What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

of course.

@igorbobic
per a Dem source, a provision of the $500B bailout fund proposed by GOP would allow Mnuchin to delay making public for up to 6 months “names of applicable eligible businesses, States, and municipalities and the amounts of individual loans or loan guarantees
Always have to cover their own butts first, these fine "public servants" . Might want to check their recent stock transactions while we are at it.

I didn’t write anything factually incorrect, nor did I insult you. If you want to engage in actual discussion about these issues rather than simply posting incorrect info and then running away until next time, I would welcome it. 
I posted a factual link from the CDC. The pile on is amazing. I wish you all the best Tim. Enjoy your family today.

I posted a factual link from the CDC. 
Which you didn’t read. Or else you didn’t understand. Not understanding something is fine, but when it was demonstrated to you what was wrong, you didn’t respond. You didn’t either admit you were wrong or explain why the rest of us were wrong. You still haven’t. And that’s the problem. What I wrote is that you will never engage in a real discussion about this, but that later on at some point you will post more misleading info and the pattern will repeat. I think that’s accurate but you’re welcome to prove me wrong anytime. 

Which you didn’t read. Or else you didn’t understand. Not understanding something is fine, but when it was demonstrated to you what was wrong, you didn’t respond. You didn’t either admit you were wrong or explain why the rest of us were wrong. You still haven’t. And that’s the problem. What I wrote is that you will never engage in a real discussion about this, but that later on at some point you will post more misleading info and the pattern will repeat. I think that’s accurate but you’re welcome to prove me wrong anytime. 
Spit out the hook

You don’t need anyone to prove you wrong, you are a master at that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who forgot:

Edward-Isaac Dovere@IsaacDovere

Paul delayed a vote for several days by forcing an amendment on the Corona virus response, and then voted against the final bill. That bill includes a provision making testing free. 

So he got a test that he voted against everyone else being able to get.

He is such a hypocrite. 

For anyone who forgot:

Edward-Isaac Dovere@IsaacDovere

Paul delayed a vote for several days by forcing an amendment on the Corona virus response, and then voted against the final bill. That bill includes a provision making testing free. 

So he got a test that he voted against everyone else being able to get.

Politician at his best.

***BREAKING NEWS:  WATER IS WET!

For more, see below.

Jake Tapper@jaketapper·10m

TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
So Big Steel finds it funny about this? 

Find it funny/fitting that the people who decided to ignore the pandemic and party and laugh it up... get it. Yep.

I wouldn't have wished it on them. But evidently they can handle that themselves.

*also, the laugh emoji was the closest from the 5 to pick from and still give a vote to the person who provided the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighten up Francis.

He is not laughing at kids getting sick.

He is laughing at all the reports we saw from Spring Breakers who were taking this too lightly - like many other people.

This is not now, nor has it ever been, a hoax.  Strict efforts to contain the spread only work if everyone participates - not just the responsible people.

So, a payment in May would be disclosed in November? That would be convenient for the Trump Organization (and other unnamed parties), should such a grant be extended
Yeah if that was accurate at all...its the absolute worst of government.  This whole thing needs transparency now...

This is from a study done last year that the government conducted on its readiness to address a pandemic:

Full report

5 . Resources
5 . 1 . Scarcity
5 .1.1. The current medical countermeasure supply chain and production capacity
cannot meet the demands imposed by nations during a global influenza pandemic .
The U . S . the ability to produce or source some of the inputs necessary to produce
vaccine in sufficient quantities to respond to the domestic requirements of a severe
influenza pandemic . Further compounding this challenge , global manufacturing capacity
will also be unable to meet domestic demand for medical countermeasures , including
personal protective equipment and ancillary supplies (i. e. , syringes ), and it is anticipated
that countries will keep their own stockpiled supplies for their own citizens . The U . S. also
lacks domestic manufacturing capacity for the production of sufficient quantities of
personal protective equipment, needles, and syringes . Domestic supplies of on -hand
stock of antiviral medications , needles , syringes , N95 respirators, ventilators , and other
ancillary medical supplies are limited and difficult to restock , because they are often
manufactured overseas.

So - they have known from the start, that they had inadequate resources to deal with a pandemic styled very much like covid-19.  Yet, we are just now starting to address this resource shortage.  Inexcusable.
More proof of the incompetence and failure 

More proof of the incompetence and failure 
Yes and no.

One of the things we still don't really know is where the system broke down.

Data and information flow up, decisions flow down.

We don't know if people were passing the correct information up the flow-chart, or where there might have been a break/edit, or if decision-makers had the correct information, but simply made poor decisions.

But, there is no doubt that the system was, and is, broken.

So Jared Kushner Is Running a “Shadow” Coronavirus Task Force

This explains why we haven't really heard any updates regarding mass drive through testing at retail locations, or testing websites at the press briefings. That all lies under Kushner's umbrella, which works independently from Pence's task force (and only provides updates to that task force in a general manner).
>>According to two senior officials, some government staffers have become “increasingly confused as they have received emails from private-industry employees on Kushner’s team and have been on conference calls with them, unsure what their exact role is in the government response.” Others involved in the pandemic response have said the involvement of Kushner’s team of outside advisers, who are, among other things, communicating with government employees from private email addresses, “raises legitimate security concerns” as to whether proper protocols are being followed. “We don’t know who these people are,” one senior official said. “Who is this? We’re all getting these emails.”<<

- This is a feature of this presidency, not an exception.

- Trump supporters like to say that critics would be angry or critical of Trump no matter what he did, but that’s not true. Pence has surprised even harsh antitrumpers with a normative, calm approach to leadership of the virus response team and his relationships with D governors. But Trump didn’t take long to start undercutting him. Today Trump attacked Pritzker. Previously Trump has commandeered the press conferences.

But almost every aspect and department in his administration has been similarly affected by this behavior since 2017.

So Jared Kushner Is Running a “Shadow” Coronavirus Task Force

This explains why we haven't really heard any updates regarding mass drive through testing at retail locations, or testing websites at the press briefings. That all lies under Kushner's umbrella, which works independently from Pence's task force (and only provides updates to that task force in a general manner).
Because he is super qualified for this...what exactly is he qualified to do and why are we as taxpayers funding his crap?

Are we sure this just isn't an exercise to keep Jared "busy", and Ivanka happy.
I'll speculate. I think Trump handed Pence the cv19 panel duty because he did not take it seriously at the time (the report at the time was, Pence had nothing to do, or something similar). JK has his little team to do the actual work Trump may listen to. Trump doesn't do normative, official anything. It's all personal attorneys, attaches and proteges.

I'll speculate. I think Trump handed Pence the cv19 panel duty because he did not take it seriously at the time (the report at the time was, Pence had nothing to do, or something similar). JK has his little team to do the actual work Trump may listen to. Trump doesn't do normative, official anything. It's all personal attorneys, attaches and proteges.
At the same time, there were some news reports that Trump was furious with Jared - who was pushing the "Its nothing" angle - which led to Trump getting skewed in the media.

I do buy the - lets assign this to Pence to give hims something to do - and I recall thinking initially that this was how Trump was going to dump Pence for Haley.  That would be much harder to do today.  (There have to be at least a few Republicans who secretly wonder if Pence can dump Trump for Haley).

Why is this happening? I’m not having lunch with anyone other than my immediate family. That’s been going on for over a week. 
Same reason why people are out congregating in parks on the first warm day of Spring - "sure this is serious, but I'll never catch it, so why worry?"

Seung Min Kim

@seungminkim

During the Senate GOP lunch today, Moran told colleagues that Rand was at the gym this morning, per two sources briefed on the lunch, and that he was swimming in the pool. Rand got his COVID-19 results back this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread