Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread

2 hours ago, Pipes said:

I quoted and agreed with Mac 32 and he’s been promoting masks and social distancing this entire thread.  I don’t understand where this hostility for suggesting people take some personal responsibility to eat healthier as part of a plan to combat COVID, is coming from.  It’s just part of a much larger plan imo.

Maybe we’re not talking about the same posters

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shader

• Doug B

• parasaurolophus

• Terminalxylem

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

29 minutes ago, Pipes said:

Who said that?  Are people really arguing that someone deserves this because they are out of shape?  Multiple people have referenced this but I don’t recall seeing that posted.  If it was and I missed it I appologize.  That’s certainly not my message.

Yes, some people are.   You seem to have missed it.

By the way, I’ve had friends die.  They were healthy.  To any of you that believe you’re untouchable or your friends and family are, I hope you don’t have to bury them.  Or that they have to bury you.  But your hot takes are ignorant and disgusting. If you really can’t resist trolling, please go back to the PSF.  For the most part, this has been a meaningful thread driven by facts.  I’ve said it before.  You’re not funny, and it isn’t welcome.  Good luck and I hope nobody “young and healthy” you care about dies.

good chance I’ll get banned for this, but I don’t want to be a part of a board that allows this anyway.

Edited by the rover
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I'm on a self imposed quarantine, but don't let facts stop you from rambling about hypertension and turkey cancer because I hurt your feelings. 

Wasn’t talking about you, but if you’re assuming people think you’re a troll perhaps you should rethink your posting.  Good luck!

Edited by the rover
1 hour ago, Pipes said:

Who said that?  Are people really arguing that someone deserves this because they are out of shape?  Multiple people have referenced this but I don’t recall seeing that posted.  If it was and I missed it I appologize.  That’s certainly not my message.

Hmmm..someone said something about “you made your bed...” about vulnerable portions of the population.   Maybe I misunderstood.  What do you think that means?

6 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Correct, which is why it'd be irrational for my decision making to be influenced by any of them. They made their bed. They can sleep in it. 

10 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Also, this is America.   A message of "eat healthy and exercise" goes over about as well as "wear a mask when entering this building".   We just don't like being told what to do.  

9 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Correct, which is why it'd be irrational for my decision making to be influenced by any of them. They made their bed. They can sleep in it. 

Our problem centers around accountability. Decisions have consequences. That's the message. 

Anyone who thinks that dialogue is me saying the fat and lazy deserve to get infected is part of this country's problem. If you spend your life looking for the negative then you will always find it.

5 hours ago, the rover said:

By the way, I’ve had friends die.  They were healthy.  To any of you that believe you’re untouchable or your friends and family are, I hope you don’t have to bury them.  Or that they have to bury you.  But your hot takes are ignorant and disgusting. If you really can’t resist trolling, please go back to the PSF.  For the most part, this has been a meaningful thread driven by facts.  I’ve said it before.  You’re not funny, and it isn’t welcome.  Good luck and I hope nobody “young and healthy” you care about dies.

good chance I’ll get banned for this, but I don’t want to be a part of a board that allows this anyway.

I say probabilities. You read untouchable. 

A healthy lifestyle improves your chances of defeating this virus. That's a fact. It just isn't a fact you want to consider.

Those are you problems. 

Edited by MAC_32

If we magically could make America average on the healthy country scale do we know how much that would help our current situation?  How many of the current 250k deaths would we think would not have happened?  I really have no clue but this side discussion made me curious.

41 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

If we magically could make America average on the healthy country scale do we know how much that would help our current situation?  How many of the current 250k deaths would we think would not have happened?  I really have no clue but this side discussion made me curious.

I would start with the per capita death rate of the core EU nations. 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

As somebody posted, I think the start of the discussion is to look at other countries that would be more in line with what we would consider healthy and compare those death rates.  

6 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

You have a lot of #### going on in your world right now. If this is bothering you then you should prioritize your health and take a break. You also should not fit shame (is that a thing) me just like I should not social distance shame you.

I don't know why you're physically at work around other people. I assume you don't have a choice, or at least I hope that is the reason. Regardless of the answer it isn't my business - make the best decisions you think you can based on the information available that is applicable to your situation.

We aren't. When i say we im not talking about top dog, rover, karma, pipes, etc. I'm speaking in generalities - and y'all taking this personally. We, Americans, are not taking this seriously nor are we healthy. Wrt the latter some beyond their own control - and that ain't who I'm talking about. I don't understand why any rational person would think that commentary is in reference to (i.e.) a poor person with 2 jobs, type 1 diabetes, living in an impoverished high crime neighborhood unless that human is just looking for an argument. 

We have opportunities to improve our own unique probabilities of both not getting this - and beating it if we aren't so lucky. Stay away from others, mask up, eat well, and move dammit. 

I agree the need for Americans to be healthier is an epidemic in itself. My problem is that the message being pushed by many people is that it only affects unhealthy people and all we need to do is protect the unhealthy and old. The young and/or healthy folks have nothing to worry about. That is a dangerous message. BECAUSE AS AMERICANS WE ARE NOT HEALTHY AND YOUNG. When we push the agenda that it only affects the old and weak, many younger people and others feel like "It is not going to kill me. I'm young/healthy/in shape". While this is true for 99.9% of those healthy or young folks, it may not true for their family members who are not. 

Although you said it was none of of your business, I was at work because our company top brass don't believe in this virus. "Just wash your hands" is a phrase I heard a lot. We had the ability to work from home for a good portion of our company. But because everyone could not work from home, they didn't want anyone working from home. That caused a couple of outbreaks and people getting sick that may have been able to be prevented. My son has no choice but to work in person where he works.

I have never been a proponent of shutting everything down. I understand the financial hardships that result from that. My daughter was out of work April - June. It took time for her job to come back as it was not considered essential. Luckily for her, we were still working and in a financial place to help. I've pushed for mask usage, social distancing and vigilance from early on in this whole thing. I am only mentioning this because I don't want you or anyone else to think that I am out of touch with what people are going through and am one of the "shut it all down" folks. I'm not. 

My problem with a lot of the posts recently is the lack of empathy for fellow humans. When someone's message comes across as brash or attacking, it usually gets lost. Just because the content of what someone is saying is correct, doesn't mean the sender shouldn't take the messenger into consideration. The whole "**** your feelings" mantra that has happened in recent years (I'm not saying that is YOUR stance, just using it as example of how some of the recent posts in this forum come across) doesn't really help one's message be received.

• Thanks 1

It is a piece of the puzzle, and I get what Mac is saying (even if I think he doesn't get how his posts are coming off).   

IMO our problem currently isn't on that end, it's on the spreading it too quickly end.    Yes, I agree that things like being healthy and taking Vitamin D might slightly increase your chances once you get it, but the trouble is that doesn't mitigate the spread - it's just helps you combat it.  Our trouble is we can't seem to mask up and stay away from each other to begin with.  

We currently have an issue at our restaurant.  We are on our 3rd positive case in the last few weeks, and these are young people - 2 are in good health.   Imagine that - 1 was from a wedding, the current one was bragging about going to 3 Thanksgivings, and one was at the bars (his entire dart team got it, and the "healthy" one in the group is currently on a ventilator).   Again, I get what people are saying in here about staying healthy, but this is why it's a hot topic for people and anger levels rise.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, the rover said:

Sorry your friends died.

Misrepresenting the position you disagree with so that you can make trolling accusations and personal attacks are what make the PSF so miserable.  For that reason the PSF is one big echo chamber where any dissenting opinion has long ago been chased way.

Facts are interpreted, and individuals will do so differently pending their own places and situations.  Does it make you feel better to rage at them?

Edited by matuski
1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

It wouldn't change the virus, but perhaps our resilience to it.

I think it is obvious the death rate is dropping in large part to a shift in who is getting it... hospitalization ages are going down.

This whole thread is just an embarrassment. Nobody is allowed an opinion anymore? 

Why is it so hard for everyone to understand that each of us has been affected by this virus in one way or another? 

Some have had loved ones die. And therefore, take this virus very serious.

Some have had the virus with no issues at all. And therefore, see this virus as less threatening than depression or financial issues the lockdowns are causing.

There is no wrong way to view this.

To say people are ignorant because they want kids back in school or their businesses open is not right. You don't know what they are going through. Perhaps their children are depressed at home and need socialization. Perhaps they are on the brink of losing their home because they are not allowed to be open.

And to say this is just the flu and we should move forward as normal isn't right either. People are dying. People are getting very sick.

Going back and forth bashing each other is terrible.  

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Close friend of the family who is mostly careful (grocery shops in mask) was taken by ambulance with covid-pneumonia yesterday.  She has had a cough and fever, tested negative initially, but now positive.  Not good considering her age group (65+).  Either got it from grandchildren who attend a private school in person or grocery store -- schools are closed to prevent spread more so than protecting the children . . . .

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Sad 2

Obesity is mostly a choice. Sure there are psychological influences, economic influences, etc. Almost nobody wants to be obese or unhealthy. But it shouldnt be controversial to say obesity is mostly a choice. 

And if we are afraid to tell people now during a pandemic that improving their overall health is better for them we are screwed even worse than covid could ever do to us. Nobody is saying "you ate a big mac, enjoy the side of covid." Nobody is saying "your 35 year old friend deserved to die." If you think they are report the post and if it that is truly what was said I cant imagine Joe not taking serious action.

The whole line of discussion of bringing up high fructose corn syrup in store bought bread causing cancer is baloney. As if fast food buns are better. 

The only surprising thing in this whole discussion is that nobody brought up metabolic disorders which is such a common go to for trying to silence discussion about obesity in this country. 

We are to a point where people that share weight loss stories online get criticism for feeding diet culture and being anti body positivity. Its dumb. 

As far as @TripItUp posts are concerned i agree that such discussion should go to the psf. 

Back to covid...

Researchers found coronavirus antibodies in 39 samples from California, Oregon, and Washington as early as Dec. 13 to Dec. 16.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Payne said:

This whole thread is just an embarrassment. Nobody is allowed an opinion anymore? 

Why is it so hard for everyone to understand that each of us has been affected by this virus in one way or another? 

Some have had loved ones die. And therefore, take this virus very serious.

Some have had the virus with no issues at all. And therefore, see this virus as less threatening than depression or financial issues the lockdowns are causing.

There is no wrong way to view this.

To say people are ignorant because they want kids back in school or their businesses open is not right. You don't know what they are going through. Perhaps their children are depressed at home and need socialization. Perhaps they are on the brink of losing their home because they are not allowed to be open.

And to say this is just the flu and we should move forward as normal isn't right either. People are dying. People are getting very sick.

Going back and forth bashing each other is terrible.  

THIS 100%.

I've tried hard to listen to all sides of this. I've experienced all sides of this. Friends and family sick. Friends and family struggling to make ends meet. If there was an easy answer here, it would have already been done.

I try hard to not be attacking in my posts. I've debated with some of the posters on here that have rubbed others the wrong way and had some meaningful discussion that has helped me to understand where people who don't agree with my views are coming from.

I may have gotten caught up in the moment last night and lashed out at a few people. @MAC_32 in particular addressed my post. And for that I apologize. We need to be better to each other and listen to all sides.

Edited by top dog
  • Like 3

I also agree back to covid stuff... Question for you guys.

My son tested positive yesterday. He lives with us. My wife is being tested as I type this. Assuming she is negative and I do not develop symptoms, what is the proper protocol for quarantine length?  My wife asked the urgent care and they said if she is positive, 10 days from today. If she is negative, 10 days from yesterday because that was when my son was positive. But aren't we potentially exposed to him for the next 9 days as well? 

The part I'm stumbling on is this:  He is in day 2 of being positive. He clears symptoms in say day 5. But on day 4 I was exposed to the virus and it takes up to 10 days for me to show symptoms. Shouldn't I be quarantining for 10 days AFTER he stops showing symptoms or something? 

It is confusing.

So we know we aren't going to magically make the nation more fit in the next 4-5 months so what's the point of the argument? 

Seems to be a little dehumanizing to make it ok. "Well they brought it on themselves so If I want to cut corners on safety and bad things happen its not on me its on them." 

The level of rationalization this country is using to do want they want and not what they should is astounding. I'm not talking about about shutting down schools and businesses. I'm talking about doing the easy (or at least easier) stuff. And this is happening in my life, with my friends, my family, who I think should know better. Patriots. Flag wavers. Just cannot do it.  

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, top dog said:

My son tested positive yesterday. He lives with us. My wife is being tested as I type this. Assuming she is negative and I do not develop symptoms, what is the proper protocol for quarantine length?  My wife asked the urgent care and they said if she is positive, 10 days from today. If she is negative, 10 days from yesterday because that was when my son was positive. But aren't we potentially exposed to him for the next 9 days as well? 

The part I'm stumbling on is this:  He is in day 2 of being positive. He clears symptoms in say day 5. But on day 4 I was exposed to the virus and it takes up to 10 days for me to show symptoms. Shouldn't I be quarantining for 10 days AFTER he stops showing symptoms or something? 

It is confusing.

You guys are probably already infected. :( 

My buddy tested positive and isolated the first day he had symptoms. They have a huge house (+7k ft) and he was set up to fully isolate (military/prepper). 

Everyone in his house (toddler son, wife, and wife's mother) all tested positive about a week later. 

Edited by [icon]
5 minutes ago, [icon] said:

My buddy tested positive and isolated the first day he had symptoms. They have a huge house (+7k ft) and he was set up to fully isolate (military/prepper). 

Everyone in his house (toddler son, wife, and wife's mother) all tested positive about a week later. 

Thanks for the positive vibes ol' buddy! ;)

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Pipes said:

I quoted and agreed with Mac 32 and he’s been promoting masks and social distancing this entire thread.  I don’t understand where this hostility for suggesting people take some personal responsibility to eat healthier as part of a plan to combat COVID, is coming from.  It’s just part of a much larger plan imo.

Remember when Michelle Obama's signature issue was nutrition and more healthy school lunches and she just got dragged relentlessly for it? 

Sarah Palin with her big gulp? Ugh. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, [icon] said:

This isnt true. Happens all the time where people dont spread it within the house. In fact I bet it is 50/50. 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Nobody is saying "you ate a big mac, enjoy the side of covid." Nobody is saying "your 35 year old friend deserved to die."

The verbal game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" is little better.

31 minutes ago, top dog said:

It is confusing.

This is more or less the guidelines my kids school uses:

Day 0: Exposure 1: Patient 0 is positive later

• Patient 0 can test positive +4 days without symptoms and +2 days with symptoms.  
  • Patient 0 infectious window (can infect you) is +2 to +14 days without symptoms with a positive test.
  • Patient 0 infectious window closes as soon as +10 days from a positive test with two negative tests (Controversial, proceed with caution)
  • Where Exposure 1 is not known it is best to assume Day 0 is 5 days prior to first positive test.  (Controversial)

Exposure 2: Patient 1 (Contact of patient 0 and has yet to test +)

• Patient 1 can test positive +6 days without symptoms and +4 days with symptoms.  Earlier testing is not recommended (caveat for Dr. orders and all that)
  • Recommendation is to test Patient 1 +5 days after first exposure to patient 0's Exposure 1, and again at +10 days if not 100% completely isolated from Patient 0.  
  • 100% isolated is not sharing same HVAC system.  

You are in the clear once your Patient 1 is negative with a test +5 days after Patient 0 tests negative twice or is 10 days from fever or symptoms.  

6 minutes ago, jamny said:

Why is the headline about travelling when the story is about large gatherings?

Because you questioned it, consider yourself in quarantine for the next 14 days 

I don't know. I think we're getting a little out there with this. Yes, there will definitely be a spike, and probably a pretty big one, from the Thanksgiving travel. Are 50 million people infected because of it? No.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, culdeus said:

This is more or less the guidelines my kids school uses:

Day 0: Exposure 1: Patient 0 is positive later

• Patient 0 can test positive +4 days without symptoms and +2 days with symptoms.  
  • Patient 0 infectious window (can infect you) is +2 to +14 days without symptoms with a positive test.
  • Patient 0 infectious window closes as soon as +10 days from a positive test with two negative tests (Controversial, proceed with caution)
  • Where Exposure 1 is not known it is best to assume Day 0 is 5 days prior to first positive test.  (Controversial)

Exposure 2: Patient 1 (Contact of patient 0 and has yet to test +)

• Patient 1 can test positive +6 days without symptoms and +4 days with symptoms.  Earlier testing is not recommended (caveat for Dr. orders and all that)
  • Recommendation is to test Patient 1 +5 days after first exposure to patient 0's Exposure 1, and again at +10 days if not 100% completely isolated from Patient 0.  
  • 100% isolated is not sharing same HVAC system.  

You are in the clear once your Patient 1 is negative with a test +5 days after Patient 0 tests negative twice or is 10 days from fever or symptoms.  

:confused: 

I've read that a few times and am really not sure what that all means.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, beer 30 said:

Because you questioned it, consider yourself in quarantine for the next 14 days 

I don't know. I think we're getting a little out there with this. Yes, there will definitely be a spike, and probably a pretty big one, from the Thanksgiving travel. Are 50 million people infected because of it? No.

We travelled the day before Thanksgiving and as per NY's newest rule, we got tested a second time yesterday in hopes of avoiding the 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

It is a piece of the puzzle, and I get what Mac is saying (even if I think he doesn't get how his posts are coming off).   

IMO our problem currently isn't on that end, it's on the spreading it too quickly end.    Yes, I agree that things like being healthy and taking Vitamin D might slightly increase your chances once you get it, but the trouble is that doesn't mitigate the spread - it's just helps you combat it.  Our trouble is we can't seem to mask up and stay away from each other to begin with.  

We currently have an issue at our restaurant.  We are on our 3rd positive case in the last few weeks, and these are young people - 2 are in good health.   Imagine that - 1 was from a wedding, the current one was bragging about going to 3 Thanksgivings, and one was at the bars (his entire dart team got it, and the "healthy" one in the group is currently on a ventilator).   Again, I get what people are saying in here about staying healthy, but this is why it's a hot topic for people and anger levels rise.  

There are certain subjects I've decided not to be nice about anymore. I had forgotten what event influenced my decision making when it came to health and @Jackstraw unintentionally reminded me. Michelle Obama being taken to the cleaners for making healthy lunches a priority was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

I don't care that my directness about this subject will rub some the wrong way. I actually think it's a feature; not a bug. From my perspective resistance and misinterpretation of the message whether overtly or accidentally is a cost of doing business. It is an engagement opportunity though. Our society needs smacked across the jaw when it comes to our health. The more blows from more people the the better. The psychological and economic influences @parasaurolophus mentioned are all too real and must be fought in order to adequately combat. Being nice about it and finding reasons to justify not making it a priority unintentionally enables the behavior to sustain. Demanding healthy behavioral decisions in 2020 isn't about just eating well and exercising; masking up and keeping your distance from others among many others things are baked into the message too.  

I don't know if my messaging or actions will have a meaningful impact, but I think it's the right thing to do in our current environment. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, top dog said:

It is confusing.

You should be confining him to his room and everyone wear masks when interacting probably.  

It is confusing.

My youngest daughter tested positive on November 3rd. I was in the car with her the two days previous with no masks on. I sat in line with her and comforted her as she was pretty scared. That evening, my wife and oldest daughter went for testing. I assumed I had it. Wife tested positive. Older daughter negative. WTH? So I went that evening as well. Negative. Youngest daughter was told quarantine for 10 days from last contact....which was already 4 days earlier. Wife was told 10 days from positive test. Two different hospitals.

My wife and two daughters stayed in their rooms. I vacated to the basement. My wife had a headache for maybe two days. Daughter never skipped a beat. 

My oldest daughter was swimming at the time for high school. She was notified if she tested negative a second time, she could swim. She tested negative two days later.

We remained distant for two full weeks and finally just slowly getting back to normal. Eating separate was awful for my kids. 

Point is, it's not a forgone conclusion you will get it. Good luck and take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Payne said:

My youngest daughter tested positive on November 3rd. I was in the car with her the two days previous with no masks on. I sat in line with her and comforted her as she was pretty scared. That evening, my wife and oldest daughter went for testing. I assumed I had it. Wife tested positive. Older daughter negative. WTH? So I went that evening as well. Negative. Youngest daughter was told quarantine for 10 days from last contact....which was already 4 days earlier. Wife was told 10 days from positive test. Two different hospitals.

My wife and two daughters stayed in their rooms. I vacated to the basement. My wife had a headache for maybe two days. Daughter never skipped a beat. 

My oldest daughter was swimming at the time for high school. She was notified if she tested negative a second time, she could swim. She tested negative two days later.

We remained distant for two full weeks and finally just slowly getting back to normal. Eating separate was awful for my kids. 

Point is, it's not a forgone conclusion you will get it. Good luck and take care.

My friend's niece has it -- positive last week sometime.  The mom tested positive yesterday with symptoms.  The other 3 members of the household are waiting on results.

57 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

So we know we aren't going to magically make the nation more fit in the next 4-5 months so what's the point of the argument

Seems to be a little dehumanizing to make it ok. "Well they brought it on themselves so If I want to cut corners on safety and bad things happen its not on me its on them." 

The level of rationalization this country is using to do want they want and not what they should is astounding. I'm not talking about about shutting down schools and businesses. I'm talking about doing the easy (or at least easier) stuff. And this is happening in my life, with my friends, my family, who I think should know better. Patriots. Flag wavers. Just cannot do it.  

My point of the argument is to take some steps, personally to help combat the virus.  Since this country is filled with so many irresponsible, selfish people who wont wear mask, continue to go to parties, etc.  Ultimately we can't count on others for our own well being.  So wear a mask, social distance when out in public and do your best to limit contact with those outside your household.  Also dropping a few lbs (if needed), exercise more and supplement your diet with vitamins, if deficient, is all part of a good plan to help battle the disease.

Just now, Pipes said:

My point of the argument is to take some steps, personally to help combat the virus.  Since this country is filled with so many irresponsible, selfish people who wont wear mask, continue to go to parties, etc.  Ultimately we can't count on others for our own well being.  So wear a mask, social distance when out in public and do your best to limit contact with those outside your household.  Also dropping a few lbs (if needed), exercise more and supplement your diet with vitamins, if deficient, is all part of a good plan to help battle the disease.

Agreed, but this is different than saying that everyone can do this, and that they made their bed so they need to lay in it when it comes to what we are going through with this pandemic.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

You should be confining him to his room and everyone wear masks when interacting probably.  

He is confined to his room and has exclusive access to the upstairs bathroom. He wears a KN95 mask when leaving his room to go to the bathroom. If he needs food or something I put it outside his door, knock and then run away like a little girl. It's about the best we can do I guess.

1 minute ago, top dog said:

He is confined to his room and has exclusive access to the upstairs bathroom. He wears a KN95 mask when leaving his room to go to the bathroom. If he needs food or something I put it outside his door, knock and then run away like a little girl. It's about the best we can do I guess.

Probably best you can ask for. 

• Like 1

We have a nanny that comes in to make sure my 7 year twins are online for their classes.  She also makes them lunch, then leaves after that.  My MIL takes over in the afternoon.  This allows my wife and I to have work calls, and actually be productive.

After 2 weeks of mask usage by all in the house while the nanny is here, we made it through an outdoor Thanksgiving meal with some friends.  Precautorios seemed to be working out.  Nanny was here yesterday and we said she didn't need the mask because we weren't planning on any meet-up events until around Christmas.

This morning she tells us she's got a fever and other symptoms...  So, she is obviously going to get tested ASAP.  No one else has any symptoms.  My MIL is nearing 80, has high BP, and is not in great shape, which is why we are trying to protect her as much as possible.

I don't even want to think about having to handle childcare all day over these next 3 stressful weeks, let alone if one of us catches this from the nanny.  Ugh.

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, The Z Machine said:

We have a nanny that comes in to make sure my 7 year twins are online for their classes.  She also makes them lunch, then leaves after that.  My MIL takes over in the afternoon.  This allows my wife and I to have work calls, and actually be productive.

After 2 weeks of mask usage by all in the house while the nanny is here, we made it through an outdoor Thanksgiving meal with some friends.  Precautorios seemed to be working out.  Nanny was here yesterday and we said she didn't need the mask because we weren't planning on any meet-up events until around Christmas.

This morning she tells us she's got a fever and other symptoms...  So, she is obviously going to get tested ASAP.  No one else has any symptoms.  My MIL is nearing 80, has high BP, and is not in great shape, which is why we are trying to protect her as much as possible.

I don't even want to think about having to handle childcare all day over these next 3 stressful weeks, let alone if one of us catches this from the nanny.  Ugh.

Yikes.  Good luck Z.  :(

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, top dog said:

:lmao: at this visual. 

Everybody should have a plan in place for how they will handle an infected family member. 

I hear so many people that think it is a foregone conclusion that if one family member gets it everybody gets it. The data does not support that. Over half of the people that get this do not give it to a single other person. 

Even if you determine there is a minimum level of codependency needed and isolation in the home isnt possible, there are still precautions that can be taken. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive vibes ol' buddy! ;)

Sorry Gb just frustrated and seeing it spread like wildfire in households where it hits. You know I'm rooting for you guys. Hope you caught it in time, Gb.