What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

Before I queue this up later today, is this one of those everyone is in the low 60's sorta courses? Those bore me. May find something else to do. 

Masters update...there will be a 'Taste of the Masters' food tub option for purchase online...pimento cheese sandwiches, bbq, etc...wrapped in Masters logos...available for your Masters Covid party!

Missed it...what a change from last week...firm greens and wind will bring any pro to his knees.

Anybody catch Rasmus Højgaard (Denmark) winning the Euro event this morning at The Belfry?

Second win of his rookie season, just turned 19 in March. Won in his fifth European Tour event (2nd of the 2019-20 season) last December. Top 6 the last 4 events he’s played, just moved from 10th to 4th in the Race to Dubai standings and won the mini-Order of Merit for the UK swing (60K € bonus.)

Long hitter, good putter. His WR was 104 coming into the week but I imagine he’ll be in the limited field events going forward. Keep an eye out for him.

Shot a 65, including an Eagle at the 71st hole to force a playoff. Started 5 back. Tall kid with a great swing. Very impressed.

Just so I'm clear, you're cool with the BMW tee marker logos ?

Or the 2 real cars on the course?

:P
They have those at every tournament.  First time I've seen tee order decided by a golfer picking up a model of a sponsor product. 

They have those at every tournament.  First time I've seen tee order decided by a golfer picking up a model of a sponsor product. 
I'm just dicking around, now I wish there was a 5 way tie and they ran out of cars

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know what he did, but you realize Rahm is starting 2 shots off the lead with guys 1-6 shots behind him?
No, I haven't really looked at it that deeply to figure out the setup.  Was mostly just making a crack about him brain farting.  

He needs dj to choke a few away as he starts at -10. 

FTR, not a fan of this scoring approach
I like it.  It's the "playoffs."  It gives it a different feel.  I also dig how guys who weren't really in contention at the BMW were still grinding every shot to get in this weekend. 

I like it.  It's the "playoffs."  It gives it a different feel.  I also dig how guys who weren't really in contention at the BMW were still grinding every shot to get in this weekend. 
 I like the fact that the field shrinks but starting at -10 vs +1 is a fairly significant advantage. I like the prospect of anyone being able to win any tourney and this just skews it in an odd way. I guess I am just old fashioned.  :shrug:

I like the fact that the field shrinks but starting at -10 vs +1 is a fairly significant advantage. I like the prospect of anyone being able to win any tourney and this just skews it in an odd way. I guess I am just old fashioned.  :shrug:
Yeah, the alternative is that you have the potential of (for example) DJ finishing, 2nd  behind Billy Horschel (#30 going in), yet DJ wins $15 million and Horschel gets a bunch less based on his overall FedEx Cup points being lower. Pretty sure this happened a few times before the format change.

They decided they wanted the overall FedEx Cup champ to also be the winner of the last tournament, so they put this handicapping system in place to sort of preserve the points advantage of being top-ranked coming in.

Example: 2018 (from Wikipedia)

Tiger Woods won the 2018 Tour Championship but finished second in the FedEx Cup, while Justin Rose won the FedEx Cup despite finishing the tournament tied for fourth, because Woods entered the Tour Championship 20th in overall points while Rose was 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh the old way only a handful of guys could win the championship. The reason they changed it was to get rid of the awkward. Player A won the last tourney but Player B won the championship!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread