What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (1 Viewer)

Joe Mammy

Footballguy
Ay Caramba! I can't find any new PGA golf threads for the golf junkies (DFS or other).

Sunday in Mexico City. Rahm pulled in a beautiful 61 with an ace yesterday. In one lineup I have Rahm and Reavie who both aced yesterday on DK and I'm still not in the $, although close.

Sunday only tickets too. Bring it!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to root for Bryson.

Have to weigh my not liking him vs including him in lineups.  This week it looks like I made a bad decision.  I knew to put him in but only dislike kept him out.

I know it’s early but I’m stoked that the pga championship will be held in San Francisco. I plan on going at least 2 days but maybe Thursday-Sunday depending on the weather. I’ve never been to a tournament before, let alone a major, so I’ll start asking for suggestions as it gets closer.

have the long putters been banned yet?
I went to the Bettinardi putter site and there are no shaft options above 34.5".  Kuchar's is 42" ...and it still looks like he's using it.  I wanted one.  

On another note, I was kind of a barnrat fan, but after this interview, I am definitely a fan.  The two hosts aren't anything to write home about - the No Laying Guys are much better interviewers.  

Never heard Koepka talk like this.  Is he about to go Spieth on us? Forget how to play? For what it's worth, he's definitely not in the same shape he was last year.  Maybe can't work out like he did before the knee injury. Could be making compensations in his swing causing the double cross. He never used to miss left.  We'll see if he can break out

Shocked Im left that short. Uphill i know but figured with the juices flowing you would get it there

Loved watching Hatton's round yesterday. Makes me feel better about my own game!

Dechambeau and Im had 2 of the best approach shots over water that I've ever seen.

Anyone going to TPC? I've been to a bunch of them over the years. Crowds should be way down this week for obvious reasons.

My most memorable experience was in '92. I lived in S. Jax Beach at the time which is on the cusp of Ponte Vedra. Free tickets to round 4 were floating all over the beaches. A buddy went with me and we arrived early on Sun. We were crossing a fairway which when we looked had nobody playing on it. We were about halfway across the fairway when we heard from the tee box, "WOOO HOOO, YEEEEE HAAWWWW!!!!  We hustled across the fairway as two tee shots came whizzing down right past us- like rifle shots one after the other. 

WTH? Frozen in our tracks we watched John Daly and Mark Calcavecchia come jogging down the fairway, run up to their balls and without even a practice swing they launched their next shots and hustled after them. We learned later that they were the first to tee off that morning, decided they had nothing to lose and decided to play as fast a round as possible and get the hell out of there. They finished in 2 hours, 3 minutes and were both fined by then commish Deane Beman for not playing their best golf.

Predictably, Daly was one hot Razorback when he heard about the fine. "Me and Mark, we just wanted to have some fun today," he said. "We just wanted to show the fans a good time, and I think they enjoyed it. They didn't care what we shot. I can't believe they're saying they're going to fine us."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another time around the same era I was a huge Jack Nicklaus fan. I was following him around and he had just teed off and walked right past me. I said, "Go for it Jack!" He looked right at me and said, "go for what?"

Needless to say, I was no longer a fan of Jack.

No golf, no March Madness, no NBA, no baseball. Hmmm, what is a sports tv junkie to do?

At least Irish whiskey is on sale for Paddy's day. Time to lay in supplies before the stores shut down.

i have round 1 tickets. does anybody have an idea when the rescheduled dates might be?
Nobody knows yet, too much uncertainty. But they’re gonna have to shift a bunch of events around. At best, hope for The Open to still be played at it’s scheduled dates.

July 16-19: The Open Championship - Royal St George’s

Late July - early August: US Open (?) - Winged Foot (NY)

Late August: Tour Championship? Not even sure they’ll be a FedEx Cup playoffs.

Early September: PGA Championship - TPC Harding Park (SF)

September 27-29: Ryder Cup - Whistling Straits (WI) - maybe postpone it a year like they did after 9/11? The Fall schedule has to be scrapped. That or play them alongside the rescheduled majors as alternate events?

Early October: The Masters - Based on hotel prices, the speculation is October 15-18. It’s gonna be gorgeous with the fall colors. The course is closed every summer for over-seeding & reopens October 1. 

Yeah ANGC in fall colors will be amazing.

Can’t believe they think it’s more important to hold the FedEx Playoffs than it is to play four majors.

Looks like Winged Foot might lose the US Open to a west Coast site (Pebble or Torrey.)

The R & A has announced they are canceling the Open Championship; the PGA Championship will be held Aug. 6-9 at TPC Harding Park in San Francisco, where it was originally scheduled to be played; and the U.S. Open will be relocated to Sept. 18-21 and the championship will remain at Winged Foot in Mamaroneck, N.Y.

The Open Championship became the first major since 1945 to be canceled with the R&A announcing plans to play the 149th championship at Royal St. George’s next year and the 150thedition at St. Andrews in 2022.

TGC - Majors get fall overhaul, with Masters, PGA and U.S. Open rescheduled in 2020

About 10 min from one of the great in-game quotes in sports history:

Jackie:  ‘Be good!’

Jack...picking up tee w ball midair:  ‘It is.’

This view of Seminole is awesome. Reminds me quite a bit of Belleair CC in Clearwater...which are the two oldest courses in FL and both designed by Ross around 1900.

Users who are viewing this thread