What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (1 Viewer)

I'd imagine a -10 round with just birdies and pars is pretty unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, got up to watch some morning golf. Then the insanity of TV takes over and they're not going to show the round live? Yes, I can't wait to watch a replay at 3PM after knowing the scores. It's amazing for all this talk about how important live sports are and the value these stations pay for it? Then they don't even show it? 

Man, got up to watch some morning golf. Then the insanity of TV takes over and they're not going to show the round live? Yes, I can't wait to watch a replay at 3PM after knowing the scores. It's amazing for all this talk about how important live sports are and the value these stations pay for it? Then they don't even show it? 
I watched some live golf this morning but yeah, this is really dumb

As someone on twitter posed this question which was interesting. 

Tee times pulled up due to weather. But with no spectators on the course and no coverage on the TV, who is @PGATOUR catering to? Small audience on their paid app isn’t serving golf.
It is streaming on CBS Sports so if you have a smart TV, Fire stick, Roku, etc or want to watch on computer/iPad, that is another solution. 

As someone on twitter posed this question which was interesting. 

Tee times pulled up due to weather. But with no spectators on the course and no coverage on the TV, who is @PGATOUR catering to? Small audience on their paid app isn’t serving golf.
It is streaming on CBS Sports so if you have a smart TV, Fire stick, Roku, etc or want to watch on computer/iPad, that is another solution. 
The coverage has bugged me the last 3 weeks.  I mean, I've LOVED watching golf, but if you don't have Golf Channel you only get to watch 6 hours of a tournament that goes about 32?  So short sighted of the PGA and CBS.  They should be streaming the whole thing on CBS Sports.  Get as many eyeballs on the thing as you can.  Win new fans.  Take over sports for as long as you can.  It's sad is all.

Awesome to see Gordon get his exemption status. Missed some of the tourney around the rain. Sounds like DJ did enough on the back 9 while most faded except for Streelman. 

Awesome to see Gordon get his exemption status. Missed some of the tourney around the rain. Sounds like DJ did enough on the back 9 while most faded except for Streelman. 
He putted lights out all day. New putter. He’ll win a major this year putting like that.

By far the least entertaining golf tourney of the last 3.....and BY FAR the MOST entertaining thing on tv this weekend.  Give me the PGA every weekend.

Limit the COVID please, and keep it coming.

:shrug:  doesn’t lessen quality of the field he beat this weekend.
Winning a major is a lot different than having a good 4 days putting on a par 70 bentgrass course.

Theegala is the class of this year's crop imo.  Arguably in the same group as the likes of morikawa, Wolff, and hovland last season who all have wins already   Hovland's chipping improvements since his win have been astronomical.  Expect to hear his name in contention more and more.  Not negging on Will Pounder, just keeping expectations in check.

By far the least entertaining golf tourney of the last 3.....and BY FAR the MOST entertaining thing on tv this weekend.  Give me the PGA every weekend.

Limit the COVID please, and keep it coming.
The televison coverage is abysmal.  Keep in mind I'm a dinosaur who is simply paying for cable TV.  I can't watch coverage until noon PT on Thrs/Fri, long after many golfers are done.  And when I try to tune in on the weekend, it's like a giant running commercial with sporadic golf highlights interspersed between more reminders of who is sponsoring this event from Jim Nantz.  The turd cherry on top of this diarrhea pie is when they show live golf in a tiny box while muted while the larger box is more commercials!  This is utter ####### bull#### coverage and makes me hate the sport even more.

See you all next week for 19 minutes of televised coverage over 39 hours of PGA golf because I'm a gambling addict and this is all I've really got. 

Settle down.  Zach sucher was 2nd at this tournament last year...
What were the putting stats overall and in Majors last year for the guy who hasn’t been out of the Top 3 in years and had two 2nds last year in Majors?

The turd cherry on top of this diarrhea pie is when they show live golf in a tiny box while muted while the larger box is more commercials!  This is utter ####### bull#### coverage and makes me hate the sport even more.
yeah, this has to go stat

i couldn't believe it was a thing.. it better not develop in to a common practice.

What were the putting stats overall and in Majors last year for the guy who hasn’t been out of the Top 3 in years and had two 2nds last year in Majors?
Not sure on Majors, but DJ was 74th in SGP last year...4th this week.  I'm not really going out on much of a limb.

The televison coverage is abysmal.  Keep in mind I'm a dinosaur who is simply paying for cable TV.  I can't watch coverage until noon PT on Thrs/Fri, long after many golfers are done.  And when I try to tune in on the weekend, it's like a giant running commercial with sporadic golf highlights interspersed between more reminders of who is sponsoring this event from Jim Nantz.  The turd cherry on top of this diarrhea pie is when they show live golf in a tiny box while muted while the larger box is more commercials!  This is utter ####### bull#### coverage and makes me hate the sport even more.

See you all next week for 19 minutes of televised coverage over 39 hours of PGA golf because I'm a gambling addict and this is all I've really got. 
I don't disagree with any of this.  And I still love it.

PGA tour live is a great product with separate streams for featured groups and holes.  Otherwise I much prefer the radio broadcast for a better sense of whats really happening.  The nerd in me would be just fine with just shot tracker and a strokes gained tool...I can visualize the rest.

Not sure on Majors, but DJ was 74th in SGP last year...4th this week.  I'm not really going out on much of a limb.
I was confused. I thought you were pegging Will Gordon to take home a major this year...and I was trying to figure out how he was even going to qualify for one.

Now I get it....for the record I wasn't comparing Zach sucher to dj, and now I get that you weren't comparing Gordon to Dj. 

:hifive:

I definitely don't disagree about DJ hanging around on major Sundays this season.  His approach game is still a ways off from when he's at his best.

If I had to pick one guy to win one this year....I'd be backing Uber Bryson.

Hovland might not be ready to win a major, but he's got at least 1 more win up his sleeve this season.

If I had to pick one guy to win one this year....I'd be backing Uber Bryson.
I doubt this.  He's big, but he's not used to that new body/swing yet.  Hell, he has 60 pounds on Rory and yet McIlroy outhit him all week.  I think it'll take a year or two before he gets truly comfortable with his bulkup.

I doubt this.  He's big, but he's not used to that new body/swing yet.  Hell, he has 60 pounds on Rory and yet McIlroy outhit him all week.  I think it'll take a year or two before he gets truly comfortable with his bulkup.
You doubt Bryson can win a major this year because he weighs more than Rory?

Because the rest of your opinion can't be supported by data.

You doubt Bryson can win a major this year because he weighs more than Rory?

Because the rest of your opinion can't be supported by data.
His hit it as far as possible strategy isn't working like he is expecting it to.  I only pointed out his weight difference to Rory because it's striking that he's that much bigger than Rory, yet Rory averaged nearly 10 yards more per drive last weekend.  Bryson's ball speed was actually much higher than Rory's, yet his distance suffered... why?  Because he wasn't striking it as cleanly.  This shows when Rory hit 70% of the fairways and Bryson hit less than 40%.  

Clearly, Bryson isn't comfortable with his new swing yet.  I think it'll take a year or more before he is.  Your opinion may differ?  :shrug:

I think he'll struggle to win a major just because they seem designed to punish missed fairways especially with the Open postponed. Maybe Augusta? But that can play well to short folks as well. I'll bet he wins a tournament this year. But can't imagine he'll have fun at the US Open. 

His hit it as far as possible strategy isn't working like he is expecting it to.  I only pointed out his weight difference to Rory because it's striking that he's that much bigger than Rory, yet Rory averaged nearly 10 yards more per drive last weekend.  Bryson's ball speed was actually much higher than Rory's, yet his distance suffered... why?  Because he wasn't striking it as cleanly.  This shows when Rory hit 70% of the fairways and Bryson hit less than 40%.  

Clearly, Bryson isn't comfortable with his new swing yet.  I think it'll take a year or more before he is.  Your opinion may differ?  :shrug:

You can disagree with me, but it seem to have made a rather broad assumption based on an extremely small sample size.  Bryson has been playing the most well rounded golf of anyone on tour this season, that's verifiable, not just my opinion.

Bryson was #1 on tour in shots gained off the tee heading into last week and he only dropped to #2.  Statistically he is beating the field by over a stroke per round.  He's got 6 straight top 8s on tour and has finished top 15 in 9 of the 11 tournaments he's played in.  Exactly what part of his game is missing right now? 

Bryson hit one 428 yards before the weekend, so while Rory's fairway balls may have traveled a little further, Bryson has him by 20 yards these days if they are just seeing how far they can hit it.  Bryson's calculations are pointing towards power being the ultimate equalizer on tour so he went and figured out how to generate it.  I can't think of an example of a player adding 20 yards to his drive mid-career and going from around 35th on tour in driving distance to 2nd as of today.

Bryson also uses a 5.5 degree driver and all his irons are the same length so I'm not surprised his balls travel differently, but I promise you, Bryson is well aware of it. 

He's been the best golfer since PGA returned by total score, right?  I'll have to look it up, but I think his cumulative score since the Colonial is tops.  Dude hasn't had a bad round. 

It's hard to get that kind of ball speed if you're not hitting it cleanly. What he's doing is generating so much ball speed that difficult to keep the spin down. Backspin and sidespin. The fact that he hits fairways as much as he does with that ball speed is remarkable.

That said, I'm with bell. Not a fan.

One thing about Bryson's swing is that I have to wonder when his back issues will start. Dude bulked up and his swing is violent. Might take a decade but I don't that swing ages well.

Only question about Bryson and a major is can he putt well enough. 

If we're gonna hate on Bryson for anything, let's start and end with his stupid hat...

I'm not seeing the violence in his iron swing, he is the only guy on tour that I know of that attempts the exact same swing on every iron shot regardless of club....its not like he is looking like timmy lincecum throwing sliders out there.

We are still dealing with the tour nerd here, not the reincarnation of happy gilmore...

For the record, I'll be fading bryson this week.  It has everything to do with him playing the 4th straight week and he's 0/2 making the cut in this spot.

All in on Bryson. Most interesting thing this year so far.

Second is how spieth continues to drag his ###. 

Also keying in on Bryson this week for Fantasy Golf.  He's just in a zone right now, IMO.  46 under par combined since the restart.  I would be shocked if he missed the cut this week.

Added Hovland, Gordon, Kizzire, Na and Varner to the mix.  

:thumbup:

He's been the best golfer since PGA returned by total score, right?  I'll have to look it up, but I think his cumulative score since the Colonial is tops.  Dude hasn't had a bad round. 
Yes.  He's playing very well.  However, he's not hitting fairways.  That doesn't matter when he's playing courses with 2 inch rough and little trouble.  Does it transfer to major golf though?  I don't personally think it will, but maybe he'll adjust his game to that.  Either way, it's kinda fun to see a guy with ball speeds nearing Long Drive competitors playing well on tour.

Yes.  He's playing very well.  However, he's not hitting fairways.  That doesn't matter when he's playing courses with 2 inch rough and little trouble.  Does it transfer to major golf though?  I don't personally think it will
You can win at Augusta and The Open Champ and PGA (depending on locations) this route.

Users who are viewing this thread