Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Are we already living in a dictatorship?

Skoo

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Prove it’s false please.  

Why?  I said I doubt it...and given the source’s history...I am pretty confident.  However...had I stated as fact it is just false...then asking me to prove it would be prudent.  Some type of gotcha here seems misplaced.

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Why?  I said I doubt it...and given the source’s history...I am pretty confident.  However...had I stated as fact it is just false...then asking me to prove it would be prudent.  Some type of gotcha here seems misplaced.

So it’s probably best for you not to respond if you are just grasping at air.  

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

You should. You’ve expressed yourself here as a conservative. We need more conservatives attacking conspiracy theories right now. 

We need more human beings ignoring conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

Sure but right now, in January 2021 we need more conservatives. That is because millions of conservatives believe the lie that the Presidential election was won by Trump and stolen. There is no leftist conspiracy that rivals this- certainly not now, probably not ever. It’s the biggest and most dangerous conspiracy theory in American history. That’s why we need thoughtful conservatives to speak out: right now, not later. And not against leftist lies or leftist conspiracies- those pale in comparison. They need to speak out against Trump’s big lie. 

Edited by timschochet

10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Sure but right now, in January 2021 we need more conservatives. That is because millions of conservatives believe the lie that the Presidential election was won by Trump and stolen. There is no leftist conspiracy that rivals this- certainly not now, probably not ever. It’s the biggest and most dangerous conspiracy theory in American history. That’s why we need thoughtful conservatives to speak out: right now, not later. And not against leftist lies or leftist conspiracies- those pale in comparison. They need to speak out against Trump’s big lie. 

I'm of two minds about this.  I agree that many people believe this but I'm not positive which way this plays out and which is "better" for the U.S. in the long-term.

Either way - I would ask you this.  Who, other than Trump himself, could come out and say it's lies and they would be believed?  I don't think there's a politician that fits that bill - maybe Rush or Hannity but I don't think even them.  There's not a single person other than Trump that could "fix it" and there's no chance he would.  Might as well just move on and hope it splinters the party even further.

I'm basing my opinion on my Mother and Step-father.  They are totally brainwashed in to believing that Trump won.  They have started to abandon Fox News and have bought all the crazy talk about Brian Kemp in Georgia.  They legitimately want Trump to start his own party.  It's amazing and sad.  If there's many more of folks like them then the GOP is in serious trouble in the next 4-8 years.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Why?  Because you just spent several hours asking other people to prove their opinions.  He's just asking you to do the same.  Get it now?

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I'm of two minds about this.  I agree that many people believe this but I'm not positive which way this plays out and which is "better" for the U.S. in the long-term.

Either way - I would ask you this.  Who, other than Trump himself, could come out and say it's lies and they would be believed?  I don't think there's a politician that fits that bill - maybe Rush or Hannity but I don't think even them.  There's not a single person other than Trump that could "fix it" and there's no chance he would.  Might as well just move on and hope it splinters the party even further.

I'm basing my opinion on my Mother and Step-father.  They are totally brainwashed in to believing that Trump won.  They have started to abandon Fox News and have bought all the crazy talk about Brian Kemp in Georgia.  They legitimately want Trump to start his own party.  It's amazing and sad.  If there's many more of folks like them then the GOP is in serious trouble in the next 4-8 years.

We need more conservatives like @tonydeadto say that it’s all crap. 

13 minutes ago, timschochet said:

A) You really didn't expect Trump to loose and go quietly did you?

B) It's not the most dangerous conspiracy theory in history, most people have already moved on.

C) It's February.

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I'm not positive but I don't think my Mom knows Tony   :oldunsure:  

I promise you that a couple million Tony's could come along and it wouldn't change her mind.

And this is where I'm saying I'm not sure if it's a bad thing long-term.  I'm not sure anybody does tbh.

• Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, timschochet said:

do you remember what Democrats said about 2016 ? Do you remember what Hillary said and has held to all this time? 

there was a thread right here that basically was would you rather have a recession and no Trump than a booming economy with Trump and ya'll voted recession

THAT is the most dangerous thing I've ever seen and might be in the history of the USA - hating someone so much that you'd wish every American years of economic hardships .... I mean wow

As for the 2020 election I 100% believe there is no way Biden got that many votes. Never, no possible way, no how, no way. Never. Ever. You can call it whatever you want, but it simply isn't believable.

That's not dangerous, its not a lie ......... its something that tens of millions also believe and that will help shape better elections in the future with more transparency and hopefully integrity because right now, nobody 50% of the population doesn't trust the election process in the USA. That's a GOOD thing

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Yep. It's going to get worse before it gets better but the only way we will move forward is if they fracture. Dismiss the nonsense, welcome those that finally say 'enough' with open arms, and hope dems don't #### it up too badly in the meantime. We can get back to our regularly scheduled political squabbles sometime after this version of the republican party is no longer a thing.

I don't have any confidence we actually do that, but that's the path. Choice is ours.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, timschochet said:

And you didn't answer my question - unless you really think 2 million tony's would make a difference.  I don't - and again, I don't think anyone short of Trump himself would do.  Not Graham or McConnell or Cruz - none of them matter and quite frankly, that's why they are scared of Trump and won't denounce him.  I'm convinced if they thought by speaking up they could rid themselves of Trump and still keep his supporters they would do it in a heartbeat.  They can't because too many of the supporters are too far gone in this discussion.  As MAC says, you have to hope they fracture and the sane conservatives can regain control.

Edited by AAABatteries

Just now, AAABatteries said:

And you didn't answer my question - unless you really think 2 million tony's would make a difference.  I don't - and again, I don't think anyone short of Trump himself would do.  Not Graham or McConnell or Cruz - none of them matter and quite frankly, that's why they are scared of Trump and won't denounce him.  I'm convinced if they though by speaking up they could rid themselves of Trump and still keep his supporters they would do it in a heartbeat.  They can't because too many of them are too far gone in this discussion.  As MAC says, you have to hope they fracture and the sane conservatives can regain control.

You're seriously underestimating my influence with mom's around the country.  

• Laughing 3

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I'd say the Russian hoax is on par.  And by that I mean tying Trump to the Russian meddling, and the Dems claiming Trump was elected illegitimately......Obama admin spying on Trump campaign?  In some ways one could come to the conclusion that Trump's stolen election conspiracy was born of the above....i mean the Dems were kinda dead set on taking Trump down from the get-go

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

Why?  Because you just spent several hours asking other people to prove their opinions.  He's just asking you to do the same.  Get it now?

I dont believe this is  an accurate observation of what I have done.
 You proclaimed something a conspiracy theory Qanon level...with zero reasoning about it.

I stated I doubt a story because of the dubious history of the source.  Had I just proclaimed his link was conspiracy theory...Od have done the same as you and Id expect me to prove why...I did not, however, do so.

So no...he is actually asking me to do differently...but not unexpected.

2 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

https://qz.com/1966876/how-joe-bidens-executive-orders-compare-to-other-presidents/

record executive orders and presidential memo's

gotta call King Biden what he is - ruling by stroke of the pen, law of the land. I don't know what else we'd call it :( 

Isn't Joe the one who called Trump a dictator for issuing so many EO's?  So if he surpassed Trump, what does that make him?

Edited by BladeRunner

Once again...a number alone is not an indicator of anything.  The content is.  Same thing with pardons.  Its not necessarily about the quantity...its about what is in them.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I dont believe this is  an accurate observation of what I have done.
 You proclaimed something a conspiracy theory Qanon level...with zero reasoning about it.

I stated I doubt a story because of the dubious history of the source.  Had I just proclaimed his link was conspiracy theory...Od have done the same as you and Id expect me to prove why...I did not, however, do so.

So no...he is actually asking me to do differently...but not unexpected.

I didn't proclaim anything.  I gave my opinion on another poster's conspiracy theory.  You are having trouble distinguishing the difference.

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I didn't proclaim anything.  I gave my opinion on another poster's conspiracy theory.  You are having trouble distinguishing the difference.

Except...I dont believe his post was a conspiracy theory and you deemed it as such and stated it more as fact than you did opinion.  Which has deflected long enough...have fun.

Edited by sho nuff

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

As a logic experiment. Hypothically.

If it turns out after forensic audits that the election  was in fact fraud.   Would that mean you are lying about the election results.

46 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Except...I dont believe his post was a conspiracy theory and you deemed it as such and stated it more as fact than you did opinion.  Which has deflected long enough...have fun.

The deemed it as such and stated it more as a fact is in your head.  Nowhere else. 

35 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If this is true (never can trust Breitbart) that’s a really good thing. Should have been done months ago and thousands of lives would have been saved. 

Not really.  It's a slippery slope.  I don't want the federal govt to have any more power - not even an ounce - than it has today.

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Honestly, they should be more ashamed of using a dead meme, but considering that people acquainted with these symbols stormed a government building last month to try and halt a properly conducted election, I’m not too upset at this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 2:25 PM, MAC_32 said:

This.  

I used to debate with my conservative friends in person and online over this stuff.  It's the same as it is here.  You're not changing minds.  They're going to dig in and say you have an agenda blah blah.

Responding to/debating the conspiracy gives them wings.  If everyone ignored these things when people post them, they'd be less prominent. You're not going to stop the Q'anon Right-wingers from thinking what they think at this point.  But you can stop the board pollution by not engaging with it over and over.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, jm192 said:

This.  

I used to debate with my conservative friends in person and online over this stuff.  It's the same as it is here.  You're not changing minds.  They're going to dig in and say you have an agenda blah blah.

Responding to/debating the conspiracy gives them wings.  If everyone ignored these things when people post them, they'd be less prominent. You're not going to stop the Q'anon Right-wingers from thinking what they think at this point.  But you can stop the board pollution by not engaging with it over and over.

Yeah, this is tone-deaf at best.

Need I remind you of the last 4 years of Russian Hookers, Pee Tapes, Anonymous sources and Russian Collusion?  Don't pretend is just a Q'Anon thing.  The left has been HEAVILY invested in conspiracy theories for quite some time now.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, jm192 said:

This.  

Read this here as it is applies to what you're talking about

On 2/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, this is tone-deaf at best.

Need I remind you of the last 4 years of Russian Hookers, Pee Tapes, Anonymous sources and Russian Collusion?  Don't pretend is just a Q'Anon thing.  The left has been HEAVILY invested in conspiracy theories for quite some time now.

It's only called a "conspiracy theory" by the side that doesn't believe it.  

My question is, are all the conspiracies true on one side, and not the other?  Cuz both sides make a strong argument that they are the good guys.

One thing I do know is the left has really overplayed their hand on all the ism's.......calling ordinary folks racists and white supremacists is not going to ilicit any sort of viable dialogue.....it's pure insanity.

Tucker Carlson from the link: "This is an example of...why...partisanship is stupid and makes people stupid..."

Sure, Tucker and Naomi. That's what this is all about. Transcending partisanship to proffer hack ideas about what a dictatorship looks like. Glad you got over your previous stupidity in order to bring us these nuggets of wisdom from the back alleys of recouping one's publishing advance.

It’s very ironic that supporters of the party purporting to stand for freedom is willing to violate any tenet of that freedom to attempt(and fail) to install a failed attempt at a dictator.

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Kal El said:

It’s very ironic that supporters of the party purporting to stand for freedom is willing to violate any tenet of that freedom to attempt(and fail) to install a failed attempt at a dictator.

Freedom is slavery.