Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, gump said:

One of great talents of all time showing it...but I’m guessing I’m not the only one expecting some wild play from him before it’s over.

Inevitable...he’s not done yet though.

Edited by gump

280 out and Koepka lands it on with a 3-wood off the fairway. Course length means nothing now to these guys.  Koepka definitely the favorite from here but Phil is a guy who can match his swagger.

Just now, gump said:

280 out and Koepka lands it on with a 3-wood off the fairway. Course length means nothing now to these guys.  Koepka definitely the favorite from here but Phil is a guy who can match his swagger.

Koepka  and Oosty favored over  Phil at Draftkings at the moment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I think you get the gallery to lift the cart up and carry it off, tbh.

Phil's Phollowers will lift that puppy. Oh, we have keys and can just drive it away? Okay.

The Phil Adventures continue.

2 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Tomorrow is gonna be banannas.  If one of you says weather will cause issues I'll cut your throat.

A Koepka-Phil final pairing... :popcorn:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Phil showing off his brass you know whats.

Two of the ballsiest players ever from different eras...not sure what to compare it to from that aspect...Nicklaus and Palmer?

2 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

The mirror shades mystery? Every other hole he wears them on the tee.

Rhyme or reason? Oh, it's just part of the Phil Adventure.

Skin issue and he liked the way it relaxed him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, gump said:

Two of the ballsiest players ever from different eras...not sure what to compare it to from that aspect...Nicklaus and Palmer?

Arnold yes

Jack won a lot of majors grinding out pars  and watching everybody fall away. He’s always had a knack for knowing what it would take. The charge in ‘86 was an aberration compared to the majority of his majors.

1 minute ago, gump said:

Craziest I ever personally witnessed? Daly and Calcavecchia at TPC in '92. I almost was hit by a ball crossing a fairway when there was noone on the tee when we crossed:

"A similar case, although by comparison a slow round, occured in 1992 in the final round of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, when John Daly and Mark Calcavecchia, both quick players even when leading a tournament, went round in 2 hours 3 minutes, scoring 80 and 81 respectively, and finishing 72nd and 73rd, last but one and last. Both were "put on notice" by the PGA Tour for "failure to exert their best effort", and ultimately fined an unknown amount. Daly had won $3,528 and Calcavecchia $3,492."

After I saw them hooting and hollering I followed them. Bat#### crazy golf at the pro level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Arnold yes

Jack won a lot of majors grinding out pars  and watching everybody fall away. He’s always had a knack for knowing what it would take. The charge in ‘86 was an aberration compared to the majority of his majors.

My Jack Nicklaus story. Growing up I was a huge fan of Jack, he was my fav golfer. Then later in life as an adult I followed him at TPC Sawgrass. He was in the middle of the pack and after a great drive he walked right past me. 

I said, "Go for it Jack!"

He looked at me and said, "go for what?"

I thought to myself, "what a Richard." I don't like you anymore.

• Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Arnold yes

I really meant confident...Nicklaus is the usually considered the most confident player ever I think?  Koepka and Phil are rare with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Koepka is like the only guy I don't have action on. Go away Brooks.

I put a little money on Brooks at 50-1 in an "Brooks Koepka will never ever be 50-1 ever ever again in a Major" bet late Wednesday night.  Phil is probably my favorite golfer ever.  If either of the final pairing win I'll be happy, but I'm hoping it's Phil.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sungjae Im (OWGR 23 @ age 23) birdied the 2nd and drained a 10 footer on #5 for a sand save. (-2) T9th they’ve yet to show him today.

Edited by BobbyLayne

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gump said:

Crazy 180 wind turn today from Rounds 1-3...that was actually predicted.  Crank up the drama.

strong wind today (14-17 mph)

could be interesting 

Koepka in trouble on the par 5 2nd

Edited by BobbyLayne