What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Draft Time (6 Viewers)

An unenviable Waddle record. 12 catches for 58 yards. Maybe he wasn't worth 2 first round picks.

>>Jaylen Waddle of the Dolphins just produced the lowest receiving yards total for any non RB with 12 or more catches in a a single NFL game since stats started being kept in 1950, per@Stathead<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/StatsSAC/status/1442275672228040707

:drive:

Horrible use of 1st round picks, burned extra to move up to get him, Smith looks better so far in Philly. 

4-Next week 0-3 Colts

5-Week after @TB, that's a loss and you know it. 

6-@Jax, hopefully we win this one. 

7-ATL, despite them winning @NYG yesterday they don't look too impressive. 

3 of their next 4 games are highly winnable depending on your POV, we feasted on mediocre teams last year. So far we got spanked by a great team in Buffalo and they are really good, you could see them exploding on a decent WFT defense yesterday. We also got beat on the last play of Overtime to an undefeated Raiders team. And then we managed to beat a rookie by 1-pt in Week 1, that is who we are right now. 

Past these games we will see teams like the Baltimore Ravens which if you have been watching them the 1st 3 weeks as I have, not that good. Panthers, Giants, Saints and Titans really striking fear into you? Because outside of the division where we get the Jets twice, Pats again, rookie QBs to try and outwit, there's a real shot at them staying in the Playoff Hunt and here is where I am really going with this...Deshaun Watson. 

Watson would crush these teams in front of us on the schedule with the weapons they have right now. 

Miami is 1-2, imagine if they had won yesterday, imagine what the media would be saying today. As it is Chris Grier is starting to feel his seat warming up, when do they pull the trigger on Watson? 

BAL, NYG and CAR are all HOME games not that it matters perhaps but these are not going to be in hostile environments and Tua will be back in the fold by then, they are letting his ribs heal and they better figure out a way to win against Indy at home this week. 

10 hours ago, SoBeDad said:
An unenviable Waddle record. 12 catches for 58 yards. Maybe he wasn't worth 2 first round picks.

>>Jaylen Waddle of the Dolphins just produced the lowest receiving yards total for any non RB with 12 or more catches in a a single NFL game since stats started being kept in 1950, per@Stathead<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/StatsSAC/status/1442275672228040707

Expand  
:drive:

Horrible use of 1st round picks, burned extra to move up to get him, Smith looks better so far in Philly. 

Waddle looks good to me. Not his fault the line can't block so they use him as an extension of the running game on the edge. Problem is with the scheme/play calling.

Brissett is rated higher than Tua in 2021 on pff. FitzMagic was rated higher than Tua in 2019. 

Conclusion: Tua is part of the problem.

Brissett was our highest rated player on offense vs LV.

>>Highest-graded #Dolphins offensive players in Week 4: * Jacoby Brissett - 77.7 * Mike Gesicki - 73.8 * Adam Shaheen - 73.0 * Michael Deiter - 67.0 * Myles Gaskin - 65.4<<

Pass blocking grades. Liam gave up lots of pressures.

>>Robert Hunt (RG) - 65.8 *Michael Deiter (C) - 62.5 *Austin Jackson (LT) - 46.1 *Jesse Davis (LG) - 42.8 *Liam Eichenberg (RT) - 30.5<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/1442496047889088514

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/1442502797799350273

I had fun watching Justin Herbert beat KC.....in KC.

Watching a real team. 

Dolphins are a tranwreck and it starts at the very top. Ross is a baboon of an owner and as long as he continues to make incredibly bad decisions on who runs his scouting and front office....this will be the result. He pissed on this teams history when he first got here......and backtracked all that. He is a joke.

Flores is a great coach. But I do not want him anywhere near the draft room anymore. What has he done to warrant such power to have final sign off on draft picks? 

I was laughed at for suggesting Herbet was the man......literally by a lot of “Dolphins fans” in my circles down here. Dolphins fans may well be one of the worst fanbases and most clueless bases in terms of knowing what a good football player looks like. 

I fell into the Tua trap like everyone else though...being a die hard Dolphins fan...you end up believing. But I wanted Herbert....I really did. But it became apparent the Dolphins had zero interest LOL. 

They blew one of the easiest QB picks since Dan Marino. Literally blew it. And they have also burned a lot of draft capital. 

The defense is a bright spot.....but elite offenses will carve us up. And we can’t stop the run with Davis out. Another glaring weakness with the Wilkens pick. 

It has been one failed draft after another for 21 years folks. 

Go Chargers. They need some fans.

I want to have fun watching football.....this team has not been fun since Marino retired. Just a lousy franchise that has been run into the ground. Last season's 10-6 was a fluke. This start proves it.

The OL is an utter mess. The QB situation is still a freaking situation. We have no legit playmakers. Waddle has not even come close to even breaking free for anything. I also suggested a ways back Devonta Smith.....too small was all I heard. Yeah ok.  Kid is a legit play maker. We could have taken Naji Harris a wrecking ball 3 down back.....the jury is still out on Phillips. Let him get in a three point stance and let him loose. Stop trying to make him an outside LB. He does not have he mental makeup to digest being a multi use edge rusher. He is a simply a DE. Let him rush the passer from the DE position and step ####### around with his head. He cannot think. He needs to just do.

POP GUN OFFENSE, Train wreck front office.....lost cause.

(drop the mic)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's tough this morning waking up in Miami and knowing that we are still stuck in the same nightmare we have had for the last couple decades here. Cannot build an OL even with lots of draft picks, 4 of the 5 this past weekend were from our last 2 Drafts and you can't expect miracles but the early returns are terrible. And if the OCs are this bad and they are amongst the league worst right now, we have no real names wanting to come down here and run our offense or maybe Flores creeps them out since he fires them quickly and I would not be surprised if we see a change coming or a demotion or a promotion from the RB Coach and I just made that up, have no idea the man or woman's name running these units. 

The 2nd issue we have not managed to get over in 2 decades is Quarterback and we're still looking. This team needs to start burning a 1st every year until they can find a QB who can function with no OL, ####ty RBs, WRs that don't match the QB skill set and a never ending revolving door of Offensive Coordinators and coaches, GMs and VPs, and an 81 year old owner that has never gotten past the Wildcard in his days of ownership here. 

2016-Beaten like a drum by Pittsburgh in Wildcard

2008-Beaten like a drum by Baltimore in the WIldcard

2001-Beaten like a drum by Baltimore in the WIldcard 

How does this team still have any fan base left?

It's tough this morning waking up in Miami and knowing that we are still stuck in the same nightmare we have had for the last couple decades here. Cannot build an OL even with lots of draft picks, 4 of the 5 this past weekend were from our last 2 Drafts and you can't expect miracles but the early returns are terrible. And if the OCs are this bad and they are amongst the league worst right now, we have no real names wanting to come down here and run our offense or maybe Flores creeps them out since he fires them quickly and I would not be surprised if we see a change coming or a demotion or a promotion from the RB Coach and I just made that up, have no idea the man or woman's name running these units. 

The 2nd issue we have not managed to get over in 2 decades is Quarterback and we're still looking. This team needs to start burning a 1st every year until they can find a QB who can function with no OL, ####ty RBs, WRs that don't match the QB skill set and a never ending revolving door of Offensive Coordinators and coaches, GMs and VPs, and an 81 year old owner that has never gotten past the Wildcard in his days of ownership here. 

2016-Beaten like a drum by Pittsburgh in Wildcard

2008-Beaten like a drum by Baltimore in the WIldcard

2001-Beaten like a drum by Baltimore in the WIldcard 

How does this team still have any fan base left?
Go Chargers tonight......that is all I can say.

This team does not deserve one red cent from anyone in South Florida. 

It is a travesty.....MOP you and I grew up in the Shula/Killer Bee’s/Marino era.....younger Dolphin fans do not even know how great it was to be a fan back when Joe Robbie owned the team. And make no mistake.....he was not some amazing “open the checkbook” owner. But he was a football guy. He let Don Shula do what he had too. And Shula was not perfect. He made draft blunders....they all do.

But the level of draft and personnel failure we have seen the last 21 years rivals the Lions and Browns. We are in that tier of buffoonery in the NFL.

Do what I did.....adpot a new team to enjoy your football every weekend. 

Stick a fork in this pile of steaming ####. The ship has taken on far more water than it can handle and there are no lifeboats. Grier will be fired....and Flores is next on the block. This is his mess. He is the captain. And this team looks like a train wreck under his leadership.

Last season was a complete fluke. It is obvious. We were an imposter in 2020. This is the real team....what we are seeing right now.

Turds.

Have you noticed how Brissett does well when he throws on the run and on his deep passes? From the pocket, he had some short throws that were way off the mark. I'm thinking of the 4th and 20 conversion to Gesicki in the Raider game and almost every deep pass to Parker has hit him in the hands, plus the longer pass in the endzone to Fuller in LV. We need a 2 QB system to go with our 2 OC system. Tua to start the game, Brissett when we need a yard or 2 to take advantage of his running ability, and when it's 3rd and long. 

The tide turned on Grier after the Buffalo loss. Now the tide has turned on Flores. Why did he fire Chad O'Shea after the offense came on late in 2019? Because the offense was too complex? The current offense is too simple.

Have you noticed how Brissett does well when he throws on the run and on his deep passes? From the pocket, he had some short throws that were way off the mark. I'm thinking of the 4th and 20 conversion to Gesicki in the Raider game and almost every deep pass to Parker has hit him in the hands, plus the longer pass in the endzone to Fuller in LV. We need a 2 QB system to go with our 2 OC system. Tua to start the game, Brissett when we need a yard or 2 to take advantage of his running ability, and when it's 3rd and long. 

The tide turned on Grier after the Buffalo loss. Now the tide has turned on Flores. Why did he fire Chad O'Shea after the offense came on late in 2019? Because the offense was too complex? The current offense is too simple.
But Brissett not seeing open receivers is a problem. I guess that's why he's a backup.

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1444716267127115785?s=19

He is a one read QB. He is god awful.

Again...... we have no QB. Tua is only two weeks away from his next injury.
Brissett is 24-29 in his career, which is decent for a backup. The coaches should take advantage of his strengths, but I have no confidence they will. I would call him more of a check down QB, too cautious or slow to make up his mind. And some accuracy issues on short passes yesterday. About 2.5 times more TDs than INTs. He is a good scrambler, avoids the rush, and seems to be more accurate on the run and with deep passes. Put him in hurry up mode from the beginning.

I'd like to see Sinnett in a real game, but TB would be a challenge. 

Maybe it's better to keep losing, to ensure that Grier leaves town. 

Brissett is 24-29 in his career, which is decent for a backup. The coaches should take advantage of his strengths, but I have no confidence they will. I would call him more of a check down QB, too cautious or slow to make up his mind. And some accuracy issues on short passes yesterday. About 2.5 times more TDs than INTs. He is a good scrambler, avoids the rush, and seems to be more accurate on the run and with deep passes. Put him in hurry up mode from the beginning.

Grier......the genius gave our 2022 1st rounder to the Eagles.....so we better root for the Eagles to keep losing as bad as we are so we can at least be right next to them for the 2022 draft....which is going to be WEAK for QB’s. 

We are cursed.

We can’t take advantage of anything when your OL is the worst in the league....THE WORST!!!!! And you have the 3 stooges for OC’s......we are the only team with this ####show of an arrangement running our offense. I mean this is lunacy. 

Here is what is sad.....I would take 28 starting QB’s over Tua in the league right now. The only ones I would pass on are Mills in Houston and Big Ben in Pittsburgh. 

How incredibly awful of a light does that put this pick into? 

Let’s see what Tua does when he returns......I want this guy to be great....but we know better.

Justin Herbert.....the quiet one.....dominated last night. Making pin point laser throws all over the place. 

SMFH.

Oh.....Go Chargers.....they need fans.

Grier......the genius gave our 2022 1st rounder to the Eagles.....so we better root for the Eagles to keep losing as bad as we are so we can at least be right next to them for the 2022 draft....which is going to be WEAK for QB’s. 

We are cursed.

We can’t take advantage of anything when your OL is the worst in the league....THE WORST!!!!! And you have the 3 stooges for OC’s......we are the only team with this ####show of an arrangement running our offense. I mean this is lunacy. 

Here is what is sad.....I would take 28 starting QB’s over Tua in the league right now. The only ones I would pass on are Mills in Houston and Big Ben in Pittsburgh. 

How incredibly awful of a light does that put this pick into? 

Let’s see what Tua does when he returns......I want this guy to be great....but we know better.

Justin Herbert.....the quiet one.....dominated last night. Making pin point laser throws all over the place. 

SMFH.

Oh.....Go Chargers.....they need fans.
I'll almost give Grier a pass on Tua, since most fans and pundits were sold on Tua. But it's Grier's job to do due diligence, I wonder what his grade on Herbert was. He obviously didn't watch Chris Simm's QB ratings video. At this point, Tua is a bottom 5 QB, lower if you include his injury history. 

The trade down with SF was great, the trade up for Waddle will be epic GM disaster if Miami has a top 5 pick in 2022 owned by Philly, and SF's pick is in the 15-20 range. Stay at 12, draft Micah or Slater, and get 2 WRs later. It's impossible to hit on every pick,  that's why having multiple picks is usually better unless there is a generational talent, like Sewell. Waddle is not generational from what I've seen. I think 1.18 Austin Jackson  gets benched soon, and 1.30 Noah Igbinoghene will be cut in 2022. 

I wonder if empty stands and being bottom dwellers in the standings would prompt Ross to move on from Grier and Flores.

So year 2 of the Rookie QB arc where you hopefully get to pay that position far under market value for most starting QBs and can load up the OL/DL and make a deep playoff run...Year 2 is a wash or waste already...might be time to start looking at QBs but a plethora of arms entered the league in the last 2-3 years, doesn't seem with all those 1st round picks we had that we got anything at all. 

Tua Year 2-Wasted 

This. I like their colors at least and their unis.  I’ve been a Dolphins fan for 38 years and these post-Marino years have been tough.  
The Marino years were tough as well, in his prime from 1986 thru 1989, 4 seasons in a row Miami didn't make the Playoffs. 

Playoffs in the 90s were mostly losses up in Buffalo during January. It felt good at the time though that Miami was one of the better teams but not good enough to really make a Super Bowl. Lot of it had to due with no real running game under Marino...Higgs, remember him? Parmalee? Sammie Smith and the list is endless, the first two I mentioned were actually decent, Higgs and Parmalee who I believe was a UPS driver some of the time if memory serves me right. 

As a Colts fan I could have told you he wasn't the answer.  Hell, everyone knows he's not the answer.  I believe Tua will be back in a couple of weeks.  It can't come soon enough for Miami skill players, yet he may not be the answer either.  DeShaun Watson anyone?

The Marino years were tough as well, in his prime from 1986 thru 1989, 4 seasons in a row Miami didn't make the Playoffs. 

Playoffs in the 90s were mostly losses up in Buffalo during January. It felt good at the time though that Miami was one of the better teams but not good enough to really make a Super Bowl. Lot of it had to due with no real running game under Marino...Higgs, remember him? Parmalee? Sammie Smith and the list is endless, the first two I mentioned were actually decent, Higgs and Parmalee who I believe was a UPS driver some of the time if memory serves me right. 
At least watching Marino play made it tolerable.  Yes, I believe he was a UPS driver.  Wow.  That takes me back.  I remember being so excited when they drafted Terry Kirby, but he was another bust. 

I live in Nebraska - always have.  When I was 13 we visited my brother, who lived and worked in Miami. He gave me a Dolphin's helmet and that was the beginning of my fandom. It would be so much easier to be a Chiefs fan - It's a 3 hour drive from where I live and that brother now lives in KC.  All my in-laws live in KC (my wife is from there). I'm a Husker fan and I own a lot of red.  Lots of good reasons to switch to the Chiefs.  But, I'm a Phins fan for life.  

1.13 in 2019, Miami takes Christian Wilkins who has almost no sacks over his career. 

Brian Burns from Florida State was taken 3 picks AFTER Wilkins and plays Edge along the line and he has almost 20 Sacks over the same stretch...Wilkins has a total of 10 QB hits, not sacks, hits. Burns has 41! 

The grand Jakeem experiment seems to be over.  he, his fast feet and his stone hands going to the bears.
A good move. 6th rounder in 2023. Jakeem was himself a 6th rounder. Waddle to return punts hopefully. He also fumbled one earlier. Let's see how special he is.  Noah Igbinoghene was good at KO returns in college. But maybe this trade benefits the Unicorn. 

A good move. 6th rounder in 2023. Jakeem was himself a 6th rounder. Waddle to return punts hopefully. He also fumbled one earlier. Let's see how special he is.  Noah Igbinoghene was good at KO returns in college. But maybe this trade benefits the Unicorn. 
Preston is another healthy inactive every week. Surprised they can't trade him and his speed to a team with a big arm QB who can sling it a couple times a game down field and hook up with him. 

1.13 in 2019, Miami takes Christian Wilkins who has almost no sacks over his career. 

Brian Burns from Florida State was taken 3 picks AFTER Wilkins and plays Edge along the line and he has almost 20 Sacks over the same stretch...Wilkins has a total of 10 QB hits, not sacks, hits. Burns has 41! 
In defense of Grier on this one, Wilkins is a run stopper who has improved every year. His current pff is 76.  He fits the Dolphins scheme, if you have good edge rushers. Miami has bombed with their high draft picks on offense (Noah Igbinoghene and Charles Harris are exceptions on defense and ). Tua, Waddle at the price of 2 high firsts, Jackson, Rosen for a 2nd. 

2020 NFL Draft

1.05 Tua 

1.06 Justin Herbert

Should be on a t-shirt and worn into Hard Rock on Sundays.  
I did one better. I bought a powder blue Herbert Jersey two weeks ago.

I wear it every Sunday now. 

Been a Fins fan for 46 years......46. 

I will not support this owner one day longer. Wake me up when Ross is no longer part of this team...or anyone in his family. It has been pure dog ####. 

I mean......who wants to waste 3.5 hours every Sunday to watch this garbage? Not me. I am done with em. 

Go Chargers!!!!!!

I did one better. I bought a powder blue Herbert Jersey two weeks ago.

I wear it every Sunday now. 

Been a Fins fan for 46 years......46. 

I will not support this owner one day longer. Wake me up when Ross is no longer part of this team...or anyone in his family. It has been pure dog ####. 

I mean......who wants to waste 3.5 hours every Sunday to watch this garbage? Not me. I am done with em. 

Go Chargers!!!!!!
Games I thought Miami would compete in are going to be losses. Carolina and the New York Giants will run thru us where a month ago i would have thought we either would be favored or might win. 

Jacksonville is going to start circling the wagons as they approach the Oct 17th game against Miami, is that in London? Jacksonville will have lost 20 in a row or more at that point, imagine the Phins get beat in that game. 

Start looking at the schedule and I think the Jets will beat us at least once i not twice now, seriously that QB they got is good and he will be a lot better in a month or more when we see him for the first time. Bucs, Bills, Ravens, Titans, think we are gonna be looking at a 4-5 win season if that...doesn't SF or Philly or someone own our 1st next year? 

And a sea of Herbert Jerseys in Hard Rock taunting the owner and front office would also be fun to see. Looked like a lot of empty seats last week, nice weather as well. 

Fuller to IR for at least 3 games with a broken finger. The middle one perhaps. Another injury-prone choice by Grier. $10mil that could've been spent elsewhere. Fuller and Waddle were attempts by Grier to prove that Tua was a good choice in the 2020 draft. 

For those interested in Dolphins for fantasy players. DON'T.  Well, Fuller's move to IR and the trade of Grant to the Bears gives Waddle a small boost, he will likely return punts. And the Unicorn could be active for the next game  at TB.

Fuller to IR for at least 3 games with a broken finger. The middle one perhaps. Another injury-prone choice by Grier. $10mil that could've been spent elsewhere. Fuller and Waddle were attempts by Grier to prove that Tua was a good choice in the 2020 draft. 

For those interested in Dolphins for fantasy players. DON'T.  Well, Fuller's move to IR and the trade of Grant to the Bears gives Waddle a small boost, he will likely return punts. And the Unicorn could be active for the next game  at TB.
Curious @SoBeDadHow long have you been a Fins fans. Since what year.

1975 here. So know where my white flag came from.....I just can’t care anymore about this once proud franchise with this ownership and now 21 year history of utter failure from the top down.  

As a life long Phins fan, I don't have a problem with Waddle at this point. Give the kid a shot. Fuller? Oof!

Did Fitzmagic dirty last year. Should have let Tua sit all season & kept Fitz. Fitz should still be on the roster as well

Curious @SoBeDadHow long have you been a Fins fans. Since what year.

1975 here. So know where my white flag came from.....I just can’t care anymore about this once proud franchise with this ownership and now 21 year history of utter failure from the top down.  
I grew up near the site of the old Orange Bowl and my family would park cars for Hurricane and Dolphin games starting around 1965. We were 5 blocks away in the $1 to $2 range. A corner lot so most cars weren't blocked in. I became a serious fan during the 1971 Cristmas day overtime win over the KC Chiefs in what is still the longest game. My grandparents, parents and 4 siblings were glued to the TV during our Christmas gathering. There were lots of HOFers in the game: Griese, Csonka, Warfield, Langer, Little, Buonoconti and of course Shula. Garo Yepremian won it in overtime. Then SB victories the next 2 years including perfection in 1972. Shula had only 2 losing seasons out of 33 as a head coach.

My most memorable game in the stands was the Epic in Miami on Jan 1982, a 41-38 overtime loss to the Fouts, Winslow and the Chargers in the noisy Orange Bowl. Strock took over for an ineffective Woodley after the score was 24-0 and engineered a comeback. The hook and lateral to Tony Nathan brought the Dolphins back to 24-17 on the last play of the half. The atmosphere was electric until the end. I saw several exciting games in the Orange Bowl with Marino, but not the 1985 win over the undefeated Bears. Those were the days.

Shula and Riley are examples of how things get turned around. I don't think Grier or Flores are up to the task.

As a life long Phins fan, I don't have a problem with Waddle at this point. Give the kid a shot. Fuller? Oof!

Did Fitzmagic dirty last year. Should have let Tua sit all season & kept Fitz. Fitz should still be on the roster as well

I'm cool with Gesicki- he's getting some high value targets 

I grew up near the site of the old Orange Bowl and my family would park cars for Hurricane and Dolphin games starting around 1965. We were 5 blocks away in the $1 to $2 range. A corner lot so most cars weren't blocked in. I became a serious fan during the 1971 Cristmas day overtime win over the KC Chiefs in what is still the longest game. My grandparents, parents and 4 siblings were glued to the TV during our Christmas gathering. There were lots of HOFers in the game: Griese, Csonka, Warfield, Langer, Little, Buonoconti and of course Shula. Garo Yepremian won it in overtime. Then SB victories the next 2 years including perfection in 1972. Shula had only 2 losing seasons out of 33 as a head coach.

My most memorable game in the stands was the Epic in Miami on Jan 1982, a 41-38 overtime loss to the Fouts, Winslow and the Chargers in the noisy Orange Bowl. Strock took over for an ineffective Woodley after the score was 24-0 and engineered a comeback. The hook and lateral to Tony Nathan brought the Dolphins back to 24-17 on the last play of the half. The atmosphere was electric until the end. I saw several exciting games in the Orange Bowl with Marino, but not the 1985 win over the undefeated Bears. Those were the days.

Shula and Riley are examples of how things get turned around. I don't think Grier or Flores are up to the task.
I was there for the 1982 game....as well as Marino's entire career. We were season ticket holders 1975 thru 1996. After Jimmy’s first year we had enough. Saw the writing on the wall.

And I agree Grier and Flores are epic failures. Their handling of the drafts are a clear example of what incompetent drafts look like. Hell the last 21 years are a clear example of that. A true disaster that will again be on full display this Sunday. I will be surprised if we don’t lose by less than 21 points. It might be the ugliest loss yet. Uglier than the Bills loss in week 2. 

They had the chance to draft a generational talent in Justin Herbert. It is stunning how badly they blew that pick. All the red flags of Tua were there. Injury history, average arm, smaller frame....ALABAMA. Herbert had all the physical tools and a great IQ. He is quiet.....so what. He leads by example. Just ridiculous....pure incompetence. 

The only reason I warned up to Tua was because I wanted to believe that these guys knew more than me......they are f**** clueless hacks. And there are a lot of those in NFL front offices and scouting departments. You don’t need a degree to have an eye for talent. Just incredible how badly they not only blew the Herbert pick......but all the other 1st rounders and mid round picks. The only one they really got right? Holland. Even Phillips.....jury is still out on another high risk pick....Waddle? 5th overall? When you clearly needed Sewal or Mycah Parsons, or even Jamar Chase a true alpha WR. They pick the scat and speed....another Tavon Austin in the making. I mean just absolute insanity. 

They are simply blowing pick after pick after pick after pick........like do we really think this is going to turn around? Nope.

And Ross will keep these guys again next year....because he is also a clueless owner. When I read Omar Kelly’s article empathizing with Ross I as laughing......really? You feel bad for this guy? He has made the wrong hires the moment he became the majority owner. He is zero feel about what it takes to run a football team and franchise. Pissed all over the rich history when he got here.

He parades Marino around now like he has any say. LOL. If Marino had any say I can almost assure you he wanted Herbert. No doubt in my mind.

Waddle has shown me he can catch 5 yard passes.....and run around a little bit. He has not flashed any big play ability what so ever so far. 

He is a wanna be Tyreek Hill and reeks of another Tavon Austin at this point. 

I am willing to wait......but when Tua get’s back......he will again undoubtably get hurt and he is so gun shy in the pocket already....I can already see he will hear footsteps all the time with this abortion of an OL.

We could have had Pitts or Chase......but better yet......Sewal. This team is drafting garbage.....constantly. Bust after bust after bust.

Fuller? Another huge whiff. Clear injury history.....headcase off the field apparently with personal issues all the time......this team is a #### show. 

I was there for the 1982 game....as well as Marino's entire career. We were season ticket holders 1975 thru 1996. After Jimmy’s first year we had enough. Saw the writing on the wall.

And I agree Grier and Flores are epic failures. Their handling of the drafts are a clear example of what incompetent drafts look like. Hell the last 21 years are a clear example of that. A true disaster that will again be on full display this Sunday. I will be surprised if we don’t lose by less than 21 points. It might be the ugliest loss yet. Uglier than the Bills loss in week 2. 

They had the chance to draft a generational talent in Justin Herbert. It is stunning how badly they blew that pick. All the red flags of Tua were there. Injury history, average arm, smaller frame....ALABAMA. Herbert had all the physical tools and a great IQ. He is quiet.....so what. He leads by example. Just ridiculous....pure incompetence. 

The only reason I warned up to Tua was because I wanted to believe that these guys knew more than me......they are f**** clueless hacks. And there are a lot of those in NFL front offices and scouting departments. You don’t need a degree to have an eye for talent. Just incredible how badly they not only blew the Herbert pick......but all the other 1st rounders and mid round picks. The only one they really got right? Holland. Even Phillips.....jury is still out on another high risk pick....Waddle? 5th overall? When you clearly needed Sewal or Mycah Parsons, or even Jamar Chase a true alpha WR. They pick the scat and speed....another Tavon Austin in the making. I mean just absolute insanity. 

They are simply blowing pick after pick after pick after pick........like do we really think this is going to turn around? Nope.

And Ross will keep these guys again next year....because he is also a clueless owner. When I read Omar Kelly’s article empathizing with Ross I as laughing......really? You feel bad for this guy? He has made the wrong hires the moment he became the majority owner. He is zero feel about what it takes to run a football team and franchise. Pissed all over the rich history when he got here.

He parades Marino around now like he has any say. LOL. If Marino had any say I can almost assure you he wanted Herbert. No doubt in my mind.
Agree 100%, as do most Dolphans.

Hey, maybe you paid to park in my family's yard. 1847 NW 8 street. A 4-5 block walk to and from the stadium, avoiding the congestion of closer parking. There was the attorney in the Mercedes with the younger blonde trophy wife... Nice guy, he used to give us free tickets to some games. In hindsight, we grew up somewhat poor living in an old wood frame house with termites, and no AC until I was about 13, but we didn't feel poor. My mom made sure of that. 

My phone is blowing up this morning with a lot of unconfirmed reports that the Miami Dolphins are making their offer to Houston today for DeShaun Watson. 

I will bump the Watson thread as well, only links I have are Twitter folks that are not the most reliable I find. I'll work on some links but apparently the great 81 yr old Stephen Ross has demanded that they do it. I don't even know what that means when he demands things, it's not like anything works or functions on this team so i don't think Watson walks in and we suddenly start winning football games. 

Time to bench Austin Jackson......if anyone watched the OL yesterday.....he was the weakest link by far. Consistently blown up and being mauled.

Another wonderful 1st rounder in a long line of busts for Chris Grier.

On a positive note.....Jalen Phillips is getting better and better every week. The kid has a really great motor.

Jaylen Waddle continues to look.......ordinary. While Kyle Pitts broke loose yesterday and Jamar Chase keeps lighting it up. Great job Grier......you are a true genius. 

Trey Lance looks like with some great coaching he will become a monster. But we would ruin him here.....so it really does not matter. I am convinced we would have ruined Justin Herbert too. The entire franchise is poison as far as I am concerned. Zero credibility. 

In other news Justin Herbert accounted for 5 total TD’s as the Chargers moved to 4-1. Their 3rd straight win. 

Up next.....the great Tua returns vs the Jaguars in London...what will he hurt this week? Certainly not the Jags.....but he may hurt himself. 

Great times in South Florida.

If we do make that move for Deshaun Watson......and he ends up being the guy here......they need to fire the front office and coaching staff at year end.....because their incompetence reeks.

Joe Rose has his shows archived on the Podcast and quite honestly while he is pretty sharp in general, he does take a paycheck from the Phins being the color commentator in the booth but he's 64 now getting a little long in the tooth. 

-He laid into Howard and Jerome Baker as standout stinkers and said Baker goes deeper than the box score which doesn't look all that bad but his coverage skills were terrible he said. 

-Austin Jackson now LG, admitted the failure of taking him as a LT in the mid 1st last year. I have gone back thru the draft and the only real move was addressing another position all together. In fact Jackson is not making any progress and there isn't much left for him to do than kick inside and that doesn't mean he will make it as LG either. 

-Liam Eichenburg a rookie is the Phins best option at Left Tackle. But that doesn't mean he is very good. 

-Lack of leadership, most were sent on their way and they don't have the leadership on Defense they had a year ago. 

-Justin Herbert 400 yds and 4 TDs, ran for a 5th. Bolts scored 26 in 4th Q, we can't do that in 2 games. 

-Will Fuller awesome use of free agent $10M

Time to bench Austin Jackson......if anyone watched the OL yesterday.....he was the weakest link by far. Consistently blown up and being mauled.

Another wonderful 1st rounder in a long line of busts for Chris Grier.

On a positive note.....Jalen Phillips is getting better and better every week. The kid has a really great motor.

Jaylen Waddle continues to look.......ordinary. While Kyle Pitts broke loose yesterday and Jamar Chase keeps lighting it up. Great job Grier......you are a true genius. 

Trey Lance looks like with some great coaching he will become a monster. But we would ruin him here.....so it really does not matter. I am convinced we would have ruined Justin Herbert too. The entire franchise is poison as far as I am concerned. Zero credibility. 

In other news Justin Herbert accounted for 5 total TD’s as the Chargers moved to 4-1. Their 3rd straight win. 

Up next.....the great Tua returns vs the Jaguars in London...what will he hurt this week? Certainly not the Jags.....but he may hurt himself. 

Great times in South Florida.

If we do make that move for Deshaun Watson......and he ends up being the guy here......they need to fire the front office and coaching staff at year end.....because their incompetence reeks.

They really are 0-6, let's be honest. 

2019: 0-7 Start

2021: 0-6...OK fine 1-5, have it your way. 

Stretch of 1-12 over the first 13 games of these two season, FIRE FLORES, FIRE GRIER, and Ross should be forced to sell and the city of Miami needs to turn their back n the Dolphins for  AS LONG AS DUMBO OWNS the TEAM. 

We will never move forward with Stephen Ross pulling the strings. 

Such an awful feeling to lose to Urban Meyer, all those sideline meeting with Ross in the last couple years and now he coaches the Jags and beats him in London. 

It's just been one miserable journey from the moment Ross took over as owner. 

My family always wants to buy me things on the NFL Shop and I've had to return a couple jerseys they wanted me to wear but the Tua one was sent BACK a long time ago and I'm embarrassed to wear their colors and I wont. 

I do sport a '72 Phins jersey and that's gonna be fine but the last 20-25 years has been miserable, even JJ as the head coach in Miami didn't work out. 

Papa Shula, we've fallen hard. 

Ministry of Pain said:
@SwampDawg Suggestions for a new title...

-The Hindenburg

-Ross should be forced to SELL 

-Fire GRIER and FLORES NOW! 

-Urban Meyer's ##### 

Just some suggestions, you always land the plane 
Dolphin slaughter? It's time for a complete overhaul and rebranding of the team.

By the way, Philly owns our 2022 1.03 pick from the Waddle trade-up. Waddle is not worth 2 high #1 picks. And I had forgotten that NYG owns our 2022 3.03 pick from the Eichenberg trade-up. Also, questionable value. 

Users who are viewing this thread