Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

3 hours ago, MTskibum said:

Are you from wyoming? What county is that? I lived in park county and even they have 30,000 people.

edit, I lived in many counties in Wyoming, i was trying to think of the one with the smallest population that i lived in.  I worked in bighorn county, but they have 11,000 people.

I am from PA

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shader

• Doug B

• parasaurolophus

• Terminalxylem

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

4 hours ago, nirad3 said:

I guess in-person Thanksgiving celebrations were part of the problem

I think the inevitable Christmas spike is going to make us all wistful for the little Thanksgiving spike we are going through now.

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Not happy with the news of Bell's Palsy being a possible side effect. My wife is still getting over her SECOND case of it. Her facial muscles likely would never recover from a third.

30k+ got the vax. 4 got BP. This is actually well below the expected background rate of the general public. 

• Thanks 1

I'm getting the vaccine Monday. I work in research in a regulatory and analytical capacity in a building connected to the main hospital building, not front line and almost no patient contact. Initially there was a 4 tiered approach and I was bottom priority, but then they opened it at once to everyone who is a hospital employee. Non-clinical staff does come in contact with clinical staff in the elevators, cafeteria, etc. So it makes sense to offer the vaccine to everyone. Also, I heard reduced demand (about 50% don't want the vaccine now) opened up slots. One motivation for me is to visit my 2 daughters who moved to California this year. They said don't travel until you get the vaccine.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

Worst day here in Austin since the peak in July. No sign of slowing down. We’re already at capacity in ICUs. Sucks.

1600+ in San Antonio today alone. Hospitalizations, ICU and ventilator usage all up. All the irresponsible Thanksgiving behavior coming home to roost.

Well, I’m not getting the vaccine this week. They’re telling us to count on having 2 days (at least) off after getting it because of symptoms: fever, body aches, muscle pain, etc. And I’m scheduled to work the next 5 days after tonight.

I think they’re having a clinic the day I get off (Wednesday) but no way am I risking feeling like I have COVID over Christmas and ruining that for me and my son.

I guess I’ll get it after the New Year, and it won’t be the Pfizer vaccine but the other one- Moderna?

6 hours ago, E-Z Glider said:
8 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Not happy with the news of Bell's Palsy being a possible side effect. My wife is still getting over her SECOND case of it. Her facial muscles likely would never recover from a third.

30k+ got the vax. 4 got BP. This is actually well below the expected background rate of the general public. 

Which is fine for the general public but not someone predisposed. 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:
14 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Have always wanted to ask and the cydy thing caught my eye, who is your avatar? 

Eva carneiro, a former Chelsea team physio :wub:

Good thing Brent Musberger never called any Chelsea games.

• Laughing 1
On 12/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, beer 30 said:

Don't think you can use the vaccine as a doorstop for employment. Lawyers will have a field day with this if goes down that road.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has fired the opening salvo:

Employers can bar unvaccinated employees from the workplace, EEOC says (CBS News, 12/17/2020)

With the first doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine now being administered in the U.S., the federal government is giving employers around the country the green light to require immunization for most workers.

In general, companies have the legal right to mandate that employees get a COVID-19 shot, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) said Wednesday. More specifically, employers are entitled — and required — to ensure a safe workplace in which "an individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of individuals in the workplace." That can mean a company requiring its workforce to be vaccinated.

The Americans with Disabilities Act limits an employer's ability to require workers to get a medical examination. But the EEOC's latest guidance clarifies that getting vaccinated does not constitute a medical exam. As a result, ordering employees to get a COVID-19 shot would not violate the ADA.

There are a few nuances and carve-outs later in the article.

Edited by Doug B
formatting
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Which one?  1920?

Yeah.  It was fantastic.  Only $45 at a local place so I should probably grab some more.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Didn’t feel the shot, it was a tiny #####

Same. Less painful than the flu. But I’m <15 mins post (they ask us to wait 15 mins after before letting us go - nobody seems to be suffering ill effects in the post vaccine waiting room)

3 minutes ago, D_House said:

Same. Less painful than the flu. But I’m <15 mins post (they ask us to wait 15 mins after before letting us go - nobody seems to be suffering ill effects in the post vaccine waiting room)

yeah, 0 pain and it's been about an hour now since I got mine. A few of the corpman said they felt more tired and a little off later in the evening when they go there's but fine the next day. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

yeah, 0 pain and it's been about an hour now since I got mine. A few of the corpman said they felt more tired and a little off later in the evening when they go there's but fine the next day. 

My wife got hers yesterday.  Her arm is pretty sore today but that's about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Doug B said:

This is going to be a monster of a backbend for the new SC Justices to manage.  Who is their daddy in this situation?  Anti-Vax red staters or Corporate interests?

Just a reminder of why it’s important to always be thinking cautiously and don’t make exceptions. Last week went by friend’s brewery to drop off some beer and get some to go for the weekend. He’s a little busy doing a couple things, so her offers me a free pour while I wait. They aren’t too busy, so I take him up on it. The only other person in the same area is an employee having a beer on his day off. I only stick around for 10-15 minutes.

Fast forward to today and they post that a staff member tested positive. Through the process of elimination it was clear who it is without being told - the employee sitting near me. He was exposed due to a close contact not telling him that she had tested positive. So the mistake of one person could quickly trickle down. It’s unlikely that I have to worry because it has been 10 days and the suspected exposure happened after I was there. But it just goes to show how any little mistake could become a problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

8 hours later and I now feel like ####, bit of a sore throat, chills and a headache. Hopefully I wake up feeling fine or the drive to so cal will suck

Hope you get to feeling better GB, but do keep in mind that this is the body putting up an immune response, which is GOOD. 

I've always been curious why some get effects like this and some don't. Maybe the ones that don't didn't need the vaccine? Something I've always pondered. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Doug B said:
On 12/15/2020 at 9:06 AM, beer 30 said:

Don't think you can use the vaccine as a doorstop for employment. Lawyers will have a field day with this if goes down that road.

Employers can bar unvaccinated employees from the workplace, EEOC says (CBS News, 12/17/2020)

With the first doses of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine now being administered in the U.S., the federal government is giving employers around the country the green light to require immunization for most workers.

In general, companies have the legal right to mandate that employees get a COVID-19 shot, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) said Wednesday. More specifically, employers are entitled — and required — to ensure a safe workplace in which "an individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of individuals in the workplace." That can mean a company requiring its workforce to be vaccinated.

The Americans with Disabilities Act limits an employer's ability to require workers to get a medical examination. But the EEOC's latest guidance clarifies that getting vaccinated does not constitute a medical exam. As a result, ordering employees to get a COVID-19 shot would not violate the ADA.

It's going to depend from state to state.  Generally speaking, it does look like employers here will be able to take this path and require them as long as there are caveats for certain things like medical conditions, allergies and some other things that apply to existing vaccines.  

This is such a different place than the PSF....I offered up the same annotated report there despite my hesitancy given what I see as the predictable outcome, but not a single person said, "yeah, I'd like to take a look at it"  :lol:

It's not the be all, end all of documents, but it's a pretty good tool to break things down and outline concern.  I've posted it online for anyone who's asked and I really do think one of the biggest hurdles, outside the politics, is going to be getting people to take the vaccine because they don't understand it's not like the others we have.

2 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Employers can force employees to get the vaccine? WTF is going on? This is not good. Bye freedom. We’re doomed. 

Employers can already force employees to get any other vaccine that is fully approved by the FDA.  

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Employers can force employees to get the vaccine? WTF is going on? This is not good. Bye freedom. We’re doomed. 

Wut?

There are all sorts of behaviors and restrictions that an employer may place on their employees.  Your choice to agree to those stipulations or to not work there.  Some places require a yearly flu vaccination. 

Opting out of a vaccination isn't a protected class unless it's for religious beliefs.

I think there should be space for those that don't want to take the vaccine. If those employees can continue to work remotely, then they shouldn't be required to get it. 

If they cannot work remotely 100%of the time, then they should have to get the vaccine (once it's available) to return to the workplace.  It should be similar for airline travel.

Your choice not to get the vaccine, but don't put other people in jeopardy by doing so.  Same for measles vaccine for school children.  Don't endanger others unless there's a legitimate religious belief against vaccinations.  You don't want your kid getting the vax? Fine, don't enroll them in public school. 

1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

This is where we talk about free markets and freedom of choice..... Many people believe private businesses should be able to operate as they choose

Edited by belljr