Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

1 minute ago, Binky The Doormat said:

reaction.

the players keep one another's official scorecard.  There is a detachable lower portion where they keep their own score - they tear that off at the end of the round to check against the official card their opponent kept.   

Ah didn't know that.  Either way, all about tradition and I don't hate it even if makes no sense :P

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

reaction.

the players keep one another's official scorecard.  There is a detachable lower portion where they keep their own score - they tear that off at the end of the round to check against the official card their opponent kept.   

I think the concept is pretty outdated for pro golfers on TV, is the point.

Heard today the USGA wants enemies  Dechambeau and Koepka plus Woodland to play together first 2 days of the US Open.  They are the last 3 winners. It  approached Woodland about it. He said, "Sure but Bryson will never do it."

I thought the defending champ traditionally plays with the Open champ and the US Am winner?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dumbo Octopus said:

Yeah, it's awesome, he can't hide it like others. 

So bizarre, how much love Bryson DeChambeau gets, the guy's a total D-bag.

He’s no Patrick reed. Koepka also hates DJ, sorry but I can’t get behind anyone who hates DJ

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Heard today the USGA wants enemies  Dechambeau and Koepka plus Woodland to play together first 2 days of the US Open.  They are the last 3 winners. It  approached Woodland about it. He said, "Sure but Bryson will never do it."

I thought the defending champ traditionally plays with the Open champ and the US Am winner?

I think that has been the typical plan. Would be much better to let that pairing happen naturally and on a weekend. Next step is they’ll mic them up and have a celebrity commentator following them.

42 minutes ago, gump said:

I think that has been the typical plan. Would be much better to let that pairing happen naturally and on a weekend. Next step is they’ll mic them up and have a celebrity commentator following them.

Pushing them together and screaming "fight fight fight!" doesn't seem very impartial from a competition standpoint.  Let them play together when they play together.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gump said:

First golf flyover? That was cool.

Spieth looking to take over #1 in the FedEx.

I have to think at this event.  Pretty sure they did this at the memorial when it was on the actual weekend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I have to think at this event.  Pretty sure they did this at the memorial when it was on the actual weekend. 

I’ve never seen it or noticed mention of it somehow...makes sense to do it here.

45 minutes ago, Dumbo Octopus said:

Whoa, Kokrak pissed, I like it.  I'll be rooting for him to take out Spith.  Me and Jason's Mom are the only one's on his side.

Still don't get what's likeable about spieth at all

• Like 1

Good leaderboard this week...but looking at the FedEx standings, with a long way to go, but wow:

1. BDC
  2. Spieth
  3. JT
  4. Hovland
  5. Kokrack
  6. Xander

...Koepka, DJ, Rahm all within reach.  

11 hours ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Just read that Bryson had nothing to do with the people being kicked out, that he didn’t mind it at all as long as it wasn’t in his backswing. 

Bryson had an issue with some spectators and notified security, who dealt with them," a tour media representative confirmed.

Source is not named so could easily be inaccurate, but where did you hear otherwise?

Posted (edited)

If they are doing pairings, wouldnt it have made sense to already have guys on the course? 

Does the order for spots 40 thru cut line really matter that much? Plenty of guys finished their rounds yesterday and could have been paired. 

(Looks like they went groups)

Edited by parasaurolophus

On 6/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, The General said:

Couldn’t find a Masters thread so putting this in here.

Check you email account that you have registered for Masters Tix application. Got mine today.

It will happen one of these years!!

Congrats! Masters is still in my bucket.  

I just got my two days of tickets at the Ryder Cup @ Whistling Straits in Sept!

29 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Congrats! Masters is still in my bucket.  

I just got my two days of tickets at the Ryder Cup @ Whistling Straits in Sept!

I didn’t win yet…just got the email letting me know that the window to enter is open. This will be year 6 of trying.

Ryder Cup should be pretty amazing this year.

Most contentious pairing will be Brooks and Bryson :lmao:

19 minutes ago, The General said:

I didn’t win yet…just got the email letting me know that the window to enter is open. This will be year 6 of trying.

Ryder Cup should be pretty amazing this year.

Most contentious pairing will be Brooks and Bryson :lmao:

I will not be yelling "Brooksie"!

• Laughing 1

Not a huge Rahm fan, but man.....a) so glad it wasn't something worse, which is what I immediately assumed; and b) SO LAME on so many levels.  Sucks for that guy.

Just now, JaxBill said:

I'd damn well be asking for a second test

@bubbaprog: Surreal TV moment as six-stroke leader Jon Rahm learns he tested positive for COVID and Jim Nantz tries to make sense of it without knowing what Rahm's been told https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1401305252062715907/video/1

He did a second test.  Both today, both .

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

damn

Sorry, both +.  yeah, they confirmed on the telecast.  Honestly I was worried about wife/child.  But still extremely crappy for that dude.

I've been cautious with COVID and have encouraged others to be cautions, but he should be allowed to play tomorrow.  Masked, outside, with the understanding that he can't be within six feet of others there is virtually ZERO risk to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I've been cautious with COVID and have encouraged others to be cautions, but he should be allowed to play tomorrow.  Masked, outside, with the understanding that he can't be within six feet of others there is virtually ZERO risk to anyone.

I agree 

58 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Agreed. The PGA rules are lagging behind the science.

Also, if they really thought that anyone's health was at risk, then they would have pulled him from the tournament the moment that the positive test was confirmed.

Also, giving him the news in front of the fans and the cameras = total crap move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Duck said:

Do we know if Rahm has been vaccinated?

They are saying he received his first shot this week. He got it after he came in close contact with someone who had tested positive which is why he was in the protocol.