Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus


James Daulton

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

watching. didn't catch the guys name but he said within a week they will have ability to test one million. that's a lot better than 452 as of yesterday.

 

18 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

very impressive. if true, it screams how shameful it is that this wasn't done weeks ago.

of course, it's understandable as 4 days ago trump was saying the virus "will disappear. one day, like a miracle, it will disappear."

i'm repeating myself with the trump quote, but i thought it was worth repeating. i wish every citizen could be aware of it.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, song said:

 

very impressive. if true, it screams how shameful it is that this wasn't done weeks ago.

of course, it's understandable as 4 days ago trump was saying the virus "will disappear. one day, like a miracle, it will disappear."

i'm repeating myself with the trump quote, but i thought it was worth repeating. i wish every citizen could be aware of it.

The time that testing could have been super useful might be past. There doesn't seem to be any chance to contain the spread at this point. When we have approved therapeutics testing will be big again, but that is a ways off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

The time that testing could have been super useful might be past. There doesn't seem to be any chance to contain the spread at this point. When we have approved therapeutics testing will be big again, but that is a ways off.

After listening to some pundits today there was really never any way to contain this unless China was quarantined right away and that never happened . Only takes one person to leave China infected into the USA, infect some people on the plane and we are off to the races. The bottom line is there were probably hundreds if not thousands of people infected without knowing entering the USA and other countries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Seems like a lot of experts feel we already have cases in all 50 states but most are asymptomatic. But we have no way of knowing because we have tested so few.

Soon  the administration will likely claim that there is "a virtually airtight containment to the 50 states"*

*not an actual quote, yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

China built a hospital in a week. 

I'm pretty sure a convention Center could be converted into a field hospital in one week here in the US. Don't know who would pay for it... But certainly the national guard would be involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, squistion said:

Indeed but if leading Democrats had called for FEMA to prepare to have a coronavirus emergency declaration, Trump would probably accuse them of fear mongering, like he did in a tweet this morning. 

Who cares what Trump says?

Do what’s best to try keep our people healthy. Do your job...

Edited by Cowboysfan8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CDC officials and the W.H. are increasingly blaming the admin's coronavirus issues on HHS Secretary Alex Azar, who they say failed to coordinate the response, as agency chiefs waited for instructions that came too late and deputies were largely cut out.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/02/azar-crosshairs-delays-coronavirus-tests-118796

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Who cares what Trump says?

Do what’s best to try keep our people healthy. Do your job...

I get what you’re trying to say, focus on what’s really important, and I don’t disagree.  But also just think about that statement though and how far Trump has pushed us.  We are now at the point where we’re just supposed disregard what the POTUS says because he lacks such credibility.  That’s nuts man.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I get what you’re trying to say, focus on what’s really important, and I don’t disagree.  But also just think about that statement though and how far Trump has pushed us.  We are now at the point where we’re just supposed disregard what the POTUS says because he lacks such credibility.  That’s nuts man.  

To be fair, Trump brought that lack of credibility on himself.

 

At any rate, the response by the US needs to be stepped up. Silver lining, epidemic prep isn't that unlike hurricane prep, just with less wind and rain, and my family and I are in good health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

92,307 confirmed cases.  86,736 in Asia, 2869, Europe, 2539 ME, 144 North America, 10 Africa, 9 South America.

If this thing travels the same way technology does, it's concerning.

seems like the spread in China is leveling off though right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, joffer said:
3 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

92,307 confirmed cases.  86,736 in Asia, 2869, Europe, 2539 ME, 144 North America, 10 Africa, 9 South America.

If this thing travels the same way technology does, it's concerning.

seems like the spread in China is leveling off though right?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. lol

I know the Chinese said it was but I don't know if that's actually believed to be the case or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. lol

I know the Chinese said it was but I don't know if that's actually believed to be the case or not.

it's not.  when i looked this morning, the Chinese numbers seem to be plateauing a little bit.  as in not increasing at the same rate as they've been.  maybe i''m reading them wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lmao: Fauci and other dude on TV now saying how they showed Trump the potential vaccine inferring Trump himself approves of it after said explanation. :lmao:

 

Also a lot of emphasis on "it only took THREE DAYS, THREE DAYS, to come up with this!"   

 

 

 

Much later, for a phaes one trial this is going to take 12-18 months. 

 

Now Trump saying nobody should travel outside the United States, ever.   FFS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-cases-tested-us-removed-cdc-website-according-congressman-american-people-1490158

CDC getting marching orders to provide LESS information now.  Testing data has been removed from their website.

And hovering over their map now simply says Yes there are cases, the numbers have been removed from each state.

==

Our government is no better than China at being truthful and transparent with this pandemic (oops I said it), and any criticism is treated the same, as an attack on THE PARTY.

Too bad people are going to die from this, if you know anyone older or having underlying medical issues especially respiratory, you should make sure they know this is probably going around and they might want to avoid their bridge club for awhile is probably a good idea.  (You know since our government is set against giving common sense public health advice)

  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

I'm pretty sure a convention Center could be converted into a field hospital in one week here in the US. Don't know who would pay for it... But certainly the national guard would be involved.

If it gets real bad, just use the hotels. No one is visiting infected cities anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Brian Smith

Steal #MedicareForAll, call it PatriotCare to force Republican support and get this past both houses before November. Trump could have an actual legacy if he wasn't so self-involved.

:thumbup:

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, joffer said:
32 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Now Trump saying nobody should travel outside the United States, ever.   FFS

Space Force is going to build a dome

It seems like we've been in a 4 year long Simpson's episode so makes sense.

Edited by Sheriff Bart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Goooooooooooddd  NIGHT.


That explains the bat#### insane press conference I just saw though.  I don't know how anyone wants this guy to head up literally anything.

I counted at least 4 times he was told 12-18 months before an approved vaccine could be available. And he still wasn't sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/03/coronavirus-emergency-bill-119729?__twitter_impression=true

Quote

House and Senate leaders have run into last-minute snags on a $7.5 billion emergency package to combat the U.S. spread of coronavirus, including disputes over vaccine availability and hospital reimbursement costs.

Top Democrats say the House is still expected to vote on the package Wednesday, with the Senate likely to follow suit as soon as Thursday. But the timeline for unveiling that legislation has slipped, possibly as late as Wednesday morning, amid policy fights between the two parties.

Quote

The biggest issue, according to several people familiar with negotiations, involves a Democratic attempt to control the costs of vaccines and other treatments that are developed in response to the outbreak. Other issues include details of hospital reimbursement for uninsured patients and whether to pay for a provision to help expand telemedicine, which would cost roughly $500 million.

 

Edited by joffer
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s really too bad Biden wasn’t running the show, we could have avoided the travel ban from China he was quite disgusted with. I’m sure if that ban wasn’t in place cases and deaths here would be way lower? See Joe’s comments as well as some other popular talking points covered. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/amp/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

It’s really too bad Biden wasn’t running the show, we could have avoided the travel ban from China he was quite disgusted with. I’m sure if that ban wasn’t in place cases and deaths here would be way lower? See Joe’s comments as well as some other popular talking points covered. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/amp/

That’s some rather petty deflection

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JAA said:

That’s some rather petty deflection

:potkettle:

 

Thats interesting, the daily complaining in here cuz Trump and the candidate most of the regulars in here will be voting for in November would not have banned flights into our country from China....mind boggling isn’t it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ve had our head in the sand. WH, CDC, everyone!

This is a ####### disaster and the flu comparisons are absurd.

Pence is the fall guy. Somehow the dude who penned a note that smoking doesn’t kill in the year 2000 is in charge of our health. Great!

I don’t have much else to say on this one, it’s not worth politicizing, I just want this solved!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

:potkettle:

 

Thats interesting, the daily complaining in here cuz Trump and the candidate most of the regulars in here will be voting for in November would not have banned flights into our country from China....mind boggling isn’t it?

So you are admitting to the petty deflection?  Good day to you sir. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

We’ve had our head in the sand. WH, CDC, everyone!

This is a ####### disaster and the flu comparisons are absurd.

Pence is the fall guy. Somehow the dude who penned a note that smoking doesn’t kill in the year 2000 is in charge of our health. Great!

I don’t have much else to say on this one, it’s not worth politicizing, I just want this solved!

I heard a conspiracy theory today that Trump appointed Pence so he had an excuse to get rid of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I heard a conspiracy theory today that Trump appointed Pence so he had an excuse to get rid of him. 

A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her. 

Nikki Haley?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...