Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't think Kansas is a big enough state to support 2 NFL teams.

I wish Taylor Cornelius had played college ball at Connecticut so he could be 😎 UConn Cornelius

LOOK AT ME I MADE $200!

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Conspiracy theory moment but anyone notice during the last 2 minutes of the first half of each game... after a TD the next kickoff either went out of bounds (2nd game) or went well short of reaching the 20 yard line (1st game)?

In those situations the ball goes to the kicking teams 45...not the receiving team's 40. 

Did Vince McMahon instruct them to do this to show how his rules can generate excitement at the end of the half?  No one wants to see a team taking a knee to run out the clock.  

Or just coincidence?  :tinfoilhat:

If one of the games this weekend goes to overtime you'll know the fix is in. :penalty:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Up 3 units so far.  Busy night of handicapping ahead of me.  Will report back for the cutting XFL wagering insight you guys depend on and deserve since.......(checks the thread) Friday.

I really really hope you like Tampa Bay to roll New York. :pleasegod: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Conspiracy theory moment but anyone notice during the last 2 minutes of the first half of each game... after a TD the next kickoff either went out of bounds (2nd game) or went well short of reaching the 20 yard line (1st game)?

In those situations the ball goes to the kicking teams 45...not the receiving team's 40. 

Did Vince McMahon instruct them to do this to show how his rules can generate excitement at the end of the half?  No one wants to see a team taking a knee to run out the clock.  

Or just coincidence?  :tinfoilhat:

Put literally NOTHING past Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Didn't care much for all the interviews as soon as a guy walks off the field..

To this point, it makes 100% sense why they're doing it. Trying to create drawing power by hitting gold on a couple of player reaction interviews and make them stars.

Players are going to start practicing like wrestling promos, just you watch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, facook said:

I really really hope you like Tampa Bay to roll New York. :pleasegod: 

I can't do it.  I just.....I can't.  You're asking me not only to put my money behind Aaron Murray (who was cut more times than the 3rd row of a Billie Eilish concert) but Marc F'n Trestman.  I'm sorry, but no.  Especially not as a 4 point favorite.  This marriage of Murray and Trestman is the kind that happens in Vegas after too many cocktails.  It'll end poorly and soon, trust me on this.  

Meanwhile, I get gritty, scrappy, chippy Matt McGloin as a home dog?  Why on earth would I a bet against the Scranton Scrambler????   McGloin actually won an NFL start or two, which is more than any other XFL QB can say.  Also gets to handoff to perennial under achiever Christin Michel.  

The play: NY Guardians +4 over Tampa Bay Vipers **1/2* out of ****

 

Sorry Cappy

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Put literally NOTHING past Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

For sure, but the commish is Oliver Luck who seems to be of very high integrity. No way he takes this job unless McMahon ensures him he leaves the carnival barking to the wwe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I can't do it.  I just.....I can't.  You're asking me not only to put my money behind Aaron Murray (who was cut more times than the 3rd row of a Billie Eilish concert) but Marc F'n Trestman.  I'm sorry, but no.  Especially not as a 4 point favorite.  This marriage of Murray and Trestman is the kind that happens in Vegas after too many cocktails.  It'll end poorly and soon, trust me on this.  

Meanwhile, I get gritty, scrappy, chippy Matt McGloin as a home dog?  Why on earth would I a bet against the Scranton Scrambler????   McGloin actually won an NFL start or two, which is more than any other XFL QB can say.

Ahem.

Josh Johnson, he of 13 mostly practice squad or training camp rosters over the course of a 12-year NFL career, has won exactly 1 NFL game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Ahem.

Josh Johnson, he of 13 mostly practice squad or training camp rosters over the course of a 12-year NFL career, has won exactly 1 NFL game.

Oh yeah.... :lmao:

And he won LAST year, too.  Right?  I'm a moron. 

 

If I somehow hit on the Guardians to go 3-3 on this stupid thing, I'm going to money line bet St. Louis.  Currently 9.5 pt dogs, could be juicy. :popcorn:

 

Edited by General Malaise
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Ahem.

Josh Johnson, he of 13 mostly practice squad or training camp rosters over the course of a 12-year NFL career, has won exactly 1 NFL game.

Cardale Jones has never lost a college or professional football game he started.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(please don’t look at how many NFL games he started)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1 was very enjoyable imo. 
 

they talked up the league as a place to get a chance to show your stuff, get starter reps, and hopefully get a chance to play in the NFL again. They also pointed out a player's NFL experience every chance the announcers got. The "nfl farm league" mentality is the best chance for success imo, so I’m glad they’re pimping that angle. 

full (though small-ish) stadiums also bode well.

I also dig all of the rule tweaks so far. Fun and interesting wrinkles. 

Looking forward to day 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

It wasn't that bad at all. Yes, some miscommunication and dropped passes, but it was entertaining. 

Definitely drop off in talent,  but plus points for faster pace and a few rules and production wrinkles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DC drew 17,163 fans to Audi Field (this is DC United's home, they averaged 18,844 last season in this stadium)

Houston drew 17,815 to TDECU Stadium. (This is the University of Houston's home, they averaged 25,518 in this stadium)

=============

I have no idea how the attendance will do overall but I did expect the first games to sell very well due to the hype and marketing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

DC drew 17,163 fans to Audi Field (this is DC United's home, they averaged 18,844 last season in this stadium)

Houston drew 17,815 to TDECU Stadium. (This is the University of Houston's home, they averaged 25,518 in this stadium)

=============

I have no idea how the attendance will do overall but I did expect the first games to sell very well due to the hype and marketing.

The NFL is out of some families price range, as long as they keep prices low the live gate should continue to do well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

How did these initial rosters come together? Did they hold some kind of draft, or just all free agents?

Yea there was some kind of giant draft a few months ago. They drafted by position. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

happened by the Guardians game on Fox ... just in time for the McGroin bomb, and subsequent TD pass. 

saw some yahoo from J.C. i used to drink with celebratin' like a damn foo' :towelwave:fully decked in Guard Gear :lmao:  he may own 1% of that mess, who knows 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I can't do it.  I just.....I can't.  You're asking me not only to put my money behind Aaron Murray (who was cut more times than the 3rd row of a Billie Eilish concert) but Marc F'n Trestman.  I'm sorry, but no.  Especially not as a 4 point favorite.  This marriage of Murray and Trestman is the kind that happens in Vegas after too many cocktails.  It'll end poorly and soon, trust me on this.  

Meanwhile, I get gritty, scrappy, chippy Matt McGloin as a home dog?  Why on earth would I a bet against the Scranton Scrambler????   McGloin actually won an NFL start or two, which is more than any other XFL QB can say.  Also gets to handoff to perennial under achiever Christin Michel.  

The play: NY Guardians +4 over Tampa Bay Vipers **1/2* out of ****

 

Sorry Cappy

Great call, you were right, I was wrong.  I gave Trestman the benefit of the doubt for his CFL coaching.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...