What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers - link to new 2023 thread in latest post (2 Viewers)

Wingnut

Footballguy
2021 draft:

Round 1, pick 3 – Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

Round 2, pick 48 – Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame

Round 3, pick 88 – Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State

Round 3, pick 102 – Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan

Round 5, pick 155 -- Jayson Moore, OT, Western Michigan

Round 5, pick 172 - Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon

Round 5, pick 180 - Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC

Round 6, pick 194 - Elijah Mitchell, RB, Lousiana

2020 draft:

Round 1, pick 14: Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina

Round 1, pick 25: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, ASU

Round 5, pick 153: Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia

Round 6, pick 190: Charlie Woerner, TE, Georgia

Round 7, pick 217: Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee

Last edited:
49ers hire new secondary coach

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/10/49ers-coaching-staff-tony-oden-defensive-backs-coach/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

The 49ers lost defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator Joe Woods when the Cleveland Browns hired him as their defensive coordinator. They quickly went to work looking for Woods’ replacement, and are set to hire former Dolphins defensive backs coach Tony Oden according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.

Oden, 47, made his debut as an NFL coach in 2004 as an assistant on the Texans’ defensive staff. He was also there in 2005 when 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh got his first NFL job as an intern with Houston.

Oden also spent time with the Saints, Buccaneers and Lions before making his way to the Dolphins where he spent the last two seasons. He won a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2010, and coached with 49ers’ defensive line coach Kris Kocurek during his four-year stint in Detroit.

Woods held two positions with the 49ers, including the job of passing game coordinator which was a position that only existed upon Woods’ arrival. There’s no word on whether Oden will take over those passing game coordinator duties, or if he’ll strictly hold the title of secondary coach.

The 49ers are coming off a year where they finished with the No. 1 pass defense in the league, but the key for Oden will be developing some of the younger talent on the roster. San Francisco has several young players in the secondary who need to perform more consistently to carve out full-time starting roles. If Oden can step in and develop players like Ahkello Witherspoon and Emmanuel Moseley, the 49ers will be in a good place to continue possessing one of the NFL’s top defenses.

Saleh says Thanks but no thanks to Michigan State, says 49ers have "unfinished business"

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/134917-robert-saleh-michigan-states-interview-request-unfinished-business/

Michigan State requested to interview San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh for its head coaching vacancy, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network. Saleh, who was a defensive assistant for the Spartans in 2002 and 2003, has informed the school that he plans to remain with San Francisco.

Saleh feels the 49ers have "unfinished business," according to Pelissero.

Six 49ers Land on PFF's Top 101 Players of the 2019 Season

https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-pro-football-focus-top-players-offseason

Now that the NFL season has come to a close, Pro Football Focus, compiled its list of the Top 101 Players of the 2019 Season. PFF's list is based solely on 2019 play with an "all positions are created equal" mantra that bases each player's ranking relative to what is expected from their position.

San Francisco sits behind only the Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints in the NFC with six players to land on their list, with one 49ers player holding the No. 1 spot. Here's where the 49ers landed on PFF's list.

#1 - George Kittle

It was another successful year for San Francisco's tight end, who earned the top spot on PFF's Top 101 Players list. Kittle reached 1,000 receiving yards for the second-consecutive season, registering 1,053 yards on 85 receptions and five touchdowns in the regular season. Kittle was recognized as the PFF's top player in the NFL regardless of position, owning the best grade of any player league-wide.

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo had a passer rating of 114.6 when throwing Kittle's direction in 2019. The tight end dropped just two of his 91 catchable targets all season, according to PFF. Kittle averaged 7.3 yards after the catch this season, the most among players with 50 or more receptions. He also broke 20 tackles on the year, which led all tight ends and wideouts.

Despite his success in the pass game, where Kittle truly excelled was as a run blocker. Kittle was a huge part in the 49ers success in the run game, finishing the season as the No. 2 ranked rushing offense in 2019.

#13 - Richard Sherman

Sherman was back to playing his best football just two years removed from an Achilles injury. The ninth-year cornerback earned PFF's Best Coverage Defender Award in 2019, allowing a passer rating of just 45.3 over the entire season, including his postseason performances. Sherman surrendered just 227 receiving yards over the entire regular season.

Sherman finished the season with 61 total tackles, two tackles for loss, 11 passes defended and three interceptions, including one pick six. He also recorded two interceptions in the postseason and a forced fumble.

#28 - Nick Bosa

Bosa exceeded expectations in his rookie campaign. San Francisco's No. 2 overall pick finished the season with the most total pressures ever recorded by a first-year pass rusher in PFF history (2006 – present). In the playoffs he added an additional 22 pressures over three contests. According to PFF, Bosa recorded an absurd 12 total pressures and a pass-rush win rate over 30 percent in Super Bowl LIV.

The NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year finished the season with nine sacks, 25 quarterback hits, 47 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, two passes defended, two fumble recoveries and an interception. Big brother, Los Angeles Chargers edge rusher Joey Bosa, landed at No. 29 on PFF's list

#30 - Arik Armstead

Armstead is coming off of a career season in Year 5 with the 49ers. Armstead ended the season with the fourth-best overall PFF grade of 89.8. Armstead led the team with 10 total sacks to go along with 18 quarterback hits, 54 total tackles, two passes defended, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Armstead is set to become a free agent this offseason, however the defensive lineman revealed that he is not averse to a franchise tag in order to keep San Francisco's revered pass rush intact.

"I'm from Northern California. I've been here my whole career. I would love to be here and continue my career here," Armstead said. "I feel like we have a special team that I want to be a part of and try to get back to the Super Bowl."

#54 - Jimmie Ward

Ward is coming off his first season playing at least 16 games including the playoffs after starting the 2019 campaign with a broken finger. Coming off of one his best seasons in Year 6, Ward topped an 80.0 overall PFF grade for the first time in his career this season while spending the majority of his time as a free safety.

Ward notched eight pass breakups on the season to go along with a sack despite not seeing the field until Week 5. Like Armstead, Ward is also scheduled to become a free agent next month, however disclosed that the 49ers have the "upper hand" in his looming decisions.

"This is a team I'd love to play for. They drafted me. I got injured a couple of years and they still gave me an opportunity to show what I could do. I ended up getting 16 games this year – it was a little different but I got it. But it's a lot of interest right now from both ways. But they get the upper hand right now because I do want to be in California."

#82 - DeForest Buckner

Buckner appeared in all 16 games and amassed 7.5 sacks to add to 2.5 in the playoffs. He also recorded 4 fumble recoveries on the year and three forced fumbles. He notched his third-consecutive season with PFF grades of 80.0 or higher in 2019. Buckner, who was voted as team MVP by his coaches, has recorded 50 quarterback hits since entering the league, ranking 10th among all defenders over that span, according to PFF.

Im not a believer in strength of schedule since its based off last years records and every teams roster will change, but its the offseason and theres not gonna be much news before free agency starts, so here ya go.

49ers have 4th toughest schedule in 2020

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/134952-49ers-own-fourth-toughest-nfl-strength-schedule-2020/

The San Francisco 49ers faced a lot of adversity in 2019 on the way to the Super Bowl. They had overcome several injuries and endured one of the toughest second-half stretches in NFL history.

Things aren't going to get easier in 2020.

The 49ers currently own the fourth-toughest strength of schedule, according to NFL.com. I write currently because things could change — for the better or worse.

Players like All-Pro tight end George Kittle believe the team has what it takes to beat the odds and return next season.

"I think the work ethic and the mindset around the guys here, and the selflessness from them, I think that in itself will speak volumes," Kittle said last week. "And I think just our mindset going into this offseason, if guys treat it the right way, I think we'll have every opportunity in the world to go back."

Below is the ranking for the NFL's strength of schedule in 2020.

1. New England Patriots (.537)
2. New York Jets (.533)
3. Miami Dolphins (.529)
4. San Francisco 49ers (.527)
T5. Buffalo Bills (.525)
T5. Detroit Lions (.525)
T5. Atlanta Falcons (.525)
T8. Arizona Cardinals (.518)
T8. Houston Texans (.518)
T10. Los Angeles Rams (.516)
T10. Minnesota Vikings (.516)
12. Denver Broncos (.512)
T13. Seattle Seahawks (.508)
T13. Chicago Bears (.508)
15. Green Bay Packers (.504)
T16. Indianapolis Colts (.502)
T16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (.502)
T18. Carolina Panthers (.500)
T18. Kansas City Chiefs (.500)
20. Tennessee Titans (.498)
21. Las Vegas Raiders (.496)
22. Jacksonville Jaguars (.494)
23. Los Angeles Chargers (.492)
24. New Orleans Saints (.490)
25. Philadelphia Eagles (.486)
26. New York Giants (.482)
27. Cincinnati Bengals (.477)
28. Washington Redskins (.465)
29. Cleveland Browns (.461)
30. Dallas Cowboys (.459)
31. Pittsburgh Steelers (.457)
32. Baltimore Ravens (.438)

The 49ers will host the following teams at Levi's Stadium next season: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

San Francisco will travel to play the following teams on the road: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, New York Giants, New York Jets

Dates and times for these games will be announced in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Barrows, Armstead back on a long term deal at about $17 million per.  It's possible he's another Dana Stubblefield, but I think he was somebody that they needed to keep.

Buckner to Colts

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28912356/colts-trade-1st-round-pick-49ers-dt-deforest-buckner

The Indianapolis Colts have traded their first-round pick (13th overall) in next month's draft to the San Francisco 49ers for All-Pro defensive tackle DeForest Buckner, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Buckner, who turns 26 on Tuesday, has already agreed to a massive contract that will pay him $21 million a year and make him the second-highest-paid defensive tackle in NFL history behind only Aaron Donald, sources say.

Over the last two seasons, Buckner ranks second in tackles (125), third in sacks (18.5) and sixth in double-teams drawn (482) when lined up at defensive tackle.

He has also been incredibly durable in his career, playing the third-most snaps among defensive linemen in the last 4 seasons.
Guess they figured they couldn't afford re-signing everyone...

Buckner's awesome.  I can understand the argument that he's about to get too pricey, and this trade probably puts them in a position to get a #1-type WR prospect (which they really need, IMO), but man.  That DL will probably still be very good if healthy, but (1) health has been a big "if" for Ford/Bosa/Armstead historically, and (2) hard to tell how much those other guys benefitted from Buckner getting so much attention in the middle.

It's the nature of the beast - you can't pay everyone. Sounds like Armstead's deal is mostly backloaded. I'll miss Buck but the pick gives us a lot more flexibility in the draft. Overall I think it's a smart move. 

Edit: and F the Texans for giving away Nuk to the Cards. 

It's the nature of the beast - you can't pay everyone. Sounds like Armstead's deal is mostly backloaded. I'll miss Buck but the pick gives us a lot more flexibility in the draft. 
Yeah, hate to see Buckner go. One of my favorite Niners, but it’s the nature of the salary cap game. 

Getting the  #13 overall in a deep draft is more than I expected.  Nice work Lynch. 

I really hope they don't take that 13th pick and draft another D lineman. As much as it hurts to see Buckner go... they have some decent talent in the interior with Jones and Blair (and possibly Taylor if he can stay on the field).

I really hope they take a good long look at Lamb, I think that kid's gonna be a star...

I really hope they don't take that 13th pick and draft another D lineman. As much as it hurts to see Buckner go... they have some decent talent in the interior with Jones and Blair (and possibly Taylor if he can stay on the field).

I really hope they take a good long look at Lamb, I think that kid's gonna be a star...
Would be a coup for SF to get Lamb but I don't see him being there at 13. 

I hate to see Buckner go, but I get it.

Armstead isn't as dominant but he's more versatile, he can play inside and outside, so I get why they gave him a big extension.

I also heard the 49ers made a play for Hooper...can you imagine Kittle and Hooper in 2 TE sets? That would be deadly.

McKinnon staying in SF

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/135478-49ers-jerick-mckinnon-agree-restructured-contract-per-report/

The San Francisco 49ers and Jerick McKinnon have agreed to a restructured contract that will keep the running back with the team in 2020, according to Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.

It was widely believed that McKinnon would need to restructure his contract to remain with the 49ers. He was set to count $8.55 million against the salary cap in 2020, according to Spotrac. Details of the restructured deal are not yet known.

So is the initial collective feeling around here that you all would prefer one of Lamb or Jeudy and if neither are available then to trade back from #13 for more draft picks? 

I've seen people mention Buckner's replacement there but I think our DL as currently constructed will serve us well enough to not have to do that. 

I've also heard some chatter about taking one of the top 4 OTs there as a replacement for Staley. I was pleased with the play from our backups last year and I don't believe that that needs to be the play here either. 

So is the initial collective feeling around here that you all would prefer one of Lamb or Jeudy and if neither are available then to trade back from #13 for more draft picks? 

I've seen people mention Buckner's replacement there but I think our DL as currently constructed will serve us well enough to not have to do that. 

I've also heard some chatter about taking one of the top 4 OTs there as a replacement for Staley. I was pleased with the play from our backups last year and I don't believe that that needs to be the play here either. 
I have been assigned to pick for the 49ers in the shark pool mock just getting going right now.

If you or any other 49ers fan would like to pick for them instead, its all yours.

My thoughts for them and the 13th overall pick were similar. A great WR like Lamb could take the offense to another level, or a replacement at tackle could be an option because a good one might be there as a BPA type of pick that eventually could fill a need, but I don't know the team as you or others here who follow them closely. For example I don't know who their back up offensive linemen are. I am not sure who their free agents may be in 2021 (yet).

For free agents in 2021 I am mostly looking at Richard Shermon who will be 33 then. So corner back seems like another spot to target.

I have been assigned to pick for the 49ers in the shark pool mock just getting going right now.

If you or any other 49ers fan would like to pick for them instead, its all yours.

My thoughts for them and the 13th overall pick were similar. A great WR like Lamb could take the offense to another level, or a replacement at tackle could be an option because a good one might be there as a BPA type of pick that eventually could fill a need, but I don't know the team as you or others here who follow them closely. For example I don't know who their back up offensive linemen are. I am not sure who their free agents may be in 2021 (yet).
Lamb or Jeudy won't be there at 13.

Lamb or Jeudy won't be there at 13.
Thats possible.

Would the 49ers go with another WR at 13 instead?

If so which one?

The 49ers don't have a 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick this year. I was thinking they may want to trade down for more picks/

They gave up a special player to get pick 13 though, so it feels like they have a plan and want to add an impact player with that pick as well.

For free agents in 2021 I am mostly looking at Richard Shermon who will be 33 then. So corner back seems like another spot to target.
CB could definitely be an area of need but is there a player worthy of being the 13th overall selection? I know Okudah will be long gone before then. I'm not as familiar with the other prospects at that position. 

Biabreakable said:
Thats possible.

Would the 49ers go with another WR at 13 instead?

If so which one?

The 49ers don't have a 2nd 3rd or 4th round pick this year. I was thinking they may want to trade down for more picks/

They gave up a special player to get pick 13 though, so it feels like they have a plan and want to add an impact player with that pick as well.
Is Ruggs worth the 13? Would it be possible to move down into the later teens and get him? I could see us being more likely to move 31 for more picks if the above is not on the table. 

farfromforgotten said:
CB could definitely be an area of need but is there a player worthy of being the 13th overall selection? I know Okudah will be long gone before then. I'm not as familiar with the other prospects at that position. 
I think Okudah could be there. Is he the corner you think the 49ers prefer?

I think CJ Henderson is worth that pick and from what I have seen goes before Okudah. Possible both could be there at 13. 

Is Ruggs worth the 13? Would it be possible to move down into the later teens and get him? I could see us being more likely to move 31 for more picks if the above is not on the table. 
I am seeing Ruggs mocked that high. I can see him being a good complimentary piece to Kittle and Samuels.

I personnly don't like Ruggs that much though.

This is how our mock draft fell

1 Cincinnati Bengals    - Joe Burrow QB LSU

2 Washington Redskins    - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

3 Detroit Lions    - Chase Young DE tOSU

4 New York Giants    - Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

5 Miami Dolphins    - Jedrick Wills LT Alabama

6 Los Angeles Chargers    - Justin Herbert QB Oregon

7 Carolina Panthers    - Jeff Okudah CB tOSU

8 Arizona Cardinals    - Derrick Brown DT Auburn

9 Jacksonville Jaguars    - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

10 Cleveland Browns    - Andrew Thomas LT Georgia

11 New York Jets    - Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville

12 Las Vegas Raiders    - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

13 San Francisco 49ers   Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

I could have gone corner here or Ruggs instead. I just thought Wirfs was the BPA The top 2 WR were gone by then.

Others in the thread thought the 49ers would go defensive line here and there were a couple quality players worth the pick I think, I just don't think they are better players than Wirfs.

This is how our mock draft fell

1 Cincinnati Bengals    - Joe Burrow QB LSU

2 Washington Redskins    - Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama

3 Detroit Lions    - Chase Young DE tOSU

4 New York Giants    - Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson

5 Miami Dolphins    - Jedrick Wills LT Alabama

6 Los Angeles Chargers    - Justin Herbert QB Oregon

7 Carolina Panthers    - Jeff Okudah CB tOSU

8 Arizona Cardinals    - Derrick Brown DT Auburn

9 Jacksonville Jaguars    - CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma

10 Cleveland Browns    - Andrew Thomas LT Georgia

11 New York Jets    - Mekhi Becton OT, Louisville

12 Las Vegas Raiders    - Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

13 San Francisco 49ers   Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa

I could have gone corner here or Ruggs instead. I just thought Wirfs was the BPA The top 2 WR were gone by then.

Others in the thread thought the 49ers would go defensive line here and there were a couple quality players worth the pick I think, I just don't think they are better players than Wirfs.
While I like Wirfs, I think the play here would be to grab Javon Kinlaw as a replacement for Buckner. Keeping the D-line dominant is key to their success.  

I think Staley plays a couple more years, and they have Brunskill and Coleman available in case of injury, so OT can wait a year to prioritize. 

Would love to have Lamb or Jeudy of course, but drafting D-line in the 1st is kind of a 49er thing. 

McKinnon staying in SF

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/135478-49ers-jerick-mckinnon-agree-restructured-contract-per-report/

The San Francisco 49ers and Jerick McKinnon have agreed to a restructured contract that will keep the running back with the team in 2020, according to Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area.

It was widely believed that McKinnon would need to restructure his contract to remain with the 49ers. He was set to count $8.55 million against the salary cap in 2020, according to Spotrac. Details of the restructured deal are not yet known.

Lombardi reported that he restructured his deal to get paid his dead money amount (if they had cut him) plus the veteran’s minimum. In other words, the Niners basically brought him back on a one year min deal in terms of marginal cost. It’s a worthwhile gamble. 

efactor said:
While I like Wirfs, I think the play here would be to grab Javon Kinlaw as a replacement for Buckner. Keeping the D-line dominant is key to their success.  

I think Staley plays a couple more years, and they have Brunskill and Coleman available in case of injury, so OT can wait a year to prioritize. 

Would love to have Lamb or Jeudy of course, but drafting D-line in the 1st is kind of a 49er thing. 
I’d be stunned if they went OT, but then again I didn’t see the McGlinchey pick coming either.

I love seeing the Rams feel the effects of overpaying everyone for their 2 year run. Have fun looking up at the rest of us in the NFCW, suckers.

With no other picks until round 5 beyond their two ones I'd expect some trade down's. 
I’d guess it’s a little more likely they trade down from 31. They probably want to make sure they get a premium prospect with the pick they traded Buckner for. 

With no other picks until round 5 beyond their two ones I'd expect some trade down's. 
I think at this point I'd like to see both picks traded because I don't believe that Jeudy or Lamb will be there at 13. From 13 down to the later teens/early 20's+ and from 31 to a 2nd+. Of course you gotta find trade partners. Maybe a team will move up for one of the top OTs available at 13? 

It seems like every year we talk about this team drafting a top WR but it never happens. Lol. I could totally see us staying at 13 and building even more along the trenches. 

I think at this point I'd like to see both picks traded because I don't believe that Jeudy or Lamb will be there at 13. From 13 down to the later teens/early 20's+ and from 31 to a 2nd+. Of course you gotta find trade partners. Maybe a team will move up for one of the top OTs available at 13? 

It seems like every year we talk about this team drafting a top WR but it never happens. Lol. I could totally see us staying at 13 and building even more along the trenches. 
I think there will be a sweet spot for wr sometime day 2. The million dollar question is when. 

With Sanders gone I’d be REALLY surprised if they didn’t go WR at 13. 
They have no choice but to find a WR early. They currently have Deebo and Bourne who is better suited as a #3/4 WR as the only "sure" things heading into the year. The rest are coming off injury or most likely won't be on the 53 (Pettis/Goodwin). 

Sanders would have made a lot of sense to pair with a rookie and Deebo. I wouldn't be upset if they traded up a few spots to a get a guy like Jeudy or Lamb. Odds are good they might have to. They are within striking distance of some pretty good WR prospects and it's the #1 glaring hole on the roster. They should try and make it work. 

The idea they should trade down to accumulate picks is silly at this point. They only have a few openings on the 53 as it is. They aren't rebuilding anymore. They need quality over quantity. I just hope they don't go OT and deal with Staley's replacement if need be next year. They already have several swing tackle options. Don't see them drafting a tackle to play guard for the year either. They need to get that starting WR to pair opposite Deebo. Hoping to find that guy in later rounds would be foolish IMO. 

Of course they have a tendency to go against what most fans want/hope for. Not going to be surprised when they draft someone none of us were considering.

Since both Jeudy and Lamb will be gone at 13 I don't think any other WR deserves to be picked that high.
I know literally nothing about college football, but Barrows’ story in the Athletic said he expected only one of those guys to be taken, and the scout he talked to apparently liked Ruggs a lot as well. If SF doesn’t get one there, they better have a plan for the position, because they need help there IMO. 

I know literally nothing about college football, but Barrows’ story in the Athletic said he expected only one of those guys to be taken, and the scout he talked to apparently liked Ruggs a lot as well. If SF doesn’t get one there, they better have a plan for the position, because they need help there IMO. 
I believe Ruggs at 13 would be a reach.  No way the top 2 fall that far.

I believe Ruggs at 13 would be a reach.  No way the top 2 fall that far.
I agree about Ruggs. I think there is a chance that one of the top 2 WRs could be there at 13 though. Realistically, let's say 3 QBs, Young, Akudah, and Simmons, and possibly the top 4 OTs go before our pick. That's 10 players. Then one of Brown or Kinlaw I guess would have to go at this point. I don't know if all 4 of the OTs would go in the top 12 or not. I don't know of other teams needs. 

I agree about Ruggs. I think there is a chance that one of the top 2 WRs could be there at 13 though. Realistically, let's say 3 QBs, Young, Akudah, and Simmons, and possibly the top 4 OTs go before our pick. That's 10 players. Then one of Brown or Kinlaw I guess would have to go at this point. I don't know if all 4 of the OTs would go in the top 12 or not. I don't know of other teams needs. 
I don't see 4 OT going in the top 12.  Either way, I don't see the top 2  WRs getting out of the top 10 to be honest.

The beat writers are starting to post a lot of, “it would be great if the Niners could draft a tackle!” stories. Im assuming that’s coming from the front office  :wall:

I don't see 4 OT going in the top 12.  Either way, I don't see the top 2  WRs getting out of the top 10 to be honest.
You think BOTH go top 10?  Damn.  Haven't seen that happen in any mock out there.  Would be shocked.

Hard to believe the draft starts tomorrow. I am psyched ZERO percent compared to last year where I was about 98%.

I'll update the first post with draft picks at some point tonight but I wont be watching live, so it may have a bit of a delay.

I feel like 13 is either Lamb or Jeudy or trading back if they are not available. Lots of mocks I have seen have them go 11/12 for ultimate heartbreak. It feels like 13 would be a stretch for Ruggs, so if they could drop back 10 places and pick up some picks in the next few rounds that would be ideal. 

I feel like 13 is either Lamb or Jeudy or trading back if they are not available. Lots of mocks I have seen have them go 11/12 for ultimate heartbreak. It feels like 13 would be a stretch for Ruggs, so if they could drop back 10 places and pick up some picks in the next few rounds that would be ideal. 
It certainly sounds like they are trying to trade back.  The only outcome that would bother me would be spending a premium pick on an OT, especially if that player can't step in as an above-average starting guard right away.  Even if Staley is leaving, they got by fine with Brunskill last year on the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread