What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe that? Billions?
Look at how obsessed you all are at hating him, would you ever stay at one of his hotels or do anything that put  :2cents:  in his pocket?  :lmao:

That’s a significant change for the worse from when he as the rich guy in The Apprentice. 

Look at how obsessed you all are at hating him, would you ever stay at one of his hotels or do anything that put  :2cents:  in his pocket?  :lmao:

That’s a significant change for the worse from when he as the rich guy in The Apprentice. 
He didn't get his alleged billions from me before he was President. I'm sure if his hotels are nice enough, people (not all) will look past him personally. 

I actually have a Trump tie, which is one of my more favorite ties.

They have to pass a bill tonight. Do they not realize this? They can come back and do more. Everyone is totally spooked. Small businesses are literally deciding what to do right now, as is everyone else.

He didn't get his alleged billions from me before he was President. I'm sure if his hotels are nice enough, people (not all) will look past him personally. 

I actually have a Trump tie, which is one of my more favorite ties.
Maybe I’m off but with all the venom and obsession out there I don’t agree on the bolded and think there are many that will go a lifetime after this refusing to do anything to put money in his family’s pockets. I never would have guessed you were a Trump tie guy.  :lmao:

Most of us are watching.  We don`t need a play by play.

You keep posting comments without giving any thought.    You told Joe you would try to be better when you were getting ripped by people who are on your side right?
I'm not watching and much appreciate the play by play.  I do find the whining about it a bit annoying at times but I try to skim past...usually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I’m off but with all the venom and obsession out there I don’t agree on the bolded and think there are many that will go a lifetime after this refusing to do anything to put money in his family’s pockets. I never would have guessed you were a Trump tie guy.  :lmao:
Don't get me wrong...it doesn't have Trump's face on it. It is simply his brand with his name on the inside label.  :D

Now back on topic.

They have to pass a bill tonight. Do they not realize this? They can come back and do more. Everyone is totally spooked. Small businesses are literally deciding what to do right now, as is everyone else.
They need to take care of the small business owners and the unemployed RIGHT NOW. The rest of us can wait. Or send us all a check and I’ll donate it to my local small business owners. I’m not shocked that they don’t get this though. Politicians all suck :thumbdown:

They need to take care of the small business owners and the unemployed RIGHT NOW. The rest of us can wait. Or send us all a check and I’ll donate it to my local small business owners. I’m not shocked that they don’t get this though. Politicians all suck :thumbdown:
I honestly don't know who is trying to save small business owners at this point.  It seems the GOP are trying to save big businesses, and the Dems are trying to save consumers/employees.

Small Business owners seem to be an under-represented group.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't know who is trying to save small business owners at this point.  It seems the GOP are trying to dave big businesses, and the Dems are trying to save consumers/employees.

Yep. I know quite a few and I’m terrified for them. Most work their asses off 7 days a week and are going to get buried. 

I honestly don't know who is trying to save small business owners at this point.  It seems the GOP are trying to save big businesses, and the Dems are trying to save consumers/employees.

Isn’t part of the House bill basically a forgivable loan to small businesses as long as they keep 90% of the employees or did that go away?

They don’t all suck. They are trying to figure out a way to allocate trillions of dollars. They need to do this properly.

Saying stuff like “we support the workers” means nothing.

Yep. I know quite a few and I’m terrified for them. Most work their asses off 7 days a week and are going to get buried. 
This is probably why its best to get checks in the hands of all people - no means testing.

Start there in a big way, and then see how the consumer spending filters into the economy, and then target specific areas/businesses/industries to bailout.

Isn’t part of the House bill basically a forgivable loan to small businesses as long as they keep 90% of the employees or did that go away?
I'll confess ignorance here - not sure where things stand, or what can be compromised into a final bill.

But, that would be a good start, and placing restrictions on stock buy backs for any companies that take bailout money.

I'll confess ignorance here - not sure where things stand, or what can be compromised into a final bill.

But, that would be a good start, and placing restrictions on stock buy backs for any companies that take bailout money.
That’s the frustrating part.   Nobody knows where we stand.

everyone wants to send out cash to people although I did read the GOP wants it to be paid back via next years tax return.

Seems like the Dems and White House are against stock buy backs of any money is loaned

everything else is up in the air

My brother is a bartender with a wife and two kids. He was laid off a couple of days ago. Apparently he is able to apply for unemployment benefits due to virus circumstances. 

They don’t all suck. They are trying to figure out a way to allocate trillions of dollars. They need to do this properly.

Saying stuff like “we support the workers” means nothing.
They’re arguing over petty ####. Trying to get a one up for their side. All the while, wasting valuable time while people die and small businesses go under. It’s pretty gross. 

People who are working will tend to save bailout money for a rainy day. I'd like to get the money, but I'm still working and won't put the money in the economy now. On the other hand, one of my daughters quit her job 2 months ago thinking it would be easy to find another one. And my oldest will defend her PhD in August (just postponed from May) and her professors are worried for job prospects for her and others like her. So, more than just the officially unemployed could use a stimulus funds, but how does one decide. There must be a November political strategy for GOP.

My brother is a bartender with a wife and two kids. He was laid off a couple of days ago. Apparently he is able to apply for unemployment benefits due to virus circumstances. 
Unemployment is something else the Feds are going to have to figure out - States are on the hook, but you know that none of them have the budget for the claims that are coming.  We are going to have to share that burden.

They’re arguing over petty ####. Trying to get a one up for their side. All the while, wasting valuable time while people die and small businesses go under. It’s pretty gross. 
Agreed they should be able to get money out ASAP but I think it’s a little more difficult than what you are saying.

Unemployment is something else the Feds are going to have to figure out - States are on the hook, but you know that none of them have the budget for the claims that are coming.  We are going to have to share that burden.
Read today there’s 39 weeks of UI benefits in the package. Not sure exactly how that works, but I remember post 9/11 there were federal extensions (I would get notices of employees we laid off were still collecting...as an aside, it makes the employer UI contribution rate go up.) So like the first 13 weeks will be from the state, and then the Feds will fund 39 weeks.

Read today there’s 39 weeks of UI benefits in the package. Not sure exactly how that works, but I remember post 9/11 there were federal extensions (I would get notices of employees we laid off were still collecting...as an aside, it makes the employer UI contribution rate go up.) So like the first 13 weeks will be from the state, and then the Feds will fund 39 weeks.
Honestly - that seems like a raw deal for the states - but that may just be wishful thinking on my part that 8 weeks from now the masses will be going back to work.

So huge spike/hit for 8 weeks, but then "normal" unemployment by the time you get to week 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread