward trend, be it from better treatment, younger age or hopefully a weakening of the virus itself. Hospitals aren't being over run at this point and it seems like supplies are available. The economy remains resilient and points to better days ahead. There have been many pivotal moments throughout this ordeal and I think the next week or so is yet another one.

I hope you all can take the opportunity to turn off the news at some point and enjoy this holiday weekend. Stay safe and wear a ####in' mask! 

and there's the problem...this IS NOT virgin territory. We were shown the way forward, and we ignored it because...this is America...we can't follow anyone else's lead on anything. It's the UHC question all over again. "THAT can't work here, but we're fine...our way is better anyway!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Otis said:

Everyone talks about what nasty savages we are here in New York.  Turns out the Union are still bright enough to wear masks, socially distance, and do what’s best for the country. Everyone at every store today wearing masks and socially distancing according to the rules, even though the new case count in my county is less than 3 per day.  If only others would get on board. 

NY back over 1000. Good work guys. 

Maybe you guys that want to use the COVID thread to crap all over the states suffering the worst infection rates right now, hoping we aren't going to completely overwhelm our health care systems, can go start your own thread to sit around and #### on people that apparently aren't suffering enough right now. Seriously, could you possibly be any more classless?

Edited by DallasDMac
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Otis said:

I wouldn't be so quick to gloat. Tons of peopke without masks outdoors. We didn't even get to phase 3 in nyc yet.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Maybe you guys that want to use the COVID thread to crap all over the states suffering the worst infection rates right now, hoping we aren't going to completely overwhelm our health care systems, can go start your own thread to sit around and #### on people that apparently aren't suffering enough right now. Seriously, could you possibly be any more classless?

I agree. Cuomo and Deblasio have blood on their hands the way they started this crisis and this mfer is gloating. Unreal.

41 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I agree. Cuomo and Deblasio have blood on their hands the way they started this crisis and this mfer is gloating. Unreal.

Lmao wait what 

You mean 3 or 4 months ago when they were on television talking about how serious this is, and the south was out planning Memorial Day pontoon parties???!

cant be real. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, jobarules said:

I wouldn't be so quick to gloat. Tons of peopke without masks outdoors. We didn't even get to phase 3 in nyc yet.

Not gloating. This isn’t something to gloat about. And everyone I’ve seen in the NYC suburbs is wearing a mask. 

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

Lmao wait what 

You mean 3 or 4 months ago when they were on television talking about how serious this is, and the south was out planning Memorial Day pontoon parties???!

cant be real. 

You are on alone on that island 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, jobarules said:

Deblasio literally told people to go out and see a Broadway play on like March 7 and REFUSED to shut down schools for an entire week 

Wasn’t he sending covid patients to nursing homes to clear beds in hospitals?

Or was that Cuomo?  

Edited by snore
Can’t remember
3 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Deblasio literally told people to go out and see a Broadway play on like March 7 and REFUSED to shut down schools for an entire week 

Deblasio did a #### job. Cuomo was bad in beginning but turned it around. 

Doesn’t really matter though at this point. I don’t wish what we went through on anybody and wish the rest of the country had learned from watching NY. It is sad that it didn’t happen and I don’t like the gloating.

I Just hope that people realize what is coming and take action soon. Seems like it may happen with things like the Texas mask order coming down. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jobarules said:

Cuomo has been awesome. Diblasio an idiot. 

But regardless. Have you guys not had television for the past three months?  Seriously. Even let’s just assume NY governance was brutally bad. At what point does anyone in Texas and Florida and Arizona look at TV and reasonably conclude this is no big deal? Explain that to me please. Dying to understand it. 

Edited by Otis
  • Like 2

Probably said before, but Florida's 10k cases(new record, by the way, not something we should be trying to break daily) account for just under 20% of total cases in the US. This is a disaster, full stop.

• Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Otis said:

But regardless. Have you guys not had television for the past three months?  Seriously. Even let’s just assume NY governance was brutally bad. At what point does anyone in Texas and Florida and Arizona look at TV and reasonably conclude this is no big deal? Explain that to me please. Dying to understand it. 

At what point did anyone in any state look at TV and reasonably conclude this was no big deal when the crisis in Italy was unfolding. This country as a whole was given numerous warning signs that this was in fact a big deal and on its way. Pretty sure we all had televisions in March too. Everyone thinks they’re invincible to pain and suffering until it literally slaps you in the face. Right now, Florida, Texas, and Arizona, are all getting slapped in the face despite the countless warnings from countries and New York. That’s America for ya.

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, Otis said:

Florida and Texas have a long ways to go to screw up and kill as many people as New York did. To top it off, the best measures taken by NY still resulted in 1000 new cases today. 

This isn't a fun game guys. I would say 99% of us have screwed up during this, some MUCH more than others, but we're ALL going to deal with the cumulative effect of those poor decisions. We have to be kind to one another if we're going to be able to get through all of this. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Florida and Texas have a long ways to go to screw up and kill as many people as New York did. To top it off, the best measures taken by NY still resulted in 1000 new cases today. 

Yeah cause it's easy to contain a virus spread amongst 1.7 million people living in an area of 23 square miles.  I think it's pretty incredible what NYC has accomplished. 

Edited by Neo
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Morton Muffley said:

Been preaching this for over a decade.  My plan has northeast and western states, along with Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin  and Minnesota joining Canada to form "New Canada" - sorry Colorado, you are electorally landlocked. Key is to move the nukes BEFORE we secede - can't take any chances.  Also, with all the existing nukes, MIT, Caltech, silicon valley, NYC financial hub, etc. I figure 'Murica (new name) would be a third world country by Jesus' b-day.  Anyway, just a thought.  

In other words, the United States of Canada/Jesusland map that was created in 2004?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusland_map

3 hours ago, Otis said:

Our culture is actually more like “let’s not have slaves” and “let’s just be decent folks and try and be smart about stuff.”

None of this is very difficult. Wear a mask. Try and stay away from other folks. Don’t elect hillbillies to run your states. 

Dude, you have been coming off as quite the mean person for basically this whole page of the thread.  A few things...

- I don't need to remind you where our President is from, do I?
- I enjoy posting the "greatness" of Connecticut, but I try not to bash other states in doing so
- You almost sound like you are wishing bad things on the current outbreak states because of what NY went through.
- Not everyone in the hard hit states is being a COVidiot.  In fact, most everyone in this thread is pro-mask, no matter where they are from.

Decent folks, as you mention above, are alot nicer to one another than you have sounded tonight.  I hope everything is going OK at home?