Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*****Official Trump 2020 State Of The Union Thread*****

squistion

2 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

Chris Matthews being fairly level headed here... he says the average person will like that speech

The average person does not give a #### and wasn’t listening - they never do.  Hell, I’d be willing to bet the average person doesn’t know the SOTU was on tonight and I’d consider betting that the average person doesn’t even know WTF the SOTU is.  Many of us just don’t care.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Look, I’m not in love with what Pelosi did. But I get it. That speech, IMO, was disgusting, filled with a bunch of lies as usual, and it was made by a cheater. He is hurting this nation and Pelosi, who is a patriot, is upset about it. 

Pelosi is dripping with hatred, and isn’t even hiding it anymore obviously. Between handing out “impeachment pens” and the speech ripping, she is hurting the Democrats badly I promise you this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

The average person does not give a #### and wasn’t listening - they never do.  Hell, I’d be willing to bet the average person doesn’t know the SOTU was on tonight and I’d consider betting that the average person doesn’t even know WTF the SOTU is.  Many of us just don’t care.

The avg person is watching  to see wtf happened last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

I believe its on all the major networks and more people watch cable news than ever.  What is average I don't know, I think the average VOTER watches.  

• Like 1

I’m an independent and undecided. The one thing I can’t stand is disrespect and rudeness. Somehow I have ignored all of President Trump’s outrageous actions and statements over the last few years. I know he was just joking around every time he said something bigoted or racist or called a woman a dog. He didn’t mean it. 

But when Nancy Pelosi ripped that paper up that was it for me! How dare she be so disrespectful? Now I’m voting for Trump all the way! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Not after what she has done to him.  I would have been disappointed if he had shaken her hand.

Okay.

So assume you’re now a democrat believing Trump committed high crimes. Pelosi’s ripping up the speech still classless to you? If so, given that a handshake snub isn’t classless, why is rating up the speech now classless?

56 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

“I have also made an ironclad pledge to American family: We will always protect patients with preexisting conditions.”

That protection is currently in limbo. The Trump administration has actually joined a lawsuit by Republican-governed states to scrap the Affordable Care Act, which includes protections for pre-existing conditions. The fate of that law

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/21/supreme-court-wont-review-obamacare-lawsuit-before-the-election-101356

won’t be decided until after the 2020 elections.

Sarah Owermohle

Health care reporter

”And we will always protect your Medicare and we will always protect your Social Security. Always. :(Cheers and applause)

The American patient should never be blindsided by medical bills.”

Can he not dismantle Obamacare and put in a new healthcare system that does cover pre-existing conditions?? I mean just because they are trying to dismantle it doesn't mean they won't put a new one in place. In fact he kinda can't back down now after making the statement tonight. Ok I know he can, but still

Edited by Mr.Pack

Just now, AAABatteries said:

Yep.

Democrats - awful

Republicans- 4 more years

Independents- white noise

Just now, Smack Tripper said:

I believe its on all the major networks and more people watch cable news than ever.  What is average I don't know, I think the average VOTER watches.  

I don’t believe that either - I didn’t watch.  Several other folks in here said they didn’t watch.  I’m telling you man - most people just don’t care and the ones who do are spending all their time yelling at each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I’m an independent and undecided. The one thing I can’t stand is disrespect and rudeness. Somehow I have ignored all of President Trump’s outrageous actions and statements over the last few years. I know he was just joking around every time he said something bigoted or racist or called a woman a dog. He didn’t mean it. 

But when Nancy Pelosi ripped that paper up that was it for me! How dare she be so disrespectful? Now I’m voting for Trump all the way! 

The faux outrage, always so thick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I like this side of u.   Grrr.  A little steal in your spine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Elliott said:

Water seeking its own level.

And that’s a fair and understandable statement. 

What isn’t is being cool with the snubbed handshake but finding the speech tear appalling. 

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The problem is he disgraced the office. Donald Trump has dishonored our country with his high crimes. She’s embarrassed to be in the room with him, rightfully so. 

The House had a bipartisan  vote not to impeach. Lets see if its bypartisan to acquit. 

Just now, Zow said:

And that’s a fair and understandable statement. 

What isn’t is being cool with the snubbed handshake but finding the speech tear appalling. 

Wearing your “impeachment pen” to the SOTU is the definition of not cool. Why would he shake her hand? 

1 minute ago, Widbil83 said:

Wearing your “impeachment pen” to the SOTU is the definition of not cool. Why would he shake her hand? 

Because it’s the professional thing to do. 

• Thinking 1