Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

Waste areas you could always ground your club.  I've played a few  courses where they had poles much like a 150 marker that determined the start of a bunker, even though it was all the same freaking sand

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

I started watching yesterday at 1:00 on ESPN. First thing I see is Zalatoris hop in a bunker and take a few practice swings digging in the sand? WTH? Then they explained there are no bunkers at the Ocean Course, it's all considered general areas and not a hazard.

Then they switch to Spieth who's looking through a yardage view finder? Am I in the twilight zone? Then I learn a new rule is the players can use them but only in the majors.

This ain't your daddy's game anymore.

Waste bunkers are a common Pete Dye thing.

I heard a discussion about range finders on the Golf Channel, they didn't seem to think it would make much difference...these guys are dialed in on distances, it more about slope, wind, etc.  :shrug:

Posted (edited)

Even though Louie and Brooks are looking strong I think BDC is the man to beat. Brooks hit a shot out of the middle of a bush to make a 60 foot eagle. He just rolled in another long eagle.

BDC has missed a couple of birdie slam dunks from less than 3 feet.

Phil will fade away...

I have bets in on 12 guys, all at long odds most from yesterday, all live bets: Cam Tringale, Conners, Keegan, Lowrey, Zally, Simpson, Cantlay, Woodland, Cam Smith, A. Wise, Casey and BDC. I just toss $10 or $20 with payouts of at least 20-1. Try to corner the leaderboard. 

Hard holes are coming up for Louie and Koepka.

Edited by Joe Mammy
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Even though Louie and Brooks are looking strong I think BDC is the man to beat. Brooks hit a shot out of the middle of a bush to make a 60 foot eagle. He just rolled in another long eagle.

BDC has missed a couple of birdie slam dunks from less than 3 feet.

He's the exception to all logic you try to put to predictions...although I did just realize he's not terrible in short game and putting stats...just average. Everyone else at the top will be a better putter though.  It's great that he's in it.

7 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Just read they penalized a player yesterday for slow play, twice he went over a minute to play a shot from the fairway so they penalized him a stroke. Of course he’s not a big name player because god forbid they penalize one of them.

First slow play penalty in like 8 years...last one was the 14-yr-old amateur at Augusta.  They put Phil and Paddy on the clock today...imagine if that actually happened.  These tourneys are too crowded.  It'll always be slow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Wonder what I would shoot in those conditions. Brutal 

I'd be way in the triple digits. But it would be a nice day at the beach.

Edited by Joe Mammy

Posted (edited)

BDC back to back mis-hits off the tee. Just saved by a tower from going OB on 4. I don't know what he was thinking on 3, shortest par 4 on the course. He could have knocked it over the green with driver, instead he had 160 left to approach.

Edited by Joe Mammy

8 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

BDC back to back mis-hits off the tee. Just saved by a tower from going OB on 4. I don't know what he was thinking on 3, shortest par 4 on the course. He could have knocked it over the green with driver, instead he had 160 left to approach.

Bad putt for bogey on 4, after getting a great break on his approach shot.

3 minutes ago, The Kansas Comet said:

Bad putt for bogey on 4, after getting a great break on his approach shot.

He looks like he's got the yips. He couldn't even exchange a club with his caddy without dropping it.

The current record for the oldest major championship winner is held by Julius Boros, who at 48 years, 4 months and 18 days old won the PGA Championship in 1968.

The second and third-oldest major champions, Tom Morris Sr. and Jack Nicklaus, were both 46 years old.

Phil turns 51 next month.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

The current record for the oldest major championship winner is held by Julius Boros, who at 48 years, 4 months and 18 days old won the PGA Championship in 1968.

The second and third-oldest major champions, Tom Morris Sr. and Jack Nicklaus, were both 46 years old.

Old and left handed. Well I have that much in common with Phil.

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, gump said:

Fowler playing well for the first time in a while...good course for his game though.

He has actually played well for awhile but only one round of the 2.   I feel like he's been shooting 66 - 77 to then miss the cut for like ,3 months lol 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Watson should have made this unreachable. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

10 under his last 18 holes lol

One of great talents of all time showing it...but I’m guessing I’m not the only one expecting some wild play from him before it’s over.

33 minutes ago, culdeus said:

While we are here.  Do we like Phil's shades?

Love em...don’t let the young guys forget he’s still FIGJAM.