Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 PGA Tour -

Joe Mammy

1 hour ago, Harry Frogfish said:

Chamblee is the very essence of everything you'd hate about golfers.  Especially back in the day.  He is the quintessential, know-it-all, arrogant, smug D-bag.  He sits there on the set with feathered hair, legs crossed, smirking like he's Montgomery Burns.

His deep takes where he thinks he's uncovering territory for you that only he would know are nauseating.

I keep wondering how he's still on TV.

and those are his positives

• Laughing 2

When Tiger won the 2008 US Open, it was his 17th win in his last 28 starts. I don't think we'll ever see that kind of dominance again.

I've been a huge Nicklaus fan my whole life but regardless of aggregate totals, Woods is the greatest golfer of all-time.

• Love 1

On 6/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, BobbyLayne said:

When Tiger won the 2008 US Open, it was his 17th win in his last 28 starts. I don't think we'll ever see that kind of dominance again.

I've been a huge Nicklaus fan my whole life but regardless of aggregate totals, Woods is the greatest golfer of all-time.

Put another way, if I had to pick one golfer at his peak for my life, it's Woods and I wouldn't think twice about the choice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Put another way, if I had to pick one golfer at his peak for my life, it's Woods and I wouldn't think twice about the choice.

I agree with this, but man I wish I could have watched Jack at 15yo the way I did when Tiger was that age. 

1 hour ago, bro1ncos said:

I agree with this, but man I wish I could have watched Jack at 15yo the way I did when Tiger was that age. 

Yeah it’s remarkable reading about young Jackie. Played all sports, golf was just one of them. Shot 51 his first 9 holes (age 10), broke 70 at 13. Met Bobby Jones during his first US Am when he was 15 (1955) bc the Masters founder wanted to know who was the kid who reached the par 5 18th in two (James River Course.) Was playing exhibitions with Sam Snead when he was still in h.s.

ASIDE - Jack’s father Charlie had seen Jones win the US Open at their home course (Scioto CC) in 1926 when he was 13.

Edited by BobbyLayne
  • Like 1

Is there any Thur-Fri tee time advantage here? Seems like the wind isnt a factor. The PoA is more difficult later? The marine layer?

Edited by gump

35 minutes ago, gump said:

Is there any Thur-Fri tee time advantage here? Seems like the wind isnt a factor. The PoA is more difficult later?

That's the story the broadcasters are telling.  Sun bakes the Poa and putts bounce around like they are on an Electric Football field.

Edited by facook
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gump said:

Is there any Thur-Fri tee time advantage here? Seems like the wind isnt a factor. The PoA is more difficult later? The marine layer?

Depends on if the afternoon groups can finish or if they have to go out early tomorrow before playing their second round. Of course tomorrow could be delayed with June gloom as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Dustin just falling apart.  Hard to watch this.

Every time you think he's poised to go on a dominant run, he does this.

4 minutes ago, gump said:

Every time you think he's poised to go on a dominant run, he does this.

What I admire about him though is that you can never tell if he's high or low; just goes out and golfs. He's the anti-Spieth.

Plunked $25 on Bland today at juicy odds (not the 400-1 he was coming in).  I fully expect him to disappear, but I love rooting for these sorts of stories.  Guy is my age and has lived in anonymity for most of his career.  And for 2021 where we've had the first ever player from Japan win the Masters, a 50 year old Phil bring it home in the PGA, who knows?  Maybe a nobody from across the pond becomes a household name overnight?  Go Bland!  

• Like 3

28 of the last 30 major winners were under par after round 1

cut line is at +2 rn but it'll move to at least +3, maybe +4 this afternoon as the greens bake out

hoping for a little wind this weekend, will be an easy course if they never get wind

Bland is great story...four career majors played in, four different decades lol

41 minutes ago, gump said:

Almost every top player in the world within striking distance on Moving Day.... :popcorn:

Rahm +350
Oosthuizen +700
Schauffele +700
Wolff +1000
Henley +1100
Koepka +1400
Watson +2000
DeChambeau +2000
Morikawa +2200
Thomas +2200

Full disclosure: I don't gamble and have no idea what these numbers mean (& no desire to learn lol.)

• Like 1