What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself? (1 Viewer)

Would like to see Greg Olsen get the MNF job either replacing booger or joining them putting booger back in his obstructed (-ing) view chair.
He's done NFL games on FOX during his bye weeks in the past and has had a standing offer/contract waiting for him since before last season.

I feel like the XFL is taunting my fantasy football teams by trotting our players that I faithfully held on my bench like Cameron Artis Payne and McGloin.
YES. The fact that Matt Jones and Christine Michael are on the same team that my wife chose for us to root for "based on the name" makes me think she planned to taunt me.

Need better names (except for Houston)-  how about-

LA Wave

Dallas Thundering Herd

St Louis Arches

Seattle Fog

DC Monuments

Tampa Bay Sand Pipers

NY Highrisers

Lines are out :coffee:

NY Guardians +5 at DC Defenders

Tampa Bay Vipers -2.5 @ Seattle Dragons

Dallas Renegades -4.5 @ LA Wildcats

St. Louis Battlehawks +8 @ Houston Roughnecks

I was thinking last night that it's funny that people are complaining the names of the teams are too plain and simple.  But then also complaining that the Battle Hawks is too dumb and not simple enough.  

Starting to think these people would be upset no matter what the team names were.
To paraphrase Rick Sanchez, "You can't just add an action word to a mascot word and hope it means something. Now, let's go root for the Battle Hawks."

Did you ever stash Christine Michael? He had a perfectly Christine-Michael-kind-of-performance on Sunday, with 7 carries for 0 yards. Plus a fumble.

I bet he's still rostered in 99% of XFL fantasy leagues, though. Can't give up the dream on a fluke game, ya know!
I read on some site that ranked the XFL players for fantasy and Michael was the #1 overall player to own.  Ouch.

Instantly would be the second best guy on tv behind Romo imo 
For sure.  Smart, doesn't trip over himself speech-wise, great commentary.

Hopefully he has another year or two in him, though ... could use him in a TE-friendly dynasty league I'm in.

Google the old World League of American Football Orlando Thunder uniforms.  Similar shade of unnatural green.
We found these at a factory outlet in college and outfitted our whole intramural flag football team in them. Nothing quite like a bunch of supremely unathletic engineering students running into each other in identical, atomic green Scott Mitchell jerseys.

ETA: Think I still have mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highest rated sport of the weekend.
second highest.    The PGA Sunday pro-am event drew 3.51m viewers.

The XFL however was the highest in the key 18-48 demographic.

As mentioned before though, first week ratings and attendance are meaningless.  The numbers in the middle of the season will give every one a much better feel for where things stand.

By the way, just to show how much times have changed on tv, the XFL did 3.3m viewers this weekend, which looks wonderful especially if it holds.   The first incarnation of the XFL drew over 14 million viewers to the first game.

By the way, just to show how much times have changed on tv, the XFL did 3.3m viewers this weekend, which looks wonderful especially if it holds.   The first incarnation of the XFL drew over 14 million viewers to the first game.
First XFL game was on a Saturday night in prime time leading into SNL.  I honestly don't know if that matters, but that might be something.  

We found these at a factory outlet in college and outfitted our whole intramural flag football team in them. Nothing quite like a bunch of supremely unathletic engineering students running into each other in identical, atomic green Scott Mitchell jerseys.

Awesome!!!!

Ashamed to admit I saw them play the NY/NJ Knights in the Meadowlands.

🤦🏼‍♂️😂🤣😂

When it was announced STL would be getting a team there was a large contingent of lol supporters.  The best I can tell a lot of those people are now legit fans and I understand  that tickets for the home opener are going for $100 each.  I think it got a 7.1 rating for the game Sunday which is cra-cra.

For you Battlehawks fans, the unofficial cheer is *KA-KAW! KA-KAW!*

When it was announced STL would be getting a team there was a large contingent of lol supporters.  The best I can tell a lot of those people are now legit fans and I understand  that tickets for the home opener are going for $100 each.  I think it got a 7.1 rating for the game Sunday which is cra-cra.

Of course it is.

I thought the Thunder's unis were the coolest thing back in the day.  Loved their look.  

St. Louis Bob said:

The kicker is from Millsaps College!!!!!!!   I about fell to the floor when I heard that announced on Sunday.  I've never EVER heard the name Millsaps College as an alum for any athlete in any sport until now.  

So, anyhow Catshirt, I'm a size XL. :wub:

Found it!

Some opposing nerd actually protested that we were all #12.
Lord almighty, that’s horrific. 

I’ve adopted the NY Guardians, both as a former NYer as well as a McGloin/Raiders fan. Also, as a Raiders fan, any team with a mostly-black color scheme catches my eye.

My family has adopted a "Damn, is there MORE football?! I thought this was over. I don’t give a crap" position on the XFL. 

“Ticket sales for the Seattle Dragons home opener Saturday against the Tampa Bay Vipers have surpassed 25,000, and the team hopes the crowd at CenturyLink Field will reach 30,000, Dragons president Ryan Gustafson said Tuesday.“

Holy crap 

Lines are out :coffee:

NY Guardians +5 at DC Defenders

Tampa Bay Vipers -2.5 @ Seattle Dragons

Dallas Renegades -4.5 @ LA Wildcats

St. Louis Battlehawks +8 @ Houston Roughnecks
Guardians +7 now.  Took them and added the OVER 47 for this one.

Tampa -1  O/U 43.5

Dallas -4  O/U  47.5

Houston -7.5  O/U 49.5

Am thinking the Totals have come down after last week's inflated numbers.  Perhaps the offenses have figured some things out and we'll see some higher scoring contests.

In on Guardians +7

And Seattle +1.5

I don’t remember if I saw Seattle play or not, but I did see Tampa play. Maybe they’ll win this week but I’m betting against them at least every week until they do. Hoo boy they sucked

In on Guardians +7

And Seattle +1.5

I don’t remember if I saw Seattle play or not, but I did see Tampa play. Maybe they’ll win this week but I’m betting against them at least every week until they do. Hoo boy they sucked
Seattle and TB look like they are clearly the two bottom-dwellers of the league.   

Would the best XFL team (I have no idea who that would be) beat the best College team (LSU, Clemson, Ohio State)?

“Ticket sales for the Seattle Dragons home opener Saturday against the Tampa Bay Vipers have surpassed 25,000, and the team hopes the crowd at CenturyLink Field will reach 30,000, Dragons president Ryan Gustafson said Tuesday.“

Holy crap 
Yeah I heard they opened up a few other sections at the Link and those tickets sold out in 20 minutes.

Seattle and TB look like they are clearly the two bottom-dwellers of the league.   
I think Seattle lost to the best team in the XFL.  We'll see how it goes at home for them.  I think Houston and DC are the top teams so far.  Until Josh Johnson returns from injury, LA is a bottom dweller too.

I think Seattle lost to the best team in the XFL.  We'll see how it goes at home for them.  I think Houston and DC are the top teams so far.  Until Josh Johnson returns from injury, LA is a bottom dweller too.
I'm still leaning toward unders based on bad QB play and simple offenses.  Last week I teased all 4 under and won.  This week taking Battlehawks +8, Dragons +3, Guardians/Defenders u48, and teased all but the Seattle/TB game under.   

I thought one of the broadcasts mentioned a few players only having a couple of weeks of practice?  And that there was limited or no contact until the first games.

Hoping the play improves as players get their feet under them.  Especially the QBs.

Would the best XFL team (I have no idea who that would be) beat the best College team (LSU, Clemson, Ohio State)?

Of course. Almost all the xfl guys were drafted or made nfl camps. Some guys played multiple years in the league. College team would have more top-end talent but would get killed on the lines of scrimmage. 

I thought one of the broadcasts mentioned a few players only having a couple of weeks of practice?  And that there was limited or no contact until the first games.

Hoping the play improves as players get their feet under them.  Especially the QBs.
The league limited contact (pads) practices to one week before opening day to limit injuries. 

That drive looked like a normal NFL drive :shrug:

Also, everyone in the old thread said teams would go for 3 points every time. So far, no team has gone for 3. 

Users who are viewing this thread