Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • shader

    2386

  • Doug B

    2247

  • parasaurolophus

    1399

  • Terminalxylem

    1201

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dad has been sick for a few weeks.  My mom called me today to say he was about to die.  I said some final words to him and he could hear me but was unable to respond.  He passed a short time later.

Not to derail anything, but we had our baby last night! She's doing amazingly well. Due to the hospital's pandemic policies, I had to leave her right after my wife was released from recovery. I can't

On a positive note, my wife gave birth to our first child this morning!! We were expecting our daughter to be born in the first week of April, which does not align very well if this hospital sees a ma

2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Does anybody know the process for warming the pfizer vaccine up? Just let it sit for a while? 

Just leave it out I believe. Takes like 3 hours IIRC. We will gently warm other vaccines in our hands to speed up the process but that’s fridge and regular freezer temps. I doubt any external heat is advisable with a drug that needs ultra cold for stability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

Not a fan of labeling something more transmissible without a legend for what that means, and how it should impact protocols.

Also, from time news broke there was speculation that vaccine may not be effective. Isn’t this pretty easy to deduce? mRNA uses a precise sequence that’s like a key to a lock. Either the sequence they target is there or it isn’t. There is no partially correct key, from what I understand.

my understanding is that the spike protein has a few "sticky" point so even a mutation of that protein, partially, may not render the vaccine ineffective.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

It’s Monday and I now feel completely fine, I lost taste Saturday and Sunday but today all is back to normal. Just in time for golf this morning! Booster Jan 8, I’ll report back after that one 

That's flippin' weird. That suggests that it's the immune reaction to a COVID infection that causes the smell/taste loss, as opposed to something the virus itself is doing (e.g. damaging cells via infiltration).

Some report that a persistent stuffed-up nose will weaken smell & taste. Is that what's happening with COVID patients? Or is it more "mysterious" and unintuitive than that?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doug B said:

That's flippin' weird. That suggests that it's the immune reaction to a COVID infection that causes the smell/taste loss, as opposed to something the virus itself is doing (e.g. damaging cells via infiltration).

Some report that a persistent stuffed-up nose will weaken smell & taste. Is that what's happening with COVID patients? Or is it more "mysterious" and unintuitive than that?

Yeah, I hadn't heard of that as a side effect of the vaccine and doesn't make much sense.   Did you have any congestion @CGRdrJoe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Yeah, I hadn't heard of that as a side effect of the vaccine and doesn't make much sense.   Did you have any congestion @CGRdrJoe?

No more than usual when I travel from nor cal to so cal, my allergies are constant but worse when temps change quickly. It was in the low 60’s in the bay when I left and 80 down at my parents. The CG gave us 5 different things to read on the shot, one was pretty in depth and had taste on there I believe. Either way it was extremely noticeable but not the worst since it kept me away from all the cookies my mom was baking for Xmas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be in my state, but walking down the road within 7-17 ft of another person wouldn't be.  Most here would consider you part of the problem and the old man fine.  It's all about perspective.  You have yours and are doing what you feel is safe.  I have no problem with the decision you are making, but you shouldn't be so judgmental.  If you're not comfortable with people in the 7-17 ft range it's best to stay home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Just leave it out I believe. Takes like 3 hours IIRC. We will gently warm other vaccines in our hands to speed up the process but that’s fridge and regular freezer temps. I doubt any external heat is advisable with a drug that needs ultra cold for stability.

Yeah probably not a good idea to roll -84 in your hands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Just had a thought:

@CGRdrJoe -- any chance whatsoever that you were harboring a nascent COVID infection when you got the vaccine? More or less asymptomatically?

No idea, I have never been tested and I’ve been pretty healthy since February when I was sick with an unknown upper respiratory infection :shrug:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:
42 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Just leave it out I believe. Takes like 3 hours IIRC. We will gently warm other vaccines in our hands to speed up the process but that’s fridge and regular freezer temps. I doubt any external heat is advisable with a drug that needs ultra cold for stability.

Yeah probably not a good idea to roll -84 in your hands. 

Young & dumb: I played with dry ice pebbles (-109o F) many time as a kid. Pieces about as big as an M&M. I'm sure the low surface area compared to our palms was keeping us 'safe' ... but it could hurt like a mutha if you didn't juggle the pebble and keep it moving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mr. Ham said:

Edit: I don’t really care if the risks of transmission are low walking by someone outdoors at six feet.

Just pointing out that referring to this as "low" is a huge overstatement.

The risks are as close to zero as you can get. In fact waiting in a cul de sac is probably a greater risk of getting pooped on by a bird and developing a brand new bird flu than catching covid outside in a brief passing.

In fact yelling at him and risking him yelling back might be the only way you could create a covid transmission in your scenario.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

It’s Monday and I now feel completely fine, I lost taste Saturday and Sunday but today all is back to normal. Just in time for golf this morning! Booster Jan 8, I’ll report back after that one 

Interesting, is that a potential side effect of the vaccine?  I haven't paid close attention to the new on the vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Terminalxylem @gianmarco

I can't remember if I asked this previously or not - did a search and can't find it in the thread.  My wife had Guillain-Barre as a child - any concerns with her taking the vaccine?  Right now she's leaning towards not until we find out for sure it's safe.  Doing a Google search revealed one link which seemed to indicate she would be ok to get it.

Just wondering if either of you (or anybody else) has any info on this.

ETA - and of course we will consult her physician on this but wanted to see what information may be out there already.

Edited by AAABatteries
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

@Terminalxylem @gianmarco

I can't remember if I asked this previously or not - did a search and can't find it in the thread.  My wife had Guillain-Barre as a child - any concerns with her taking the vaccine?  Right now she's leaning towards not until we find out for sure it's safe.  Doing a Google search revealed one link which seemed to indicate she would be ok to get it.

Just wondering if either of you (or anybody else) has any info on this.

ETA - and of course we will consult her physician on this but wanted to see what information may be out there already.

Even though the recurrence risk is essentially zero (and the link to vaccines is debatable), your physician may recommend against it. Technically, it is NOT contraindicated (from CDC):

Quote

Persons with a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome

To date, no cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) have been reported following vaccination among participants in the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines clinical trials. With few exceptions, ACIP’s general best practice guidelines for immunization does not include history of GBS as a contraindication or precaution to vaccination. Persons with a history of GBS may receive an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine unless they have a contraindication to vaccination. Any occurrence of GBS following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). 

If I were her, I’d get vaccinated.

Edited by Terminalxylem
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Not those links.   

So frustrating that people can post this stuff without warnings and TOs around these boards, but a slightly off color joke about a politician gets a few months off.   I don't get how in the eyes of the leadership one is that much more damaging than the other.  

What's wrong with my links?  I'm having an honest discussion about an important topic and posted links of doctors and scientists speaking out.  Please tell me what's wrong in that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, [icon] said:

1) Influenza =\= Coronavirus 

2) There are families of 325,000 Americans who might take issue with your claim COVID is curable.

And that's just the issues in your first sentence...  we can START there :lol: 

It's curable was my point.  There are LOADs of doctors saying so. Did you watch either of the video links I provided?

 

So let's get this straight. Nobody wants to know the truth, correct?  I post 2 links with loads of doctors and scientists giving their expert opinions that differ from mainstream narrative but they're the 'wrong' links.  I'm out for truth.  This has nothing to do with politics, it's about truth, freedom and living.  Why am I getting constantly ridiculed for wanting to know the truth.  This is very frustrating that we can't ask questions about this without so much anger and ridicule.  I'm an American. I'm a military veteran. My first ancestors arrived here in the early 1600s.  I care about my country. I care about freedom. I care about the TRUTH.  Why so much anger towards that?  I'm not a troll. I'm sincerely looking for truth in a world of lies and corruption. All of us should be.  Censorship is NOT the answer to finding truth.  Please understand my intentions.  

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

What's wrong with my links?  I'm having an honest discussion about an important topic and posted links of doctors and scientists speaking out.  Please tell me what's wrong in that!

I looked up a few of those physicians in that video. The ones I looked up have had their licenses revoked or suspended. The first physician in the video does not even believe viruses exist at all. Another one in England does not believe HIV exists.

These are fringe conspiracy folks that represent a very small minority.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

We are one of the few countries still allowing flights from the UK. The new strain is here and we just don't know it.

 

3 hours ago, jobarules said:

Not only are we letting flights in but we are also not requiring negative covid tests.

This was our game plan in February/March as we shut down travel from China but left the door open to Europe and we crushed NYC. There are 20+? flights a day coming in from the UK, probably looking for a repeat performance of that in January and the spread of this mutated virus as well.

Edited by beer 30
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Just leave it out I believe. Takes like 3 hours IIRC. We will gently warm other vaccines in our hands to speed up the process but that’s fridge and regular freezer temps. I doubt any external heat is advisable with a drug that needs ultra cold for stability.

Won't you also have to add some sort of agent to make the consumable doses?  I thought I read they were being shipped 5/10 (whatever the number) doses per bottle, but then on site more work needed to be done to make them into the consumable doses.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

Are we getting ready to come full circle back to hydroxychloroquine as the miracle cure?  It's been a few months since that story's come about.  :oldunsure: 

It seems the troll presence ramps up as the virus spread ramps up. Definitely a correlation. With how closely this thread gets watched for any sort of political mention, it's amusing that the obvious trolls carry on with impunity. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

It's curable was my point.  There are LOADs of doctors saying so. Did you watch either of the video links I provided?

 

So let's get this straight. Nobody wants to know the truth, correct?  I post 2 links with loads of doctors and scientists giving their expert opinions that differ from mainstream narrative but they're the 'wrong' links.  I'm out for truth.  This has nothing to do with politics, it's about truth, freedom and living.  Why am I getting constantly ridiculed for wanting to know the truth.  This is very frustrating that we can't ask questions about this without so much anger and ridicule.  I'm an American. I'm a military veteran. My first ancestors arrived here in the early 1600s.  I care about my country. I care about freedom. I care about the TRUTH.  Why so much anger towards that?  I'm not a troll. I'm sincerely looking for truth in a world of lies and corruption. All of us should be.  Censorship is NOT the answer to finding truth.  Please understand my intentions.  

 

16 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

It's curable was my point.  There are LOADs of doctors saying so. Did you watch either of the video links I provided?

 

So let's get this straight. Nobody wants to know the truth, correct?  I post 2 links with loads of doctors and scientists giving their expert opinions that differ from mainstream narrative but they're the 'wrong' links.  I'm out for truth.  This has nothing to do with politics, it's about truth, freedom and living.  Why am I getting constantly ridiculed for wanting to know the truth.  This is very frustrating that we can't ask questions about this without so much anger and ridicule.  I'm an American. I'm a military veteran. My first ancestors arrived here in the early 1600s.  I care about my country. I care about freedom. I care about the TRUTH.  Why so much anger towards that?  I'm not a troll. I'm sincerely looking for truth in a world of lies and corruption. All of us should be.  Censorship is NOT the answer to finding truth.  Please understand my intentions.  

Search the internet and you will always find some sub-cohort of individuals that will agree/support your views. You can take the minute minority and I'll take the overwhelming majority.

If you have more links please post them (albeit ones that don't feel like they give my laptop the equivalent malware version of covid).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a little writeup on some of the "doctors" in that one video link

And a little background on the author so you know where he's coming from:

Quote

So, here I am, a declared opponent of lockdowns. I am a skeptic of Covid-19 epidemiological models. I doubt the validity of PCR tests (and there’s a great podcast here that explains exactly why). I think the virus is less serious than we’ve been told, but more serious than the flu.

Because I think Covid-19 is real and serious, and I’m okay with vaccinating against it, I get denounced as a shill for Bill Gates, the World Health Organisation, Big Pharma and government tyranny. Because I oppose government lockdowns and question the official statistics, I get denounced as a Covid denier. Can’t win.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

It seems the troll presence ramps up as the virus spread ramps up. Definitely a correlation. With how closely this thread gets watched for any sort of political mention, it's amusing that the obvious trolls carry on with impunity. 

Seriously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Won't you also have to add some sort of agent to make the consumable doses?  I thought I read they were being shipped 5/10 (whatever the number) doses per bottle, but then on site more work needed to be done to make them into the consumable doses.  

I was off on the times:

30 minutes to thaw at room temp, 4-6 hours in the fridge. After thawing, it needs to be reconstituted within 2 hours. After reconstitution the 5 doses are good for 6 hours in the fridge.

To compare with Moderna, it can be stored in a regular freezer for 6 months, the refrigerator for 30 days. It doesn’t need to be reconstituted and has 10 doses in each vial. Only tricky part is the vial is only good for 6 hours after punctured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

I was off on the times:

30 minutes to thaw at room temp, 4-6 hours in the fridge. After thawing, it needs to be reconstituted within 2 hours. After reconstitution the 5 doses are good for 6 hours in the fridge.

To compare with Moderna, it can be stored in a regular freezer for 6 months, the refrigerator for 30 days. It doesn’t need to be reconstituted and has 10 doses in each vial. Only tricky part is the vial is only good for 6 hours after punctured.

All that sounds like something I've heard.  Logistics for Pfizer seem like they're a nightmare for local doctors/pharmacies etc....maybe not a big deal when they are at a place saying "we are doing X amount of vaccines today and when they are gone, you'll have to come back the next day" kinds of stuff....the mass vaccination stations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jamny said:

Here's a little writeup on some of the "doctors" in that one video link

And a little background on the author so you know where he's coming from:

Quote

So, here I am, a declared opponent of lockdowns. I am a skeptic of Covid-19 epidemiological models. I doubt the validity of PCR tests (and there’s a great podcast here that explains exactly why). I think the virus is less serious than we’ve been told, but more serious than the flu.

Because I think Covid-19 is real and serious, and I’m okay with vaccinating against it, I get denounced as a shill for Bill Gates, the World Health Organisation, Big Pharma and government tyranny. Because I oppose government lockdowns and question the official statistics, I get denounced as a Covid denier. Can’t win.

 

And this is usually where these types go off the rails....almost very credible model that showed up during the infancy of this pandemic predicted that between 200-500K people in the US were going to die from this.  Right now we are smack dab in the middle of that estimate.  Those predictions couldn't have done much better than they have.  It's remarkable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

It seems the troll presence ramps up as the virus spread ramps up. Definitely a correlation. With how closely this thread gets watched for any sort of political mention, it's amusing that the obvious trolls carry on with impunity. 

PSA have people ready to instant report

And when "the truth" goes against actual science is it the truth?   

A famous man once said....

"It's not a Lie, if you believe it"

Edited by belljr
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A detailed post on the efficacy of various COVID treatments.  Full disclosure, I do not know if this guy is credible or not other than his claim he is "the Executive Director for the COVID-19 Early Treatment Fund (CETF)".

Interesting quote: "If everyone in the world took just the fluvoxamine for 14 days after they learned they were COVID positive, our hospitals and ICUs would be nearly empty today."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, themeanmachine said:

A detailed post on the efficacy of various COVID treatments.  Full disclosure, I do not know if this guy is credible or not other than his claim he is "the Executive Director for the COVID-19 Early Treatment Fund (CETF)".

Steve Kirsch is credible, but it's important to note that he himself is not the scientific brains behind the enterprise (which he admits freely in your link). Kirsch is CETF's founder and financial backer. Kirsch and a team of advisors accept submission for grants to study existing drugs that may help in the fight against COVID-19.

A lot of the information he's sharing in the link is preliminary but promising. In the first section detailing monoclonal antibodies, Kirsch goes over the two that President Trump took at Walter Reed (casirivimab and imdevimab) and notes their pros and cons. Kirsch is pushing for CETF-funded research and belies some frustration with the cautious approach of most scientists in the field. But even as he comes off as impatient and maybe overeager ... Kirsch seems to have his heart and head in the right place.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Highly doubt it.

SD, ND, WI, IA all on same trajectories. 

I think those places, Thanksgiving was just like any other random Thursday in that they got drunk with family/friends. Only instead of at a bar it was at someone's house

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Highly doubt it.

SD, ND, WI, IA all on same trajectories. 

Disagree lots of people gave up gathering at Thanksgiving like they normally do.  Not sure it was enough to move the needle but tons of people made that sacrifice this year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine but it was the one developed in Russia. I received my first dose this early this afternoon. It's safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо.

Just kidding, got mine this afternoon, so far so good.  Hopefully see you guys tomorrow!

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [icon] said:

:lol: it's amazing what some will believe. 
 

One more added to the ignore list... avoid quoting where possible. TIA 

I don't think he believes it. I think he is just enjoying what he views as an exquisite troll session. I mean, no one that was serious would link to physicians that lost licenses, etc. He obviously chose those links to that fringe population to elicit the exact response he got. I chose to simply follow your lead rather than waste the 15 seconds it takes to read it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

I don't think he believes it. I think he is just enjoying what he views as an exquisite troll session. I mean, no one that was serious would link to physicians that lost licenses, etc. He obviously chose those links to that fringe population to elicit the exact response he got. I chose to simply follow your lead rather than waste the 15 seconds it takes to read it.

The kicker is complaining about "forced" vaccines and then saying he is a vet , where they make certain vaccines mandatory.  Hell back in the day they lined you up with a vaccine gun (jet injector) and just went down the line.  I think that changed in 1996 for safety

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

So I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine but it was the one developed in Russia. I received my first dose this early this afternoon. It's safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо.

 

  Hide contents

Just kidding, got mine this afternoon, so far so good.  Hopefully see you guys tomorrow!

If you get the urge to start hoarding potatoes and toilet paper, seek a cultural attaché immediately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pipes said:

Disagree lots of people gave up gathering at Thanksgiving like they normally do.  Not sure it was enough to move the needle but tons of people made that sacrifice this year.

Well of course some people gave up thanksgiving. I did. Plenty in this thread did. 

My point was that considering the downward trajectories, and when they all started there is no way enough people stayed home to account for it. We know mobility was way up compared to previous weeks. We know air travel was up a ton compared to previous weeks. But yet somehow the downtrend just rolled right through in the states I mentioned. 

I dont think it is possible to explain that drop by a mass stay home for thanksgiving weekend that was actually below the weeks previous to it(which is what would be required to explain the drop) Just no data to support that in those states. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, looking for advice from the FFA.   (which is usually a mistake, but it could be fun). Here is the situation:

Heading to WI later this week with wife and kids to see the grandparents for xmas.  We’ve all been locked down for 4 weeks, even more than normal (which has involved seeing....oh.....nobody), only trips to grocery store for necessities (short trip, fully masked)

Our plan is to stay with my parents for 4 days.  Everyone agreed to follow this protocol.  You can guess where this is headed.

So, 2 days ago, my 75 yo FIL (who lives in the same town, and is widowed) decided to see his married GF to “exchange Xmas gifts.”  (Please god let that not be a euphemism)  He called my wife to ask “what protocol to follow.”  I told my wife “tell him to see her outdoors, maybe even with a mask.”   Fast forward, FIL and wife talk - and she says “yeah, just be sure to wear a mask.”  FIL then invites GF into his house (!!) for 40 minutes.  They both wear masks the whole time supposedly.  🙄

Wife tells me.  I get pissed.  Basically, wtf did we bother taking precautions for if FIL was going to break protocol and see his GF indoors?  They haven’t seen each other in person indoors since March.  Why now???   (Note:  married GF lives with her husband.  She works from home, but the actual husband works in a factory.  He’s around people - masked - 5 days a week)
 

My parents have basically said “do whatever you want but a) he can’t come in our house, b) if you all see him indoors, then you can’t come in our house afterwards.”

The whole point was to all be super double extra safe so we could spend Xmas together.  Ugh.

What would the FFA recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Ok, looking for advice from the FFA.   (which is usually a mistake, but it could be fun). Here is the situation:

Heading to WI later this week with wife and kids to see the grandparents for xmas.  We’ve all been locked down for 4 weeks, even more than normal (which has involved seeing....oh.....nobody), only trips to grocery store for necessities (short trip, fully masked)

Our plan is to stay with my parents for 4 days.  Everyone agreed to follow this protocol.  You can guess where this is headed.

So, 2 days ago, my 75 yo FIL (who lives in the same town, and is widowed) decided to see his married GF to “exchange Xmas gifts.”  (Please god let that not be a euphemism)  He called my wife to ask “what protocol to follow.”  I told my wife “tell him to see her outdoors, maybe even with a mask.”   Fast forward, FIL and wife talk - and she says “yeah, just be sure to wear a mask.”  FIL then invites GF into his house (!!) for 40 minutes.  They both wear masks the whole time supposedly.  🙄

Wife tells me.  I get pissed.  Basically, wtf did we bother taking precautions for if FIL was going to break protocol and see his GF indoors?  They haven’t seen each other in person indoors since March.  Why now???   (Note:  married GF lives with her husband.  She works from home, but the actual husband works in a factory.  He’s around people - masked - 5 days a week)
 

My parents have basically said “do whatever you want but a) he can’t come in our house, b) if you all see him indoors, then you can’t come in our house afterwards.”

The whole point was to all be super double extra safe so we could spend Xmas together.  Ugh.

What would the FFA recommend?

FFA mad libs:

bang like a screen door.

social distancing.

exchange presents.

burn the ole yule log.

gf.

fil.

husband.

factory machinery.

masks.

mistletoe.

Choose your own Christmas adventure.

egg nog.

 

 

 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the moops said:

Small pox is curable. Ebola is curable. Soke cancers are curable. Measles is curable. Covid is curable. None of them are the flu

Nobody really knows if "covid" is curable.  We basically know that generally speaking--approximately 10-15% of people that test positive for it need hospitalization--and most of the time with ample medical care, personnel, medicine--it tends to be treatable and survivable for a majority of people.  We don't know if there are long term ramifications to it--so the term "curable" is probably a bit premature in regards to covid imo.  Secondly--from very early since the onset of Covid--the biggest fear was a strained hospital system to where there are shortages in medical personnel, medicine, equipment, beds and quality of care to treat the high volume of patients that require hospitalization.  Once these things hit a critical supply of being shorthanded--this somewhat "treatable" disease rapidly becomes a lot more lethal.  When it comes to Covid--because of the way it grows exponentially--you have to look at it and understand the macro view of it to really understand how dangerous it is.   I find that those who view it or choose to view it with a micro-view are the ones that refuse to accept and understand how serious it is.    It's not different than a rainstorm.  Most cities and infrastructures can handle a weather system that brings mild to moderate rain for a week or more.  However--those same cities and infrastructures can get destroyed and devastated by a storm that dumps torrential rain for a period of 24 hours or less.    Proper behavior (masking, social distancing, temporarily eliminating physical interactions with people that are unnecessary, sanitizing and sterlizying things that you come in contact with, hand washing..tec ) is the way for us to metaphorically reduce the downpour into a a more treatable and controllable sprinkle or shower.  If everybody would just understand this concept--we'd be in such a better place in regards to this pandemic. 

Edited by jvdesigns2002
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Ok, looking for advice from the FFA.   (which is usually a mistake, but it could be fun). Here is the situation:

Heading to WI later this week with wife and kids to see the grandparents for xmas.  We’ve all been locked down for 4 weeks, even more than normal (which has involved seeing....oh.....nobody), only trips to grocery store for necessities (short trip, fully masked)

Our plan is to stay with my parents for 4 days.  Everyone agreed to follow this protocol.  You can guess where this is headed.

So, 2 days ago, my 75 yo FIL (who lives in the same town, and is widowed) decided to see his married GF to “exchange Xmas gifts.”  (Please god let that not be a euphemism)  He called my wife to ask “what protocol to follow.”  I told my wife “tell him to see her outdoors, maybe even with a mask.”   Fast forward, FIL and wife talk - and she says “yeah, just be sure to wear a mask.”  FIL then invites GF into his house (!!) for 40 minutes.  They both wear masks the whole time supposedly.  🙄

Wife tells me.  I get pissed.  Basically, wtf did we bother taking precautions for if FIL was going to break protocol and see his GF indoors?  They haven’t seen each other in person indoors since March.  Why now???   (Note:  married GF lives with her husband.  She works from home, but the actual husband works in a factory.  He’s around people - masked - 5 days a week)
 

My parents have basically said “do whatever you want but a) he can’t come in our house, b) if you all see him indoors, then you can’t come in our house afterwards.”

The whole point was to all be super double extra safe so we could spend Xmas together.  Ugh.

What would the FFA recommend?

Did I read this right?  Your FIL is cucking some married dude and giving his wife the yule-log?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...