Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*****Official Trump 2020 State Of The Union Thread*****

squistion

Getting off the handshake/paper-tearing issue for a moment, I implore any of you championing the criminal justice reform talk to please articulate and explain exactly what reform Trump has made...

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

When asked why she ripped up the speech, Pelosi replied, "Because it was the courteous thing to do considering the alternatives," according to a video posted by Fox News producer Jason Donner.

What? This is completely bonkers. What the does this even mean?

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

In retrospect I really don’t like what Pelosi did. I understand it but I don’t like it. I find @Zow‘s post compelling. 

Donald Trump has done so much damage to the country. I don’t want the Democrats to become like him. Let the Republicans be the crude and rude ones. That’s what they’ve become now. 

You certainly have.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zow said:

Getting off the handshake/paper-tearing issue for a moment, I implore any of you championing the criminal justice reform talk to please articulate and explain exactly what reform Trump has made...

Didn't you listen to the speech?! He's done so, so much.

11 minutes ago, Zow said:

:wall:

This is a major hot button for me. I can't stand Trump not shaking Pelosi's hand. I can't stand Pelosi's tearing up of the speech. This is ####### childish behavior. Gone apparently are the days of McCain correcting an ignorant supporter for thinking Obama isn't a good American. Gone are the days of Kerry befriending McCain. 

At the end of a brutally fought UFC bout the fighters can shake hands. 

We teach our children from tee-ball on to line up and congratulate each other after a game. 

Most atheists still respect others when they are praying and offer up silence. 

I work a job where myself and another person can be positioned to advocate directly against one another for days to weeks at a time. We put in dozens to hundreds of hours into trying to convince a finder of fact that one of us is right and the other is wrong. Significant stakes are almost at play. But, when it's over, regardless of the winner, we can shake each other's gosh darn hand and show some professional courtesy. 

It's embarassing that the president of the most powerful country in the world, and the speaker of the largest legislative body, cannot do the same as 5 year olds on a tee-ball field or what two lawyers who attended lower-tiered law schools can do in some podunk rural court. 

It is embarrassing and disgraceful that the Democrats and their Lawfare Mafia attempted to 1. Frame a president for Russia Collusion and 2. Frame a president for the actions of the former VP and then impeach.

The American people and history will not look kindly on that.

Trump has every right now to end their careers, and for some of them their freedom (Brennan, Comey, Schiff, etc)

• Like 1

Just now, Bozeman Bruiser said:

It is embarrassing and disgraceful that the Democrats and their Lawfare Mafia attempted to 1. Frame a president for Russia Collusion and 2. Frame a president for the actions of the former VP and then impeach.

Trump has every right now to end their careers, and for some of them their freedom (Brennan, Comey, Schiff, etc)

Both one and two didn't actually happen.  No seriously...framed him?  No democrat tried to frame him.

Framed for the actions of a former VP?

What are...i mean seriously what in the same hell are you talking about?

End their freedom?  For what?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Impeached...no effect.

Tearing up paper...costing dems votes. (Not even someone running for the presidency)

We are in the upside down.

That's cause most people recognize the impeachment for what it was. A political ploy in order to hurt President Trump in the 2020 election

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

Wow. You come here from the far right fftoday board, write things that are bannable here not there and when you do get banned, call this place ffgheys or something to that effect.

Was that a bannable offense?  I suppose so, yes. But so are the comments about the guy who just got cancer, and talking about reporter's cans. And those are old rules. Not even talking about the new rules like making posts about other posters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

This post seems more appropriate for the Qanon thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingPrawn said:

That's cause most people recognize the impeachment for what it was. A political ploy in order to hurt President Trump in the 2020 election

Based on the polling, “most” don’t recognize the impeachment as that.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Both one and two didn't actually happen.  No seriously...framed him?  No democrat tried to frame him.

Your statements are untrue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KingPrawn said:

Or an act of oversight of the executive branch.  The point was more that we have a thread for what effect it may have.  I agree that can be debated.

And then...with that, and all the things Trump has dime and said...what will change votes (even millions according to one person) was Nancy tearing up pieces of paper.

Thats laughable.

22 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

A totally anecdotal straw poll of my facebook feed... lots of people seething at this Pelosi thing

I don't think its a huge deal myself but it seems to have fired up some faction

The program she held in her hand honored dead American men, women, and children. 

Ripping it up makes her look insane.

My guess is she is more upset with her party than Trump. The radical fringe of the party forced impeachment which was destined to fail from the jump.

Now she has to live with that.

Impeachment was the final nail in the Dems 2020 coffin.

Americans are doing great and the Dems keep trying to overthrow a president for the actions of their own party.

#TimesUp

• Like 1

Just now, timschochet said:

Anyhow, the Democrats have 9 months to figure this out. If they don’t we’ll survive but it won’t be pleasant. 

The saddest part to me is that the people who will suffer the most from 4 more years of Trump are the ones who support him the strongest. 

You are so caring.  Gosh you are swell.

• Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So basically, what you are trying to say, if I understand you correctly - faslehood?

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

The program she held in her hand honored dead American men, women, and children. 

My guess is she is more upset with her party than Trump. The radical fringe of the party forced impeachment which was destined to fail from the jump.

Americans are doing great and the Dems keep trying to overthrow a president for the actions of their own party.

#TimesUp

I saw that tweet from the white house, that's a particularly strong play on their part

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Do you think he will arrest the Congress?  Sounds exciting 

Bern may have to go straight to get a new ticker right after. He's putting his health on the line for a progressive American future. It's going to be awesome.

Edited by hagmania

24 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

lol, come on now Sand, no it wasn't. There was zero substance to it at all, just a prop of a single person who he pardoned. What exactly has he done in regard to criminal justice reform? You certainly didn't learn that from the commercial.

Politics is perception.  Anecdotes create perception.

The First Step Act was a bipartisan bill and DJT was smart  to sign it into law.  He has talked a good but about reforms there - this isn't a new thing.  Being so bipartisan makes it one of a very few bills like that lately and it looks to be a very good piece if legislation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Do you believe Trump was framed for anything?

Well the Steele dossier seemed to be poorly sourced hokum that got this whole ball rolling.  Framed? I don't know, but stuff like that is something none of us should support.  

Trump is an oaf and a brute and I'm sure there's something checkered to his conduct, but find it, don't just make up this nonsense. 

This will all be over in a year or five, Im not interested in precedent setting disruption of our institutions when I believe strongly in the axiom, people get the government they deserve.

• Like 2

Anyhow if Trump wins it will be in part because Democrats are so pessimistic. And there’s no need to be. This guy is a clown and a fraud and he can be beaten easily. And I think he will be if the Democrats stick to their message and avoid nominating somebody too far to the left. Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar or Bloomberg- any one of them should crush Trump. Just don’t blow it. 

• Laughing 1

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I don't think the "snubbed" handshake was calculated or by design at all.  It looked like he wasn't expecting any hand shakes.  No shake for Pence either (although Pence didn't offer).  Trump handed off the folders and turned away.  I really do not think it was an intentional snub from watching the replay  :shrug:

I would agree with this. Trump was in the act of turning away when the hand was extended.

CNN and the rest of the media love their controversy, however, and of course the intentional snub / divisiveness angle will get much better airplay. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

#TimesUp

Bold :goodposting:.  Even the white coats stood and clapped for certain portions. Even the fact checkers wont be able to explain away everything. Shes on the cuckoo train. 

14 minutes ago, Bozeman Bruiser said:

I assume this is satire?

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Anyhow if Trump wins it will be in part because Democrats are so pessimistic. And there’s no need to be. This guy is a clown and a fraud and he can be beaten easily. And I think he will be if the Democrats stick to their message and avoid nominating somebody too far to the left. Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar or Bloomberg- any one of them should crush Trump. Just don’t blow it. 

They need a unified message to combat Trump's economy. Right now they are all over the map. GOP is in complete solidarity.

• Like 1