What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He responded to the claim yesterday during the 1:30 press conference and said in no way has he been muzzled by the administration or has he ever. 
Thanks. As I understand it Fauci said he hasn't been muzzled, but he also said he had to cancel these appearances and resubmit requests for clearance after Vice President Pence took over, is that right?

Thanks. As I understand it Fauci said he hasn't been muzzled, but he also said he had to cancel these appearances and resubmit requests for clearance after Vice President Pence took over, is that right?
The way it sounded during the PC he didn’t have to do anything but he addressed it very directly himself due to the media trying to stir drama up. Sounded like a complete non issue but may be worth listening to if you missed it. 

He responded to the claim yesterday during the 1:30 press conference and said in no way has he been muzzled by the administration or has he ever. 
Sounds like something somebody who is muzzled would say...

Sounds like something somebody who is muzzled would say...
Exactly. If I was in that position knowing the important role I might play, I’m doing whatever I can to keep my job. If he speaks out and says he is muzzled, there’s no way he keeps his job. Sit back, kiss the ring and find a way to get the correct information out.

Listening to Pence on CNN now... he's emphasizing the importance of Fauci and others having served in multiple administrations, emphasizing their independence and capability. I guess Deep State isn't a problem here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you are having trouble following again, another post not relevant to what was being discussed. Have fun, sorry POTUS wants to keep people calm. Amazing what some spend time complaining about.  😂
Sure it is relevant...its about Trump and a pattern of loyalty over truth.  Silencing and cleansing a message for what is best for him.  Rather than what is best for the country and what is the truth.  
Its not a cryptic thing to see how it's all related.

But it is always written off as just nothing. He wants to keep people calm inly because it helps him personally.  That is his goal.  I want people to be informed and safe...that should be the goal.  People panic more when told to be calm and the truth then comes out.

And damn right this should be complained about...its an awful way of running things.

If it can spread for six weeks undetected it may be that fewer cases than previously known are actually severe/life threatening.
This is my suspicion. That it's WAY more widespread than is known or is possible to track, and that the percentage of life-threatening cases is significantly lower than the data we have suggests. But still dangerous, of course.

Looks like you are having trouble following again, another post not relevant to what was being discussed. Have fun, sorry POTUS wants to keep people calm. Amazing what some spend time complaining about.  😂
Pot meet kettle.  Please stop muddying up this thread with the same statement every time anyone points out something the administration could have handled better.  Trump isn’t the only one being criticized here, the CDC has made plenty of mistakes as well so it isn’t a liberal/conservative argument.  It’s a competency and truthfulness discussion and a wondering of why plenty of other nation’s responses have been vastly more organized than ours.

Pot meet kettle.  Please stop muddying up this thread with the same statement every time anyone points out something the administration could have handled better.  Trump isn’t the only one being criticized here, the CDC has made plenty of mistakes as well so it isn’t a liberal/conservative argument.  It’s a competency and truthfulness discussion and a wondering of why plenty of other nation’s responses have been vastly more organized than ours.
Yeah but it’s a “hoax” or “witch hunt” if there is any criticism of how this has been handled.  Like every thing ever with Trump it was handled perfect. 

It appears there are cases associated with a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington. Looks like a nurse with no travel history has tested positive as has a 70-year-old resident. 
Edit: several other residents have severe respiratory symptoms and are being tested. 

Yeah but it’s a “hoax” or “witch hunt” if there is any criticism of how this has been handled.  Like every thing ever with Trump it was handled perfect. 
one thing we know for sure this is a government that doesn't do 'lessons learned' afterwards to get better

If i had to guess I honestly think it's mostly everywhere in the cities now.  Think about how many people wouldn't see their dr.  I'm guessing greater than 90% of people that got it wouldn't go in...

If i had to guess I honestly think it's mostly everywhere in the cities now.  Think about how many people wouldn't see their dr.  I'm guessing greater than 90% of people that got it wouldn't go in...
If that twitter thread Saints posted is legit, it’s well beyond containment by now. 

If that twitter thread Saints posted is legit, it’s well beyond containment by now. 
I'm just coming off a flu myself...honestly it was probably it.  I live in Seattle and the connections to the east are strong.  Maybe it wasn't though...

Wow you guys sure get defensive if anyone invades you’re safe space of conspiracy after conspiracy....knock yourself out. I only attempted to clarify misinformation I thought was accidental but turns out was just more blame Trump garbage. Should have known better.  We get it, everything is Trump’s (or any department you can blame him for) fault....even deadly viruses that originate in China. Have fun!

Wow you guys sure get defensive if anyone invades you’re safe space of conspiracy after conspiracy....knock yourself out. We get it, everything is Trump’s (or any department you can blame him for) fault....even deadly viruses that originate in China. Have fun!
that's his point summed up in on paragraph...instead of a debate on the merits of the response you throw your hands up, cry conspiracy and walk away

I couldn't dislike Trump more but i don't think he's doing a bad job here.  It's a lose lose situation no matter who was president.  

I'm just coming off a flu myself...honestly it was probably it.  I live in Seattle and the connections to the east are strong.  Maybe it wasn't though...
It’s testing positive in Rhode Island already.  Location is not going to be that important for long. 

So... a whole press conference and the President knew the age of the deceased and pretended to know gender. And guessed wrong on a 50/50 shot. 
In all honesty, terrible look.  I'd like to think he reached out to the family before hand.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Kinda figured we’d gotten past the discussion and I’d been wrong assuming some Trump supporter would make a joke about the transgender community out of it. Should have kept the faith.
I realized it was poor taste and edited it. 

As I said, bad look.  He should have called the family and had a talk about the deceased. 

that's his point summed up in on paragraph...instead of a debate on the merits of the response you throw your hands up, cry conspiracy and walk away

I couldn't dislike Trump more but i don't think he's doing a bad job here.  It's a lose lose situation no matter who was president.  
Agree w this. You guys have fun, only commented on what I thought was honest mistake but know better now. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread