What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter:

"Was floating Easter a mistake?"

Trump:

"No, that was just an aspiration. ... We don't want to have a spike up."

Trump denies he threatened to quarantine New York, NJ and Conn. Trump says he didn't do that, he just said he was going to look at it. "I didn't threaten it. I don't go around threatening." He questions the Bloomberg reporter's integrity.

It's interesting to me this was posted by CDC. - Fwiw, I watched a fair bit of this. I'm not sure what this is being used to claim, if anything, but at 52:20 while Dr I says that yes isolating high risk persons while letting the rest of the populace continue about their economic lives makes sense in principle it would not be appropriate without the data to support that approach. Earlier on he says he is only a scientist, not a politician, and so using that he sidestepped a question about whether Trump had acted appropriately, he refused to answer it, and then later he refuses to explain how society might be mobilized, if the data did support it, to isolate the most vulnerable members of society - and you can imagine what that would look like - the poorest, most destitute, the inform, the handicapped, the elderly. I mean imagine that being applied. 

Just a general observation but modern solutions often involve two sides, the data side and the business side, and it's not uncommon that these two sides don't talk. Clearly we need leadership to link these two aspects now in this critical time. One view acting without the other would be disastrous. 
Scientists stick mostly to analyzing facts.  I doubt we have sufficient information to ccurately model the effects of various levels of social isolation.  Cuomo is one of the few showing leadership in balancing both sides.  It is not popular in here to discuss the economic side.  Instead the discussion is a beyond worst case view with no economic balance that focuses on how bad Trump and his supporters are.  

He’s making a lot of mistakes, and he’s saying a lot of ridiculous things (mostly to cover up previous mistakes) and engaging in BS attacks on media and others as usual...

But on the important decisions, he appears to be going with the experts. Extending the date until the end of April (for now.) Only a few days ago that was no sure thing. 

The other big news to come out of this is that 5 minute test. If that’s true and we can get these out quickly that’s a huge positive it seems to me. That will bring us back to normalcy a lot sooner. 

Overall I’m not displeased with this press conference. Despite everything I give the President and his team high marks (for now.) 

Wait. You’re not making this up?
It was a softball question, but not quite THAT soft. 

The actual question was: “Mr. President you’re currently getting the highest approval ratings of your Presidency and at the same time certain networks are threatening not to show these press conferences anymore. Do you think the two are related?” Lol. That’s like asking “Do You think the reason some people hate you is because they’re jealous of your awesomeness?” 

Trump says it's common sense that prolonged closures and economic damage cause depression and other problems, such as "drugs used like people have never used them before."

I was joking - the gist of the question. She said something like, "Your ratings are amazing. You are more popular than ever. Do you think the media should treat you better?"
I genuinely appreciate you guys watching so I don’t have to.

:thumbup:

Between @squistion running commentary & general twitter reactions I feel like I’m getting the gist of it without having to endure superfluous stuff. I always search Twitter for Birx or Fauci since they are trusted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump seems to want to say that we are way better off than the projections of death tolls if we did nothing (2.2 million).  Sorry, that's the not standard.  

This is like Exxon putting an engineer's fifth grader in front of the entire company in the middle of a crisis trying to explain what's going on.

How can anyone see Trump and not clearly see a man WAY out of his depth and fully incapable of handling this situation.

Trump accused Jeremy Diamond of lying while he read his quote about needing to be appreciated, Diamond read back his entire quote to him. Trump: "And this is why CNN is (paraphrasing) "FAKE News"

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to be of service.  Please proceed with explaining to people how joking replies accurately depict how a given poster would or would not respond better than our Narcissist in Chief.
No need to.  We can simply go back and look at your other posts.

Don't be offended I included myself in that statement.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread