Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Are we already living in a dictatorship?

22 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Let’s see if the Democrats start getting into gun control while the troops are occupying DC.  

Would the Capitol be stormed again if the troops weren’t there or something? Odd takes here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He hasn't gone full dictator yet. He's dictator-curious.

If the senate is controlled by the same party as the executive, and if the majority party of the senate is not willing to use checks and balances, there effectively are no checks and balances.  A

No. /thread

30 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Link to Trump or Republicans ordering razor wire fencing and troops to DC for several month tours?

What I stated was the fortification was not ordered under him.

But yes...there were plenty of fencing done under the previous administration.  I don't recall the complaints from you all about this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-adds-new-fencing-around-perimeter-n1225296

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/02/white-house-non-scaleable-fence-election

There are articles on multiple news sources about this.

Also...I don't recall claiming they ordered Troops to DC for several month tours either.  Other than right after January 6th (after waiting a bit too long to bring them in that day).

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

What I stated was the fortification was not ordered under him.

But yes...there were plenty of fencing done under the previous administration.  I don't recall the complaints from you all about this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-adds-new-fencing-around-perimeter-n1225296

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/02/white-house-non-scaleable-fence-election

There are articles on multiple news sources about this.

Also...I don't recall claiming they ordered Troops to DC for several month tours either.  Other than right after January 6th (after waiting a bit too long to bring them in that day).

Did you even read the NBC article?  It was up for a few days in preparation for the BLM/Antifa riots.  Also the hypocrisy of the Democrats in that article is comical.  Where are they now during this military occupation?

53 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Did you even read the NBC article?  It was up for a few days in preparation for the BLM/Antifa riots.  Also the hypocrisy of the Democrats in that article is comical.  Where are they now during this military occupation?

Ive read plenty of articles.  Building walls and fences in DC is nothing new.

57 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

The president was advocating to stop the selection of the next president and his people rioted because of it at the Capitol. He continues to lie about it to this day. That's kind of a big deal.

7 hours ago, sho nuff said:

But yes...there were plenty of fencing done under the previous administration.  I don't recall the complaints from you 

Can I get a link from you agreeing whataboutism is a good thing.

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Can I get a link from you agreeing whataboutism is a good thing.

I provided a couple above. Plenty more where those came from as well.  Also, if you follow the conversation, it wasn’t a whataboutism either. 

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

I provided a couple above. Plenty more where those came from as well.  Also, if you follow the conversation, it wasn’t a whataboutism either. 

So you are good with whataboutism!   Good.   We agree.

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

So you are good with whataboutism!   Good.   We agree.

It wasn’t a whataboutism.  Again...follow the conversation vs chiming in midstream.

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

This isn't  whataboutism? 

When the discussion is about who ordered the fortifications.  No. Its a response to then conversation that was ongoing. 

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s not even a good whataboutism. He’s comparing fencing put up for a weekend to a 5 month occupation.  

It wasn't a whataboutism as you know.  You blamed Biden for the fortification...a fortification that was put there prior to him taking office.  That piece and the links were not about the troops...as I never claimed a thing (and its still not an occupation).

They were brought in (late, I might add), because of what happened on January 6th.  Many have left, but those remaining have done so at the request of Capitol Police.  Who believe there is still a need for such forces.

14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

It wasn't a whataboutism as you know.  You blamed Biden for the fortification...a fortification that was put there prior to him taking office.  That piece and the links were not about the troops...as I never claimed a thing (and its still not an occupation).

They were brought in (late, I might add), because of what happened on January 6th.  Many have left, but those remaining have done so at the request of Capitol Police.  Who believe there is still a need for such forces.

I’m old enough to remember a President strong enough to tell a foreign country to “tear down that wall.”   If Biden wanted the wall down, he could have it down in hours.   

Trump supporters

The attack on the capitol only happened because of such terrible security. A three year old could have broken through those gates

Also Trump supporters

How dare they beef up security. That is a public building and we pay their salaries. What are they afraid of?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I’m old enough to remember a President strong enough to tell a foreign country to “tear down that wall.”   If Biden wanted the wall down, he could have it down in hours.   

So you now concede it was not him that "fortified" things.

Apparently this POTUS, privy to all security briefings, believes what his Capitol Police are telling them about needing the extra support and agrees they should stay there.  Not sure how long the fencing as of yet.

19 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So you now concede it was not him that "fortified" things.

Apparently this POTUS, privy to all security briefings, believes what his Capitol Police are telling them about needing the extra support and agrees they should stay there.  Not sure how long the fencing as of yet.

Well Trump was privy to all of those briefings also and look where that got him.

1 minute ago, FairWarning said:

Well Trump was privy to all of those briefings also and look where that got him.

But there was also plenty of information that Trump rarely listened to such things.  And Id guess after the election even less so.

And people can read all they want about his mindset that day as well.

The fact remains...the capitol appears to have not been properly secured that day.  Capitol Police are requesting the guard stays a little longer.

That is far from "occupation".

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

But there was also plenty of information that Trump rarely listened to such things.  And Id guess after the election even less so.

And people can read all they want about his mindset that day as well.

The fact remains...the capitol appears to have not been properly secured that day.  Capitol Police are requesting the guard stays a little longer.

That is far from "occupation".

That’s my point - he had plenty of info for anything.  He chose to turn his job into a reality show as time went on.  When you do little for the people you expect to help you, it doesn’t end well....and it didn’t.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So the article admits there were no credible threats.  I expect @sho nuff to be coming in to clear up his falsehoods soon.  

No current credible threats.  Does not indicate whether there were not any...or whether they were investigating threats to determine what threats there will be.

Nothing I stated was false.  HTH

Also...an odd way of admitting it was all temporary and not some occupation or sign of a dictatorship.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

No current credible threats.  Does not indicate whether there were not any...or whether they were investigating threats to determine what threats there will be.

Nothing I stated was false.  HTH

Also...an odd way of admitting it was all temporary and not some occupation or sign of a dictatorship.

Troops are still occupying DC.  They just modified some fencing so you are wrong on both accounts.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  They point out someone pushing a false narrative.  Be better.  TIA.  

24 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Troops are still occupying DC.  They just modified some fencing so you are wrong on both accounts.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  They point out someone pushing a false narrative.  Be better.  TIA.  

They are scaling back..but they are not, nor were they ever "occupying" DC.

Seems the only one pushing a false narrative is you.

54 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So the article admits there were no credible threats.  I expect @sho nuff to be coming in to clear up his falsehoods soon.  

They now say they have no threats that require the full fencing. Hopefully Trump won’t cause another riot and it can be fully removed soon. 

Did you not see Jan 6th?

What is it you think the extra police, National Guard are doing there?

17 minutes ago, The General said:

They now say they have no threats that require the full fencing. Hopefully Trump won’t cause another riot and it can be fully removed soon. 

Did you not see Jan 6th?

Hopefully CNN is done paying instigators $35,000 to infiltrate a peaceful rally and rile up a few bad seeds.  

I think they are being used as a show of force as a radical left wing agenda is pushed forward.  Why else would we now have military leaders voicing political opinions publicly?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
13 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Hopefully CNN is done paying instigators $35,000 to infiltrate a peaceful rally and rile up a few bad seeds.  

I think they are being used as a show of force as a radical left wing agenda is pushed forward.  Why else would we now have military leaders voicing political opinions publicly?

I don't think you believe any of this :lol:

7 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Yes..that is why the riot happend...the riling up.  Just a laughable far right talking point really.

As is a claim that there is some radical left wing agenda that requires the guard there.  Come on man.

9 hours ago, The General said:

Did you not see Jan 6th?

I've also seen Portland, Chicago, Seattle and numerous other cities that had insurrections.  Did we call the National Guard then?

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I've also seen Portland, Chicago, Seattle and numerous other cities that had insurrections.  Did we call the National Guard then?

Seattle activated the National Guard in Late May IIRC. Not sure about the other cities. 

Are you saying that they should or shouldn’t protect the Capitol or these cities?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The General said:

Seattle activated the National Guard in Late May IIRC. Not sure about the other cities. 

Are you saying that they should or shouldn’t protect the Capitol or these cities?

They should only protect the capital if it needs protecting.  Not with some fake excuse about some fake threat.

31 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

They should only protect the capital if it needs protecting.  Not with some fake excuse about some fake threat.

The FBI said they had like 2000 active domestic terrorist investigations going just last month. Like double they had going after 9/11.

Do you think they are making this up? 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, The General said:

The FBI said they had like 2000 active domestic terrorist investigations going just last month. Like double they had going after 9/11.

Well the FBI has never been known to lie before 

• Thanks 1
On 3/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, dawgtrails said:

Trump supporters

The attack on the capitol only happened because of such terrible security. A three year old could have broken through those gates

Also Trump supporters

How dare they beef up security. That is a public building and we pay their salaries. What are they afraid of?

They aren’t Trump supporters. They’re Americans. They’re your brothers sisters, mothers and fathers.

Both sides are full of crap and we have much bigger problems going on than fences, who did what and who is responsible for this or that.

We are a crumbling empire and this is more serious than climate change, gun control, or race relations in this country. 

We are headed for a war against a massive populace that doesn’t play by our rules. We are already at war, just not militarily yet.

I suggest we all stop pointing the finger at each other and start reaching out with olive branches.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

They aren’t Trump supporters. They’re Americans. They’re your brothers sisters, mothers and fathers.

Both sides are full of crap and we have much bigger problems going on than fences, who did what and who is responsible for this or that.

We are a crumbling empire and this is more serious than climate change, gun control, or race relations in this country. 

We are headed for a war against a massive populace that doesn’t play by our rules. We are already at war, just not militarily yet.

I suggest we all stop pointing the finger at each other and start reaching out with olive branches.

We’re not already at war. We’re not going to war (against China.) 

17 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Bill Maher rant on China

Worth a listen if you have not heard already. 

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, The General said:

So, like, 1000 active threats doesn't need the National Guard but 2000 does?  1000 also seems like a lot, no?

14 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

So, like, 1000 active threats doesn't need the National Guard but 2000 does?  1000 also seems like a lot, no?

Do you think the National Guard should help or not?

What is the implication that you are making with the extra security being taken (and now reduced) around the Capitol? 

Yes 1000 is a lot, 2000 is crazy. That number was shocking to me as there are double what there were right after 9/11. These extremists are posing a very real threat. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Bill Maher rant on China

Worth a listen if you have not heard already. 

It's an excellent rant for sure and it is the larger issue at play globally

They are taking over the world while we bicker over children's books.  

The amount of money that has been shipped to China and the middle east should have never been allowed to happen

• Like 1
3 hours ago, killface said:

It's an excellent rant for sure and it is the larger issue at play globally

They are taking over the world while we bicker over children's books.  

The amount of money that has been shipped to China and the middle east should have never been allowed to happen

How about the money we spend on elections at all levels?

Just now, knowledge dropper said:

I think many of us can agree it’s ridiculous how much is spent on campaigns.

14 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

I agree with Sho.  i suspect a good portion of the population would get behind limiting this

13 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Looks like $14 billion was the price tag for 2020 elections 

If we added up all the elections over the last decade we could do a lot of positive things in this country

• Like 1
On 3/16/2021 at 6:12 AM, knowledge dropper said:

Link

Occupation is over :kicksrock:

How will the left pass their radical agenda!

• Laughing 1
On 3/17/2021 at 8:14 AM, timschochet said:

We’re not already at war. We’re not going to war (against China.) 

We're sort of at war. China is doing things and has done things (and so have we) that used to trigger the old "acts of war" doctrine, if my understanding is correct. It's just that we're a mutually assured destruction threat, so that sort of keeps everything under wraps.

I never thought the specter of nuclear war would hang over our lives like it did in the Cold War, but it certainly does today, in my estimation.

• 2 weeks later...