What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: The offseason begins. (3 Viewers)

To be fair, Omar tweeted that when Tua threw that INT after Howard got the turnover (which I was yelling at the TV about when it happened).  I'm not sure how we can pin the last two losses on Tua.  I get it, he deserves some blame bc at the end of the day he threw some really head scratching interceptions (the first one Shaheen ran the wrong route, second one was dumb (But the play call was worse)).

Miami has lost 3 games by a combined 8 points.  We win those games last year with our defense from last year. This team has regressed, but Waddle, Gesecki, and Tua are not to blame for this.  He isn't a savior (and to be fair Watson would elevate this team's outlook bc he makes players around him better), but gutting the defense and hoping guys would improve has been an utter failure.  Giving greier and flo another year is not what I would do, but I wouldn't have done what theyve done up to now either (other than draft Tua.  I had no issue with the pick)
So Tua wasn't a part of the Atlanta 30 points they put on the board? 

Tua wasn't an active participant on the RZ Interception late in the 1st Half? It was all on the Back up Tight End being double/triple covered, nothing to do with Tua?

That was a 10-14 point swing right there, Next time Tua saw the football instead of it being 10-7 or maybe 14-10 if he had gotten them int he end zone, instead it was 20-7 Atlanta vs Miami perhaps having a lead, that's a mighty big swing and then he made matters worse later in the game.  

I agree with @SoBeDadin his assessment of Tua/Teddy B, he might not be a complete bust but there's nothing here so far suggesting we have the right guy to lead the team. And he looks like he is pain trying to throw the football, maybe he is with the busted ribs and the flap jacket or whatever they are protecting him with including dump off after dump off. 

I'm not going to argue with you but I think you are being obtuse on some major parts of this analysis some of us are having in Year 2. ANd I put it all on the door of Stephen Ross then Grier then Flores...I'm not just aiming my displeasure at Tua, that's unfair characterization IMHO. 

Tua wasn't an active participant on the RZ Interception late in the 1st Half? It was all on the Back up Tight End being double/triple covered, nothing to do with Tua?

That was a 10-14 point swing right there, Next time Tua saw the football instead of it being 10-7 or maybe 14-10 if he had gotten them int he end zone, instead it was 20-7 Atlanta vs Miami perhaps having a lead, that's a mighty big swing and then he made matters worse later in the game.  

I agree with @SoBeDadin his assessment of Tua/Teddy B, he might not be a complete bust but there's nothing here so far suggesting we have the right guy to lead the team. And he looks like he is pain trying to throw the football, maybe he is with the busted ribs and the flap jacket or whatever they are protecting him with including dump off after dump off. 

I'm not going to argue with you but I think you are being obtuse on some major parts of this analysis some of us are having in Year 2. ANd I put it all on the door of Stephen Ross then Grier then Flores...I'm not just aiming my displeasure at Tua, that's unfair characterization IMHO. 
Tua is a warrior, coming back from several injuries in college and now the pros. On one of the scrambles yesterday, he  put the defender out of action. Big contrast with Fuller, who's still not ready, although I think it's more than a broken finger.

Tua has a very quick release per analytics, but the motion seems unusual.  He's was born a righty but his dad converted him to be lefty throwing the football. I thought it was baseball related - if I had a son it would cross my mind.

Tua Tagovailoa’s father explains why the Alabama quarterback is left-handed

>>"I just always wanted someone to be a lefty with me. … It just became fluent and he just grew into it,” Galu Tagovailoa said. “That’s the crazy part about it. I never thought I could make him adapt to that. As we constantly kept putting the ball on his left hand, eventually he grew into throwing the ball with his left.”

Tagovailoa does everything else with his right hand, but thanks to his dad, he throws a football with his left.

Clearly, the move has worked out OK so far for the highly touted class of 2017 signee.<<

@Ministry of PainI don’t think most are arguing that Tua hasn’t disappointed, just that he isn’t the total blame or even the biggest blame. I don’t think anyone can say with a straight face that Herbert given this o-line, running game and lack of innovation from the OC’s the past two would be very successful either. I like Flo and I thought he did well the first two years but he has really shot himself in the foot this year. The defense downright stinks, the offense is blah and I think it is by design more then player ability because they don’t even try. We are the most penalized team which is unacceptable.

We can’t go back and this QB class sucks so we need to fire Grier and give Flo and Tua one more year. If we could get Watson and know there is no suspension or exempt list coming I’d be fine with that but don’t see how you could know that yet.

And IMHO Tua has shown as much or more then Hurts, Fields, Wilson or Lance so far. Jones has been about equal.

Tagovailoa does everything else with his right hand, but thanks to his dad, he throws a football with his left
This is off topic but I considered trying this with my 2 year old just to see how he would respond to it but I was reading recently about how people think Ben Simmons being a righty who shoots lefty might be a big factor in why his brain seems to be broken when it comes to shooting in the NBA.

Back to Tua, I think it is close to impossible to evaluate him with how bad the oline is. I would love to see him with his receivers healthy and even an average oline.

What is the plan with Mike Gesicki? 

I had some doubts but the last season and a half convinced me this guy is pretty elite in terms of catching the football, could be Ertz-like in the right offense and he is still young 

-26 yrs old, Penn State Grad(smart-sorta), 570/5Td, 700/6Tds last 2 seasons, this year he is on pace to hit 850-900 yds and 4-5 Tds but he also has been catching the ball with WR1 and WR2 both OUT much of the season. 

-He is a 2nd round TE so there is no 5th year option so here are the choices...

-Trade him and get something good in return while you still can 

-Extend him but he likely will command Top 5-10 Money and he's gonna get it either here or elsewhere. 

-Let him walk out the door for NOTHING

-Franchise tag him and pay him Top 3-5 money and it gets expensive. 

Grier, courtesy phone? Please pick up

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the plan with Mike Gesicki? 

I had some doubts but the last season and a half convinced me this guy is pretty elite in terms of catching the football, could be Ertz-like in the right offense and he is still young 

-26 yrs old, Penn State Grad(smart-sorta), 570/5Td, 700/6Tds last 2 seasons, this year he is on pace to hit 850-900 yds and 4-5 Tds but he also has been catching the ball with WR1 and WR2 both OUT much of the season. 

-He is a 2nd round TE so there is no 5th year option so here are the choices...

-Trade him and get something good in return while you still can 

-Extend him but he likely will command Top 5-10 Money and he's gonna get it either here or elsewhere. 

-Let him walk out the door for NOTHING

-Franchise tag him and pay him Top 3-5 money and it gets expensive. 

Grier, courtesy phone? Please pick up
Easy decision. Gesicki has been healthy, improving, good in Tua's 10-20 yard comfort zone. He's a WR, not a TE, same as Pitts, but is a valuable asset in today's passing game. Plus, Hunter Long will be cheaper than Smythe and Shaheen who will be cut. So, some savings there. 

Easy decision. Gesicki has been healthy, improving, good in Tua's 10-20 yard comfort zone. He's a WR, not a TE, same as Pitts, but is a valuable asset in today's passing game. Plus, Hunter Long will be cheaper than Smythe and Shaheen who will be cut. So, some savings there. 
Apparently not for the Miami Dolphins because they haven't extended him and once the season is over he either walks or they have to use the franchise tag, so which is it? 

The Houston Chronicle reported on Tuesday that the Dolphins and Texans have agreed to terms on a trade for QB Deshaun Watson, but the Dolphins want clarity on his legal issues before going through with it.

That means there is no timeline on when Watson could be a Dolphin, as there is no end in sight for his legal issues. Regardless, it's interesting to confirm that there have been talks and potentially even an agreement between the two sides on a deal to send Watson to Miami, even if nothing is imminent on account of the accusations levied toward the quarterback.

Speaking Tuesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league does not have the necessary information to put Texans QB Deshaun Watson on the commissioner's exempt list.

That confirms Watson is eligible to play if he were to be traded, as has been the rumor around the league over the past week (and past few months, to be frank). The league appears to want no part of the Watson investigation, and it's one of the strangest situations in recent memory with Goodell and the NFL refusing to take action. There is no end in sight for this saga.

If Roger Goodell is not attentive, this seems like a situation where a billionaire owner could pay out millions (pocket change) in settlements under the cloak of an NDA without any salary-cap ramifications, and get a franchise QB.

Up next on the agenda, extending Roger Goodell's contract.

Pro Football Network @PFN365

Houston Chronicle reports the #Dolphins & #Texans have agreed to terms on a trade for Deshaun Watson. However, Miami owner Stephen Ross wants legal issues resolved & clarity from NFL on discipline. Per Chronicle, Texans will receive the three 1st round picks if deal is done.

I fell asleep early las night and have been very busy this morning, just was not thinking about this after the hype last week and nothing. 

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this and what it means going forward. Miami has lots under the cap next season, many teams will as well. 

Things Watson will not be able to fix...

-The very offensive Offensive Line, you call that a professional OLine? Good grief. 

-The lack of a pass rush in almost every game I've watched all season.  

-A Highly overpaid tandem at Cornerback this season and a Healthy Inactive 1st Round pick behind them that isn't pushing for playing time. 

-Reliable WRs but if Watson is coming here, good times ahead for Waddle and Gesicki if he stays, I would be trying to find room for either Parker or Fuller, 2nd Half of the season Miami will suddenly start winning some football games. 

I fell asleep early las night and have been very busy this morning, just was not thinking about this after the hype last week and nothing. 

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this and what it means going forward. Miami has lots under the cap next season, many teams will as well. 

-The very offensive Offensive Line, you call that a professional OLine? Good grief. 

-A Highly overpaid tandem at Cornerback this season and a Healthy Inactive 1st Round pick behind them that isn't pushing for playing time. 

-Reliable WRs but if Watson is coming here, good times ahead for Waddle and Gesicki if he stays, I would be trying to find room for either Parker or Fuller, 2nd Half of the season Miami will suddenly start winning some football games. 
Let's get to those issues, since we cannot agree on Tua.

1) The O line.  Well, Watson has played behind worse, and to be fair, there is "talent" here, I just think moving them all over the place and not having a real anchor at center makes a difference.

2) Well, yeah, and pretty much everyone has underachieved.  FA fixes most likely there.

3) Miami can get out from under both contracts at the end of this year.  It may be a little more painful to get off Howard after we gave him some more scrilla, but they set these contracts up with an out this year.

4) Miami has "pieces" of a WR group, but with Waddle on a rookie deal they can spend a little at this position.

As for Gesecki:  He gets franchised as a TE so I see them doing that and developing Long.

We have cap room to pick up some key pieces.....say a Michael Gallup or Devante Adams if we get Watson.....or not. Get Tua these weapons if you will stick with him. 

OL we can improve through free agency as well. RB free agency and the draft.

Again......we will find out after the Buffalo game what direction this team goes in. Watson? Or sticking with Tua for another 2 years and keep our 3 number one picks over the next two drafts, and lot’s of cap room.

One thing though.....I want Grier and this scouting department at a minimum.....GONE. Give a competent front office an opportunity to salvage the team. We have pieces.

Waddle

Phillips

Eichenberg

Holland

Jessie Davis

Raekwon Davis

Howard

Jones

Baker

They completely mismanaged free agency and the draft so at least the front office must be turned over. And if they want a new coaching staff.....let the new front office regime do their thing. What other choices do we have.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here.  I think this fan base is too quick to give up on young QBs as are the coaches.  Not sure why.  Philbin gave up on Tannyhill after year one.  The fan base gave up on him not long after. I now see the same business happening with Tua.  Does he have flaws?  Why yes, he does.  Does he make some pretty spectacular throws as well? why yes, he does that too.  Durability is a concern (something that was not an issue w tanny, but we faded him anyway)

I think that Houston trade report is either bogus or there's not much legs to it. If the Phins owner wants to wait for the legal issues to be resolved or at least made more clear, that's simply not happening before the trade deadline. So likely this goes away until the off-season. The courts aren't going to rush to make a decision based on the Phins wanting to make a trade now. 

The best they can hope for is Tua raises his trade value by playing well. I think this game vs Bills coming up will be telling. He's done poorly or not finished games vs them previously. I doubt they can win since the defense is bad now and even when they were good last year the Bills rolled them. But if Tua shows well and keeps them in it, it will help his value or maybe even start convincing people like MoP he's not bad 😉 

I'm not sure what you are looking for here.  I think this fan base is too quick to give up on young QBs as are the coaches.  Not sure why.  Philbin gave up on Tannyhill after year one.  The fan base gave up on him not long after. I now see the same business happening with Tua.  Does he have flaws?  Why yes, he does.  Does he make some pretty spectacular throws as well? why yes, he does that too.  Durability is a concern (something that was not an issue w tanny, but we faded him anyway)
Spectacular throws? Come on. He has made some very nice touch passes. He is far from a top tier elite skilled NFL QB....sorry but I guess we are watching different guys.

You want to see spectacular throws you outta watch Justin Herbert every Sunday......THAT is an Elite Caliber NFL QB. His OL last season stunk.....I would argue as bad as Miami’s this season. He is a special talent.

Tua is not a special “NFL” talent. 

I don’t think Tua is bad.....Hell I thought Tannehill was good but he still has the same exact weakness’s he had here.....No pocket presence. 

Tua actually has a good feel in the pocket.....but the speed of the game is overwhelming him at times and that can be expected for a young QB (See Justin Fields)......but he will always be compared to Herbert.....and there simply is no comparison.

THE DOLPHINS BLEW IT.

I think that Houston trade report is either bogus or there's not much legs to it. If the Phins owner wants to wait for the legal issues to be resolved or at least made more clear, that's simply not happening before the trade deadline. So likely this goes away until the off-season. The courts aren't going to rush to make a decision based on the Phins wanting to make a trade now. 

The best they can hope for is Tua raises his trade value by playing well. I think this game vs Bills coming up will be telling. He's done poorly or not finished games vs them previously. I doubt they can win since the defense is bad now and even when they were good last year the Bills rolled them. But if Tua shows well and keeps them in it, it will help his value or maybe even start convincing people like MoP he's not bad 😉 

I don't know if a deal will get done by the deadline, but I think both sides are trying to make it happen. For the Dolphins to make the deal they have to have some legal assurances:

• That criminal charges are not going to be filed. I don't know if they can gain true assurance in this area, but seeing as it has been months since the plaintiffs have talked to the police, and most of the evidence appears to be he said/she said, I think it unlikely that any criminal charges get filed. If they had good evidence, charges probably would have been filed already.
  • The lawsuits against Deshaun are settled. I actually think that a financial agreement has probably been made between Buzby and Hardin, they are just haggling over NDA's relating to the suits. Over the summer there was a lot of leaking of emails and texts from both sides trying to win over public opinion. In the last several months that has stopped, and I think it is because they have an agreement so no more negotiating through the public is necessary.
  • They know how the NFL will respond regarding the Commissioner's exempt list and ultimately in regards to suspending Deshaun over the whole incident. Goodell just came out this week and said that the NFL would not be putting Deshaun on the exempt list if he is traded and tries to play. Now I am sure the Dolphins are trying to get the NFL to tell them what Deshaun's penalties will be with the NFL once his lawsuits are settled. If they can gain assurance that the suspensions will be something that they can live with, then I think a deal could get done before the deadline.
The bottom line is this: The Texans want to trade Deshaun  and Deshaun wants to be traded. The Dolphins owner apparently really wants to get Deshaun. Deshaun wants to go to Miami. All these things are congruent with each other, so assuming they can navigate the third parties (the NFL, the lawsuit plantiffs, the criminal courts), a deal will get done.

Spectacular throws? Come on. He has made some very nice touch passes. He is far from a top tier elite skilled NFL QB....sorry but I guess we are watching different guys.

You want to see spectacular throws you outta watch Justin Herbert every Sunday......THAT is an Elite Caliber NFL QB. His OL last season stunk.....I would argue as bad as Miami’s this season. He is a special talent.

Tua is not a special “NFL” talent. 

I don’t think Tua is bad.....Hell I thought Tannehill was good but he still has the same exact weakness’s he had here.....No pocket presence. 

Tua actually has a good feel in the pocket.....but the speed of the game is overwhelming him at times and that can be expected for a young QB (See Justin Fields)......but he will always be compared to Herbert.....and there simply is no comparison.

THE DOLPHINS BLEW IT.
Your assumption here is that another QB with this line somehow does better?  The only three QBs I've seen make Chicken salad out of a Chicken #### o line are Murray, Wilson, and Mahomes.  Marino, Young, Elway, Brady, Herbert when the o line stinks they do too.  Honorable mention to Josh Allen there bc he does run when things break down, but the Bills O line has never been suspect while he's been there.

Again, I have no issue with a watson trade (he is another honorable mention for the bad O line style QB) 3 1's for him works for me. It's not like we are drafting well with those picks anyway.

Tua looks like Joe Montana compared to Justin Fields if we're comparing them right now 😆 
Fields has been brutal...no doubt. Nagy is all but a goner. I still think Fields and Zach Wilson are going to be very good NFL QB’s if their respective teams do not ruin them or get them killed. 

Even though he is a Jet, I feel for Zach Wilson especially. He really has a ton of talent and moxy.

This was a strong QB class. Lawrence is going to be a monster. And Mac Jones has looked really solid.

I think if the trade happens......it comes Tuesday a day before the deadline. 

Fields has been brutal...no doubt. Nagy is all but a goner. I still think Fields and Zach Wilson are going to be very good NFL QB’s if their respective teams do not ruin them or get them killed. 

Even though he is a Jet, I feel for Zach Wilson especially. He really has a ton of talent and moxy.

This was a strong QB class. Lawrence is going to be a monster. And Mac Jones has looked really solid.

I think if the trade happens......it comes Tuesday a day before the deadline. 

Another thing to look at here is that Ross for all his money evidently has no power in the owners room.  I'm sure if it was Jerry Jones considering this or Bob Kraft, they'd know what the commish is going to do.  Even Huzingua likely had more respect from the owners than Ross seems to have.

Flores and Grier are goners. 

They do not deserve to have any say in any matters on the team moving forward when it comes to personel. They are a complete mess and have failed miserably.

Playing out the string......we have 3 first round picks in the next two drafts.....they have burned more than enough draft capital....we have been set back another 3 years......again.

Just a total #### show of a team. It is tough being a Fins fan....just knowing we cannot develop even good talent is reason enough this entire staff and front office needs to be let go. Problem is.....Stephen Ross has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he is completely inept as well in his ability to hire the right people during his entire entire tenure as the teams majority owner.

We are screwed as long as he owns this team. 

I wrote a bunch of entries in the Miami game thread on Sunday, you will know exactly how I feel when you read thru there if you even care to. 

I tried to be in Tua's camp but as the game wore on he was obviously a big part of the problem and anyone that said otherwise didn't watch the game at all. Defense did their part and finally couldn't hold on any longer in the 2nd Half in a 3-3 game vs Buffalo and Tua goes 3 n Out 3x in a row to start the 2nd Half, get out of here with this nonsense. You can't beat anyone playing football that way but especially the Buffalo Bills. 

That's not a professional offense, they lack an impact RB, no consistency at WR, a stud TE though, OL that was blocking well this past weekend at least in the run game. They have zip at OC and for some reason that makes Flores happy, he doesn't want anyone that thinks they are smart in the same room with him, that's a problem. King Flores has run a few out of here and he chopped off all the leadership in the locker room from a year ago. 

All of it has to go...3 year set back @Todem? I think more like 5-7 minimum. Because they tore it all down already, did a complete rebuild or tried, Ross won't allow that again so it's going to be a rise to mediocrity, 6-7 wins a season with no QB and no end in sight. They don't have players that anyone is going to want to trade for. I miss Kyle Van Noy but he's helping the Patriots get back to the top which they are building out and getting Mac Jones acclimated quickly to life in the NFL.

We suck, we just suck and Ross is to blame for sure, he should be forced to sell. He's also very old and didn't know much about football to start with. Even a drunk tailgate'r from outside the Stadium on Sundays could run this team better than Ross has.  

I wrote a bunch of entries in the Miami game thread on Sunday, you will know exactly how I feel when you read thru there if you even care to. 

I tried to be in Tua's camp but as the game wore on he was obviously a big part of the problem and anyone that said otherwise didn't watch the game at all. Defense did their part and finally couldn't hold on any longer in the 2nd Half in a 3-3 game vs Buffalo and Tua goes 3 n Out 3x in a row to start the 2nd Half, get out of here with this nonsense. You can't beat anyone playing football that way but especially the Buffalo Bills. 

That's not a professional offense, they lack an impact RB, no consistency at WR, a stud TE though, OL that was blocking well this past weekend at least in the run game. They have zip at OC and for some reason that makes Flores happy, he doesn't want anyone that thinks they are smart in the same room with him, that's a problem. King Flores has run a few out of here and he chopped off all the leadership in the locker room from a year ago. 

All of it has to go...3 year set back @Todem? I think more like 5-7 minimum. Because they tore it all down already, did a complete rebuild or tried, Ross won't allow that again so it's going to be a rise to mediocrity, 6-7 wins a season with no QB and no end in sight. They don't have players that anyone is going to want to trade for. I miss Kyle Van Noy but he's helping the Patriots get back to the top which they are building out and getting Mac Jones acclimated quickly to life in the NFL.

We suck, we just suck and Ross is to blame for sure, he should be forced to sell. He's also very old and didn't know much about football to start with. Even a drunk tailgate'r from outside the Stadium on Sundays could run this team better than Ross has.  
Who are the candidates to replace Grier and Flores? For GM, I have no idea. 

Not Bienemy as coach, too much baggage and his success is based on future HOFer Mahomes. Like Gase with Manning. 

Greg Roman had success with Kapernick, which means something, and now Lamar who keeps getting better. Tyrod Taylor had a good season with him in Buffalo, per his bio.

Who are the candidates to replace Grier and Flores? For GM, I have no idea. 

Not Bienemy as coach, too much baggage and his success is based on future HOFer Mahomes. Like Gase with Manning. 

Greg Roman had success with Kapernick, which means something, and now Lamar who keeps getting better. Tyrod Taylor had a good season with him in Buffalo, per his bio.
Roman means a completely different style of offense, you need a very specific QB to run it and they usually need to learn to be a passer like Lamar has and that will be frustrating. That said I have no idea who you get but I'm on the burn it all down bandwagon now.

MOP: I disagree with you still but it’s never ending. I can understand that Tua is a reason for this but he’s not THE reason but potato pOtato at this point. 

Miami has the misfortune of finding guys who think they are smarter than everyone else, but end up picking the wrong guy. I think it comes down to Stephen Ross and what he likes to hear in interviews. If you say what he wants to hear, the job is yours. Say something he doesn’t agree with then you take yourself out of the running. 

when Russell Wilson was coming out of college his coach interviewed for the dolphins job. Question was asked: what’s the first thing you’d do as head coach and he replied “draft Russell Wilson and win a few super bowls” Ross and company thought he was nuts. This, in a nutshell, is the issue. 

the coaches we passed on over the years are pretty remarkable. Tomlin, Sean Payton (couldnt get permission if I recall). Flores and Sporano I think are “decent” but not spectacular hires (after all this crappiness I was actually rethinking what wanny  accomplished here as a coach was pretty commendable (his drafting still sucks)).  

the offensive coordinators have all been mediocre at best (other than the wildcat, that was some smart coaching) and the o line hasn’t been functional since sporano was here. Defensively we’ve held our own until this year but now what. I’m at a loss. Even a guy like harbaugh if he left Michigan would have an issue here. Sigh. We’ve become the jets. 

I watched some of ya'lls game this weekend, and like Taylor Beerman for my Washington team, Tua just doesn't have the needed arm strength in today's game IMO. He just floats way too many balls. Ya'll need a QB as bad as we do. At least you have a boat load of picks to hopefully make that happen. 

I watched some of ya'lls game this weekend, and like Taylor Beerman for my Washington team, Tua just doesn't have the needed arm strength in today's game IMO. He just floats way too many balls. Ya'll need a QB as bad as we do. At least you have a boat load of picks to hopefully make that happen. 
Had a boatload of picks.

In 2022, currently 1.13 and 2.02, nothing in the 3rd, after giving away currently 1.02 and 3.03 in tradeups for Waddle and Eichenberg. 

2 first rounders in 2023, ours and SF's.

SO funny......non Dolphin fans coming here thinking we have all this cap space and picks......it has been 25 years since we knew what to do with draft picks and cap space.

R U freaking kidding me?

We are the Browns, Lions and Jets......WE STINK TOP TO BOTTOM. ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

-"Due Diligence"  :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

They actually ran the Miami Dolphins on the ticker with this as the tagline and owner Stephen Ross in the same sentence across the sports outlets. 

Ogbah is coming off a terrific 2020 season and despite his sacks being down, he has his number called almsot every week, by now the rest of the NFL knows this guy is pretty good. 

Currently 7th in the NFL at his position out of 108 according to PFF

-Free Agent end of season, why not trade him for a 2nd or 3rd to a playoff bound team salivating for more in their Front 7? I don't see them bringing him back or Ogbah really wanting to stay here. He's likely to see something North of the $10M a season range even if it is short term. He makes about $8 to $9M already, it's not a stretch in the upcoming free agency bonanza, teams have a lot of money to toss around it seems.  

They signed him as a free agent, why not turn it into a draft pick vs watching him just sign with another team?

Ogbah is coming off a terrific 2020 season and despite his sacks being down, he has his number called almsot every week, by now the rest of the NFL knows this guy is pretty good. 

Currently 7th in the NFL at his position out of 108 according to PFF

-Free Agent end of season, why not trade him for a 2nd or 3rd to a playoff bound team salivating for more in their Front 7? I don't see them bringing him back or Ogbah really wanting to stay here. He's likely to see something North of the $10M a season range even if it is short term. He makes about $8 to $9M already, it's not a stretch in the upcoming free agency bonanza, teams have a lot of money to toss around it seems.  

They signed him as a free agent, why not turn it into a draft pick vs watching him just sign with another team?
Because Chris Grier is our GM.

Do we need to ask why this is a dumpster fire anymore? Biggest hack job of a rebuild I ever saw. Failed on every front.

Wilkins 7th/123 DLine...he is ranked 7th in the entire NFL according to PFF

R.Davis 120th/123 DLine...how is that possible? I have watched this guy on rush defense and he's impressive, not sure how they are measuring these things. 

Zach Seiler 9th/123 DLine...I know this guy is good, he doesn't always have flashy stat lines. 

That's the base of our interior Defensive Line, what are your all thoughts on this? I'm going to start breaking things down by position and areas, we've talked endlessly about Tua, we're past the tread deadline so I think we should start focusing on areas beyond QB and where we are going in the next 12 months with what we have. 

Wilkins 7th/123 DLine...he is ranked 7th in the entire NFL according to PFF

R.Davis 120th/123 DLine...how is that possible? I have watched this guy on rush defense and he's impressive, not sure how they are measuring these things. 

Zach Seiler 9th/123 DLine...I know this guy is good, he doesn't always have flashy stat lines. 

That's the base of our interior Defensive Line, what are your all thoughts on this? I'm going to start breaking things down by position and areas, we've talked endlessly about Tua, we're past the tread deadline so I think we should start focusing on areas beyond QB and where we are going in the next 12 months with what we have. 

Not sure how they can rank Wilkins so high. He is a good pass rusher, but just miserable against the run.

Slow news week in the NFL... :whistle:

-Watson updates if we need to hash these out but we should make some notes...

Stephen Ross the owner didn't get permission to speak to Watson until Monday Night. That seems like almost impossible to get a deal done by 4:00 Tue if that's true. 

Ross gave the final authority to not trade for Watson...who is running the Miami Dolphins exactly? If Ross is using Grier as a puppet mostly that he can do what he wants behind the scenes, we as. fan base should not be arguing players and coaches, the owner is the biggest problem here. But many of us have posted this several times over many seasons. 

Houston and Miami is really both so dysfunctional the trade probably never had a chance to truly happen.  

-Deal was done 10 days ago! According to Mike Florio the Dolphins were working to try and get the harassment claims settled sorta on the side or get them to go away and once the Texans caught wind of that, they drove the price up to a point Miami and nobody frankly could afford. 

-I don't think Watson is getting more valuable sitting on the shelf, not sure what his market will be in the off season, next Sept he would be 18 months removed from a live NFL game. 

17-9 very ugly football game and Tua was apparently nursing ribs and more, he was inactive-injured for the game. 

Miami improves 2-7 on the season with the Ravens rolling into town on Thursday Night. If Tua couldn't play yesterday, what are the chances Thursday Night?

17-9 very ugly football game and Tua was apparently nursing ribs and more, he was inactive-injured for the game. 

Miami improves 2-7 on the season with the Ravens rolling into town on Thursday Night. If Tua couldn't play yesterday, what are the chances Thursday Night?
Out because he couldn't make all the throws due to swelling in his fractured middle finger suffered in his last game, yet was seen throwing pre game.  

Another ugly game but even uglier for the Ravens. Whoever was saying Miami should look at Roman as a coach last night should have convinced you what a disaster of an idea that is. Talk about a one trick pony that can't adjust during the game. On the plus side sneak a few more wins and that draft pick going to the eagles won't look as bad.

Ogbah looked really good last night.

Tua may only end up a NFL backup bur Brissett isn't even that.

Users who are viewing this thread