What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mitt Romney votes to convict and remove Donald Trump (1 Viewer)

I don't understand why this deserved its own thread. But, to add some quotes:

Romney -

“An appalling abuse of public trust”

“A flagrant assault” on our elections

“Perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of ones oath of office that I can imagine."

--

The assaults on him have already started in the other thread. I reckon Trump tweets are not far behind.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
He's positioning himself to be the alternative to the Trump wing of the party. He saw an opportunity to take the only gambit available to him.
Never gonna happen.

And BTW- there is no alternative to the Trump wing of the party. It doesn't exist.

Mike Lee is from the same state but he's not doing it.  Voting against your party on such a huge issue isn't easy under any circumstances. 
Right. I actually liked that Sinema stood and clapped for some things last night when nobody else around her was doing so. Regardless of whether the issue warranted clapping, that still took some courage. 

Wait till Trump and his pack of pirhnas attack Romney these next couple days. They turned on their 2008 nominee (McCain) because he had integrity and ethics and now they're going to tear their 2012 nominee apart for not being loyal to the corruption and coverup. It is a full blown dictatorship now and if you dare step out of line, you will be destroyed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait till Trump and his pack of pirhnas attack Romney these next couple days. They turned on their 2008 nominee (McCain) because he had integrity and ethics and now they're going to tear Mitt apart for not being loyal to the corruption and coverup. It is a full blown dictatorship now and if you dare step out of line, you will be destroyed. 
And it's going to make Trump look petty and vindictive, just as he did with McCain.

Bitter old man that has always been jealous that Trump did what he couldn’t.  If he had courage he would have stood up for himself in 2012. 
How Mitt can buddy up to people who said he killed somebody’s wife because he took away her health care, wants to put black people in chains again and was the prep school bully is beyond me. 

How Mitt can buddy up to people who said he killed somebody’s wife because he took away her health care, wants to put black people in chains again and was the prep school bully is beyond me. 
How is he buddying up to them?
Also, how come you've never asked this question about Ted Cruz? Are you aware of what Trump said about Cruz's dad? Or his wife?

And BTW- there is no alternative to the Trump wing of the party. It doesn't exist.
He's gambling there will be in 2024 and with this vote he's staking his claim to lead it. He has no other choice if he wanted a shot at the white house.

He's gambling there will be in 2024 and with this vote he's staking his claim to lead it. He has no other choice if he wanted a shot at the white house.
Why are you unable to accept that this might be a selfless move? That there's no ulterior motive?

Users who are viewing this thread