What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mitt Romney votes to convict and remove Donald Trump (1 Viewer)

I can’t help but compare that statement to those of PETA claiming that the meat industry supports the “slaughter of millions of innocent lives.”

I can’t help but compare that statement to those of PETA claiming that the meat industry supports the “slaughter of millions of innocent lives.”
Yes.  Cows and Chickens raised as live stock are the same as human babies in the womb.  Great comparison.  

He hasn't let anybody down.

For a week now, Republicans have been bragging that they would have a bipartisan acquittal. Instead, they got a completely partisan acquittal and a bipartisan impeachment. Which Trump absolutely didn't want. And the Republicans will continue to have to explain why they refused any witnesses, especially once Bolton's testimony is revealed.

This was a disaster for Trump and the Republicans.
The a Democrats had 18 witnesses and the Republicans had zero.  They couldn’t even horse trade for one defense witness.

shameful 

The a Democrats had 18 witnesses and the Republicans had zero.  They couldn’t even horse trade for one defense witness.

shameful 
Dang, if only the Senate would have allowed witnesses...

Also, there was at least one witness that testified on behalf of the GOP in the House, Prof. Turley.

I have no idea what this means. Are you saying that everybody who voted against removal under the second article lacks a moral compass?
Well everyone going on about how Mitt is a hero with integrity for voting guilty on the first one. And immediately explaining away the not guilty vote on the 2nd one. Isn't it possible that Mitt and his amazing moral compass believe Trump is simply not guilty on the 2nd article?

Don’t think Romney enjoyed Trump’s photo op dinner where he made Romney look like a chump.

Maybe he’s doing this with 2024 in mind.

Regardless when people do the right thing part of me wants to just accept it at face value. Nice work here, Mittens.

Well everyone going on about how Mitt is a hero with integrity for voting guilty on the first one. And immediately explaining away the not guilty vote on the 2nd one. Isn't it possible that Mitt and his amazing moral compass believe Trump is simply not guilty on the 2nd article?
No, it's not possible that Romney believes Trump to be innocent of obstruction. What Romney appears to believe is that obstruction (at least on these facts) doesn't warrant removal from office.

Either way, I don't see what any of that has to do with having a moral compass.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not possible that Romney believes Trump to be innocent of obstruction. What Romney appears to believe is that obstruction (at least on these facts) doesn't warrant removal from office.

Either way, I don't see what any of that has to do with having a moral compass.
Because he voted that way.

Yet amazingly the Dems are complaining and feel they were the ones wronged, confusing isn’t it?
Yeah, it’s almost as if, instead of focusing on a bunch of BS process arguments, the Dems are instead choosing to focus on the fact that a clearly guilty man escaped accountability due to the moral cowardice of his fellow Republicans. How weird. 

He voted not guilty. Suddenly his vote isn't what he meant. When he voted guilty it meant guilty. But when he voted not guilty it suddenly means something other than not guilty?
None of us has any idea what Romney’s ultimate motivations were. Absent other evidence, we should take his own explanations at face value. And in the end his motivations don’t really matter, and I suspect most of the people citing them are just looking for a way to rationalize their own opinions. 

Yeah, it’s almost as if, instead of focusing on a bunch of BS process arguments, the Dems are instead choosing to focus in the fact that a clearly guilty man escaped accountability. How weird. 
You guys convicted him in a football sub forum, can always hang your hat on that I guess?

He voted not guilty. Suddenly his vote isn't what he meant. When he voted guilty it meant guilty. But when he voted not guilty it suddenly means something other than not guilty?
He didn't vote not guilty. He voted to acquit (i.e., not remove).

Why do you think his vote isn't what he meant?

Sigh. That's precisely my question to the Mitt-is-my-new-hero crowd.
I haven't seen anybody say his vote to acquit doesn't mean that he meant to acquit. (I do think that his vote to acquit doesn't mean that Romney believes that Trump's administration complied with all Congressional subpoenas issued to it.)

IMO, he has redeemed himself and is an American hero for this. Tremendous courage. And absolutely right.
Going way out on a limb and predicting Mitt won't be your hero sometime in the near future. He will somehow have lost his newfound courage. He'll no longer be absolutely right.

If this prediction doesn't come true I'm going to be so incredibly embarrassed.

Going way out on a limb and predicting Mitt won't be your hero sometime in the near future. He will somehow have lost his newfound courage. He'll no longer be absolutely right.

How dare anyone praise Romney for one action and then later criticize him for an unrelated reason! Don't they know you have to be all in on politicians? You know, like Republicans with Trump?

Tim’s been a Romney guy for almost ten years. I don’t think that’s changing any time soon. 

I thought this was a free country, and as such, one couldn't be expelled from a political party. Also, calling an opposing party "the resistance" sounds troubling. I know for a fact that is the parties were reversed, and the GOP saw that they'd be screaming at the top of their lungs about it. However, what it does do as well is make me realize that I made the right choice opposing the GOP now. Not as a Democrat, but definitely in opposition to the GOP.
You know that “for a fact” how exactly? 

I wish I could remember the Clinton impeachment. I was pretty mainline R so I think I was probably in favor of removal, but hard to say. Wasn’t very political back then

Users who are viewing this thread