What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN's Don Lemon Criticized for On Air Behavior Mocking Trump Supporters (1 Viewer)

knowledge dropper said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
- Probably worth noting at this point that Lemon and Wilson were mocking Trump for likely not being able to find Ukraine on a map. ..."
Cut him some slack.  It’s hard to keep track of all 57 states.  
ba dum tss

LOL.

Trump literally tweeted the clip and said Lemon was dumb and has terrible ratings.

"How dare he laugh at a joke where someone was getting mocked.  What disrespect.  Now please excuse me while I go back to worshipping the guy who himself disrespects and mocks people constantly with petty name calling, even right now as I'm typing this".

Anyone who is the least bit upset about this is beyond a lost cause anyway.  Just another of the millions that love to see their champion openly mock people but then curl up and play the sad little victim any time even 1/10th of that kind of ridicule is directed in any way at something that might involve them.
Yeah, a pathetic president represented by like minded people. 

I am sure this has probably been posted elsewhere already, but heard about this clip of Don Lemon and I wondered how badly he would be destroyed today if he made the same comments. 

Yeah, I suspect Lemon would mostly stand by what he said then.
Maybe, but it's pretty close message to what Terry crews espouses now. And lemon took umbrage with crews for it. But lemon is an entertainer in an entertainment industry that's driven by hot takes, divisiveness, and cares little about genuine and honest conversation. This isn't unique to lemon either, btw. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I suspect Lemon would mostly stand by what he said then.
He would not deny the facts, but he would backtrack bigtime with how he framed it.   Today's narrative is to disavow minorities from any responsibility.  The story today is to ignore any problems from within the community and instead focus exclusively all the external issues and blame others.   The external issues will never be perfect.  It is a philosoohy that is doomed for eternal failure. 

Everything is the white man's fault.  $500 million in property damage.  It is the white guy who threw a brick through a window (ignore all the other vandelism already occuring).   Crappy schools which are plagued with violence.  White guys fault for not providing more funding.  Rampant violence in their comminities and leads to incarceration of many blacks.  White guy fault for police brutality and criminalizing things.  

Until people take ownership of their actions, things will never improve.   It has nothing to do with slavery 150 years ago or Jim Crow laws 50 years ago.  

More whining and borderline racist posts from jon. 

It is truly sad that a person could believe the things you post about white people and systematic racism, but as usual play the victim. 
OK OK OK....While I can see why you feel how you feel, I get that, saying HE is playing the victim is pretty absurd.  Seems to me the "victims" lately have been people of color..Over and over and over again.  Jon is right in one sense,  don't see a lot of discussions about what can be done internally, but I see an endless supply of ideas of what *I* can do to make the lives of people of color better-----and I refuse to accept that *I* am the only reason people of color have it bad here in the good ol USA

He would not deny the facts, but he would backtrack bigtime with how he framed it.   Today's narrative is to disavow minorities from any responsibility.  The story today is to ignore any problems from within the community and instead focus exclusively all the external issues and blame others.   The external issues will never be perfect.  It is a philosoohy that is doomed for eternal failure. 

Everything is the white man's fault.  $500 million in property damage.  It is the white guy who threw a brick through a window (ignore all the other vandelism already occuring).   Crappy schools which are plagued with violence.  White guys fault for not providing more funding.  Rampant violence in their comminities and leads to incarceration of many blacks.  White guy fault for police brutality and criminalizing things.  

Until people take ownership of their actions, things will never improve.   It has nothing to do with slavery 150 years ago or Jim Crow laws 50 years ago.  

Poor white guy. Can't catch a break. 
And you wonder why jon feels the way he does. Ridiculous thing to say,  but not surprising.

The story today is to ignore any problems from within the community and instead focus exclusively all the external issues and blame others.   
There are several points I want to make but I most want to address this part, at least for now.  

I understand what could make you mistakenly believe this but it's not true.  A notably recent example is Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms comments after the shooting of the 8-year old girl by that Wendy's.  She said, "You can't blame this on a police officer; you can't say this is about criminal justice reform. This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an 8-year-old baby.  We are doing each other more harm than any police officer on this force."    

My guess is you agree with her point as do I.  I'm not aware of criticism of what she said (and I didn't look for it) although I'm sure there were some people on the Internet who tried to make some "yeah, but..." arguments blaming other factors.  But I think we're often better focusing on people's points at face value without doing the "yeah, but..." thing.

And speaking of "yeah, buts" I think that's where you are getting off track.  The recent killings of George Floyd and others brought the issue of police behavior and criminal justice to the forefront.  This is the primary focus of Black Lives Matter.  When someone tries to counter that argument with "yeah but black on black crime is a horrible problem" there can be backlash against that argument.  It's not because people are ignoring the problem.  It's because it can seem like an attempt to shift the focus away from the police/criminal justice reforms they are trying to achieve. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some folks are painting just too broad of strokes when it comes to blaming systemic racism or individual irresponsibility.  Problem is, figuring out how to get to the root of that cause some where in the middle.

But in the mean time lets try not to be ##### to each other while discussing it.

There are several points I want to make but I most want to address this part, at least for now.  

I understand what could make you mistakenly believe this but it's not true.  A notably recent example is Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms comments after the shooting of the 8-year old girl by that Wendy's.  She said, "You can't blame this on a police officer; you can't say this is about criminal justice reform. This is about some people carrying some weapons who shot up a car with an 8-year-old baby.  We are doing each other more harm than any police officer on this force."    

My guess is you agree with her point as do I.  I'm not aware of criticism of what she said (and I didn't look for it) although I'm sure there were some people on the Internet who tried to make some "yeah, but..." arguments blaming other factors.  But I think we're often better focusing on people's points at face value without doing the "yeah, but..." thing.

And speaking of "yeah, buts" I think that's where you are getting off track.  The recent killings of George Floyd and others brought the issue of police behavior and criminal justice to the forefront.  This is the primary focus of Black Lives Matter.  When someone tries to counter that argument with "yeah but black and black crime is a horrible problem" there can be backlash against that argument.  It's not because people are ignoring the problem.  It's because it can seem like an attempt to shift the focus away from the police/criminal justice reforms they are trying to achieve. 
Very well said

Users who are viewing this thread