Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*****Official Trump 2020 State Of The Union Thread*****

squistion

3 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

It will be used against them.

Not clapping for the lowest black unemployment ever? 

Idiotic...

I agree.  Many things did not come off looking good last night.  I mean you don`t have to stand but at least clap a little that unemployment is low.

12 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

She was voted in the fix the damn roads yet she hasn’t done #### yet. Oooffff  :lmao: She can’t even stand on her own accomplishments.

Still Cant believe michigan voted this airhead in.

Whitmer will be a one termer.  Approval rating has been dropping steadily in the state. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I agree.  Many things did not come off looking good last night.  I mean you don`t have to stand but at least clap a little that unemployment is low.

Did Republicans clap when Obama said positive things in the SOTU?

I don't remember it that way, but I could be wrong.

It's all so silly. Half stand and half sit. We get it, you're on opposite sides.

So freakin silly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Yea I dont care that she tore it up.   It just shows the hate on the democrat side of isle

Right.  I think it's reasonable to say they hate trump.  They're trying to get him removed from office and would have him face criminal charges because they think he's not only bad for the country but has repeatedly committed crimes since before he became president. If hate is too strong a word, maybe revile.

Not a fan of the senators that are protecting him, either.  Especially the ones who are like yeah i get it it's probably bad to withold hundreds of millions in aid in exchange for personal favors but I can't see removing him from office where he can do it again.  Or the ones who wanted the whistleblower outed. Or the one who actually did it, committing a crime under the protection of his role as a Senator.

Not a fan of the ones who voted against witnesses, but now are acknowledging that they know he did something wrong.  Because if they had any ethical integrity whatsoever, that's exactly why they should have wanted to hear from witnesses. 

I have a lot of respect for people on the other side of the aisle who admit that they backed a criminal and think he should be removed.  I find it difficult to side with people who think that he shouldn't, and would vote for him again for ideological reasons.  I find it nearly impossible to take people seriously who think he's a good or great president. If that makes me a hater, too, then I side with the haters all day. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Right.  I think it's reasonable to say they hate trump.  They're trying to get him removed from office and would have him face criminal charges because they think he's not only bad for the country but has repeatedly committed crimes since before he became president. If hate is too strong a word, maybe revile.

Not a fan of the senators that are protecting him, either.  Especially the ones who are like yeah i get it it's probably bad to withold hundreds of millions in aid in exchange for personal favors but I can't see removing him from office where he can do it again.  Or the ones who wanted the whistleblower outed. Or the one who actually did it, committing a crime under the protection of his role as a Senator.

Not a fan of the ones who voted against witnesses, but now are acknowledging that they know he did something wrong.  Because if they had any ethical integrity whatsoever, that's exactly why they should have wanted to hear from witnesses. 

I have a lot of respect for people on the other side of the aisle who admit that they backed a criminal and think he should be removed.  I find it difficult to side with people who think that he shouldn't, and would vote for him again for ideological reasons.  I find it nearly impossible to take people seriously who think he's a good or great president. If that makes me a hater, too, then I side with the haters all day. 

I have a lot of respect  for people who admit how they really feel. You feel hate.  Here is a great sign "Hate trumps trump."

51 minutes ago, Skoo said:

It's all so silly. Half stand and half sit. We get it, you're on opposite sides.

So freakin silly.

I agree.  That is why the SOTU address should be held in the oval office without anyone there.  We don`t need to see Pence clapping, Nancy`s face twitching, or people on the left and right sitting or standing.    Just speak and be done with it.  Too many sidebars now.  all I am hearing on the radio today is ripping on Pelosi instead of talking about things that matter.

4 hours ago, greenroom said:

Love or hate it... Nancy Pelosi got what she wanted.. and that is the attention away from President Trumps speech.  

So despite that many say  President Trump speech was one of his best, the talking point is not the speech, but the tearing up of the speech.  Which will be forgotten when the next big news story breaks.  

Looks like the Dems may be playing on the same field as the GOP.. which means we all lose.. 

Look at the this board.. its all about Pelosi and not Trump.  Thats a win for the Dems   

Yup.  She has stolen Trump's big free campaign advertisement.  She is always a mile ahead of Trump. 

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

41 minutes ago, jm192 said:

You say flooding sarcastically, but it will improve his % of Black voters.  And that will matter. 

Remember your "lol" come November.

I disagree.

I don't think a single vote will change because the Democrats didn't stand and clap for low black unemployment.

Not one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I know you're joking, but there's something about Trump that literally -- not figuratively -- drives people insane.  You see it in this forum and other corners of social media all the time.  You saw it last night with Pelosi.  Trump has a unique ability to get under people's skin to the point that they finally crack and hop down to his level.    

I think it's the idea of good things happening to a bad person.  He's unquestionable a bad guy and I think people can't reconcile that and then people supporting him.  And by bad, I'm not saying he's evil or anything like that - he's just a jerk, a loudmouth, a phony, a liar and on and on.  Those type of people typically aren't supposed to be elected President of anything, much less the U.S.  Hard to reconcile how we did that.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jm192 said:

Everyone that follows it considers Rush a trailblazer in conservative journalism.

I would have never lobbied or argued for him to get this award.  But the guys dying from cancer.  Why can’t you just smile and move on?  

Instead, giving a dying guy a medal is divisive.  Let’s talk about how Rush is part of the problem.  

The fact that people need to call a dying guy part of the problem on his way out is, in fact, part of the problem.

Which is why everyone was on board when Trump said so many nice things and awarded the Medal of Freedom to John McCain when he was much closer to death than Rush. Oh, wait...... 

Edited by apalmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, apalmer said:

Which is why everyone was on board when Trump said so many nice things and awarded the Medal of Freedom to John McCain when he was much closer to death than Rush. Oh, wait...... 

McCain died in August.  There's no guarantee that Rush makes it 6 more months.  

If your point is that Trump should have given McCain the award, sure.  I'm with it.  I loved McCain.  I voted for him for President.  If he were alive today, I'd vote for him again.  

• Love 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, Skoo said:

So freakin silly.

Yea but Republicans are far better at weaponizing this stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

I thought the SOTU speech was pretty good, possibly Trump’s best speech. I wasn’t paying 100% attention, but I don’t think he insulted anyone or gloated about the impeachment. He stuck to the issues and stayed on script. Sure, there were a bunch of lies and half-truths, but I’d imagine this is usually the case. I found his military worship and usage of servicemen as props to be loathsome in the context of him being a draft dodger. He needed to shorten the speech by about 20 minutes because he was losing energy fast. Not sure if medications were wearing off, but he was talking uncomfortably slow at the end. The low point was giving Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom.

The optics for the Dems weren’t great either. For people who don’t follow this stuff as much as some of us, they don’t know what is/isn’t a lie. Save the fact checking for the response

• Like 1