Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Republicans are going to paint every Democrat candidate as a wild out of control socialist. Pete, Amy, Warren, doesn't matter.  They ran with that against Obama for 8 years and he started every ne

On your first question, I'm not sure, though there's a distinction between democratic socialism and socialism socialism, as I know you know. I'm not sure the younger generation cares so much abou

Fast  forward to a little over 6 months from now and a bunch of you are going to be scratching your heads as Trump gets another 4 years in office, wondering how Biden lost. Then you'll somehow blame t

Just now, cap'n grunge said:

I'm far from young, but a plurality is not a majority. I was a Sanders supporter in 2016. Love the guy's heart and genuine demeanor. Alot of his policies are too liberal for me though. He was my guy though over Hillary who I couldn't stand. Still, come November I held my nose and voted for her. The alternative was no alternative. In 2020 after seeing what he's capable of, that message should be even more clear. He must go no matter what.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

Warren is done as well.  When does she bow out?  This gives Sanders many more votes in upcoming primaries when she does.  

Maybe. I know an awful lot of Warren voters who don’t like Bernie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

When is the big day for bloomberg?  I expect him to not quite make it.  But then he will basically push pete or klobacher to victory.

He takes votes away from Pete and Klobuchar so that's not really good for them.

I don't like this but I think Sanders is in the driver's seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Democrats would greatly increase their chances of beating Trump if they brought up that he cheated with a pornstar while his wife was giving birth.

It should me mentioned in every interview.  A top 3 talking point.

It is a layup.  Puts Trump on his heels.  How does he even respond?  “Well she wasnt giving birth you liar.  She was home with my son.”

The more they talk about Trump, the greater chance that he will win.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Well, sure, that’ll play well in Kansas. 

Buddy, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. 

🐶

 

On topic: As a Pete guy, congrats to Bernie. I will definitely show up to vote for him (or any D) in the general...even if Pete lost a brokered convention while holding the most delegates. 

#unity 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

The more they talk about Trump, the greater chance that he will win.

No.  All they do is talk about Trump.  Might as well talk about him cheating on his pregnant wife.

Hillary got cheated on and the Republicans made her the bad guy.

This is not hard once you realize the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a Sander/Trump race represent the two candidates with the most questionable health facing off ever?  What are the actuarials on either completing the term?  Does that make V.P. choices unusually important or do they pick V.P.'s based on electoral college demographics/balancing their ticket? 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Buddy, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore. 

🐶

 

On topic: As a Pete guy, congrats to Bernie. I will definitely show up to vote for him (or any D) in the general...even if Pete lost a brokered convention while holding the most delegates. 

#unity 

Cool. Have fun convincing the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

It will throw him off.  You need to get him on the defensive.

The thing I hear from grudging Bloomberg supporters is that they know he will take it right at Trump, about anything and everything. 

That might be the only thing they like about Bloomberg, but it is the main thing. 

Edited by Encyclopedia Brown
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daywalker said:

No.  All they do is talk about Trump.  Might as well talk about him cheating on his pregnant wife.

Hillary got cheated on and the Republicans made her the bad guy.

This is not hard once you realize the game.

you're playing the wrong game.  A game you've already lost before.   GL with that failed strategy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hagmania said:

Cool. Have fun convincing the rest.

Thnx. 

If I understand Pete's guiding philosophy correctly, I believe he will encourage his supporters to stick with the principles that attracted us to him in the 1st place - which is coming together for the greater good. 

I honestly believe that we are not a cult of his personality or polices and would step up. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

you're playing the wrong game.  A game you've already lost before.   GL with that failed strategy.

So how does Trump answer these questions during a debate?  Look up his Letterman interview where Dave made him look like a worm and Trump just shrunk.  U need to get in the mud with Trump.  All his weaknesses.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

This Klobuchar rise scares me.  The middle is getting too split and once Bloomberg is in the mix, slice some more from it.

Good for Bernie but I'm not a believer that Bernie can beat Trump.

Polling both in 2016 and for 2020 disagree with you pretty heavily. I think Bernie beat Trump in head to head polling by 9 points in 2016 (Clinton did by about 4), and he beats Trump by about 7 points in polling for the 2020 cycle (which, I believe, is higher than anyone except Bloomberg, who beats Trump by 8).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jefferson the Caregiver said:

This Klobuchar rise scares me.  The middle is getting too split and once Bloomberg is in the mix, slice some more from it.

Good for Bernie but I'm not a believer that Bernie can beat Trump.

Would love if Bloomie reconsiders now that its not just Bernie, Warren and Stumbling Bumbling Joe at the top.    There's two moderates already there that have a viable shot of beating Trump.   He of course thinks he's even better then these two but it does have to cross his mind that he might win the battle between the moderates but cost the dems the war.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Would love if Bloomie reconsiders now that its not just Bernie, Warren and Stumbling Bumbling Joe at the top.    There's two moderates already there that have a viable shot of beating Trump.   He of course thinks he's even better then these two but it does have to cross his mind that he might win the battle between the moderates but cost the dems the war.   

Agreed and I like Bloomberg.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

So how does Trump answer these questions during a debate?  Look up his Letterman interview where Dave made him look like a worm and Trump just shrunk.  U need to get in the mud with Trump.  All his weaknesses.

He'd deny them and make some #### up, that would energize his base. 

 I could see Bloomberg doing well in a debate if he attacked him on issues and the strengths he has from running NYC.  You aren't getting more DEM votes by raising up this type of dirt. It WILL get his base more energized because they rally around him when he's attacked.

You're going to get more votes by appealing to all those that voted for Trump that also voted for Obama.   Doubt your strategy does that.  Whining about his personal life does nothing for a voter.  Doesn't create more jobs, lower healthcare, etc...  Focus on the wrong things and you'll lose again. One of the main reasons Trump won was because he talked about jobs, jobs, jobs.  Something that Bloomberg is hitting hard on in his ads.

Edited by Getzlaf15
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

So how does Trump answer these questions during a debate?  Look up his Letterman interview where Dave made him look like a worm and Trump just shrunk.  U need to get in the mud with Trump.  All his weaknesses.

Didn't work well for Little Marco.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

He'd deny them and make some #### up, that would energize his base. 

 I could see Bloomberg doing well in a debate if he attacked him on issues and the strengths he has from running NYC.  You aren't getting more DEM votes by raising up this type of dirt. It WILL get his base more energized because they rally around him when he's attacked.

You're going to get more votes by appealing to all those that voted for Trump that also voted for Obama.   Doubt your strategy does that.  Whining about his personal life does nothing for a voter.  Doesn't create more jobs, lower healthcare, etc...  Focus on the wrong things and you'll lose again. One of the main reasons Trump won was because he talked about jobs, jobs, jobs.  Something that Bloomberg is hitting hard on in his ads.

No.  Trump not allowed to run a charity in New York.  Explain that and your Trump University settlement.

Trump explains stuff on twitter.  Ask him on the debate stage.  He will fold.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

No.  Trump not allowed to run a charity in New York.  Explain that and your Trump University settlement.

Trump explains stuff on twitter.  Ask him on the debate stage.  He will fold.  

I really think out of the group that’s left Klobuchar is best suited for this work.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I really think out of the group that’s left Klobuchar is best suited for this work.

People will say it is meaningless.  Then Trump will say “Sleepy” Joe or mimic a handicap person and win.

Doesnt anyone realize the material they have?  This guy is truly an awful person.  And its all in black and white and on tape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daywalker said:

People will say it is meaningless.  Then Trump will say “Sleepy” Joe or mimic a handicap person and win.

Doesnt anyone realize the material they have?  This guy is truly an awful person.  And its all in black and white and on tape.

and so what.  None of it translates into more votes. :wall: Those people are already voting against him.   Dems have to find more votes for their candidate than last time by about 5%.

Agree with Saints that Amy is by far the best to matchup against Trump in a debate.  She has the demeanor to handle him, which everyone will respect. And if Trump attacks her or worse, belittles her in any way, that will piss off a lot of women that voted for Trump last time.   Amy is rising quickly because she talks 95% about her accomplishments and what she can do for people and 5% about Trump.  THE MESSAGE IS ABOUT HER AND IT'S WORKING.

And please watch YOUR words.  I didn't vote for Trump last time nor will I this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

If they dont come out they deserve it.  Like 2016.

Nobody owed Clinton their votes.  Says a lot about how little they think of voters that they can just be jerked around and fall inline behind Clinton because Trump sucks.  Rather have a bunch of nonvoters than people who 'held their nose' to vote for a bad candidate. 

A surprisingly large voting bloc of Trump's was people who disapproved of him.  Need to evolve past bigbrain 'lesser of 2 evil' logic.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

and so what.  None of it translates into more votes. :wall: Those people are already voting against him.   Dems have to find more votes for their candidate than last time by about 5%.

Agree with Saints that Amy is by far the best to matchup against Trump in a debate.  She has the demeanor to handle him, which everyone will respect. And if Trump attacks her or worse, belittles her in any way, that will piss off a lot of women that voted for Trump last time.   Amy is rising quickly because she talks 95% about her accomplishments and what she can do for people and 5% about Trump.  THE MESSAGE IS ABOUT HER AND IT'S WORKING.

And please watch YOUR words.  I didn't vote for Trump last time nor will I this time.

White suburban woman.  You think cheating on a preggo woman doesnt matter?

If you blast it.  It matters.  Like emails that went nowhere.

So are you saying emails that go nowhere are more impactful than cheating on your wife and newborn son with a pornstar.

Yes, its crazy.  Thats the whole point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Nobody owed Clinton their votes.  Says a lot about how little they think of voters that they can just be jerked around and fall inline behind Clinton because Trump sucks.  Rather have a bunch of nonvoters than people who 'held their nose' to vote for a bad candidate. 

A surprisingly large voting bloc of Trump's was people who disapproved of him.  Need to evolve past bigbrain 'lesser of 2 evil' logic.  

They owed the democratic party their vote.  They didnt come out.  If they dont come out this time?  Oh well.

Most people voted against Trump.  Millions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Numbers from tonight that surprised me:

Warren at 9.3%.  Three days ago she polled at 17% in a CBS poll
Biden at 8.4%.   Just a massive free fall.  Adios
Tulsi at 3.3% and Yang at 2.8%.   Amazed that Yang did this bad.  Did he not have a ground game in NH?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Maybe. I know an awful lot of Warren voters who don’t like Bernie. 

Is Betty having the last laugh with the "A woman can't win" controversy?
She sure sounded like she was closer to supporting Amy than Bernie in her post election comments
WIll her voters follow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daywalker said:

No.  Trump not allowed to run a charity in New York.  Explain that and your Trump University settlement.

Trump explains stuff on twitter.  Ask him on the debate stage.  He will fold.  

IIRC he was allowed to run a charity at/after sentencing

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

They know a lot more about it than me but I don't see how all 3 of the leading centrist candidates (if you like Bloomberg over Biden) get a bump but Sanders doesn't.  Maybe the expectation was Sanders would win big or maybe the assumption is there's no way Bernie wins a contested convention.  Either way, to me, winning the first 3 states - which seems likely - will snowball his support.

Bernie people are Bernie people. When supporters migrate from elsewhere, whether it's due to white flagging (Yang) or face planting (Biden) they are looking for something they are not familiar with. They opted against that known option before. Either a new one gets their attention or nothing at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daywalker said:

You cant let Trump mock you and not put his baggage front and center.

Trolls want you to come down to their level. That's where they pummel you into submission with experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...