What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers - link to new 2023 thread in latest post (2 Viewers)

Deebo expected to practice Wednesday. 

Would love to see him, Aiyuk, Bourne, Kittle, Taylor and Sanu all active next week.

Pairing that WR corp with Mostert, McKinnon, Wilson and Hasty could be lethal.

We're about to start a run, and its gonna be offense that wins games this time around. Im not saying our defense won't be stout, but we're gonna put up a lot of points going forward IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Revisiting the Kinlaw/Aiyuk move (over taking a “big 3” WR) 

Kinlaw is developing quickly. Aiyuk looked really good on Sunday.

here’s a great breakdown of Kinlaw against the Giants - I’m impressed. Yeah, the Giants aren’t great, but this breakdown is somewhat opponent independent. Just shows how good Kinlaw is. Bright future.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1310543855582875649?s=21
Not the most riveting audio commentary but those were interesting clips.  I'm optimistic about him.  Its unfortunate that he's maybe their best lineman due to the injuries.

BTW, Kawakami said in the Athletic yesterday that he wouldn't be stunned if Ford missed most of the season.   :doh:

Kawakami said in the Athletic yesterday that he wouldn't be stunned if Ford missed most of the season.   :doh:
I wouldn't be surprised. If thats the case, then there's no way we keep him next season. Get rid of him and get someone that can actually play.

Also, K'waun Williams dealing with a hip injury. No word yet on if it will affect his ability to play this week.

And just like that, long snapper Kyle Nelson has been waived. I remember last year when he was suspended for the first 6 games (and final 4 games in 2018) for using PEDs...our kicking game was all out of whack and we went through several long snappers until he came back.

Welp, today we have a new long snapper.

https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-sign-daniel-helm-taybor-pepper-waive-kyle-nelson

We signed long snapper Taybor Pepper to a one-year deal.

Pepper (6-4, 245) originally entered the NFL after signing with the Green Bay Packers to a Reserve/Future contract on January 27, 2017. He went on to appear in four games for Green bay in 2017 prior to being placed on the Injured Reserve List on November 3, 2017. He later signed a Reserve/Future contract with the New York Giants on December 31, 2018 and was waived by the Giants on August 31, 2019. Pepper signed with the Miami Dolphins on September 2, 2019, where he went on to appear in all 16 games for the Dolphins. He was waived by Miami on May 27, 2020.

A 26-year-old native of Saline, MI, Pepper attended Michigan State University where he played in all 54 games at long snapper and registered 10 tackles on special teams. His 54 games played for the Spartans were tied for the most among any player in school history.

Aiyuk looks like a future star - better than Deebo IMO. I could see him, Jefferson and Claypool outproducing the big three WR from this draft (though I do like what I see from Lamb and Ruggs as well).

Don't look now, but we might have a legit corner opposite of Sherman. Jason Verrett looked really good Sunday against the Giants. If he can stay healthy (and thats a big if), I think we're gonna love this guy. In fact, I think they should let him start over Moseley and see if he can keep it up and regain his pro bowl form. If he can, having a corner of that caliber opposite Sherm would really lessen the sting/impact of losing Bosa and Ford, and its something we desperately need, especially now.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/9/29/21492892/49ers-verrett-impresses-versus-giants

Jason Verrett impresses versus Giants

The injury-plagued corner stepped up with the 49ers missing Sherman, Moseley and Witherspoon.

The San Francisco 49ers’ secondary is banged up. No. 1 corner Richard Sherman will miss one more game after injuring his calf in Week 1; Emmanuel Moseley is in the league’s concussion protocol while Ahkello Witherspoon hurt his hamstring in practice last week.

This opened the door for veteran Jason Verrett to get his first game action since he was torched by the Pittsburgh Steelers on a single drive last season. Verrett played exceptionally well against the New York Giants. He gave up nine yards on four targets and finished the game with 3 tackles, a QB hit and broke up a pass.

Pro Football Focus gave the cornerback the fourth-highest grade on the 49ers defense at 75.3. It was a welcome sight for the Niners. Verrett’s career has been injury-plagued, so getting to see the veteran step up had head coach Kyle Shanahan excited after the Giants game.

“He played great in camp, then had that hamstring the last week, and that really set him back,” Shanahan said. “He got his opportunity (Sunday), and he had a great week of practice. It was awesome watching him on those three days. I felt like he was going to do a really good job, and then he did.

Signs point to another Nick Mullens start as Jimmy Garoppolo misses 49ers practice again

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140606-signs-point-another-mullens-start-garoppolo-misses-practice/

It's starting to look like quarterback Nick Mullens will get his tenth career start on Sunday night when the San Francisco 49ers host the Philadelphia Eagles at Levi's Stadium. Jimmy Garoppolo did not practice on Wednesday afternoon. According to Matt Barrows of The Athletic, the 49ers' starter wasn't out on the field for Thursday's practice either.

The 49ers have just one more practice — a Friday afternoon session — remaining before Sunday's game. Should Garoppolo miss that one too, it seems unlikely the team will play him over the weekend.

Head coach Kyle Shanahan said on Wednesday that Garoppolo would need to practice and show that he can move around well enough to protect himself.

Other early practice notes from Barrows:

Cornerbacks K'Waun Williams (hip) and Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring) were on hand for practice.

Running back Jerick McKinnon (ribs) was on hand for practice.

There were no signs of running back Raheem Mostert (knee) or cornerback Emmanuel Moseley (concussion).

#49ers Thursday

*Nick Mullens has taken all QB reps*

NO PRACTICE: DE Ford (back), QB Garoppolo (ankle), LB Greenlaw (quad), CB Moseley (concussion), RB Mostert (knee), TE Reed (knee)

LIMITED: CB Williams (hip), CB Witherspoon (ham)

FULL: TE Kittle (knee), RB McKinnon (ribs)

Note: Because Deebo Samuel is still on injured reserve, he is not subject to being mentioned on the injury report. His practice window opened yesterday, but he currently is not on the 53-man roster. The 49ers would have to activate him by Saturday, 1PM, in order for him to play.

I saw a very short video of Deebo practicing today. Looked full speed. Means nothing I’m sure. 

Aiyuk looks like a future star - better than Deebo IMO. I could see him, Jefferson and Claypool outproducing the big three WR from this draft (though I do like what I see from Lamb and Ruggs as well).
Haven’t seen much of Ruggs. What have you liked other than the pure speed? 

Verrett becomes the starting CB opposite Sherman starting Sunday and is a shut down corner going forward. 

You heard it here first

We're about to find out what this team is made of. That's for sure. I'd be happy to go 3-3 over the next 6 before the bye at the moment. 

Yeah, it was tough to watch. All week Kyle talked about being worried about a let down after 2 weeks on the east coast, which happened last season. And it happened again. When we opened the game with 3 pass plays, I had a bad feeling. Nick missing a WIDE OPEN Juice, I had an even worse feeling, and I got worried.

So...first things first. Injuries have caught up to us. Weve been good at overcoming them but we are just too banged up. I mean, we had 4th and 5th stringers on the field on defense, and they still held Philly to 18 offensive points. Holding the opponent to 18 points should be enough for a win. We came so close to sacking Wentz so many times, only to see him escape and make a play or avoid disaster. Our D-line seems to be getting pressure but very few finishes. Losing Bosa is too much to overcome and we're just not gonna have a pass rush like we did last year, but we really need Ford out there at least. Hyder and DJ Jones look good, Kinlaw is fine and I thought Armstead was getting good pushes, but we just arent finishing. We dont even need to talk about the secondary. When Dontae Johnson is starting at CB, things are bad. We're really missing Sherm, Moseley, and Greenlaw. Hopefully theyll all be back next week. Oh yeah, we lost Ziggy Ansah for the year. Yay. I hate to say it, but I think we should give Clay Matthews a look. Yes, hes TERRIBLE in coverage, but he did have 8 sacks last year for the Rams. We could use him on passing downs like we used Ford last year, but I dont know what he would cost. Hopefully Ronald Blair can come back week 7...after week 6 he can come off PUP if healthy enough.

On to the O-line. it was terrible. And it HAS been all year. Like one of the worst in the league. The Eagles finished with 5 sacks, 5 tackles for a loss and 15 QB hits. SMH. Nick was under assault all night, and clearly he wasnt prepared for that and couldnt overcome it.

Trent Williams is committing penalties and giving up sacks. Maybe its rust, or maybe he's lost a bit of his dominance. Either way he needs to get it together. McGlinchey got beat like a drum ALL GAME. I dont know whats up with him, but it seems without Staley around he has regressed, and regressed BADLY. Through 3 weeks he had a 46.8 pass-blocking grade. If he doesnt figure things out and fast, he could be another first round bust. Brunskill is average at best, ranking in the 50 range at his position and he also gave up a sack last night. As much as I dont care for Richburg, we need him back so we can move Garland to guard and maybe get better production across the board. Surprisingly, Laken Tomlinson (who I thought played OK) and Garland had 2 of the top 5 PFF grades on offense. Getting Jimmy and Mostert back will definitely help. When those two are on the field, we are much better at running Shanahans run zone scheme, which doesnt require the O-line to get a big push, but relies on speed to get them to spots faster than their opponents, which our O-line is good at (or was last season anyway). We need the running game to open the passing game/play action and Kyle can have Jimmy roll out, which is where we get big plays down field. McKinnon has played pretty well, but we all know hes a fine RB2 and not a 20 carry workhorse back and you cant call the same plays for him as you do for Mostert. Also...sweeps to the WRs seem to work most of the time, I dont know why Kyle stops calling them in the 2nd half. Its frustrating.

Id talk about the WRs, but I think the problem was Nick had ZERO time to throw and really leaned on Kittle, and who could blame him.

Speaking of Kittle. Wow. Beast. He is by far our best player and man did he BALL OUT. Its such a pleasure watching him pay football. Thats all that really needs to be said. Legend in the making.

So where do we go from here? I think with most of our starters back in the coming week or so, I think we will be ok...and by ok, I mean we wont suck. The O-line needs to play better, period. We surely wont win 13 games this year, but I think 10-6 is possible, and with the extra wild card team this year, I think 10 wins could get us in the tournament. If we rattle off a 3-4 game winning streak at the end of the year and go into the playoffs hot, anything can happen. And don't forget with the new playoff format, only the #1 seed in each conference will  have a bye in the playoffs. The #2 seeds will be hosting a game in wild card weekend. Giddy up!!

I hate to say it in week 5, but next week vs Miami is a must win. We can't afford to be under .500 going into the teeth of our schedule. If we go 8-4 the rest of the way, and I do think that's entirely possible, we might have a chance at another run, but it gas to start with a win next week against a team we *should* easily beat.

George Kittle is PFF’s highest-graded player during 49ers-Eagles while Nick Mullens is lowest-graded

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140773-george-kittle-highest-graded-player-during-49ers-eagles-mullens-lowest-graded/

George Kittle had a historic night during the San Francisco 49ers' 25-20 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. The All-Pro tight end hauled in 15 passes on 15 targets for 183 yards and a score. The performance also marked the first time in NFL history a tight end has registered 15-or-more receptions and 175-or-more receiving yards in a single game.

Pro Football Focus released its grades from Sunday's game, and Kittle earned the game's highest grade for either team from the analytics site.

On defense, D-lineman Kevin Givens earned the highest grade, albeit on limited snaps. The highest-graded defender with a significant number of snaps was defensive end Kerry Hyder, who finished the game with four tackles, a quarterback hit, and 0.5 sacks, per Pro Football Reference.

The lowest-graded player for either team was 49ers quarterback Nick Mullens, who was benched late in the game and replaced by C.J. Beathard.

Below were the five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Eagles.

George Kittle, TE, 92.4, 72 snaps

Ben Garland, C, 78.0, 73 snaps

Laken Tomlinson, LG, 75.5, 73 snaps

C.J. Beathard, QB, 73.4, 23 snaps

Deebo Samuel, WR, 72.1, 25 snaps

Below were the five highest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Kevin Givens, DT, 89.5, 17 snaps

Jamar Taylor, CB, 75.4, 10 snaps

Kerry Hyder, DE, 74.9, 47 snaps

Arik Armstead, DE, 74.1, 48 snaps

D.J. Jones, DT, 72.0, 39 snaps

Below were the three lowest-graded 49ers players on offense.

Nick Mullens, QB, 26.9, 50 snaps

Ross Dwelley, TE, 47.3, 13 snaps

Trent Taylor, WR, 49.0, 37 snaps

Below were the three lowest-graded 49ers players on defense.

Jimmie Ward, FS, 38.0, 62 snaps

Azeez Al-Shaair, LB, 49.0, 18 snaps

Kentavius Street, DT, 50.4, 11 snaps

George Kittle has historical night during 49ers’ disappointing loss vs. Eagles

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/140766-george-kittle-historical-night-during-49ers-disappointing-eagles/

The San Francisco 49ers' upset loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night was disappointing. One silver lining was the return of the team's All-Pro tight end, George Kittle, who had a historical game.

Kittle hauled in 15 passes on 15 targets for 183 yards and a score. Not only are his 15 receptions the most in a single game by a tight end in franchise history, but the performance also marked the first time in NFL history a tight end has registered 15-or-more receptions and 175-or-more receiving yards in a single game.

Kittle's reception total for the night rank third in franchise history behind only Terrell Owens and Jerry Rice, and is tied with Jason Witten (2007), Zach Ertz (2014), and Kellen Winslow (1984) for second in NFL history. Witten owns the record after an 18-catch performance in 2012.

Most Recepts. In A Game, Franchise History

Rank Player Opponent Date Recepts.

1.Terrell Owens vs. Chi.12/17/00 20

2.Jerry Rice vs. LAR11/20/94 16

3.George Kittle (TE) vs. Phi.10/4/20 15

4.Jerry Rice vs. Min.12/18/95 14

San Francisco had been without Kittle for the past two games after the tight end suffered an MCL sprain and bone bruise during Week 1.

"Body? Feels great," Kittle said after the game. "Getting tackled 15 times is a lot, but that's what I'm built for. It felt great to be back out there with the guys. Unfortunately, we just didn't get it done. That's not fun."

The 49ers tight end also got into the history books in another way. Kittle tied Rob Gronkowski for the third-fewest games played by a tight end in NFL history to reach 3,000 receiving yards, doing so in 47 games. Mike Ditka and Kellen Winslow tied for the fastest at 45 games.

Fewest games to 3,000 rec. yds. by a TE

Player Games

Mike Ditka and Kellen Winslow: 45

George Kittle and Rob Gronkowski 47

Jimmy Graham 49

I agree with your take on the oline. It is definitely what is most concerning. Jimmy is going to have to get rid of the ball quickly. Which should be an easy thing to do when you pretty much just have to get the ball into the hands of Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk, and Mostert and let them do their thing with it. 

Snap counts vs PHI. Some of these guys should never see snaps in the NFL other than in garbage time.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-snap-count-deebo-samuel-eased-back-george-kittle-given-full-load

Offense

Quarterback: Nick Mullens 50, C.J. Beathard 23

Running back: Jerick McKinnon 67, Kyle Juszczyk 22, Jeff Wilson 6

Wide receiver: Brandon Aiyuk 64, Kendrick Bourne 50, Trent Taylor 37, Deebo Samuel 25, Mohamed Sanu 7

Tight end: George Kittle 72, Ross Dwelley 13, Charlie Woerner 2

Offensive line: Laken Tomlinson 73, Ben Garland 73, Daniel Brunskill 73, Trent Williams 73, Mike McGlinchey 73

Defense

Defensive line: Arik Armstead 48, Javon Kinlaw 47, Kerry Hyder 47, D.J. Jones 39, Dion Jordan 26, Kevin Givens 17, Ziggy Ansah 13, Kentavius Street 11

Linebacker: Fred Warner 62, Kwon Alexander 61, Azeez Al-Shaair 18

Defensive back: Jimmie Ward 62, Jaquiski Tartt 62, Jason Verrett 61, Dontae Johnson 59, K’Waun Williams 34, Jamar Taylor 10, Ken Webster 4, Tarvarius Moore 1

Special teams

Moore 22, Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles 21, Joe Walker 21, Marcell Harris 18, Woerner 16, Webster 16, JaMycal Hasty 14, Al-Shaair 13, Wilson 10, Mitch Wishnowsky 9, Dwelley 9, Ward 9, Dante Pettis 8, Johnson 8, Tartt 8, J.Taylor 8, Taybor Pepper 6, Armstead 6, Kinlaw 6, T.Taylor 5, Jones 5, Juszczyk 4, Jordan 4, Robbie Gould 3, Justin Skule 2, Colton McKivitz 2, Garland 2, Tomlinson 2, McGlinchey 2, Warner 1, Alexander 1, Hyder 1, K.Williams 1, Ansah 1

Did not play

C Hroniss Grasu

Inactive

QB Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle), CB Ahkello Witherspoon (hamstring), RB Raheem Mostert (knee), CB Emmanuel Moseley (concussion), LB Dre Greenlaw (quadriceps), OL Tom Compton, TE Daniel Helm

Kittle post game nuggets:

"Body feels great," Kittle told reporters after the game. "Getting tackled 15 times is a lot, but that's what I'm built for. It felt great to be back out there with the guys. Unfortunately we just didn't get it done, so that's not fun."

Kittle on why the WRs didn't get more catches: "It's kind of hard for them to get catches when I have 15, so that might be my fault." :lmao:

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1312988385255010304

Four overreactions after Sunday night’s loss to the Eagles: No, the season isn’t over.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/10/5/21501918/four-overreactions-after-sunday-nights-loss-to-the-eagles-no-the-season-isnt-over

Taking a look at the biggest overreactions from Sunday night’s loss, including the receivers, the backup quarterback, the defense, and where we go from here.

Start the tank! That’s going to be the saying from a group of San Francisco 49ers fans after every loss; it seems. I know the Niners are pretty banged up, but so were the Philadelphia Eagles, and there was absolutely no reason for the 49ers to lose that game in that fashion on Sunday night. Every week, we overreact, win, or lose.

Overreaction: The offensive line will cost the 49ers a spot in the playoffs

Nick Mullens had 45 attempts and was hit or sacked on 15 of those plays. That’s not counting the plays where Mullens had to scramble due to pressure. I’m not absolving Mullens from how he played. The expectations shouldn’t be high for a backup quarterback, but Mullens made a handful of inexplicable decisions. A professional quarterback should not miss some of the throws or make some of Mullens’s decisions. I feel like we could all agree on that. That doesn’t take away from how the offensive line was outclassed once again.

On Sunday night, the Niners offensive line didn’t just play poorly; they looked out of sorts. Multiple players were missing blocks, free rushers were coming on blitzes, and even when Kyle Shanahan decided to “max protect,” Mullens, a rusher still got through. What’s troubling is that these issues are nothing new. Against the Eagles, the offensive line’s issues were highlighted at the worst possible times.

Trent Williams and Mike McGlinchey were both high first-round picks. Suppose the team is going to continue to try and get by with Daniel Brunskill at right guard and veteran journeymen Ben Garland at center until Weston Richburg returns. In that case, the 49ers will need their offensive tackles to play to their potential. The blocking has trickled over into the running game. Yes, the offense averaged 5.8 yards per carry against Philadelphia. The running backs had 17 carries for 60 yards. There are no rushing lanes for them to run through. Everyone must improve upfront if the 49ers are going to be playing in January, or it won’t matter who is throwing or carrying the ball.

Overreaction: The 49ers receiving corps still lacks depth

We saw from an athleticism standpoint from the 49ers pass-catchers a glimpse of the future, and, boy, was it exciting. Brandon Aiyuk soared threw the air after breaking a tackle on a 38-yard touchdown. He’s still coming along as a wide receiver, but that was his third game as a pro. Aiyuk finished with two receptions for 18 yards on five targets and had a critical diving catch that converted the first down towards the end of the game.

Deebo Samuel couldn’t have been in great playing shape as he didn’t start the game’s final drive. Samuel subbed in but also subbed back out during the drive. It’s hard not to be infatuated with Samuel’s style of play. Players bounce off Deebo when they try to tackle him. He fights for every yard and is a pain to bring down. Samuel had one carry for 10 yards and caught all three of his targets for 35 yards. He’s practiced three times this season.

George Kittle does a fantastic job of reminding you how valuable he is when he plays. The 49ers threw the ball to Kittle 15 times against the Eagles. He caught all 15, including a touchdown and a crucial 38-yard reception where he beat a Philadelphia defensive back on a wheel route. Kittle had a play where he casually stiff-armed another defensive back to the ground. You know Kittle’s going to do something special when he touches the ball, and he never fails to impress.

He had a drop that we’ll discuss later, but Kendrick Bourne as your No. 4 threat is ideal for all parties, and that means he will take advantage of those matchups as well. Four reliable pass-catchers are plenty for this offense to move the ball once Garoppolo returns.

Overreaction: Nick Mullens should be released!

Remember when Mullens impressed you in his debut against a bad defense then quickly reminded you why he was a backup after that? Well, it feels like deja vu. Mullens is an impressive backup quarterback, but we know how pressure affects even the good starting quarterbacks—see Garoppolo, Jimmy—so what did we think would happen with Mullens? I’m seeing more backlash for the backup quarterback after the Eagles game than the starter after Week 1, and for the life of me, I can’t understand why.

Mullens missed a slant to Kendrick Bourne off the bat, where there was a gaping window to hit Bourne. On the next play, Shanahan dialed up a fullback wheel to Kyle Juszczyk. All of the Eagles defenders ran with Brandon AIyuk, leaving Juice and about 40 yards of room to run. After that, I’m not sure Mullens ever got his confidence back. The plan was never to start Mullens for multiple games. If you knew he would start before the season, you’d figure there would be a few “oh site decorum” moments. We had a few of those Sunday night. Mullens shouldn’t be released, but if the Niners are going to compete, they can’t have Mullens’ type of mistakes against the Eagles. They were backbreaking and soul-crushing all in one.

Overreaction: Saleh Sucks!

Carson Wentz and three wide receivers that you’ve never heard of should not beat the 49ers defense that took the field. I’m not arguing against that, and I’m not sure anyone should. That does not mean the 49ers’ defense played poorly. They played plenty good enough to win. Wentz had a few impressive scrambles where he extended and made a play, but he did not throw the ball well. Statistically, C.J. Beathard had a higher EPA/play, quarterback rating, and completion percentage over expectation.

The Eagles averaged 4.5 yards per play, went 4-for-13 on third down, turned it over, and only averaged 3.3 yards per carry. Wentz’s scrambles, losing contain on a few plays, and the Eagles converting both of their fourth downs were the difference. It’s naive to expect the 49ers defense to play flawlessly in the spots that they were put in. The defense allowed only two of the Eagles 10 drives to go for more than 60 yards. The offense failed to convert an interception into points. Even worse, they went three-and-out, and Philly scored on the next possession. When the defense took over after an interception, they forced the Eagles to punt.

There are a lot of fingers to point, and yes, there is no excuse to give up long touchdowns to—*looks up Eagles Roster*—Travis Fulgham, but when you consider how many injuries that are on this side of the ball at the two most important positions on the field makes it hard to fault the 49ers defense.

What’s next?

The 49ers need to get back to playing complementary football. Injuries have made it impossible for players to get on the same page with one another, and those issues are starting to show more and more. Health will help, but it’s not fair or realistic to assume that once the starters return, that’ll fix all of San Francisco’s problems. It starts with playing better upfront on both sides of the ball. Too many missed blocks on one side, and too often does the defense lose contain on the other.

We’re going to find out what kind of fight this team has in them. During October, the 49ers will get back their starting quarterback, center, and running back. Raheem Mostert’s game-changing speed helps mask some offensive woes. Richburg keeps Jimmy G upright, and the ceiling for the offense triples when Garoppolo is under center. They’ll also get back their starting cornerbacks and Ronald Blair, who the Niners could desperately use.

The 49ers season is far from over. They were never going to run through their schedule as the team did last year. At 2-2, with their backs against the wall and a brutal stretch of games on the horizon, San Francisco needs to play like the team that is the aggressor that is constantly on the attack instead of letting their opponent hang around. Health will help, but the style of play must improve.

For #### sake, K'Waun Williams to go on 3 week IR for a knee sprain.

It just never stops.

Phinsfan here, looking forward to the game this weekend.

We are weak at the Tackle spots on the OL, you all have had some major injuries at the DE/DL spots. 

We have a pretty revamped secondary and it has been doing a decent job vs good receivers, Kittle is a whole other beast. You all have a starting QB that might be back this week after a Week 2 high ankle sprain vs the Jets? 

We have to travel cross country but crowd noise likely not an issue. 

Y'all are a really good team and franchise, well run and managed, we are not. 

Good Luck this week, we traditionally have never done well at Candlestick..I mean whatever the new place is called. 

How's your alls pass rush? Our OTs, despite being Williams and McGlinchey, played poorly against the Eagles. No time for Mullins to pass at all. They looked lazy and uninterested. Need to snap out of that. 

Hopefully Jimmy G and Mostert will be ready to roll. We seem deep at RB but we really need Mostert in there I believe. 

Hopefully your Dolphins keep heading in the right direction. Got some exciting young talent on that roster. 

How's your alls pass rush? Our OTs, despite being Williams and McGlinchey, played poorly against the Eagles. No time for Mullins to pass at all. They looked lazy and uninterested. Need to snap out of that. 

Hopefully Jimmy G and Mostert will be ready to roll. We seem deep at RB but we really need Mostert in there I believe. 

Hopefully your Dolphins keep heading in the right direction. Got some exciting young talent on that roster. 
Pass rush? Pretty mediocre I would say. You all should be able to expose a suspect front 7. Most teams ran the ball pretty well on us. 

The Kevin White move is surprising. I wonder if he will actually see the field Sunday. He was flexed so he will go back to the practice squad after the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/10/49ers-call-up-kevin-white-place-ziggy-ansah-and-kwaun-williams-on-ir/

The 49ers have made a series of roster moves ahead of Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

Defensive end Ziggy Ansah and cornerback K'Waun Williams have been placed on injured reserve. Head coach Kyle Shanahan indicated both moves would be coming as Ansah’s biceps injury is a season-ender and Williams is set to miss multiple weeks after hurting his knee.

The team filled one roster spot by signing cornerback Jamar Taylor off the practice squad. They also flexed cornerback Brian Allen to the active roster for Sunday only. Dontae Johnson and Emmanuel Moseley are also out for Sunday’s game, so the Niners needed some help at corner.

Wide receiver Kevin White was also flexed to the roster. The 2015 first-round pick could play in a regular season game for the first time since he was with the Bears in 2018.

Jamar Taylor is taking K'Waun Williams' spot at nickel corner.

Starting CBs should be Verrett and Witherspoon.

All 3 starting linebackers are a go. So glad to get Greenlaw back.

Deebo and Mosteet should be good to go per Schefter.

This is the week our offense needs to get going. If the O-line shows up today we will roll. 

#49ers inactives:

* QB Nick Mullens

* CB Emmanuel Moseley (concussion)

* CB Dontae Johnson (groin)

* WR Dante Pettis

* G Tom Compton

* TE Daniel Helm

2019 may end up looking like one heck of an outlier for this franchise, sadly. I’m not sure what the roadmap is back to relevance if Jimmy genuinely just sucks and isn’t playing hurt, but it’s probably a 2-3 year plan. 

Not sure what to even say here. This team is terrible right now, and QB isn't their only problem. The O-line needs an overhaul for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if they're rated the worst in the league.

Losing Bosa and Ford (as well as all the other injuries) was just too much to overcome on defense, and Im sure Ford won't be back next season.

It's gonna be a looong 12 more weeks. Myself, I'm used to this team sucking, so I see last season as a pleasant surprise and a fun ride...but now it's back to mediocrity, at least until next season.

Sigh. 

farfromforgotten said:
Getting pasted by the Dolphins. This team should be a double digit underdog in the next 7 games. Pathetic. 
Fixed. 

My original comment was made at 14-0 when I stopped watching. I could tell it was going to be a long day but there is no excuse for this. This team is going to get embarrassed on National TV against the Rams next week. I don't see any possible way we can win in the next 7 games (Rams, Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, Saints, Rams, and Bills if I remember correctly). 

Who you all want in the draft? 

Fixed. 

My original comment was made at 14-0 when I stopped watching. I could tell it was going to be a long day but there is no excuse for this. This team is going to get embarrassed on National TV against the Rams next week. I don't see any possible way we can win in the next 7 games (Rams, Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, Saints, Rams, and Bills if I remember correctly). 

Who you all want in the draft? 
O-line, QB, and CB should do it.

Good win for your Phins, MoP. We're going to be pretty salty in here for a while. Ugh. 
Definitely wouldn't rub it in, you all lost a bunch of guys Week 2 and fought bravely, you'll rebound. 

Maybe you find out Jimmy G isn't the long term answer, but if not then where do you turn? The Draft? Just questions...

I was happy we played well, the OL looked improved pass protection but we exploited that #48-Allen, whatever brought him to the point he is the starter, you all must be hurting something awful in the Secondary. He made a bunch of mistakes. 

Cheers and good luck the rest of the way, big feather in our cap even if it's a low point for a lot of the SF fans. 

Apparently this defense doesn’t function without two all pro DEs, so that should be at the top of the list too. 
We will have Bosa back next season, and I think Hyder will be a fine replacement for Ford.

I may have jumped the "Jimmy sucks" gun a bit out of frustration...The O line is the main issue with the offense IMO...theyre not giving the QB(s) time so plays can develop and they can go thru their reads, the pocket is being collapsed and theyre getting harrassed immediately. 

If it doesn't get fixed like NOW, they won't win many more games.

Users who are viewing this thread