Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

Just now, fruity pebbles said:

I’m largely apolitical but can most agree, even Trump supporters, you’d feel a hell of a lot better if Obama was at the head of this? 

I'd feel better with Daffy Duck at the head of this.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Replies 25.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is going to be a one off post because I don't want to get trolled or banned but if I were American, the context of Canada would be the biggest damning fact of how things have been handled in the

Australia has had months of little to no community spread and even then it was confined to one state. By and large Australians are running around doing the right thing, sport was and is still hap

I am confident we are going to hit >750K deaths.  I think it might be a million.  I don't post a ton but I'm an ER doc in a big city. This is by far the worse I've seen since the pandemic star

37 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

I've not met those Bernie guys, and Ive been in the Bernie camp since Obama's first term.

I do see a ton of posing though, by johnny-come-lately's.

Well I hope you are right because a good deal of Twitter Bernie Bros are just hard to swallow a whole lot.  

25 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

If you told him, "hey Donald we need you to fill the next 2 hours speaking to this crowd about stereo equipment", he could do it. None of what he'd say would make sense but he could fill the 2 hours with ease. "They've asked me to speak about stereo equipment and stereo equipment is very important. We all like the stereo things and other stuff. It makes things like music... you ever heard of that? I think you have. We all know what music is. Stereos are very important in getting us music. And then you have the speakers, the wires, AM, FM. I prefer FM, people think I would like AM but I really like FM. Some people prefer AM and we like those people too. You have the plugs. Electricity. You have to plug it in or it doesn't work. There would be no music if you didn't plug it in so the plug is very important..."

Tears literally coming out of my eyes :lmao:

Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)‏Verified account @JoeBiden 47s47 seconds ago

In January, Donald Trump claimed the coronavirus was “totally under control.”

In February, he said it would disappear.

Now, he’s saying it “could’ve been stopped pretty easily if we had known.”

Donald Trump knew. He failed to act. And now we’re paying the price.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1242240964288286721

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sneegor said:

Trump with another great press conference today.  Not shocked to see the usual anti-Trumpers complaining in here again.  So predictable.  :coffee:

Specifically what part of it was great?
Predictably the “anti-Trumpers” provided quotes and things showing what was bad about it.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Trump with another great press conference today.  Not shocked to see the usual anti-Trumpers complaining in here again.  So predictable.  :coffee:

I missed it. What were the highlights?

Just now, Sneegor said:

Look, I get it.  You feel safe in this forum because it is 95% anti-Trump.  Saying things like Trump is so bad it this does not show he was bad at it.  

Thats an odd non answer and attempt to get personal.

Give it another try.  In what specific way was his press conferemce great?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Here is a start...Trumps talking today about easing things soon...

Fauci on that topic...

Dr. Fauci says Americans will likely need to stay home for at least several more weeks: “I cannot see that all of a sudden, next week or two weeks from now it's going to be over. I don't think there's a chance of that."

Trumps stance goes against what the medical experts are saying.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
Just now, Sneegor said:

No, I have done this with you before and you are a waste of time.  Have a nice day.

True...you have avoided all questions asked about posts like you made...and failed to offer facts or anything substantiating your posts.  Other people are also asking you the same question.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Thats an odd non answer and attempt to get personal.

Give it another try.  In what specific way was his press conferemce great?

That shouldn't be a difficult question for that newbie Sneegor to answer. I want to see his answer too. 

Edited by squistion
Just now, squistion said:

That shouldn't be a difficult question to ask that newbie Sneegor. I want to see his answer too. 

And there you go. You don’t call out any newbies that agree with you. Such a hypocrite and of course you will report this.

• Like 1
Just now, Sneegor said:

There it is!!!!!   FACTS!!!!   Ironic that someone who loves to ask for facts consistently confuses facts with opinions.  

Ahh more personal bs and no answers to anyone’s questions.  Please provide something relevant to the topic.

1 minute ago, Sneegor said:

I see, you have no clue what you are saying.  Trump said he will assess later and made no commitment one way or the other. 

The fact he's even considering going against the medical experts is a huge problem. He is not qualified to make decisions about what is best for the people from a medical standpoint. He has no medical training, in fact I bet he has yet to ever crack an anatomy textbook.

• Like 1
Just now, Sneegor said:

I am new to this place but I am done responding to Sho Nuff.  Is he a moderator or a relative of a moderator?  I can't believe some of the stuff he gets away with saying to people on here.

Im laughing for multiple reasons here.  I get away with what?  My posts have been about the topic or trying to steer discussion that way.  Please try it rather than more stuff like this and personal comments.

Also..not sure anyone is buying the bolded.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Talking again about the "obsolete system we inherited"

3 years in

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

It is supposed to be against the rules to come post with an alias while you are suspended.

I'm not worried about that. Besides its actually a rule to not worry about how the rules are applied to others. I just prefer the conversations are consistent.

13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Im laughing for multiple reasons here.  I get away with what?  My posts have been about the topic or trying to steer discussion that way.  Please try it rather than more stuff like this and personal comments.

Also..not sure anyone is buying the bolded.

It is hard to buy that. He is very knowledgeable about the posting history of you, me, and some others here which seems odd for someone who joined these forums on Feb 9th. I dunno, I suppose it is possible...maybe he has spent hours researching old threads of our posts.

Edited by squistion
35 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

I’m not going to change some people’s minds here, but this wasn’t his best outing. I get it, people are consuming terrible news 24/7 now and injecting some hope isn’t the worst idea. Hinting that we could be getting things back to normal in a week or even weeks is a dangerous approach though. Disregarding what has happened/is happening in other countries for the sake of trying to prop up the economy isn’t the answer right now, and deep down he knows it. 

Edited by Man In The Box

I'll just throw this to the wolves. Feel free to post links to articles spelling out what Republicans tried to cram into this debacle. I'm assuming they're out there...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/nancy-pelosis-supposed-relief-bill-has-provisions-for-corporate-board-diversity-student-loans-and-bailing-out-the-postal-service

The Republican contribution to Congress's coronavirus relief package may not be perfect, but at least it is not a brazen attempt to leverage a viral pandemic to seize power and control.

Democratic lawmakers, on the other hand, are playing a dangerous and all-too-obvious partisan game, going so far as to scuttle a bill meant to stabilize the U.S. economy in favor of new legislation loaded with enough unrelated goodies to choke a donkey.

Highlights of Pelosi's demands in her 1200 page bill...

• cancels the U.S. Postal Service's $11 billion in debt and gives it $20 billion in cash
  • mandates that the head of each federal department or agency “shall submit to Congress a report on the actions taken to increase the use of minority banks and minority credit unions
  • empowers the newly proposed COVID–19 Aid Oversight Panel to collect data on “employee demographics,” “supplier diversity,” “pay equity,” and “corporate board diversity" for any organization that receives federal funds in connection with the coronavirus pandemic
  • makes early voting available in all 50 states
  • mandates that each state must allow same-day voter registration
  • has an entire section titled, “Federal employee collective bargaining and official time," referring to taxpayer-funded unions
  • requires that airlines fully offset their carbon emissions
  • contains new rules for improving “consumer information regarding release of greenhouse gasses from flights
  •  forgives $10,000 in student loans for every borrower

the carve-outs mentioned above are just a few of the many outrageous items that can be found in the Democrat’s monstrosity of a bill, which is approximately 620 pages longer than the Senate Republican bill that they claimed was too special interest-oriented

The merits of Nancy's proposals are debatable. The one thing I'd say is...

HEY NANCY, THIS ISN'T THE TIME.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Love 2

Who exactly is hoarding on a large enough scale to get AG Barr's attention?  Hopefully we aren't going to be wasting federal resources prosecuting your average Joe prepper, or an Amazon retailer that stocked up on hand sanitizer.  Yeah those people suck, but it would realistically cost more to stop them.  Maybe it was meant to be a warning in order to prevent.  I wonder if they are more concerned with the hoarding of the malaria drug?

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil
2 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

I’m not going to change some people’s minds here, but this wasn’t his best outing. I get it, people are consuming terrible news 24/7 now and injecting some hope isn’t the worst idea. Hinting that we could be getting things back to normal in a week or even weeks is a dangerous approach though. Disregarding what has happened/is happening in other countries for the sake of trying to prop up the economy isn’t the answer right now, and deep down he know it. 

Comparing deaths to auto accidents as well

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I'll just throw this to the wolves. Feel free to post links to articles spelling out what Republicans tried to cram into this debacle. I'm assuming they're out there...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/nancy-pelosis-supposed-relief-bill-has-provisions-for-corporate-board-diversity-student-loans-and-bailing-out-the-postal-service

• cancels the U.S. Postal Service's $11 billion in debt and gives it $20 billion in cash
  • mandates that the head of each federal department or agency “shall submit to Congress a report on the actions taken to increase the use of minority banks and minority credit unions
  • empowers the newly proposed COVID–19 Aid Oversight Panel to collect data on “employee demographics,” “supplier diversity,” “pay equity,” and “corporate board diversity" for any organization that receives federal funds in connection with the coronavirus pandemic
  • has an entire section titled, “Federal employee collective bargaining and official time," referring to taxpayer-funded unions
  • contains new rules for improving “consumer information regarding release of greenhouse gasses from flights

If the Republican Senate Bill had a single dollar going to a corporation before they updated their list to include those things... I have no problems with that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yes. Her bill sucks too

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

I'm not worried about that. Besides its actually a rule to not worry about how the rules are applied to others. I just prefer the conversations are consistent.

That's right, nevermind.

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Seriously what kind of JIm Jones BS is this.  I would love to know the family member that would be willing to die of a disease to protect his children supposedly

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1242245135129346050

How far are they willing to go to make this argument exactly? That’s some scary #### right there. 

• Like 1