What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are we already living in a dictatorship? (3 Viewers)

Which is weird, because you guys believed EVERY non-sourced or anonymous source when it came to stories about Trump.

Now sources matter?  Wut?
There wasn't even an unnamed source. Just a biased poster making a claim with no link.

So a pretty bad gotcha attempt there.

Unfortunately, he’s President and his words carry weight.  You can concede that basic fact?
Yes.  I have never denied that.  I have pointed out his words were that he supported MLB if they were to move it.

I questioned calling that pressure.  Your response was not to post something Biden said that was pressure...and instead give the opinion of Geist and claim MSNBC says I was wrong.  

So I ask again...can you post something Biden said or did that was pressuring MLB to make the move.  Or anything resembling a credible link that the MLB felt pressure from the President to make the move?

Or do you concede that its only an opinion of some that there was pressure...not that there actually was any.

Hardly a dictatorship.  

Yes.  I have never denied that.  I have pointed out his words were that he supported MLB if they were to move it.

I questioned calling that pressure.  Your response was not to post something Biden said that was pressure...and instead give the opinion of Geist and claim MSNBC says I was wrong.  

So I ask again...can you post something Biden said or did that was pressuring MLB to make the move.  Or anything resembling a credible link that the MLB felt pressure from the President to make the move?

Or do you concede that its only an opinion of some that there was pressure...not that there actually was any.

Hardly a dictatorship.  
You are being intentionally obtuse.  The President supporting moving the ASG is pressure.   

Which is weird, because you guys believed EVERY non-sourced or anonymous source when it came to stories about Trump.

Now sources matter?  Wut?
Almost all of those “anonymous sources” were quoted in actual journalistic establishments, and were anonymous because Trump was known to be vindictive to pretty much everyone who didn’t agree with every lie he spoke. There have to be standards, after all.

Almost all of those “anonymous sources” were quoted in actual journalistic establishments, and were anonymous because Trump was known to be vindictive to pretty much everyone who didn’t agree with every lie he spoke. There have to be standards, after all.
And still "anonymous" and you believed it with no questions asked.  :shrug:

You don't get to dismiss articles with anonymous sources anymore after the previous 4 years where they were entirely and unquestionably acceptable.  After all, all we are doing is holding YOU to YOUR standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biden is expected to direct the Department of Justice to issue proposals to curb the proliferation of "ghost guns" and a proposal on how to better regulate stabilizing braces. He will ask the Department of Justice to publish model "red flag" legislation for states to follow, as well.

Ghost guns are homemade guns, often made from parts purchased online, and do not have traceable serial numbers, while a stabilizing brace effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle while not being subjected to the same regulations that a rifle of similar size would be. The shooter in Boulder, Colorado, last month used a stabilizing brace.
Link

Oh the horror.  People can't have unfettered access to guns no matter what their history. :rolleyes:

Link

Oh the horror.  People can't have unfettered access to guns no matter what their history. :rolleyes:
Huh?  They can't now - we already have background checks.   :shrug:

Also, you should post cavalierly in the GA thread like you did here about the horrors of people having to mail in ballots and not getting more than 94 ballot deposit boxes.

And still "anonymous" and you believed it with no questions asked.  :shrug:

You don't get to dismiss articles with anonymous sources anymore after the previous 4 years where they were entirely and unquestionably acceptable.  After all, all we are doing is holding YOU to YOUR standards.
I can do just that, because sites like the gateway pundit and their ilk are not news sites, but act like it, and fool people into thinking they’re reputable. At any rate, since I’ve seen the story picked up by reputable sources now, I feel comfortable saying that there are a lot of people who have firearms that absolutely should not have them, and there should be ways to severely curb the proliferation of these weapons. That and ammo is expensive enough already.

Kal El said:
I can do just that, because sites like the gateway pundit and their ilk are not news sites, but act like it, and fool people into thinking they’re reputable. At any rate, since I’ve seen the story picked up by reputable sources now, I feel comfortable saying that there are a lot of people who have firearms that absolutely should not have them, and there should be ways to severely curb the proliferation of these weapons. That and ammo is expensive enough already.
Oh, you mean like CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ,etc...?

We could go on all day on what a "reputable site" is, but let me remind that those "reputable" sites you watch also told you that Trump peed on hookers, actively colluded with Russia and was turning the US into a dictatorship.  So, no, you don't get to dismiss "anonymous sources" anymore.  They are to be believed 100% AS FACT since that was your standard.

We already have a process in place to determine who and who shouldn't have weapons.  It's called a "background check" and every person living in the US must legally go thru one for EVERY firearm they purchase.  EVERY firearm.  There are no exceptions.

Also, ammo is insanely expensive.  Good thing I stocked up right before it went thru the roof.  :thumbup:

Oh, you mean like CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ,etc...?

We could go on all day on what a "reputable site" is, but let me remind that those "reputable" sites you watch also told you that Trump peed on hookers, actively colluded with Russia and was turning the US into a dictatorship.  So, no, you don't get to dismiss "anonymous sources" anymore.  They are to be believed 100% AS FACT since that was your standard.

We already have a process in place to determine who and who shouldn't have weapons.  It's called a "background check" and every person living in the US must legally go thru one for EVERY firearm they purchase.  EVERY firearm.  There are no exceptions.

Also, ammo is insanely expensive.  Good thing I stocked up right before it went thru the roof.  :thumbup:
What...no they didn’t.

Yes, I made it up that the left believed Trump actively colluded with Russia, got peed on by Russian hookers and was turning the US into a dictatorship.  I made that all up.  every single bit of it.  Not once was it anywhere but in my mind. 

I mean, I'm not really in a thread titled "Are we already living in a dictatorship" that was originally started on 02/20/2020 when Trump was President whose original post LITERALLY specified Trump turning the US into a dictatorship.

WTH?  I don't want to engage the guy because in reality debating people that are on the spectrum is never a good look but that's just absurd.  Made up?  🤣

It worked for 4 years that random people typed things on this board, without links, and everyone accepted those things as true?
Have you been living in a cave?

What is it with people suddenly playing dumb about activities that were literally happening before there eyes that they were participating in?

Yes, I made it up that the left believed Trump actively colluded with Russia, got peed on by Russian hookers and was turning the US into a dictatorship.  I made that all up.  every single bit of it.  Not once was it anywhere but in my mind. 

I mean, I'm not really in a thread titled "Are we already living in a dictatorship" that was originally started on 02/20/2020 when Trump was President whose original post LITERALLY specified Trump turning the US into a dictatorship.

WTH?  I don't want to engage the guy because in reality debating people that are on the spectrum is never a good look but that's just absurd.  Made up?  🤣
But that wasn’t even your claim.  You are changing it now.  Read what i quoted at least.

As usual...easier just to laugh rather than to see it changed from the networks ran with a Story that Trump peed on hookers to the left made up stories that hookers peed on Trump.

I mean...at least keep the story straight once

As usual...easier just to laugh rather than to see it changed from the networks ran with a Story that Trump peed on hookers to the left made up stories that hookers peed on Trump.

I mean...at least keep the story straight once
CBS and ABC reported on it.

Comey: "I don't know" whether Trump "was with prostitutes peeing on each other"

James Comey said he doesn't know with certainty whether President Trump "was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013," in an interview with ABC News that will air in full on Sunday. In his new book, Comey recalls a conversation he says he had with Mr. Trump, in which the president asked Comey to look into claims that a so-called "pee tape" existed from 2013 showing him with hookers peeing on each other, one of the more salacious allegations in the unverified dossier authored by former British spy Christopher Steele. 

Mr. Trump, according to Comey, wanted Comey to clear up the allegations because he said his wife, Melania Trump, was upset by them. He asked Comey to investigate what Trump called the "golden showers thing."

Comey's new book, "A Higher Loyalty," detailing his time as FBI director, will be officially released Tuesday, but multiple news outlets, including CBS News, have obtained copies of the book.  

In new book, fired FBI Director James Comey says Trump "untethered to truth"

Comey on a possible Trump "pee tape"

"I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don't know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013," Comey told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "It's possible, but I don't know."

As of his firing, the information on such a recording was still "unverified," Comey said.

According to the Associated Press, which also obtained the book, Comey said that when he briefed Mr. Trump on the Steele dossier, he left out one detail – the one involving the allegation that the prostitutes had urinated on a bed once used by the Obamas.

The president raised the subject again a week later, after the dossier had been made public, according to the book. Comey wrote in his book Mr. Trump told Comey at that time, that he had not stayed in the hotel and also that the charge could not have been true because, as Mr. Trump said, "I'm a germaphobe. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me. No way."

Trump: "Golden showers thing" allegation

"He [Trump]brought up what he called the 'golden showers thing' … adding that it bothered him if there was 'even a one percent chance' his wife, Melania, thought it was true," Comey recalled. Comey suggests the phrase "golden showers thing" was the phrasing Trump used during that conversation. 

"He just rolled on, unprompted, explaining why it couldn't possibly be true, ending by saying he was thinking of asking me to investigate the allegation to prove it was a lie," Comey wrote. "I said it was up to him."

Mr. Trump took to Twitter Friday morningin his first public response to the book, calling Comey a "slime ball" and saying he "should be prosecuted."

"His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst 'botch jobs' of history," the president tweeted. "It was my great honor to fire James Comey!"

New Comey book release date

James Comey's new book, "A Higher Loyalty," is to be released next week. Amazon shows the book's release date as Tuesday, April 17th.

CBS and ABC reported on it.

Comey: "I don't know" whether Trump "was with prostitutes peeing on each other"

James Comey said he doesn't know with certainty whether President Trump "was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013," in an interview with ABC News that will air in full on Sunday. In his new book, Comey recalls a conversation he says he had with Mr. Trump, in which the president asked Comey to look into claims that a so-called "pee tape" existed from 2013 showing him with hookers peeing on each other, one of the more salacious allegations in the unverified dossier authored by former British spy Christopher Steele. 

Mr. Trump, according to Comey, wanted Comey to clear up the allegations because he said his wife, Melania Trump, was upset by them. He asked Comey to investigate what Trump called the "golden showers thing."

Comey's new book, "A Higher Loyalty," detailing his time as FBI director, will be officially released Tuesday, but multiple news outlets, including CBS News, have obtained copies of the book.  

In new book, fired FBI Director James Comey says Trump "untethered to truth"

Comey on a possible Trump "pee tape"

"I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don't know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013," Comey told ABC News' George Stephanopoulos. "It's possible, but I don't know."

As of his firing, the information on such a recording was still "unverified," Comey said.

According to the Associated Press, which also obtained the book, Comey said that when he briefed Mr. Trump on the Steele dossier, he left out one detail – the one involving the allegation that the prostitutes had urinated on a bed once used by the Obamas.

The president raised the subject again a week later, after the dossier had been made public, according to the book. Comey wrote in his book Mr. Trump told Comey at that time, that he had not stayed in the hotel and also that the charge could not have been true because, as Mr. Trump said, "I'm a germaphobe. There's no way I would let people pee on each other around me. No way."

Trump: "Golden showers thing" allegation

"He [Trump]brought up what he called the 'golden showers thing' … adding that it bothered him if there was 'even a one percent chance' his wife, Melania, thought it was true," Comey recalled. Comey suggests the phrase "golden showers thing" was the phrasing Trump used during that conversation. 

"He just rolled on, unprompted, explaining why it couldn't possibly be true, ending by saying he was thinking of asking me to investigate the allegation to prove it was a lie," Comey wrote. "I said it was up to him."

Mr. Trump took to Twitter Friday morningin his first public response to the book, calling Comey a "slime ball" and saying he "should be prosecuted."

"His handling of the Crooked Hillary Clinton case, and the events surrounding it, will go down as one of the worst 'botch jobs' of history," the president tweeted. "It was my great honor to fire James Comey!"

New Comey book release date

James Comey's new book, "A Higher Loyalty," is to be released next week. Amazon shows the book's release date as Tuesday, April 17th.
They reported the story and Comey’s words.  
First claim was they told us that Trump peed on hookers (that was never even the claim).

I know well what the stories were and based on. None of those sources told us it happened...did they?

They reported the story and Comet’s words.  
First claim was they told us that Trump peed on hookers (that was never even the claim).

I know well what the stories were and based on. None of those sources told us it happened...did they?
So this is where we get into your usual word gymnastics right?  Fact is those networks ran multiple stories about the Trump pee tapes and in doing so gave the story legitimacy.  And they were dead wrong in doing so.  That was BladeRunner’s point.

So this is where we get into your usual word gymnastics right?  Fact is those networks ran multiple stories about the Trump pee tapes and in doing so gave the story legitimacy.  And they were dead wrong in doing so.  That was BladeRunner’s point.
Its where I disagreed with assertions made.  Reporting on a story and saying they said something actually happened are distinctly different things. Word gymnastics is trying to claim its the same thing.

They ran stories saying people couldn’t verify it happened .  that isn’t legitimizing it nor close to showing that point at all.

Its where I disagreed with assertions made.  Reporting on a story and saying they said something actually happened are distinctly different things. Word gymnastics is trying to claim its the same thing.

They ran stories saying people couldn’t verify it happened .  that isn’t legitimizing it nor close to showing that point at all.
Words torture you don’t they?  BladeRunner refuted the notion of Conservatives news sources were unreliable by pointing out that Liberal news sources have been just as unreliable in the past 4 years, as in their reporting of the pee tape.  How you don’t just understand that point is beyond me.  And on top of that, even if you want to be 100% technical you still lose, for they were in fact telling people night after night the words “Trump peed on hookers” which is exactly what he said.  He never said it was their opinion - just that it was said.

I can’t believe I fell into this rabbit hole again...

Words torture you don’t they?  BladeRunner refuted the notion of Conservatives news sources were unreliable by pointing out that Liberal news sources have been just as unreliable in the past 4 years, as in their reporting of the pee tape.  How you don’t just understand that point is beyond me.  And on top of that, even if you want to be 100% technical you still lose, for they were in fact telling people night after night the words “Trump peed on hookers” which is exactly what he said.  He never said it was their opinion - just that it was said.

I can’t believe I fell into this rabbit hole again...
Actually he didn’t refute anything.  He made false claims about what those places reported and tried to compare legit news sources with a place like GatewayPundit...a place  that is the definition of fake news.

Reporting on the story from the dossier is not an unreliable thing...thats a ludicrous claim based on what they actually reported.

He stated they claimed it happened. That is false and still gets the story wrong as it is...the story wasn’t  that he peed on hookers. That wasn’t  even the assertion in the dossier man.  If you all are going to make claims...at least get the story of what that was about right.  The claim in the dossier was he watched them pee on a bed.  So...yeah, hard to take people seriously that cant even get the assertion straight in the first place.  IIRC it was you recently making the incorrect assertion as well and multiple people tried telling you that you were getting it wrong.

Actually he didn’t refute anything.  He made false claims about what those places reported and tried to compare legit news sources with a place like GatewayPundit...a place  that is the definition of fake news.

Reporting on the story from the dossier is not an unreliable thing...thats a ludicrous claim based on what they actually reported.

He stated they claimed it happened. That is false and still gets the story wrong as it is...the story wasn’t  that he peed on hookers. That wasn’t  even the assertion in the dossier man.  If you all are going to make claims...at least get the story of what that was about right.  The claim in the dossier was he watched them pee on a bed.  So...yeah, hard to take people seriously that cant even get the assertion straight in the first place.  IIRC it was you recently making the incorrect assertion as well and multiple people tried telling you that you were getting it wrong.
You remember incorrectly

You remember incorrectly
If you say so.

Point being...its not the first person to try to blast left leaning posters in here and the media about the salacious details...then get the details completely wrong in making false claims.

Saying that those other media told us that Trump peed on hookers...is a completely false statement.  Its not even the right assertion from the dossier...nor did they tell us it happened.  There is only the mental gymnastics one must use to try and bash people using that information.  

Simply put...it was an attempted gotcha that wasn't meant to refute anything (because it only used biased opinion) and seemed quite meant to bash others.  Rather than just admitting that yeah, GatewayPundit is a pretty biased an awful source (because it is).  No amount of incorrect stories by CNN or CBS is going to make GatewayPundit any better of a source.  The whataboutism there is a weak attempt.

It's a distiction without a difference.  Do you know what that means? As someone's who has been obsessed with sources, even started threads about it, you would think you would understand that the vast majority of the time (other than live events or events the press has been invited to witness first hard) news reporting is sourced information, aka, telling us something that other people have said. Do you have the ability to grasp this concept?  So, when someone says "the news has been telling us" it doesnt actually mean Lester Holt telling us what he thinks. Young adolescent brains are usually developed enough to understand these subtle distinctions. 

BladeRunner refuted the notion of Conservatives news sources were unreliable by pointing out that Liberal news sources have been just as unreliable in the past 4 years, as in their reporting of the pee tape.
I don't think you and I have the same understanding of "refuted the notion".

Its possible (even likely) that both liberal and conservative news sources are unreliable.  But, reliability is not based on inherent bias - its based on what checks an balances a particular media have in place to ensure reliability.  (Also important to note - "reliability" <> "infallibility". News organizations will often get things wrong in a 24-hour news world.  What makes one reliable - is, do they have standards, and do they make corrections when they get things wrong?)

In this regard - some liberal outlets are completely unreliable; some conservative outlets are completely unreliable.

Is anyone else tired of the headlines that read of shootings, especially involving child victims, or is it just me? To that end, I think restrictions on gun ownership should be a thing, because I am beyond sick of the same headlines with nothing changing, people saying “thoughts and prayers(I am the first to tell you prayer works, I’m living proof of that, so this isn’t a religion thing, either),” and someone suggesting restrictions, and the usual suspects screaming that the government is coming for our guns. No they’re not! They’re not stupid enough to try, and as we’ve seen from the past four years, that threshold is vast. More to the point, I’d like to enjoy target ranges in peace, without worrying about if I might have to use this gun some day to defend myself from some idiot, or worrying about my kids at their own school!

Is anyone else tired of the headlines that read of shootings, especially involving child victims, or is it just me? To that end, I think restrictions on gun ownership should be a thing, because I am beyond sick of the same headlines with nothing changing, people saying “thoughts and prayers(I am the first to tell you prayer works, I’m living proof of that, so this isn’t a religion thing, either),” and someone suggesting restrictions, and the usual suspects screaming that the government is coming for our guns. No they’re not! They’re not stupid enough to try, and as we’ve seen from the past four years, that threshold is vast. More to the point, I’d like to enjoy target ranges in peace, without worrying about if I might have to use this gun some day to defend myself from some idiot, or worrying about my kids at their own school!
Yes, I am sick of it as well. 

This is a good example of living in a one party dictatorship.  Getting very little coverage.

https://www.theday.com/article/20210310/OP04/210319958

timeline as follows:

april 2020 governors announces no bid contract to Sema 4 which is owned by his wife’s Vc firm

june 2020 - governors office emails state ethics asking for ruling. They deem no conflict even though Lamont administration previously provided the 36 companies owned by Lamont wife firm would be on watch list forg any contracts.

march 2021 - state paid 36.0m already to sema 4, who is going public with shareholders already made 343.0 m. 

This is where covid slush funds are going...

Red flags laws... yeah, right Joe.  We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  Ask Ed Caniglia how well that system works.  😆

Red flags laws... yeah, right Joe.  We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  Ask Ed Caniglia how well that system works.  😆
Red MAGA hat = Red Flag calling it now.  

We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  
This is a very interesting take.

First, one of the real successes of Trump's presidency, from his perspective, was all the judicial vacancies he filled.  He and McConnell re-shaped the entire judiciary from top to bottom.

Second, I would never put the "police" into the "liberal" category - in fact, I would say most police officers and their leaders tend to be on the more conservative side.

I am not sure who the "leaders" are - but there are more local conservative leaders than "liberal" leaders.

Users who are viewing this thread