What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked if he's considering closing the southern border, Trump says "we are looking also southern border." (which doesn't make much sense to me as I don't think any of the reported cases were from those who have crossed the southern border).
Mexico has a couple cases of the Coronavirus.  I assume they are going to monitor how that plays out and make the decision at that time. 

That explanation MADE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER unless of course Trump can use any word he wants to mean whatever he wants.
I agree that Hoax isn't the right word there.  

But at this point, we've asked the man what he meant.  He clarified it.  He does not believe the Virus is a hoax.  We can all stop arguing over it now.

We shouldn't have gone in to Afghanistan or Iraq, I was very much against it, but who knows what would have happened if we didn't.   :lmao: :wall:

That explanation MADE NO SENSE WHATSOEVER unless of course Trump can use any word he wants to mean whatever he wants.
I agree that Hoax isn't the right word there.  

But at this point, we've asked the man what he meant.  He clarified it.  He does not believe the Virus is a hoax.  We can all stop arguing over it now.
Trump has been able to say whatever he wants and no matter how outrageous or even an outright lie, none of his supporters call him on it. I'm glad to see there is finally a line.

"We should be refinancing our (federal) debt."

This isn't the first time he has said this.

AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's maybe insensitive for me to bring this up at this time, but i was going to post before hearing about the death.

i saw a clip on prob CNN yesterday.

on thursday, at the African American History Month reception at the White House, trump told attendees re: the virus

"it's going to disappear."  one day, like a miracle, it will disappear,"

astounding

Part of the border/travel bans factor has to be the health care from the country the person is coming from.   How well they detect, treat and contain the spread is a big thing. 

It means you are stopping at the border  and answering questions and presenting documents though doesnt it. You know since they arent sneaking across the border without documents.
Which is irrelevant if they are infected with the coronavirus but are showing no symptoms. With the number of reported cases in Mexico and Canada, it would seem that a border crossing from the north poses a greater risk at this time.

Trump gets a pass like no leader I’ve ever seen. Today he says more cases are likely. Why doesn’t the press ask directly of when he said it would disappear, only two days ago, he was either criminally uninformed or lying to the American people to cover up the truth?
The way to combat this is to vote in November. 

Which is irrelevant if they are infected with the coronavirus but are showing no symptoms. With the number of reported cases in Mexico and Canada, it would seem that a border crossing from the north poses a greater risk at this time.
If they lived in a town with a confirmed case, they would get a lot more scrutiny.

Also there are much fewer of these cases in Canada.  Or this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump gets a pass like no leader I’ve ever seen. Today he says more cases are likely. Why doesn’t the press ask directly of when he said it would disappear, only two days ago, he was either criminally uninformed or lying to the American people to cover up the truth?
Obama must have been before your time? I recall those days, that guy was untouchable. 

Kind of like a criminal breaking into prison. 
That totally happens. I knew somebody back in like 2005 that basically broke into prison because he was convinced that his brother was innocent and that the only path to freedom was to help him escape. I found his story pretty riveting and devoted quite a few hours of my life to following it. 

Kind of like a criminal breaking into prison. 
That totally happens. I knew somebody back in like 2005 that basically broke into prison because he was convinced that his brother was innocent and that the only path to freedom was to help him escape. I found his story pretty riveting and devoted quite a few hours of my life to following it. 
I just watch Shawshank Redemption in reverse.

One person's opinion.

Pence muzzles Dr. Fauci for contradicting Trump on the speed of making vaccine

During Trump’s press conference he said a vaccine would be developed “fairly rapidly”
Then Dr. Anthony Fauci went to the podium and said we are moving fast, but it will still take a year to a year and a half for a working vaccine.

I watched Trump’s eyes narrow as he figured out that Dr. Fauci had just contradicted him.  It doesn’t matter that Dr. Fauci is one of the country’s leading experts on viruses and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease. What mattered to Trump was it looked like he wasn’t in control.

With this White House it’s not about trying to figure out best how to stop the spread of the virus. It’s about how to stop the spread of “disloyalty” among people who work for Trump. 

The next day in the New York Times we see how Trump punishes disloyalty, he told Pence to control the scientists and the message about the virus.

“Dr. Fauci has told associates that the White House had instructed him not to say anything else without clearance.”

Video in link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread