What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (14 Viewers)

I wouldn't eat the pie because you don't know who this person has been around and people are generally stupid.

My wife was placed in quarantine last week because her immediate co-worker tested positive. This lady was texting my wife late last week that her whole family had it and some were sicker than others. Yesterday the doorbell rings, I look at my cameras and it is this lady. She then begins to knock. She stands in our driveway and begins to call my wife (we hoped she would get the hint and leave), but then she begins to text my wife. My wife had to acknowledge that because my wife is still in her quarantine period. Turns out, she came by to drop off her stupid secret Santa stuff. Now this is a person who is confirmed positive, still feeling sick and is supposed to be in quarantine (my wife's employer told them to obey the 14 day rule) and yet, here she is on our porch. 

We took the stuff she left (whatever it may be) and put it in the garage and do not plan on touching it until next week. 

I wouldn't eat the pie because you don't know who this person has been around and people are generally stupid.

My wife was placed in quarantine last week because her immediate co-worker tested positive. This lady was texting my wife late last week that her whole family had it and some were sicker than others. Yesterday the doorbell rings, I look at my cameras and it is this lady. She then begins to knock. She stands in our driveway and begins to call my wife (we hoped she would get the hint and leave), but then she begins to text my wife. My wife had to acknowledge that because my wife is still in her quarantine period. Turns out, she came by to drop off her stupid secret Santa stuff. Now this is a person who is confirmed positive, still feeling sick and is supposed to be in quarantine (my wife's employer told them to obey the 14 day rule) and yet, here she is on our porch. 

We took the stuff she left (whatever it may be) and put it in the garage and do not plan on touching it until next week. 
:wall:

I would have absolutely said something. She is endangering people's lives. There's no chance she only went to your house, too.

gianmarco said:
Stella Immanuel

To put it nicely, she's a quack.  I'm sorry you listen to that and believe it.  I already responded earlier and explained that the physicians in these videos are either not true physicians or have lost their licenses.  They are conspiracy theorists.  They don't believe viruses exist.  They don't believe AIDS exists.  They believe in witches and demons.

None of it is true science.  Yes, there are doctors and scientists on both sides, as you stated.  However, for every 1 doctor/scientist on one side (i.e. this video), there are 99 on the other side.  There's a reason for that.  If you truly want to be educated on what's going on, stop believing the fringe minority conspiracy folks.

ETA -- More on that video

America's Frontline Doctors

But none of the most vocal members have practices that would place them on the actual front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some don't currently practice at all.

Two of those appearing at the Monday event are ophthalmologists, one of whom is no longer licensed.
First off, let me just say thanks to you for trying to engage in an actual discussion and not just resort to calling me names because my beliefs do not match that of mainstream. I am a human being who cares immensely about America and our freedom.  I am not here to troll. I am looking for truth in a sea of confusion.  Everyone thinks their personal opinions are the 'RIGHT' ones and anyone else who has a different take must be 'dumb' and deserves to 'die'.  This is WRONG.

So I read through the first part of your article that attempts to discredit the doctors in the "America's Frontline Doctors" video.  Pointing out that a certain doctor has their office in a strip mall should not discredit anyone, that's bush league journalism. Not every doctor has the means or ability to have a nice office on main street.  Dr. Stella Immanuel is an actual doctor.  Her political beliefs (somehow the media knows she supports Trump) should not discredit her medical background and experience.  Nothing I read about her makes me think she is a 'quack'.  There is not one perfect human being on this planet.  And it's real easy for the mainstream folks who own and run the media to attempt to make these actual doctors appear to be 'quacks'.  She is accused is of 'promoting conspiracies about the medical profession'.  So she is accusing the medical profession of conspiracies and those same professionals are trying to discredit her?  Imagine that.  Of course they're trying to discredit her. Someone wrote an article saying Dr. Immanuel is a trump supporter and she thinks some medical conditions are simply witches and demons.  It must be true!!  Oh she's a Trump supporter?!!  Well then we KNOW she is an absolute idiot and her thoughts/opinions/expertise certainly don't matter!

This is exactly what's wrong in America that most do not recognize.  Everyone is an expert on everything now.  Just open any hot topic post here in the Shark Pool and you'll see.  A bunch of dudes (some women) who have read a few articles (most likely from mainstream sources) and proclaim to know EVERYTHING there is to be known about said topic.  It's laughable.  So instead of laughing at experts who say things other than the mainstream narrative - we should really be listening MORE.  Nobody here is an expert on virology. There are actual experts on virology who are saying things that dispute what Fauci says.  Who is right? Who is wrong?  When an establishment wants you to believe one side, they try to discredit the other side.  Compliance tactics 101.  

Here's a real important question to anyone who thinks these other doctors are 'Quacks'.  What do any of these doctors have to gain by going against the mainstream narrative and putting their names and reputations on the line?  I would encourage everyone who laughs at these non-popular opinions to really think hard about that. These folks have EVERYTHING to lose and nothing to gain by sticking their necks out.  Much like me on this forum.  It's very difficult to speak up and out against something that EVERYONE else is taking the other side.  Y'all look at me as a troll. Well, anyone on here who knows me at all knows this is not true.  I've never been a troll.  It's not easy searching for truth.  People get angry at me.  Call me names.  Say I'm dumb (or imply it).  Let me reiterate - it's not easy taking the other side but I'm so profoundly in love with freedom, I keep doing it despite the ridicule.  Because it's so difficult to speak out, it's even more important to LISTEN and HEAR those people.  Why would they risk it all?  MAYBE they have a point.  MAYBE there is more to this pandemic?  Maybe hydroxychloroquine does cure Covid?

All I'm begging for is for people to be more critical of our government and elected officials.  Ask more questions.  Governments have controlled and oppressed their people throughout the entire existence of recorded history. Why would now be any different? Every decade the government releases old classified documents that reveal just how manipulative and controlling our government is, yet people think "that stuff doesn't happen now".  YES IT DOES. 

There's a great book called: "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion".  In it, the book discusses various tricks that have been identified and used over time to gain obedience and compliance from people.  When I look at this Pandemic in that light, it's so dang obvious this is being used for compliance.  Everything that's being done is a step-by-step instruction manual on how to get people to comply.  

I'm terrified of the future.  If its this easy to get the majority of people to obey and willingly inject themselves with a FIRST EVER DNA-altering vaccine with not enough time to test it, then we are in BIG trouble.  We no longer live in the land of the free and home of the brave.  This is about control and shaming anyone who doesn't get on board and obey and comply. I don't care that people want to get the vaccine. I care that those people are yelling at the top of their lungs that anyone NOT getting the vaccine is: dumb, deserves to be ostracized from society, should lose their job, should not be able to enjoy the benefits of normal society (concerts, eating out, socializing) and deserves to die (yes, I've read/heard numerous people wish this on 'anti-vaxxers').

If the majority is getting the vaccine, why does it matter if I elect not to?  You're already protected right?

Thanks again @gianmarco for having a civil discussion with me. I care DEEPLY about this country.  I volunteered my life for it.  I am a father and husband. I do not deserve to be ostracized because I am choosing what I believe is right for MY body.  If you want to get the vaccine, please do but PLEASE let me decide for myself what is best for ME and MY family.  

My 73 year old father with an autoimmune disease (MG) has been very careful during this pandemic.  He never really liked people or social stuff that much before, so staying super local wasn't a big deal for him. 

He has been married to his second wife for 20 years.  She has 2 adult children, the oldest of which is 50 or so.  He's had a rough go on the last few years as his wife left him and his business (logistics, moving, storage) failed. He's moving to Las Vegas to live with his younger sister as opposed to being homeless.

Anyway, my father agreed to help transport his stuff from LA to LV. In the process, he'll be spending 2 days and nights in LV with the whole family, including 3 teenagers and an adult that is a bartender.

I am very concerned by this. He's very concerned but also very conflicted.  He said, "there's no way I can't not do this." He feels an obligation to help out his stepson and not refuse based on COVID.

I asked him to stay in a hotel and not at their house if he must stay overnight.  Also to cut down to 1 night.  And stay outside as much as possible, and inside never without mask.

I'm disappointed that his wife has put him in this position but i don't know how much of it was stated vs expected by wife vs internal expectations.  I know he's an adult and can make his own decisions, but if something happened to my father as the result of this visit, I don't know if I could forgive that part of the family for putting him in that situation.  Ugh

Doors and windows are open. Debating wearing masks for my son's and his wife's visit.

Just the 5 of us for a quick visit but his wife's sister has been staying with them and shes been working wawa this whole time while going to school.  

If Alien DNA is what real doctors use then we're all doomed.

I know he's trolling but in your giant reply you seem to left out the fact your precious doctor posted the videos and "facts" about sex with demons on her own website and channel.  The media didn't make it up.  

Merry Christmas

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again @gianmarco for having a civil discussion with me. I care DEEPLY about this country.  I volunteered my life for it.  I am a father and husband. I do not deserve to be ostracized because I am choosing what I believe is right for MY body.  If you want to get the vaccine, please do but PLEASE let me decide for myself what is best for ME and MY family.  
I've seen this spouted by friends and family and others and it makes me just shake my head.  There are 3 universal rights in our constitution.... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

People like you see that word liberty and latch onto it as the most important word in the whole document.  It's not.  Life is.  Life is absolute.  You either have it or don't.  Liberty is changeable.  If you lose liberties, you can fight to get them back.  You can't do that without life.  So I reject any notion that your liberty is more important than the lives of others. 

I threw the pie away. I am hoping I don't see the neighbor for a few weeks. I am not a fan of lying, and even though I think this is an appropriate time to lie, I don't like it. 

I will tell her the truth that my wife is lactose intolerant and couldn't have any. My lie will be I ate some and it was delicious. 

I know my neighbors somewhat. We help each other with home projects, watching each others homes, hang out for a beer around a fire every once in a while,say hi in the street etc....

I would not say any of us are super close.

So I hear a knock at the door and its my neighbors wife with a home made pie she made us for Christmas. She is unmasked and obviously pretty happy to be giving away pies. I did not know what to do. I did not want to open the second door to take the pie but I also didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. I ended up opening the second door and taking the pie at arms distance. I think I was sort of obvious that I did not want to be close to her without being to rude. In my mind I was kind of upset. WTF brings home made pies unmasked to their neighbors during a pandemic?

I feel like I have four days to not catch this before my vaccination and I was forced into risking my health for a pie.

I think she said it was a cream cheese pie and I am not sure what that is. I see its a graham cracker crust and a cherry topping. It weighs about 5 lbs!!!!

Do I serve it? Do I throw it out?

I have reservations about this pie which has been made worse by my recent viewing of Fargo.

* Several months ago her husband told me he thought all this was made up.
Can the pie be heated?  If so then after heating it should be fine.

jvdesigns2002 said:
I'm not exaggerating anything. You are spreading misleading information.  There is no cure for covid.  When somebody points out smething that you say is wrong--that doesn't mean they are exaggerating. I've lost several family members to Covid--maybe read through the first 20 pages of this thread and you'll see that I was one of a handful of people here that were completely  right about covid.  I don't need to be told by you or anybody else about my thoughts of a disease. It's called having an opinion.  So far in regards to Covid--my opinion has been more accurate than yours will ever be.  
The misinformation about Covid on this forum after 9 months of this is pretty disheartening.

I threw the pie away. I am hoping I don't see the neighbor for a few weeks. I am not a fan of lying, and even though I think this is an appropriate time to lie, I don't like it. 

I will tell her the truth that my wife is lactose intolerant and couldn't have any. My lie will be I ate some and it was delicious. 
You gotta learn how to lie without lying.

"Oh that pie! Let me tell you, I don't think it lasted a day! Seriously GOT to have that recipe please. I can't tell you how good it was. No seriously, I cannot remember the last time I had a pie like that."

What do any of these doctors have to gain by going against the mainstream narrative and putting their names and reputations on the line? 
Money.  And whatever else they crave from the attention.

The fact you highlight this as a strong argument in your stance speaks volumes.  The answer to it is simple.  The very question you lean on is actual evidence to the contrary of your position.

You gotta learn how to lie without lying.

"Oh that pie! Let me tell you, I don't think it lasted a day! Seriously GOT to have that recipe please. I can't tell you how good it was. No seriously, I cannot remember the last time I had a pie like that."
It was amazing, the creaminess was spot on and the density was offset beautifully by the lighter crust. 

@Terminalxylem in your opinion what is the outlook for mid to late summer ‘21 in this country if only say 50-60% of the pop takes the vaccine? Everything open as normal? Back to lockdowns? People with the vaccine doing what they want despite covid still being prevelant?

@Terminalxylem in your opinion what is the outlook for mid to late summer ‘21 in this country if only say 50-60% of the pop takes the vaccine? Everything open as normal? Back to lockdowns? People with the vaccine doing what they want despite covid still being prevelant?
I'm not sure we can even hit that number even if everyone wants it by that time. Hopefully we can at least come close.

It's not an all or nothing proposition. Things will be significantly better if we can get to that point. I think our outlook for late summer is decent but still not fully controlled.

I'm not sure we can even hit that number even if everyone wants it by that time. Hopefully we can at least come close.

It's not an all or nothing proposition. Things will be significantly better if we can get to that point. I think our outlook for late summer is decent but still not fully controlled.
Well yea but for the purposes of my little thought bubble about wanting to resume life, let’s say anybody can get it but only 50-60% will this year. 

My opinion is that the vaccinated will eventually get a card that will allow them to travel, vacation, go to sporting events etc. I feel rather strongly that my company will only allow us to travel for work again if we are vaccinated, and most of our customers will only allow us to visit onsite with vaccination proof.

If the vaccine works and half the country has it, the r0 will be quite low, though I doubt it will ever really go away.  But those low numbers will inevitably cause things to get back to some semblance of normality.

My opinion is that the vaccinated will eventually get a card that will allow them to travel, vacation, go to sporting events etc. I feel rather strongly that my company will only allow us to travel for work again if we are vaccinated, and most of our customers will only allow us to visit onsite with vaccination proof.

If the vaccine works and half the country has it, the r0 will be quite low, though I doubt it will ever really go away.  But those low numbers will inevitably cause things to get back to some semblance of normality.
Seems like a pretty good incentive to help get the anti-vaxxers on board.  On the other hand, we could barely get the country to stay at home and wear masks when in public without people flipping out about rights.  Can you imagine the outcry when we are essentially asking people to show their papers when they are out and about?  

I’m not saying my liberty is more important than life. Why put words in my mouth. You folks are just wrong. Life is important. Let me live mine and decide how to treat my body. How are y’all not getting this concept? You really expect everyone to blindly follow and obey those in power. F you. No. I will not be forced to poison my body. Move to Russia if you like being told how to live. 
Pro life or pro choice?

For or against capital punishment?

I know my neighbors somewhat. We help each other with home projects, watching each others homes, hang out for a beer around a fire every once in a while,say hi in the street etc....

I would not say any of us are super close.

So I hear a knock at the door and its my neighbors wife with a home made pie she made us for Christmas. She is unmasked and obviously pretty happy to be giving away pies. I did not know what to do. I did not want to open the second door to take the pie but I also didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. I ended up opening the second door and taking the pie at arms distance. I think I was sort of obvious that I did not want to be close to her without being to rude. In my mind I was kind of upset. WTF brings home made pies unmasked to their neighbors during a pandemic?

I feel like I have four days to not catch this before my vaccination and I was forced into risking my health for a pie.

I think she said it was a cream cheese pie and I am not sure what that is. I see its a graham cracker crust and a cherry topping. It weighs about 5 lbs!!!!

Do I serve it? Do I throw it out?

I have reservations about this pie which has been made worse by my recent viewing of Fargo.

* Several months ago her husband told me he thought all this was made up.
The covid molecule itself is not very resilient.   If you are able to heat that pie at  135- 140 degrees for 15 minutes without it getting completely destroyed/melted--that would make it safe to eat.  To put it relatively speaking-135 degrees is probably less than the "warm" setting on your oven. 

I’m not saying my liberty is more important than life. Why put words in my mouth. You folks are just wrong. Life is important. Let me live mine and decide how to treat my body. How are y’all not getting this concept? You really expect everyone to blindly follow and obey those in power. F you. No. I will not be forced to poison my body. Move to Russia if you like being told how to live. 
You're not being forced to do anything. Just like an employer isn't being forced to keep you employed so you can potentially infect your co-workers. 

I'm assuming you denied taking all those "poisonous" vaccines prior to joining the military, right?

This is already in the works.   International travel will require proof of vaccination.  Concerts, sporting events, etc.  will be limited to people who can prove they have been vaccinated or have a negative test in hand.

Anti-mask and anti-vaxx individuals will be limited in their job choices and activities, and rightly so since they choose to have no regard for the safety of others.  They’ll be free to do whatever they want, just not around other people. 

“The vaccine changes your DNA” I have heard people say this for a while so I thought I would add some clarity here. 
It doesn’t. It uses mRNA from the virus to stimulate a person’s immune system to produce antibodies to the virus.
Imagine cutting the virus into pieces and using those pieces to identify the virus and eliminate it.

Again, it does not alter your DNA.

I've seen this spouted by friends and family and others and it makes me just shake my head.  There are 3 universal rights in our constitution.... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

People like you see that word liberty and latch onto it as the most important word in the whole document.  It's not.  Life is.  Life is absolute.  You either have it or don't.  Liberty is changeable.  If you lose liberties, you can fight to get them back.  You can't do that without life.  So I reject any notion that your liberty is more important than the lives of others. 
He's fighting now to KEEP his liberties instead of fighting to get them back later.  You go take the vaccine if you want and he, along with millions of others will choose not to take the vaccine.  I'll respect your right to take the vaccine just as I'll expect you to respect my right not to take the vaccine until/if I choose.  If this vaccine is effective he's not putting anyone at risk who doesn't choose to be put at risk because those who take it are not going to catch Covid it anyways...right?

He's fighting now to KEEP his liberties instead of fighting to get them back later.  You go take the vaccine if you want and he, along with millions of others will choose not to take the vaccine.  I'll respect your right to take the vaccine just as I'll expect you to respect my right not to take the vaccine until/if I choose.  If this vaccine is effective he's not putting anyone at risk who doesn't choose to be put at risk because those who take it are not going to catch Covid it anyways...right?
Well, except for the kids who can’t take the vax. 

“The vaccine changes your DNA” I have heard people say this for a while so I thought I would add some clarity here. 
It doesn’t. It uses mRNA from the virus to stimulate a person’s immune system to produce antibodies to the vaccine. 
Imagine cutting the virus into pieces and using those pieces to identify the virus and eliminate it.

Again, it does not alter your DNA.
I'm sure a different excuse not to take it will be drummed up when an adenovirus-based option becomes available.

I do not respect the choice to purposely keep this virus circulating by refusing a vaccine, especially refusal based on the conspiracy theories spread by discredited sources.

even if I’m vaccinated, my kid still won’t be able to go to school because of people making foolish and uninformed decisions and claiming it has something to do with protecting liberty.  My friend’s business will still stay shuttered, and he’ll go bankrupt.  Other friends will still be unemployed, and as a result may lose their homes.

It’s selfish and uninformed and it doesn’t deserve any ounce of respect.  I’d like to get some normalcy back, and I’d like small businesses to stay in business.  I don’t respect the people that are making that impossible.

liberty has limits when you’re harming and even killing other people.  

Sure except for the small fact he had no problem imposing on his liberty for other vaccines.....

Hey guys how long until you got your senses back?

I got exposed exactly a week ago and lost my taste and smell on Tuesday. 

From what I hear this could potentially be permanent, which would be awful.

So far the loss of taste and smell have been the most significant symptoms. I’ve had some congestion, a little coughing and sneezing plus a slight sore throat. I’m in my late 20s and reasonably healthy. I don’t think this thing is gonna get any worse for me. But I realize people of all ages can die from it. 

I just really miss the taste of bacon, hash browns & eggs. 

Not sure.

We’re not even 20 million confirmed cases yet, and only ~1 million have received their first vaccine dose. If the new variant of SARS-CoV-2 becomes the dominant strain, the basic reproduction number (Ro) is probably somewhere around 4-6. The herd immunity threshold estimate is 1 - 1/Ro = or 75-83% for that Ro range. The US population is 330 million, so we’ve got a long way to go until we reach 240-260 million naturally infected + immunized. Even if you assume we’re only picking up a fraction of the total infections, say 1/5 with the most generous estimates, we’re not even halfway there. And tons of people will forego vaccination.

I think vaccination + rapid home testing will allow some semblance of normalcy, but even late summer 2021 seems optimistic.

So we were told 20 million would be vaccinated by the end of the month. Number vaccinated, 1 million. So we are running at 5% of planned. For us regular schmoes, looking like what, maybe 2022 before we have a shot at getting one?

Has there been an estimate of the max capabilities of distribution of the vaccine? Do they have the capacity and ability to eventually give a million vaccines a day? More? Less?

Most of the distribution capacity is at the State and local levels, with private entities involved as well (pharmacies, hospitals, sores, etc.) To fully mobilize for mass vaccination distribution it would take a combination of National Guard, full Medical Reserve Corps, and full local agency mobilization.

For the Health Department that would mean suspension of many services to favor the vaccination effort. No clinics or WIC appointments for months. No restaurants, hotels, migrant labor camps, etc. inspected or permitted for months. No water wells or septic systems permitted or inspected for months. 
For just the Health Department to fully mobilize would mean that much of the construction industry would grind to a halt for months, much of the service industry would be affected as well. 

I don’t think a full mobilization will happen. 

So we were told 20 million would be vaccinated by the end of the month. Number vaccinated, 1 million. So we are running at 5% of planned. For us regular schmoes, looking like what, maybe 2022 before we have a shot at getting one?
I’m willing (not that it matters) to give them time on this. The logistics must be impossible and it’s never been done so fine, take the time needed. That said, if I can’t get the vax by July I’ll be extremely disappointed. 

Millions of doses are sitting in warehouses because the federal government that pre-purchased them has no plan for distribution and is completely incompetent.  Hopefully the incoming administration makes this a priority and actually treats this pandemic as something real that needs to be handled.  I expect that vaccinations will pick up in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread