Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't think Kansas is a big enough state to support 2 NFL teams.

I wish Taylor Cornelius had played college ball at Connecticut so he could be 😎 UConn Cornelius

LOOK AT ME I MADE $200!

3 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Oh, I agree.  Look how long it took them to adopt the 2 point conversion just because it's a thing in college and HS football. :rolleyes:

My greater point is that if the XFL's replay system is shown to be effective (and/or popular), then the NFL may feel pressure to implement it because some sports writers will see the advantages to it.  The fuel to fire would be a replay situation like the Fail Mary that causes a team to lose a game and generates a ton of controversy in doing so.

Good point on the  media.  Pressure from the rank and file won't be enough, because we'll still watch regardless.  But maybe some in the media have enough sway to affect change.  Like I said, the live-sky judge was IMMEDIATELY, OBVIOUSLY better in game 1 of the AAF last year.  NFL should have copied it for game 1 of 2019.  They just won't change quickly enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Capella said:

I could see them implementing the kickoff as that’s a safety issue. Would love for them to ditch extra points, just adds so much unpredictability.  

Yes to both. They will act like none of this exists, but somewhere in the catacombs of the NFL main office there is someone paying attention.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Its pretty damn amazing how Vegas can get this so close on a league no one has ever seen. :tinfoilhat:

They opened the totals of all 4 games at 40.  It was the sharp bettors who go the line here.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

BTW, how much are the guys who bet the under sweating out that Seattle drive.  :lol:

Seattle taking the FG off the board ended up costing the guy who bet the over and/or the guy to took Seattle and the points.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Since Fox ain't giving us the point spreads like ABC,

Spread: L.A. Wildcats +6.5 (-110). Roughnecks -6.5 (-110)

Moneyline: Wildcats +210. Roughnecks -265

Over/Under: Over: 51 (-110). Under: 51 (-110)

They finally added it and then pulled it off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WDIK2 said:

2019 LSU vs the worst XFL team.  Who you got?

Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 
 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 
 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 

Edited by Capella
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Capella said:

Hmmm. Most of these xfl guys at least got invited to an nfl camp and some even played for a number of years. How many players who contributed for LSU will do that? 20? 
 

Then again LSU definitely has more top-end talent. But then again they just interviewed a linebacker who was all-sec at LSU in 2013. He’s a grown man. He might kill some present day LSU kid who’s not ready for that. 
 

DC had a QB who won a title in college and a DE who had a 7 sack season in the nfl. I’d set it xfl team -3, more depending on the QB. That Seattle QB was very not good today. 

He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, facook said:

He did say the WORST XFL team.  I have a hard time not thinking LSU would have beat that Seattle team today.  They or New York are the worst XFL team.

We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capella said:

We have no idea who the worst team is yet. I was giving some examples from the one game I saw. 

I think it’s safe to say LA is the worst XFL team ever. With all we’ve seen, easy call IMO. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Conspiracy theory moment but anyone notice during the last 2 minutes of the first half of each game... after a TD the next kickoff either went out of bounds (2nd game) or went well short of reaching the 20 yard line (1st game)?

In those situations the ball goes to the kicking teams 45...not the receiving team's 40. 

Did Vince McMahon instruct them to do this to show how his rules can generate excitement at the end of the half?  No one wants to see a team taking a knee to run out the clock.  

Or just coincidence?  :tinfoilhat:

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whoknew said:

Can you do an onside kick? If so ... how?

I think that you can but you have to tell the other team and refs that you want to try an onside kick.   Read that somewhere.  I guess they line up like normal for those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Liking this so far. 

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field.. they're not doing it as much on Fox, though.

ABC got a couple of F Bombs because of it.  And one "it hurts like a mother-######" when the QB hurt his ankle.

They either need to get the mic out of everyone's face or do a 5 second delay like the MTV music awards. 

Like the rules and the fact that they don't throw flags after every play 

 

Agreed. They let us hear a little too much. Felt like they were intruding a few times too.

 The constant barking at the line of scrimmage by the DC QB was giving me a headache. Had to turn it down and then I fell asleep. :lmao: 

Edited by fissure man
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...