What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea what he has said in the last 20 minutes? I think there are some plans in the works to announce how to get back to work at some point soon but not everyone but some people. 

Everything else was a complete nonsense.
We're on our own. Listen to the medical experts instead, we'll be better off that way.

The more I listen to him the more I am getting pissed thinking about those Bernie Bros who keep telling me that BIDEN IS JUST LIKE TRUMP
I've not met those Bernie guys, and Ive been in the Bernie camp since Obama's first term.

I do see a ton of posing though, by johnny-come-lately's.

His ability to spout non-stop bull#### is truly amazing. It's a never ending river of nonsense that continually flows out of his mouth. At this point you have to say he's the best ever at doing that.

This team has had such a consistent message for at least the last week plus. All that good progress appears to be unwinding in a single press conference. 

His ability to spout non-stop bull#### is truly amazing. It's a never ending river of nonsense that continually flows out of his mouth. At this point you have to say he's the best ever at doing that.
A good bull####ter doesn't have you constantly saying "HUH" as they are speaking. 

She just said “hopefully we’ll have therapeutics available by the fall of next year.” 

This is literally less than 5 minutes after Trump went on and on about the malaria drugs. 

When my GB's complain about my behavior when I'm SUPER black out drunk it's pretty close to how Trump acts.  Yikes me with a spoon.

Serious question.  Is trump drunk or having a stroke or something?
Its the Presidential stress that most all presidents get, but he finally has something real to do. Not give money to the rich, hold rallys or play golf.

Its affecting him greatly.  He is even starting to look like those crusty old ladies who spent way too much time in the tanning bed, and I don't even think he uses a tanning bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally unhinged.
Did he attack a reporter again? The media? Obama? Democrats?
Trump [to Birx]: "I have a question for you. So we have a lot of very angry media all around this room. And they want one of these seats, but because social distancing we're keeping them empty, and they're keeping them empty. Will there ever be a time when all of those really angry angry people who don't like much to start off with but now they really don't like me, will there ever be a time when these seats are full, full to the brim like they used to be where people were almost sitting on each other's lap and this whole room over here is packed and now they're outside and want to get in and they're very jealous of these reporters. Will we ever have that again or will it be like this forever?"

Trump [to Birx]: "I have a question for you. So we have a lot of very angry media all around this room. And they want one of these seats, but because social distancing we're keeping them empty, and they're keeping them empty. Will there ever be a time when all of those really angry angry people who don't like much to start off with but now they really don't like me, will there ever be a time when these seats are full, full to the brim like they used to be where people were almost sitting on each other's lap and this whole room over here is packed and now they're outside and want to get in and they're very jealous of these reporters. Will we ever have that again or will it be like this forever?"
That took 2 buses and a cab to get to the point.

A good bull####ter doesn't have you constantly saying "HUH" as they are speaking. 
If you told him, "hey Donald we need you to fill the next 2 hours speaking to this crowd about stereo equipment", he could do it. None of what he'd say would make sense but he could fill the 2 hours with ease. "They've asked me to speak about stereo equipment and stereo equipment is very important. We all like the stereo things and other stuff. It makes things like music... you ever heard of that? I think you have. We all know what music is. Stereos are very important in getting us music. And then you have the speakers, the wires, AM, FM. I prefer FM, people think I would like AM but I really like FM. Some people prefer AM and we like those people too. You have the plugs. Electricity. You have to plug it in or it doesn't work. There would be no music if you didn't plug it in so the plug is very important..."

So close to achieving metaphor. 

If I’m a Trump fan and this is all I’m listening to, here’s what I think: 

1. This just isn’t that big a deal. The media has hyped it because they hate Trump. 

2. We’ll be opening up business in about a week, certainly no longer than a month. 

3. We can be safe and go back to work at the same time. No problem. 

4. There’s already a cure out there for anyone who get sick. 

If I’m a Trump fan and this is all I’m listening to, here’s what I think: 

1. This just isn’t that big a deal. The media has hyped it because they hate Trump. 

2. We’ll be opening up business in about a week, certainly no longer than a month. 

3. We can be safe and go back to work at the same time. No problem. 

4. There’s already a cure out there for anyone who get sick. 
My parents are avid Fox News watchers and two days ago my dad was talking about he'd be willing to take anti-malarial drug combo if he caught it. I warned him that it can have pretty bad side effects, but he was convinced it's safe. I sent him the news story about the people dying and haven't heard back.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you told him, "hey Donald we need you to fill the next 2 hours speaking to this crowd about stereo equipment", he could do it. None of what he'd say would make sense but he could fill the 2 hours with ease. "They've asked me to speak about stereo equipment and stereo equipment is very important. We all like the stereo things and other stuff. It makes things like music... you ever heard of that? I think you have. We all know what music is. Stereos are very important in getting us music. And then you have the speakers, the wires, AM, FM. I prefer FM, people think I would like AM but I really like FM. Some people prefer AM and we like those people too. You have the plugs. Electricity. You have to plug it in or it doesn't work. There would be no music if you didn't plug it in so the plug is very important..."
Hey why is it missing the  " nobody knows more about stereo music than me"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread