Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Are we already living in a dictatorship?

This is a good example of living in a one party dictatorship.  Getting very little coverage.

https://www.theday.com/article/20210310/OP04/210319958

timeline as follows:

april 2020 governors announces no bid contract to Sema 4 which is owned by his wife’s Vc firm

june 2020 - governors office emails state ethics asking for ruling. They deem no conflict even though Lamont administration previously provided the 36 companies owned by Lamont wife firm would be on watch list forg any contracts.

march 2021 - state paid 36.0m already to sema 4, who is going public with shareholders already made 343.0 m. 

This is where covid slush funds are going...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the senate is controlled by the same party as the executive, and if the majority party of the senate is not willing to use checks and balances, there effectively are no checks and balances.  A

No. /thread

He hasn't gone full dictator yet. He's dictator-curious.

1 hour ago, knowledge dropper said:

Red flags laws... yeah, right Joe.  We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  Ask Ed Caniglia how well that system works.  😆

13 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Red flags laws... yeah, right Joe.  We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  Ask Ed Caniglia how well that system works.  😆

Red MAGA hat = Red Flag calling it now.  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

We’ll leave it up to Liberal judges, leaders and the police to draw that wonderfully blurry line as to who constitutes a clear and present danger.  

This is a very interesting take.

First, one of the real successes of Trump's presidency, from his perspective, was all the judicial vacancies he filled.  He and McConnell re-shaped the entire judiciary from top to bottom.

Second, I would never put the "police" into the "liberal" category - in fact, I would say most police officers and their leaders tend to be on the more conservative side.

I am not sure who the "leaders" are - but there are more local conservative leaders than "liberal" leaders.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tonydead said:

It's a distiction without a difference.  Do you know what that means? As someone's who has been obsessed with sources, even started threads about it, you would think you would understand that the vast majority of the time (other than live events or events the press has been invited to witness first hard) news reporting is sourced information, aka, telling us something that other people have said. Do you have the ability to grasp this concept?  So, when someone says "the news has been telling us" it doesnt actually mean Lester Holt telling us what he thinks. Young adolescent brains are usually developed enough to understand these subtle distinctions. 

No it isn't. If they are reporting on the dossier...that is not remotely the same as claiming it all happened.

If they are reporting Comet saying they could not verify it or that he briefed Trump on it, they are not, in fact, claiming the pee stuff happened.

Its an actual difference.

And stop the personal BS. Especially when you are just flat out wrong.

Reporting what is said by the dossier is not a claim the events happened. In no way at all.  

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

No it isn't. If they are reporting on the dossier...that is not remotely the same as claiming it all happened.

If they are reporting Comet saying they could not verify it or that he briefed Trump on it, they are not, in fact, claiming the pee stuff happened.

Reporting what is said by the dossier is not a claim the events happened. In no way at all.  

So it’s okay to report what is in the dossier even though you are not sure the dossier is legitimate? Wouldn’t you just ignore the story - Kind of like Hunter’s laptop?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, stlrams said:

This is a good example of living in a one party dictatorship.  Getting very little coverage.

https://www.theday.com/article/20210310/OP04/210319958

timeline as follows:

april 2020 governors announces no bid contract to Sema 4 which is owned by his wife’s Vc firm

june 2020 - governors office emails state ethics asking for ruling. They deem no conflict even though Lamont administration previously provided the 36 companies owned by Lamont wife firm would be on watch list forg any contracts.

march 2021 - state paid 36.0m already to sema 4, who is going public with shareholders already made 343.0 m. 

This is where covid slush funds are going...

Holy crap that’s filthy. I don’t think it has anything to do with a one party dictatorship though. 

26 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

:lmao:   You don't have to keep convincing me that you don't understand.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, stlrams said:

This is a good example of living in a one party dictatorship. 

My father and grandparents lived under two actual dictatorships. First under the Nazis, and then under the Soviets. 

No offense but I don’t think you have the slightest idea what the word “dictatorship” actually means. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

My father and grandparents lived under two actual dictatorships. First under the Nazis, and then under the Soviets. 

No offense but I don’t think you have the slightest idea what the word “dictatorship” actually means. 

I was quoting the thread title??.  FYI -  I’m a history major with a concentration in Eastern Europe and Middle East.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, -jb- said:

Holy crap that’s filthy. I don’t think it has anything to do with a one party dictatorship though. 

We have one party rule in my state and governor is ruling by executive order since March 2019 with no checks or balances.  Call it what you want but it’s ripe for abuse.  

1 minute ago, stlrams said:

I was quoting the thread title??.  FYI -  I’m a history major with a concentration in Eastern Europe and Middle East.  

Then you should know better. The thread title is ridiculous. Using the term dictatorship to describe some local corruption (at worst) is ridiculous. It’s like when NFL players complain they’re being lynched because they get criticized in the media, or when AOC compared Trump’s refugee camps to concentration camps. These sorts of terrible analogies get in the way of justifiable complaints. 

28 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So it’s okay to report what is in the dossier even though you are not sure the dossier is legitimate? Wouldn’t you just ignore the story - Kind of like Hunter’s laptop?

If you report it as unverified and are discussing what is in it. Yes... why would that not be ok to report about it?  Why would they not report on Comey’s words on it?

They knew it existed...they had it.  They knew the source of it.  It was news.

Most reported the existence of the story of the laptop.  And its source which was less credible as well.  But nice try at a gotcha there.

17 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:   You don't have to keep convincing me that you don't understand.

Ahh more laughs...the problem is I understand just fine as has been explained in detail.

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

This is a very interesting take.

First, one of the real successes of Trump's presidency, from his perspective, was all the judicial vacancies he filled.  He and McConnell re-shaped the entire judiciary from top to bottom.

Second, I would never put the "police" into the "liberal" category - in fact, I would say most police officers and their leaders tend to be on the more conservative side.

I am not sure who the "leaders" are - but there are more local conservative leaders than "liberal" leaders.

Trump made a dent but there are still a lot of Liberal judges out there.  Same with the cops.  Read up on Edward Caniglia and you’ll understand my concerns on this issue. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Then you should know better. The thread title is ridiculous. Using the term dictatorship to describe some local corruption (at worst) is ridiculous. It’s like when NFL players complain they’re being lynched because they get criticized in the media, or when AOC compared Trump’s refugee camps to concentration camps. These sorts of terrible analogies get in the way of justifiable complaints. 

“I’ll take ‘Things Tim didn’t say in the Trump dictator thread’ for $500 Alex”.

7 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

“I’ll take ‘Things Tim didn’t say in the Trump dictator thread’ for $500 Alex”.

You sure about that? I don’t remember if I specifically posted in that thread, but I spent a LOT of time in this forum defending Trump from the charge of dictator. 

3 hours ago, knowledge dropper said:

Mic drop

• Like 2
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

You sure about that? I don’t remember if I specifically posted in that thread, but I spent a LOT of time in this forum defending Trump from the charge of dictator. 

Just busting your stones.  I honestly don’t remember.