Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Are we already living in a dictatorship?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He hasn't gone full dictator yet. He's dictator-curious.

If the senate is controlled by the same party as the executive, and if the majority party of the senate is not willing to use checks and balances, there effectively are no checks and balances.  A

No. /thread

Its not a military occupation.

Seems they have been requested by Capitol Police.  Should we not respect law enforcement now when they are requesting the backup?  Perhaps if that backup came sooner on January 6th...things would have been better protected.

Edited by sho nuff

It’s very strange how “the requested presence of the national guard due to the threat of a second insurrection” somehow equals “military occupation.” Good news is that they aren’t equal at all.

11 minutes ago, Kal El said:

It’s very strange how “the requested presence of the national guard due to the threat of a second insurrection” somehow equals “military occupation.” Good news is that they aren’t equal at all.

I don't think its strange.  The word is used to try and rile people up (my bad for reacting).  Similar to why "Father" gets used with Trump...and those who complain about biased news post links to the most extreme right biased sites out there.  Its :fishing:

15 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Link to threat.  Republicans are trying to get answers about this “threat” and are not getting them.  

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I don't think its strange.  The word is used to try and rile people up (my bad for reacting).  Similar to why "Father" gets used with Trump...and those who complain about biased news post links to the most extreme right biased sites out there.  Its :fishing:

:tinfoilhat:

I use Father Trump to distinguish between him and Jr. who is also wildly popular in political circles.  

• Laughing 1

"Quick Reaction Force"...does this sound vaguely like the Nazi SS Squad less than 100 years ago? 

There are like 25+ different agencies in the DC area such as the FBI, ATF(real SOBs), the CIA, DC Police, County Police, State Police, Capitol Police, All 4 branches of the Armed Services, they got missiles up there and now they need an additional quick reaction force to go door by door and shut down any outburst of energy or pushback from free thinking Americans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
32 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

:tinfoilhat:

I use Father Trump to distinguish between him and Jr. who is also wildly popular in political circles.  

Why capitalized?  Come on..:nobody is mistaking him for Jr.  who really isn't all that popular.

11 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

"Quick Reaction Force"...does this sound vaguely like the Nazi SS Squad less than 100 years ago? 

There are like 25+ different agencies in the DC area such as the FBI, ATF(real SOBs), the CIA, DC Police, County Police, State Police, Capitol Police, All 4 branches of the Armed Services, they got missiles up there and now they need an additional quick reaction force to go door by door and shut down any outburst of energy or pushback from free thinking Americans. 

Who is going door by door?  They were  requested to stay by Capitol Police.

27 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

The troops, the fencing, the cancelling, the EO’s.  It’s all about optics.  The Democrats are in control. Comply or face the consequences.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Link to threat.  Republicans are trying to get answers about this “threat” and are not getting them.  

First, the first threat happened less than 2 months ago and was egged on by the former president. Second, any link I post wouldn’t be believed because it wouldn’t come from Breitbart or another site I wouldn’t even deign to line a birdcage with because it would insult the bird.

5 minutes ago, Kal El said:

First, the first threat happened less than 2 months ago and was egged on by the former president. Second, any link I post wouldn’t be believed because it wouldn’t come from Breitbart or another site I wouldn’t even deign to line a birdcage with because it would insult the bird.

So long story short is you have nothing.  

• Love 1

The troops, the fencing, the cancelling, the EO’s.  It’s all about optics.  The Democrats are in control. Comply or face the consequences.   

Face what consequences?  The democrats aren’t canceling things.  EOs were to reverse the bad Trump EOs. As expected.

13 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Nothing that supports the Qanon view, anyway. Tons of stuff at least closer to the truth.

Nor do you have a thing to prove its an occupying force or not necessary based on request from law enforcement.

Edited by sho nuff
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Translate please 

No instead of not...thought the context would make that easy enough.  But there you go.

Same thing we do everytime there is an attack or major event: overreact and get extra protective. It’s just human nature. A persons house gets robbed and the police arrest the burglar. The homeowner is still likely to get an alarm system or buy a dog. We don’t question them if they have a credible threat that their house will be robbed again then. It’s just human behavior. I don’t think this has anything to do with “canceling” One Fish Two Fish or whatever.

I second the motion that we're in a thread about a Trump dictatorship and yet it's a Democrat administration that is closer than ever, using some ginned up "threat" to keep the military around.

These are the same guys that point fingers about QAnon yet believed in pee tapes, Russian hookers and collusion theories as well as any anit-trump tweet was considered DE-FACTO fact.

This is absurd.

• Thanks 1

The attempt to paint the left as believing in pee tapes beyond mocking and laughing at that part of the dossier is laughable.

That and claiming this administration is closer to a dictator after berating posters about how bad dictators are...but now coming to the conclusion with a dem in office.

Definitely absurd.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

The attempt to paint the left as believing in pee tapes beyond mocking and laughing at that part of the dossier is laughable.

That and claiming this administration is closer to a dictator after berating posters about how bad dictators are...but now coming to the conclusion with a dem in office.

Definitely absurd.

How many pages is that thread on the debunked Russia story?   Has Biden held a press conference?  Is the military still in DC?  How many EO’s?

23 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

How many pages is that thread on the debunked Russia story?   Has Biden held a press conference?  Is the military still in DC?  How many EO’s?

A lot of pages...it was about the entire russian story.  Not sure if you realize...it was a pretty big story.  Debunked...thats funny.

Not sure if he has held a press conference.  Not sure I care either.

There are still national guard there as they stated they would be until March 12th I think...Capitol Police have requested they stay another 60 days.  Are you saying you know more about what is needed than the Capitol Police do?

A lot of EOs...many to reverse the EOs of the previous guy...as expected.  Many also little more than ceremonial things.  Its not about the number...its about what they are actually doing that matters.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:20 PM, sho nuff said:

A lot of pages...it was about the entire russian story.  Not sure if you realize...it was a pretty big story.  Debunked...thats funny.

Not sure if he has held a press conference.  Not sure I care either.

There are still national guard there as they stated they would be until March 12th I think...Capitol Police have requested they stay another 60 days.  Are you saying you know more about what is needed than the Capitol Police do?

A lot of EOs...many to reverse the EOs of the previous guy...as expected.  Many also little more than ceremonial things.  Its not about the number...its about what they are actually doing that matters.

Yea. We know. Hence Bidens entry into this thread.

35 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

You have brought this up a few times. What would you expect them to do after Jan 6th?

What is your alternative plan here?

29 minutes ago, The General said:

You have brought this up a few times. What would you expect them to do after Jan 6th?

What is your alternative plan here?

They already had armed secret service on the premises before. They have capitol police force of over 2300 officers and a budget of $430m per year to protect them.  They have the most stringent gun control laws in the country to where you can't even possess a firearm in the vicinity of the Capitol complex without them knowing about it. It is the 3rd most surveiled city in the nation as of 2019 but probably even more so now with additional cameras going up as a result of this incident. 

What exactly is going to be further prevented by having an armed military presence on full alert for the next 4 years?

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Insein said:

They already had armed secret service on the premises before. They have capitol police force of over 2300 officers and a budget of $430m per year to protect them.  They have the most stringent gun control laws in the country to where you can't even possess a firearm in the vicinity of the Capitol complex without them knowing about it. It is the 3rd most surveiled city in the nation as of 2019 but probably even more so now with additional cameras going up as a result of this incident. 

What exactly is going to be further prevented by having an armed military presence on full alert for the next 4 years?

The story says til May 23rd, we’ll see what happens after that.

The Capitol Police asked for this, do you have a problem with their judgement? How did Jan 6th happen? They were blamed them for being unprepared not they are going too far?

10 minutes ago, The General said:

The story says til May 23rd, we’ll see what happens after that.

The Capitol Police asked for this, do you have a problem with their judgement? How did Jan 6th happen? They were blamed them for being unprepared not they are going too far?

Yes we'll see what happens on May 23rd. I suspect we'll have a continually reupping for another 2-3 months every time for suspected unspecified threats for the next 4 years at least. If they stand down and the national guard is removed from DC then I will gladly be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Yes we'll see what happens on May 23rd. I suspect we'll have a continually reupping for another 2-3 months every time for suspected unspecified threats for the next 4 years at least. If they stand down and the national guard is removed from DC then I will gladly be proven wrong.

What are you implying with this? Is this some type of government takeover?

If they had this on Jan 6th would you have been opposed?

9 minutes ago, The General said:

Jan 6th happened so they can have this. 

6 hours ago, The General said:

Police forces all over America have been keeping a bunch of largely unarmed protesters at bay for the past year without federal troops  It’s been more than two months and nobody showed up and nobody will   It was one of the most secure buildings in the world on 1/5   

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Police forces all over America have been keeping a bunch of largely unarmed protesters at bay for the past year without federal troops  It’s been more than two months and nobody showed up and nobody will   It was one of the most secure buildings in the world on 1/5   

Things change. Hopefully they can remove this extra security as soon as possible. The Capitol Police asked for this extra level of security to remain. 

9 hours ago, Insein said:

You realize the Capitol Police are the ones who requested the presence remain a bit longer, right?

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You realize the Capitol Police are the ones who requested the presence remain a bit longer, right?

Of course they did. 

21 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So I think I trust them to determine their needs.

And if "they" determine they need indefinite National Guard security around the Capitol?

31 minutes ago, Insein said:

And if "they" determine they need indefinite National Guard security around the Capitol?

I don't believe they will determine that.

Do you have a problem with the Capitol Police...after being overrun by a mob...thinking they may need some extra security for a bit?  How in the world is that dictatorish...or like an occupying force as at least one other has stated?

19 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I don't believe they will determine that.

Do you have a problem with the Capitol Police...after being overrun by a mob...thinking they may need some extra security for a bit?  How in the world is that dictatorish...or like an occupying force as at least one other has stated?

If they needed it for the immediate crisis and then for the inauguration, sure. It's 2 months later now with no indication of any more threats coming but they have plans for at least 2 more months of using the national guard to defend the Capitol. I suspect it will be much longer than that but I welcome to be proven wrong come May 23rd.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Insein said:

If they needed it for the immediate crisis and then for the inauguration, sure. It's 2 months later now with no indication of any more threats coming but they have plans for at least 2 more months of using the national guard to defend the Capitol. I suspect it will be much longer than that but I welcome to be proven wrong come May 23rd.

Or maybe...just maybe they are aware of it (possible threats) more than you?

18 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Imagine if Trump called in the National Guard to occupy DC for months after the Inauguration as he pushed the MAGA agenda.  Heads would have exploded.  

You can keep repeating occupy and it wont make it true.

Also, Joe Biden didn’t order them there, did he?

Also also, for all the complaints of “but Trump” some of you Trump supporters seem to bring him up often.

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You can keep repeating occupy and it wont make it true.

Also, Joe Biden didn’t order them there, did he?

Also also, for all the complaints of “but Trump” some of you Trump supporters seem to bring him up often.

You white washing the continued occupation by the national guard of DC and the fortification of the seat of Government is not making it less appalling.  It’s cool though because it’s your team?  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

You white washing the continued occupation by the national guard of DC and the fortification of the seat of Government is not making it less appalling.  It’s cool though because it’s your team?  

This is a joke right?

They are there because he created a riot at the building they now have to have extra protection for - all based on months of lies that he is still going on about :lmao:

Great shtick!

Imagine if Trump called in the National Guard to occupy DC for months after the Inauguration as he pushed the MAGA agenda.  Heads would have exploded.  

Do you think this extra security is allowing the Dems to somehow pass legislation?

How does the extra security there do this, like if they weren’t would more lunatics enter the building to stop them from voting?

51 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The fortification was also not ordered under this POTUS.

I don't recall your dismay at such things prior to now.

And it is still not occupation...that is a false statement to continue to make.

30 minutes ago, The General said:

Do you think this extra security is allowing the Dems to somehow pass legislation?

How does the extra security there do this, like if they weren’t would more lunatics enter the building to stop them from voting?

Let’s see if the Democrats start getting into gun control while the troops are occupying DC.  

30 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

The fortification was also not ordered under this POTUS.

I don't recall your dismay at such things prior to now.

And it is still not occupation...that is a false statement to continue to make.

Link to Trump or Republicans ordering razor wire fencing and troops to DC for several month tours?