What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: The offseason begins. (1 Viewer)

Mando is, by far and away, my least favorite.  
His knowledge of football was always questionable and he along with many others are a major reason the Dolphins have been allowed to go unpunished much by the local media. He's bad ay his job, lucky to have one, a sports writer for a newspaper in the 21st Century would seem like an endangered species list. I used to laugh when i first returned to South Florida and my options were mostly this idiot for the Miami Herald but wait we got the drive home show with Stugotz, Mr NY Jets telling Phinsfans all about their team and what we should be doing. The whole coverage down here is pretty awful in general. I'm going back 10-15 years long before Dan LeBatard got his ESPN promotion and then subsequent release. 

As I always remind the fans, you cannot put too much stock into an ownership group and front office with the track record that Ross has at this point and his known hands on meddling with picks and hires to the coaching staff. I don't give Miami a lot of credit, they dug this hole over a long period of time. 

That said, when you look at the roster you see guys we drafted at almost every position. Parker, Waddle, Gesicki, Tua, Gaskin. Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, Eich, Deiter(could start Center) our entire starting offense minus a spot or two was built thru the Draft. I can do something similar on the Defense which in theory seems like a good thing. They are going thru shedding cap from players they don't see here long term and we haven't discussed it much but Miami is going to be way way under the cap in 2022 and 2023 the way things are shaping up. Almost all their free agents were 1 year deals and like several teams they are going to have a lot of money to spend to try and fill in the missing gaps. $60M-$75M, easy IMHO. 

I think it's clear that Grier is in sync with Flores in a way that he never was with Gase.  IMO Flores has a vision and knows more of what he wants out of each position where as hindsight clearly shows Gase didn't/doesn't.   

If we want to get into the dolphin beat writers discussion, I'm all for it. So, lets go there.

Armando: basically he let his politics intrude on his reporting, so being a raging maga head doesn't help, but on top of that he is simply just a hater now.  Not sure when the script flipped for him, but the dolphins could win the super bowl and his column the next day would be about how they didn't score enough.

Omar Kelly (and most of the Sun sentinel staff): No opinion.  Don't really get any interesting news or takes from them. Winderman is great for his heat coverage but they do not have a person that good on their phins beat.

Schad: Solid and the only reason I even look at the PBP.  

Barry Jackson:  Strangely enough, I went to high school with Barry, and early on he was a disaster, but being a decent and unassuming guy and building a network of people over the years he has turned into one of the best beat writers on the Phins, marlins, and heat (as well as TV/Radio sports reporting in general).  I read barry pretty much every day and he is the reason I have a herald subscription.

Others: 

Matt Infante: Pro football network writer and dolphin fan. Solid twitter feed and the anti-armando

Ethan Skolnick (and five reasons sports network): another S Florida sports guy who writes well.

His knowledge of football was always questionable and he along with many others are a major reason the Dolphins have been allowed to go unpunished much by the local media. He's bad ay his job, lucky to have one, a sports writer for a newspaper in the 21st Century would seem like an endangered species list. I used to laugh when i first returned to South Florida and my options were mostly this idiot for the Miami Herald but wait we got the drive home show with Stugotz, Mr NY Jets telling Phinsfans all about their team and what we should be doing. The whole coverage down here is pretty awful in general. I'm going back 10-15 years long before Dan LeBatard got his ESPN promotion and then subsequent release. 

As I always remind the fans, you cannot put too much stock into an ownership group and front office with the track record that Ross has at this point and his known hands on meddling with picks and hires to the coaching staff. I don't give Miami a lot of credit, they dug this hole over a long period of time. 

That said, when you look at the roster you see guys we drafted at almost every position. Parker, Waddle, Gesicki, Tua, Gaskin. Jackson, Hunt, Kindley, Eich, Deiter(could start Center) our entire starting offense minus a spot or two was built thru the Draft. I can do something similar on the Defense which in theory seems like a good thing. They are going thru shedding cap from players they don't see here long term and we haven't discussed it much but Miami is going to be way way under the cap in 2022 and 2023 the way things are shaping up. Almost all their free agents were 1 year deals and like several teams they are going to have a lot of money to spend to try and fill in the missing gaps. $60M-$75M, easy IMHO. 
The Miami Herald basically just took U of Miami Journalism students and elevated them to the beat when they graduated.  Mando, LeBatard, Barry all came from the UM journalism school. Most of the guys now a days are all heat guys bc, lets face it, the heat were good and the phins stunk for most of the past 15 years.

I think that Ross and this ownership group finally made a decision that I like, and that is Brian Flores.  Parcells almost got Tomlin here and lord knows what that could have done to the program (or taking brees, or bringing in brees, or if there wasn't a bad bounce in week 16 vs the pats when Wanny was coach that screwed us out of the playoffs and started the pats run).  Anyhow...

Problem I've had with the dolphins since Jimmy Johnson left is the front office has made decisions that anyone with a little bit of football knowledge would not have done. Jimmy isn't perfect here either (Randy Moss), but a lot of picks have made no sense.  Since Flores came to town the picks make more sense and most importantly, we are not wasting our picks at the top of the draft anymore. After round 3 Its all hit or miss, but before flores we were wasting picks in the top of the draft and it was killing us.

Again, I may not agree with the current picks 100%, but I see what they are attempting to do.  I hope it builds a solid foundation and works bc its been hard to be a phins fan since Danny Marino hung em up.

Jason McCourty signed according to Barry Jackson 
Kind of an odd signing for this team, can't imagine at 33 yrs old and declining skills that he is a great option for us or any better than McCain at this point. 

The upside IMHO though is McCourty's vast knowledge, 12 seasons, a Super Bowl with Flo in 2018 as a Patriot where his brother had a long flourishing career. It's possible he doesn't even make the team but his instruction and guidance for Holland all summer and Jones from last year's draft, we have 2 young Safeties and as high as we might be on their skills and optimistic about their future, the reality of 2021, Holland is going to get burned a couple times, especially early on. 

Like his knowledge and ability to mentor the young Safeties but I wouldn't assume we see him on the field a lot during the season if he even makes the roster. Hooker could still be brought in after June 1st. I still see June as a potential date where we might add another couple veterans to push the youngsters. 

Kind of an odd signing for this team, can't imagine at 33 yrs old and declining skills that he is a great option for us or any better than McCain at this point. 

The upside IMHO though is McCourty's vast knowledge, 12 seasons, a Super Bowl with Flo in 2018 as a Patriot where his brother had a long flourishing career. It's possible he doesn't even make the team but his instruction and guidance for Holland all summer and Jones from last year's draft, we have 2 young Safeties and as high as we might be on their skills and optimistic about their future, the reality of 2021, Holland is going to get burned a couple times, especially early on. 

Like his knowledge and ability to mentor the young Safeties but I wouldn't assume we see him on the field a lot during the season if he even makes the roster. Hooker could still be brought in after June 1st. I still see June as a potential date where we might add another couple veterans to push the youngsters. 
I imagine it's a "we think you'll give us similar play for less money this year" swap, kind of like Fluker for Flowers or Karras for Skura. McCain was a good fin, but his on field contribution last year wasn't much other than calling defenses and bring a team leader. Hopefully McCourty costs less and provides something similar. 

I was hoping for a 1 year prove it deal to Hooker, but he's been injured a lot so it's hard to say he would much resemble the guy who looked like a future star a couple seasons ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Kellerman for whatever reason is proclaiming the Miami Dolphins are the perfect landing spot for Aaron Rodgers. 

He's gotta fill up hours of air time but if you think about it, Miami does have a young talented team that would majorly benefit from a veteran QB and that's exactly what Fitz was doing, imagine Rodgers at the controls. 

I'll stop thinking about it because it's never gonna happen. 

#3-Fuller

#9-Noah Igbinoghene

#15-Jalen Phillips

#17-The 6-Pick...what pseedster wears 17? They couldn't find him a single digit number?

#22-Holland...NFL Shop on order already

#23-Doaks...think Ajayi wore that number

#45 Duke Riley..he better make the team

#50 McKinney...I never like that number for a LB, there's a bunch they can wear but 50 just seems like an old flat tire that needs air.

#74 Eichenberg, year I was born, wish he was a surefire, maybe he is. 

#84 Long, I like this number a lot

#89 Blount, just saying....

Max Kellerman for whatever reason is proclaiming the Miami Dolphins are the perfect landing spot for Aaron Rodgers. 

He's gotta fill up hours of air time but if you think about it, Miami does have a young talented team that would majorly benefit from a veteran QB and that's exactly what Fitz was doing, imagine Rodgers at the controls. 

I'll stop thinking about it because it's never gonna happen. 
Well we can dream right? Rodgers will never come down here. If anything he stays out west.

From the Miami Herald...

The Miami Dolphins began negotiating a trade out of the No. 3 pick at least three weeks before executing the deal, but held off until they found a path back into the top 10, where they targeted a number of offensive players including the one they ultimately took, wide receiver Jaylen Waddle.

That’s according to NBC Sports’ Peter King, who recently spent time with Dolphins general manager Chris Grier and coach Brian Flores.

In King’s latest “Football Morning in America” column, he revealed that San Francisco 49ers exec John Lynch called Grier way back on March 3 about moving from the 12th pick up to 3, a selection the Dolphins acquired from the Houston Texans in the Laremy Tunsil trade.

“We’re open,” Grier said to Lynch, according to King. “We’ll listen.”

But Flores was determined to land one of the best offensive players, and didn’t believe one would be there at 12. So Grier got the Eagles and Howie Roseman involved, resulting in the final deal: The Dolphins would move from 3 to 6 and land future draft capital, including the Niners’ first-round pick in 2023, the Eagles would slide from 6 to 12 but pick up an additional first-rounder in 2022 and the 49ers would get their quarterback in Trey Lance.

While the Dolphins knew the move might take them out of contention for Florida tight end Kyle Pitts and LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, owner Stephen Ross not only signed off on the deal but “was very excited” about it, Grier told King.

That speaks to how much they think of Waddle, who was the Dolphins’ pick at 6 over teammate DeVonta Smith.

“Right away, Brian was like, ‘If we do this, go down to 12, we need to figure out a way to get back into the top 10,’ “ Grier told King.

“We knew that DeVonta Smith, if he was the other guy, who is a very good player, was not going to be there at 12,” he continued. “We knew the players that we wanted would not be there at 12. We had very good intel, we’d done our work. We were 100 percent sure we were not going to get a targeted player, especially Jaylen, staying at 12. We felt we had to get to, eight was about where we said, but we wanted to get up higher. We weren’t real comfortable at eight . . . We felt six was the spot for us to get Waddle.”

More Dolphins revelations from King’s extensive interview with team brass:

▪ The 49ers’ original offer was three first-rounders for the third pick, but Grier, knowing he had leverage, asked for an additional third-rounder late in the process. Lynch agreed — and wasn’t even upset.  :thumbup:   MoP says this helped in Eichenberg trade

“I love dealing with Chris,” Lynch told King. “He’s not emotional about it, and his word is everything. Chris is a rock.”

“To me,” Grier said, “It’s never about winning a trade. It’s about being open, honest and working toward getting a deal both sides feel good about.” 

▪ Grier always manages a team with one eye on the future — which might rub some win-now coaches the wrong way. But that’s not the case with Flores.

“There’s a balance there, a place we’re trying to get to, somewhere in the middle,” Flores said, before adding the players the team selected from 2019-2021 will be the core of the team, and will determine whether their joint experiment is a success.

▪ Flores also touched on the decision to bench rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa twice last season and his expectations for Tagovailoa in Year 2:

“I never like to put it on one player,” Flores said. “I think we’ve got a lot of young players, and we’re looking for all of those players as well as really everyone on our team to improve in a variety of ways. If they’re putting all the work in, I expect them to improve, get better, and perform better. Tua is obviously at the top of that list. He’s been working. All signs point to—or I would say based on my experience—he’s doing everything necessary to make some improvements. That’s really all we can ask for. My thing is if you put the work in, the results will take care of themselves.

“Last year’s situation is . . . we’ve talked about this numerous times. If he had started the season, we wouldn’t have pulled him. We put him in. We’re in a playoff chase. At that point [second half in game 15, at Las Vegas, when Ryan Fitzpatrick entered in relief], it’s hey, we’ve got to do whatever we’ve got to do to try to win. But no, my confidence wasn’t shaken in him.”

-Adam Beasley wrote this column. 

A few takeaways from this article. I can see where Grier is working with Flores almost the whole way and then there is a blurb in there about Ross signing off but I didn't feel like Ross was steering the ship thru this, As many thought, they had 4 skill position guys they wanted at the top and when it came down to it, Smith was No 4 on that list apparently. It also means they settled a little bit and perhaps should have stayed at 3 and just taken Chase from LSU or Pitts from Florida. The way the article explains it though, it seems like Miami had set out to try and squeeze future draft capital and still walkaway with what they felt was an impact player. 

Pretty sure this is where Beasley got some of his stuff that I quoted from the Herald, the articles relate. Great find and link, thanks!

That whole set up King has and his FMiA Article, I'm not a huge fan of his overall football knowledge but he is No 1 at quoting and printing what the talking heads say about what he is writing. He doesn't inject opinion as much as he quotes and frames the narrative based on the responses. Now I could also tell you it's a lot of coach speak and fluff and hot air but at the end of the day, King writes some pretty awesome columns and he seems to have been given access to people others don't get, likely because he doesn't criticize as much as he tries to capture the essence of the organizational moves as they are unfolding.  

“Last year’s situation is . . . we’ve talked about this numerous times. If he had started the season, we wouldn’t have pulled him. We put him in. We’re in a playoff chase. At that point [second half in game 15, at Las Vegas, when Ryan Fitzpatrick entered in relief], it’s hey, we’ve got to do whatever we’ve got to do to try to win. But no, my confidence wasn’t shaken in him.”

I know it's quoted above, but I really love this.  

And this...as I previously mentioned I think they're working well together.  

A modern general manager in sports, not just football, should have four things going for him:

• He must know how to use leverage.

• He should have one eye on today and the other on tomorrow.

• He can’t be afraid.

• It’s optimal to work with a coach who understands when it’s smart to play for today and when it’s smart to stock up for tomorrow.

Grier is four for four. With Flores as his partner since February 2019—Flores worked in the Patriots’ scouting department for four years before becoming a coach—Grier is paired with a head coach who doesn’t just live for today. When I said that in our meeting, Flores said: “You mentioned that philosophically, coaches are about today and not about the future. I guess I’m more in tune with the future. When I get into my coaching short-term thought process, Chris pulls me out of that . . . We listen to one another and have good collaboration on everything, especially the roster. We have a similar vision for what we want the team to look like.”

I know it's quoted above, but I really love this.  

And this...as I previously mentioned I think they're working well together.  

A modern general manager in sports, not just football, should have four things going for him:

• He must know how to use leverage.

• He should have one eye on today and the other on tomorrow.

• He can’t be afraid.

• It’s optimal to work with a coach who understands when it’s smart to play for today and when it’s smart to stock up for tomorrow.

Grier is four for four. With Flores as his partner since February 2019—Flores worked in the Patriots’ scouting department for four years before becoming a coach—Grier is paired with a head coach who doesn’t just live for today. When I said that in our meeting, Flores said: “You mentioned that philosophically, coaches are about today and not about the future. I guess I’m more in tune with the future. When I get into my coaching short-term thought process, Chris pulls me out of that . . . We listen to one another and have good collaboration on everything, especially the roster. We have a similar vision for what we want the team to look like.”
And yet.......it is all about Tua. 

He needs to be the man. If not.....we are drafting another QB in 2023.

Pretty sure this is where Beasley got some of his stuff that I quoted from the Herald, the articles relate. Great find and link, thanks!

That whole set up King has and his FMiA Article, I'm not a huge fan of his overall football knowledge but he is No 1 at quoting and printing what the talking heads say about what he is writing. He doesn't inject opinion as much as he quotes and frames the narrative based on the responses. Now I could also tell you it's a lot of coach speak and fluff and hot air but at the end of the day, King writes some pretty awesome columns and he seems to have been given access to people others don't get, likely because he doesn't criticize as much as he tries to capture the essence of the organizational moves as they are unfolding.  
read the article and loved it, but it was a "Pro-dolphin" piece.  It really didn't mention how Denver knew Miami was going to take Williams and they jumped ahead of them to c-block the phins.  Miami has missed out on on a ton of RBs the past 2 years bc 1) they don't value the position that highly, but 2) they don't seem to disguise their second round picks as much as they do their first rounders.  I guess to get that kind of access you can't crap over their one mistake in the draft.

read the article and loved it, but it was a "Pro-dolphin" piece.  It really didn't mention how Denver knew Miami was going to take Williams and they jumped ahead of them to c-block the phins.  Miami has missed out on on a ton of RBs the past 2 years bc 1) they don't value the position that highly, but 2) they don't seem to disguise their second round picks as much as they do their first rounders.  I guess to get that kind of access you can't crap over their one mistake in the draft.
Maybe they wanted a safety and OT in the second round all along, and perfectly disguised it by making the world believe they wanted a RB.  Maybe Chris Grier is the Kaiser Souse of NFL GMs.  

that's a good spot to be in though

if your qb elevates to his expectations than you are set
No doubt. I want him to be awesome.

I do think we will see a nice step forward. I gave him a ton of rope last season. He had no off-season. He was rehabbing a brutal injury. But now he had a real NFL off-season, now he will have a QB camp, mini camp, OTA’s, training camp and I think we see Tua take some great strides. 

I am very bullish on him as a solid QB with the right weapons, the right system and the right coaching staff. 

If he pans out we will be in a great position the next two drafts. No doubt.

Todem said:
No doubt. I want him to be awesome.

I do think we will see a nice step forward. I gave him a ton of rope last season. He had no off-season. He was rehabbing a brutal injury. But now he had a real NFL off-season, now he will have a QB camp, mini camp, OTA’s, training camp and I think we see Tua take some great strides. 

I am very bullish on him as a solid QB with the right weapons, the right system and the right coaching staff. 

If he pans out we will be in a great position the next two drafts. No doubt.
He had some flashes (Arizona game) but also hesitancy to throw to covered receivers, like Fitzpatrick did. Tua also had a high rate of drops on catchable deep balls. I'm also hopeful.

I wish Miami had let the draft come to them and not trade away next year's #1 for Waddle, and the Waddle pick also led to trading away next years 3rd. It would've been sweet to have 2 or more firsts 4 years in a row. They wanted Waddle so there would be no excuses for Tua in 2021. 

Some comments below from Mario Cristobal about Jevon Holland. Mario also called the Dolphins repeatedly about Justin Herbert in 2020 (“I killed myself with Justin. I mean I couldn’t stop calling them”) and Penei Seweel ("And with Penei, I’m like, ‘Guys, this guy’s generational. He’s better than all of them").  I guess that is coach speech.  Mario is a great recruiter - would've been a tremendous choice for UM head coach.   

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article251365413.html

>>“That’s a phenomenal pick,” Cristobal said. “That’s a first-round talent and a first-round player. At the end of the day he played only two years of college ball but you’ve got yourselves an absolute monster. You really did.”

Why?

“He is that really rare, large human being that can play corner, that can play nickel, can play safety,” Cristobal said. “You would get a lot out of watching his high school tape and high school highlights because when we were recruiting him -- and him and Penei were in the same year -- we were like, ‘Alright we came here, the place is 4-8 and we got to turn this thing around and these two are game changers.’

“This guy will lock down anybody as a corner, as a nickel, as a safety. He’s going to be elite as a returner. And his personality is off the charts ... He played with guts, he played with passion, he’s a tremendous tackler -- I’m talking about launching his body at people.

“He can run the alley like a safety would in quarters or go fit the box like a linebacker and stone you and knock your [butt] back. He’s an exceptional, exceptional talent. He’s an elite guy, man.”<<

10 Wins and we didn't get scheduled but 1 time on Sunday Night Football. 

Week 16 we get 1 MNF appearance and that will be at New Orleans, gotta be around the time of the college playoffs. 

They only have 2 home Playoff games 1st 6 weeks during the hottest stickiest part of the season, thankfully they have them scheduled at 1:00. There was a time where the owner had asked the league to start those games later due to the intense heat. Sure it sucks for the fan base but its a huge advantage for Miami to play as many home 1:00 games in Sept and Oct as possible. 

Yeah Ross has learned a lot from his early days as an owner.  I still remember Chucky getting sunburnt his first year back on the sidelines.

Yeah Ross has learned a lot from his early days as an owner.  I still remember Chucky getting sunburnt his first year back on the sidelines.
You also understand that Ross was adamant they draft Tua and looking back I wish we had missed or landed Herbert instead. And even better would have been to get our "rookie" QB this season and used that No 3 on Fields or Lance for ourselves. I think Fields is going to be tremendous for the Bears, that team changed their arc the most in the draft IMHO.

Miami is so half full/half empty depending on how you frame it. You cannot downplay the fact they will have something like 11 starters this season from the '19, '20 and '21 Draft, that's all on Flores and Grier. Miami has built thru the draft especially on Offense. Wilkins and Davis anchor the line, Van Ginkel, Baker and Phillips in the LB/Edge crew, Howard and Holland playmakers in the Secondary, this team is built from the ground up right now. 

In theory they have done it right, I just question whether they took the right guys. They will never be able to accumulate the type of draft capital they were afforded thru the Tunsil trade. 

Had the 1.7 and my personal choices were Waddle and Smith.  I was glad the guy at 1.6 took Smith.  I would have been OK with either.

You also understand that Ross was adamant they draft Tua and looking back I wish we had missed or landed Herbert instead. And even better would have been to get our "rookie" QB this season and used that No 3 on Fields or Lance for ourselves. I think Fields is going to be tremendous for the Bears, that team changed their arc the most in the draft IMHO.

Miami is so half full/half empty depending on how you frame it. You cannot downplay the fact they will have something like 11 starters this season from the '19, '20 and '21 Draft, that's all on Flores and Grier. Miami has built thru the draft especially on Offense. Wilkins and Davis anchor the line, Van Ginkel, Baker and Phillips in the LB/Edge crew, Howard and Holland playmakers in the Secondary, this team is built from the ground up right now. 

In theory they have done it right, I just question whether they took the right guys. They will never be able to accumulate the type of draft capital they were afforded thru the Tunsil trade. 
Miami sacrificed future draft capital, going all in on competing in 2021. They gave up their 2022 first and 3rd to get Waddle and Eichenberg. I would've preferred Sewell and let the playmakers fall to them in the 2nd and 3rd. Then, in 2022, having 2 1sts and 2 3rds, would allow us to pick Tua's replacement if he doesn't work out.  We'll know this year if Tua's ceiling of a cross between Brees and Tarkenton (he can scramble) is realistic.

Still, gotta give Grier and Flores credit for the Tunsil trade and the trade down with SF, netting us 4 1sts and a third. 

Remember that almost all pundits agreed with the Tua selection. Except Chris Simms and a few others. 

I wondered if I was the only one who was really put off by Tua's comments about not feeling comfortable calling plays. 

Tim Hasselbeck was bothered by TT's comments and I am glad someone nationally pointed it out. How could he not be able to call basic plays? He might as well say he really couldn't throw the football because there are some basic components of playing QB and that comment leads me to believe that he never thought for himself at all when he was at Alabama. Maybe I am being harsh. 

“I have to be honest, I kind of read some of the comments, (but) that’s the first time I had heard him say it in that way. It kind of bothered me,” Hasselbeck said. “That should never, ever, ever happen with a quarterback, a guy that’s drafted in the first round that’s going to be the guy. I get it, the offseason was weird, it was hard, but I don’t want to hear Joe Burrow or anybody else talking about, ‘Hey, I didn’t learn the playbook.’ That, to me, is bad. Look, I do think he’ll be better, but sometimes, maybe, you don’t have to give everybody all of your information.”

MoP thought it sounded pretty horrific as well but didn't want to run right in here and keep lighting this poor guy up before we see what he can do with a little more talent around him and perhaps another year removed from the injury 🤷‍♂️

Tua the Tuna is smelling fishy right now. 

Not a great comment on his part, but I am willing to throw it out based on Covid and limited OTA's.

I think not being able to simulate real gameplay and game speed for these rookies is a thing.  Not too worried about it right now... 

JohnnyU said:
A guy responded, "Might be time to throw that stat out".
Yeah as another person said the stat is way too specific and cherry picking highly involved with it.

Still isnt clear to me if the stat overlaps college and NFL production or not. If it does that would also be a no no. Tua only has one year in the NFL so why the face?

Last edited by a moderator:
MoP I'm not all that concerned... it makes absolute sense he didn't know the playbook as well as he could've... Brady was "still trying to figure out how to call plays" midway through the year.  Was Chan partially at fault?  That's likely, he was put in a difficult spot, designing an offense to try and win with Fitz, who knows the offense cold, and then switching mid stream to try to get Tua working...without redesigning the entire offense.  

tr:dr not concerned, still looking for a jump year 1 to 2.   

Users who are viewing this thread