What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are we already living in a dictatorship? (2 Viewers)

Did you even read the NBC article?  It was up for a few days in preparation for the BLM/Antifa riots.  Also the hypocrisy of the Democrats in that article is comical.  Where are they now during this military occupation?
The president was advocating to stop the selection of the next president and his people rioted because of it at the Capitol. He continues to lie about it to this day. That's kind of a big deal.

It’s not even a good whataboutism. He’s comparing fencing put up for a weekend to a 5 month occupation.  
It wasn't a whataboutism as you know.  You blamed Biden for the fortification...a fortification that was put there prior to him taking office.  That piece and the links were not about the troops...as I never claimed a thing (and its still not an occupation).

They were brought in (late, I might add), because of what happened on January 6th.  Many have left, but those remaining have done so at the request of Capitol Police.  Who believe there is still a need for such forces.

It wasn't a whataboutism as you know.  You blamed Biden for the fortification...a fortification that was put there prior to him taking office.  That piece and the links were not about the troops...as I never claimed a thing (and its still not an occupation).

They were brought in (late, I might add), because of what happened on January 6th.  Many have left, but those remaining have done so at the request of Capitol Police.  Who believe there is still a need for such forces.
I’m old enough to remember a President strong enough to tell a foreign country to “tear down that wall.”   If Biden wanted the wall down, he could have it down in hours.   

Trump supporters

The attack on the capitol only happened because of such terrible security. A three year old could have broken through those gates

Also Trump supporters

How dare they beef up security. That is a public building and we pay their salaries. What are they afraid of?

I’m old enough to remember a President strong enough to tell a foreign country to “tear down that wall.”   If Biden wanted the wall down, he could have it down in hours.   
So you now concede it was not him that "fortified" things.

Apparently this POTUS, privy to all security briefings, believes what his Capitol Police are telling them about needing the extra support and agrees they should stay there.  Not sure how long the fencing as of yet.

So you now concede it was not him that "fortified" things.

Apparently this POTUS, privy to all security briefings, believes what his Capitol Police are telling them about needing the extra support and agrees they should stay there.  Not sure how long the fencing as of yet.
Well Trump was privy to all of those briefings also and look where that got him.

Well Trump was privy to all of those briefings also and look where that got him.
But there was also plenty of information that Trump rarely listened to such things.  And Id guess after the election even less so.

And people can read all they want about his mindset that day as well.

The fact remains...the capitol appears to have not been properly secured that day.  Capitol Police are requesting the guard stays a little longer.

That is far from "occupation".

But there was also plenty of information that Trump rarely listened to such things.  And Id guess after the election even less so.

And people can read all they want about his mindset that day as well.

The fact remains...the capitol appears to have not been properly secured that day.  Capitol Police are requesting the guard stays a little longer.

That is far from "occupation".
That’s my point - he had plenty of info for anything.  He chose to turn his job into a reality show as time went on.  When you do little for the people you expect to help you, it doesn’t end well....and it didn’t.  

So the article admits there were no credible threats.  I expect @sho nuff to be coming in to clear up his falsehoods soon.  
No current credible threats.  Does not indicate whether there were not any...or whether they were investigating threats to determine what threats there will be.

Nothing I stated was false.  HTH

Also...an odd way of admitting it was all temporary and not some occupation or sign of a dictatorship.

No current credible threats.  Does not indicate whether there were not any...or whether they were investigating threats to determine what threats there will be.

Nothing I stated was false.  HTH

Also...an odd way of admitting it was all temporary and not some occupation or sign of a dictatorship.
Troops are still occupying DC.  They just modified some fencing so you are wrong on both accounts.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  They point out someone pushing a false narrative.  Be better.  TIA.  

Troops are still occupying DC.  They just modified some fencing so you are wrong on both accounts.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  They point out someone pushing a false narrative.  Be better.  TIA.  
They are scaling back..but they are not, nor were they ever "occupying" DC.

Seems the only one pushing a false narrative is you.

So the article admits there were no credible threats.  I expect @sho nuff to be coming in to clear up his falsehoods soon.  
They now say they have no threats that require the full fencing. Hopefully Trump won’t cause another riot and it can be fully removed soon. 

Did you not see Jan 6th?

What is it you think the extra police, National Guard are doing there?

They now say they have no threats that require the full fencing. Hopefully Trump won’t cause another riot and it can be fully removed soon. 

Did you not see Jan 6th?

Hopefully CNN is done paying instigators $35,000 to infiltrate a peaceful rally and rile up a few bad seeds.  

I think they are being used as a show of force as a radical left wing agenda is pushed forward.  Why else would we now have military leaders voicing political opinions publicly?

Hopefully CNN is done paying instigators $35,000 to infiltrate a peaceful rally and rile up a few bad seeds.  

I think they are being used as a show of force as a radical left wing agenda is pushed forward.  Why else would we now have military leaders voicing political opinions publicly?
I don't think you believe any of this :lol:

Yes..that is why the riot happend...the riling up.  Just a laughable far right talking point really.

As is a claim that there is some radical left wing agenda that requires the guard there.  Come on man.

Did you not see Jan 6th?

I've also seen Portland, Chicago, Seattle and numerous other cities that had insurrections.  Did we call the National Guard then?

I've also seen Portland, Chicago, Seattle and numerous other cities that had insurrections.  Did we call the National Guard then?
Seattle activated the National Guard in Late May IIRC. Not sure about the other cities. 

Are you saying that they should or shouldn’t protect the Capitol or these cities?

Seattle activated the National Guard in Late May IIRC. Not sure about the other cities. 

Are you saying that they should or shouldn’t protect the Capitol or these cities?
They should only protect the capital if it needs protecting.  Not with some fake excuse about some fake threat.

They should only protect the capital if it needs protecting.  Not with some fake excuse about some fake threat.
The FBI said they had like 2000 active domestic terrorist investigations going just last month. Like double they had going after 9/11.

Do you think they are making this up? 

Trump supporters

The attack on the capitol only happened because of such terrible security. A three year old could have broken through those gates

Also Trump supporters

How dare they beef up security. That is a public building and we pay their salaries. What are they afraid of?
They aren’t Trump supporters. They’re Americans. They’re your brothers sisters, mothers and fathers.

Both sides are full of crap and we have much bigger problems going on than fences, who did what and who is responsible for this or that.

We are a crumbling empire and this is more serious than climate change, gun control, or race relations in this country. 

We are headed for a war against a massive populace that doesn’t play by our rules. We are already at war, just not militarily yet.

I suggest we all stop pointing the finger at each other and start reaching out with olive branches.

This thread was begun by liberals asking this question. Now apparently it’s conservatives who are asking the question. 

The answer is still no. 

They aren’t Trump supporters. They’re Americans. They’re your brothers sisters, mothers and fathers.

Both sides are full of crap and we have much bigger problems going on than fences, who did what and who is responsible for this or that.

We are a crumbling empire and this is more serious than climate change, gun control, or race relations in this country. 

We are headed for a war against a massive populace that doesn’t play by our rules. We are already at war, just not militarily yet.

I suggest we all stop pointing the finger at each other and start reaching out with olive branches.
We’re not already at war. We’re not going to war (against China.) 

Bill Maher rant on China

Worth a listen if you have not heard already. 

The FBI said they had like 2000 active domestic terrorist investigations going just last month. Like double they had going after 9/11.

Do you think they are making this up? 
So, like, 1000 active threats doesn't need the National Guard but 2000 does?  1000 also seems like a lot, no?

So, like, 1000 active threats doesn't need the National Guard but 2000 does?  1000 also seems like a lot, no?
Do you think the National Guard should help or not?

What is the implication that you are making with the extra security being taken (and now reduced) around the Capitol? 

Yes 1000 is a lot, 2000 is crazy. That number was shocking to me as there are double what there were right after 9/11. These extremists are posing a very real threat. 

killface said:
It's an excellent rant for sure and it is the larger issue at play globally

They are taking over the world while we bicker over children's books.  

The amount of money that has been shipped to China and the middle east should have never been allowed to happen
How about the money we spend on elections at all levels?

We’re not already at war. We’re not going to war (against China.) 
We're sort of at war. China is doing things and has done things (and so have we) that used to trigger the old "acts of war" doctrine, if my understanding is correct. It's just that we're a mutually assured destruction threat, so that sort of keeps everything under wraps.

I never thought the specter of nuclear war would hang over our lives like it did in the Cold War, but it certainly does today, in my estimation.

Biden pressuring MLB to pull the ASG out of Georgia to punish his political enemies is NOT something a dictator would do   

Are troops still occupying DC?

Users who are viewing this thread