What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not be millions of Americans.  5,000 was a factual number at the time.  The actions we have taken to flattening of the curve does not prevent all deaths.  It may save some lives, like 10,000.  I believe the flu killed 40,000 people in 2018.  We did not panic or shut down everything.    This is worse and especially more deadly to older people, but this is not 10 times worse than 2018.  It will be about 2 to 3 times worse.  
I love how you keep throwing out numbers and predictions when it is quite clear you have no idea what you’re talking about. Nobody knows. So for ####’s sake STOP TALKING!!! Nobody is listening to you anyway. 

I'm about 30 minutes behind but this thing is 100X better so far because donald is letting the experts else answer the questions. Big improvement.
The more he gets out of the way, the more helpful he is being.

Use his power and position to get what the experts say we need.  Make quick decisions based on expert device.  Be decisive, but listen.  Move the federal government to support the people.  Tell the truth.  Be open and empathetic with the people. Don't make any of this about you.

This...is...not...hard.

But thankfully, he's finally taking steps in the right direction.  Just imagine how concerning this must be to be constraining the behavior of a narcissistic sociopath of his magnitude.  #### is serious.

Can Trump let us know who these "business people" are and what companies they run that were telling him to let us "ride this out" without doing anything? What was the timeline on these conversations? 

Can Trump let us know who these "business people" are and what companies they run that were telling him to let us "ride this out" without doing anything? What was the timeline on these conversations? 
I also wouldn’t mind knowing...great to build a list of who to not support after who would push for such a thing.

I also wouldn’t mind knowing...great to build a list of who to not support after who would push for such a thing.
Probably chiefly among them John Barron and his imaginary friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late - I think the main folks are about done - but I caught the end of Brix, and then Fauci, followed by Pence - still on.

Very simply - mitigation efforts are working, we need to maintain in hard hit areas, and we need to get a jump on areas where it has not hit yet to keep the numbers in a manageable range
Being completely honest, I am shocked that Fauci is still allowed on the stage.  He contradicts Trump at every turn.  Perhaps Trump finally realizes the loyalty of his followers and he can have the "best" of both worlds where he gets credit for letting the grown ups speak to those of us wanting legit information and then also the unfettered allegiance from his supporters who follow him regardless of what dumb thing comes out of his mouth.  

I think it’s very humble that he still calls himself a business person while he’s the President.

narcissistic sociopaths can't give that answer

The federal government and administration is so far behind this I think this will go down as the biggest mistake any government has made in US history.

No matter how many die Trump and his chud supporters will claim he "saved lives."

I just want 24 hours.

24 hours with Obama and his team back in the white house.

I wonder just how much he could clean up in a day.

Damn Pelosi really laid down the hammer didn’t she? “Trump fiddles while the country burns.” 

And why it is a fool's errand to attempt to have a genuine dialog with his supporters.

Our idiot in Chief is tweeting, bragging about TV ratings for his press conferences. Lovely.
I searched this thread from just the past few days and found the above.  Weird - not one of them was called out as trolling by a moderator.  

The rules need to be consistent in here so we can know what is allowed to post.  

By continuing the extended social distancing for 30 days.  Faucci predicting deaths keep going up but peak in 1-2 weeks and then keep going down.
So he thinks the social distancing we have done is on par or better than other countries so we see a peak and drop sooner than they did? 

I searched this thread from just the past few days and found the above.  Weird - not one of them was called out as trolling by a moderator.  

Not sure how my post would be considered trolling. I’m predicting that this will go down as the biggest mistake ever made by a US government administration.

Being completely honest, I am shocked that Fauci is still allowed on the stage.  He contradicts Trump at every turn.  Perhaps Trump finally realizes the loyalty of his followers and he can have the "best" of both worlds where he gets credit for letting the grown ups speak to those of us wanting legit information and then also the unfettered allegiance from his supporters who follow him regardless of what dumb thing comes out of his mouth.  
However he got there or why, he seems to have figured out that it's smart let Fauci and Birx handle the bulk of these pressers, and I'm thankful for that.

Just now, they even handled a very tough question (how many lives could we have saved if we'd started these measures sooner?) in a reasonable way that protected the President.

To Trump's credit, he let them handle it. Had he answered, we can only imagine how that would've gone. 

So he thinks the social distancing we have done is on par or better than other countries so we see a peak and drop sooner than they did? 
They did not reference other countries but their own studies.  They showed a chart with every state in cases and New York was way way higher.  

Nobody knows for sure but they said they see good signs that it will slow down bigtime in April.

They did not reference other countries but their own studies.  They showed a chart with every state in cases and New York was way way higher.  

Nobody knows for sure but they said they see good signs that it will slow down bigtime in April.
I hope they are right, I really do.  

I am just sceptical when other countries locked down tighter and faster.  Seems like he is just starting to take this seriously in the last couple days.  

Just seems really optimistic to say this will slow down in a few weeks as we see places like Detroit and NO starting to ramp up.  

If you've got something of value to add, make your point and why you think it. Throwing stuff like this is pure trolling and you know it. Stop it.
I wanted to wait until the press conference was over, but, I'd like to say:

What an All Star line up on this task force starting with the President.

Probably the most important presidential press conference of our lifetimes and Trump handled it with 99% class.  He left almost all the talking to the experts until the Q&A was directed towards him, then he even handled Acosta with class.  And this All Star line up is going to keep hundreds of thousands of people from dying. All we have to do is listen to them.  I for the life of me can't fathom how saying that could be considered trolling.  WIth all the threads dedicated for no other purpose than to say Trump is a piece of #$&%,? Just mind boggling. 

I hope they are right, I really do.  

I am just sceptical when other countries locked down tighter and faster.  Seems like he is just starting to take this seriously in the last couple days.  

Just seems really optimistic to say this will slow down in a few weeks as we see places like Detroit and NO starting to ramp up.  
I really wish they would state their assumptions when they make these claims. 

I don’t care who’s feelings get hurt, this press briefing by President Trump has been spectacular. It’s going on 2 hours and the team is taking every rapid fire question thrown at them. Just incredible the energy of this team.
He's been taking notes from Cuomo and my boy Inslee. 

Their's have been like this for awhile.

Probably the most important presidential press conference of our lifetimes and Trump handled it with 99% class.  He left almost all the talking to the experts until the Q&A was directed towards him, then he even handled Acosta with class.  And this All Star line up is going to keep hundreds of thousands of people from dying. All we have to do is listen to them.  I for the life of me can't fathom how saying that could be considered trolling.  WIth all the threads dedicated for no other purpose than to say Trump is a piece of #$&%,? Just mind boggling. 
I think the point is, the post didn't have any of that follow up that this post did.  

I do find it interesting that during what you describe as the most important presidential press conference of our lifetime, the president didn't speak much. 

Bravo, well done.

See how it's done @Noonan?

I think the point is, the post didn't have any of that follow up that this post did.  

I do find it interesting that during what you describe as the most important presidential press conference of our lifetime, the president didn't speak much. 
My point is you don't need to explain a press conference that should be required reading for EVERYONE in America.  Can I have an opinion that the Monday night football game was the best ever without specifics.....I can't say that?  Lord knows there are a #### ton of posts in here saying Team Trump is the worst ever, without any back up.  How many times have you read "Trump is a just a horrible human being" without back up?  It's a joke.

He didn't even speak much?  You didn't even watch it yet you have a hot take to put out there.  That ought to be trolling, hot take about a press conference you didn't even watch.

The prep for the press conference, the press conference and then watching the tv coverage the rest of night.

We finally found out how to tire the baby out.

I am 100% confused right now.  Calling the President doing a good job is trolling now?  There are multiple attacks on the President in this thread and name calling and I don't see them being called out for trolling.  I legit did nothing wrong.
I thought they did an excellent job as well, if you go against the groupthink in here I guess it’s not allowed? Never thought we would be punished for being supportive of our leaders. 

Trump truly did an amazing job fielding the blatant  :fishing: from CNN. 

Missed one.

The prep for the press conference, the press conference and then watching the tv coverage the rest of night.

We finally found out how to tire the baby out.

He didn't even speak much?  You didn't even watch it yet you have a hot take to put out there.  That ought to be trolling, hot take about a press conference you didn't even watch.
In your post you stated he left almost all the the talking to the experts.  I was referring to your post when I said that.  

I thought they did an excellent job as well, if you go against the groupthink in here I guess it’s not allowed? Never thought we would be punished for being supportive of our leaders. 

Trump truly did an amazing job fielding the blatant  :fishing: from CNN. 
The bar has really been set low here. Do we really need to acknowledge when he doesn't throw a tantrum instead of side stepping basic questions? 

Today is the day Trump finally became President.

In the midst of a global emergency where hundreds of thousands of Americans will likely die, he didn't behave like a self-centered #######...at least not the whole time.

The bar has really been set low here. Do we really need to acknowledge when he doesn't throw a tantrum instead of side stepping basic questions? 
"If the libs get to criticize him for downplaying the virus, then we should be able to heap unqualified praise when he doesn't throw a tantrum!!"*

*not a real quote (yet)

"New York got off to a late start.  And you see what happens when you get off to a late start."

#spidermanpoint

I am 100% confused right now.  Calling the President doing a good job is trolling now?  There are multiple attacks on the President in this thread and name calling and I don't see them being called out for trolling.  I legit did nothing wrong.
Very :goodposting:  . The disdain by some of the mods of Trump supporters isn’t hidden anymore 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread