What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Server guys (1 Viewer)

need2know

Footballguy
I know we have some tech guys here and thought I would see if anyone had come across this issue.

Had a weird problem yesterday trying to add a new certificate to a website in IIS.  Cert was expired.  Went through the csr process and submitted to our vendor for a new cert.  Got the root, intermediate,  and server CRT files.    Put the root and intermediate in the store using MMC.  Removed the old cert using IIS.  added the new cert to IIS and then binded the site to the new cert.  Old cert was not even an option because I removed it.  Restarted server.  Went back into iis and checked settings.  Website was binded to new cert.  Tried to hit the website in a browser and it still shows the old cert.  We dont use load balancing or anything else like that.  I spent hours talking with the cert vendor yesterday for them to tell me it's a Microsoft issue.  

Any ideas?

You have no 3rd party load balancer out in front (F5 or whatever) right? Not that you didn't think of that, I thought I'd ask. Otherwise, I got nothing.

ETA: I only ask this because I've this config where the F5 terminated the certificate, and is set up to target the pool member server on 443 where the server also holds a cert. Not the optimal setup, but it's possible (you don't want this config as it adds some overhead since the F5 is encrypting, decrypting, re-encrypting to the destination). So if you ping the URL see if it's returning the server IP or a VIP IP. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread