Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

James Daulton

37 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

The more posts I see like this the more I'm hopeful that Trump will win.  You guys just haven't learned from last time.

I at least hope you're prepared for the worst so we don't have to deal with more drama.

President Trump is not winning.. His base will vote for him... but instead of Never Hillary.. it will be the Never Trump that the indie voters will lean.. 

5 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Dr. Kim co-founded the company, Partners in Health, that is helping the state hire and train 1,000 or more contact tracers in Massachusetts at $27 per hour. Most will be fulltime jobs with good benefits. Somehow, they found the funds. Let's see how it goes.

The Florida approach to contact tracing seems patchwork from what I read a week ago.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/13/832027703/massachusetts-recruits-1-000-contact-tracers-to-battle-covid-19

Partners in Health is s legit public health group that's been in the biz for a decade or more.

1 hour ago, Rich Conway said:

Some people here get a week off.  Our current president experiences no known consequences for literally anything he says or does.  Clearly the folks here are held to a higher standard, which is likely what you were going for.

No and yes.

While I guess when I included "manners" in the post I subconsciously brought in how the board is moderated, I didn't really meant that direction.   But I did mean that posters here are held to a higher standard.   I was thinking more along of this statement of mine from this post  made back in January.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

I’m curious which of the regulars in here have degrees/certifications in science and health? I’m curious to know who understands the molecular, physiologic, and genetic processes we are seeing with respect to this virus. I’m not saying it is required, but if we’re being honest, science and health educated professionals are going to have a better understanding of this stuff. 

I myself have an official degree in zoology, over 5 years of research experience in molecular genetics, 10 years in veterinary medicine, and now 15 years in clinical pathology. 

I know there are others out there with even more knowledge than myself. I’d like to know who you are so that I can pay more attention to what you’re saying. 

I have a friend that shares some sciency sounding things on the book of faces from their cousin's friend's fiancé's father in law. 

The new spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services in a series of now-deleted tweets made racist and derogatory comments about Chinese people, said Democrats wanted the coronavirus to kill millions of people and accused the media of intentionally creating panic around the pandemic to hurt President Donald Trump.

Michael Caputo, a longtime New York Republican political operative who worked on Trump's 2016 presidential campaign, was appointed last week as Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs at HHS, a prominent communications role at the department which serves a central role in the federal government's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Caputo, a prolific user who often tweeted insults and profanity, recently erased nearly his entire Twitter history from before April 12. CNN's KFile used the Internet Archive's Way Back Machine to review more than 1300 deleted tweets and retweets from late February to early April many of which were regarding the rapidly spreading coronavirus.

While he occasionally weighed in with praise for public officials or more straightforward observations, tweets from this period are also littered with conspiracy theories and controversial language to go after perceived critics of the Trump administration.

In a series of tweets on March 12, Caputo responded to a baseless conspiracy theory that the United States brought the coronavirus to Wuhan, China, by tweeting that "millions of Chinese suck the blood out of rabid bats as an appetizer and eat the ### out of anteaters."

He followed up at another user, "Don't you have a bat to eat?" and tweeted at another user, "You're very convincing, Wang."

After publication, Caputo responded to CNN's request for comment by saying that reporting on his past tweets is "fair game, dude. I don't care. It doesn't matter to me at all." He claimed that he deletes his tweets "every month and I do it because it drives people mad."

He added "when you tweet in spirited fashion, KFile is going to have them. I've known that all my days. So I don't mind what you've done." Caputo defended his past Twitter behavior saying he was "a defender of the President" tweeting in a "spirited manner" that included calling out reporters...

CNN

• Sad 1

Geoff Bennett@GeoffRBennett

Trump: "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? It would be interesting to check that. That you're gonna have to use medical doctors with."

:lmao:

• Laughing 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Trump: "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. And is there a way we can do something, by an injection inside or almost a cleaning? It would be interesting to check that. That you're gonna have to use medical doctors with."

He’s not ok.

5 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Trump wants to scan the interior of the body with ultraviolet light or use an injection to clean the body.

Actual President.

Can you imagine what it was like to be a college professor of his?

Edited by Politician Spock

26 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Let’s ignore science.  IT’S A HUNCH!

Very Stable Genius!

:tfp:

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

I have a useless 30 year old degree in political science and 25 years of commercial real estate experience. And I post a lot on the internet. 

I’d say I’m your equal. 

my only problem with the posts on here is that they are purely political regardless of substance or truth.  everyone can post a link to their side & most times the links are so slanted to be useless.

it doesn't matter if Trump does something good.

the media & those trenched in dems will not acknowledge.

it is what it is, but it makes it easier for me to read the hate filled posts knowing that your side is all knowing and has the answer for everything..

good luck to you & yours in these times. 

happy trails(quicksilver for those old enough).

• Laughing 1

31 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Guys, he's just being a cheerleader! Nothing wrong with that! He didn't call it a miracle, he just said we should look into it, that's all! Why do you want injections to fail??

• Laughing 2

Just now, shadrap said:

my only problem with the posts on here is that they are purely political regardless of substance or truth.  everyone can post a link to their side & most times the links are so slanted to be useless.

it is what it is, but it makes it easier for me to read the hate filled posts knowing that your side is all knowing and has the answer for everything..

I don’t hate Donald Trump. I just don’t think he’s competent for the job he’s got. And since all of us depend on that job, it really bothers me. 

The big news today is that Fauci was pretty clear on two points: 

1. It’s not safe to open up without massive testing. 

2. We currently don’t have the capacity for massive testing. 

This is the essential problem. Everything else is a side issue. Even the election doesn’t matter compared to this immediate crisis. 

44 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

It’s like eating a spoonful of Drano; sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you hollow inside.

- Frank Drebin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This is the essential problem. Everything else is a side issue. Even the election doesn’t matter compared to this immediate crisis. 

Testing is overrated. What we really need is.

Trump adviser suggests reopening economy by putting 'everybody in a space outfit'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/speedreads-amp/910577/trump-adviser-suggests-reopening-economy-by-putting-everybody-space-outfit

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t hate Donald Trump. I just don’t think he’s competent for the job he’s got. And since all of us depend on that job, it really bothers me. 

yea, I don't think you do.  policy differences are always fair game.

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Apparently you missed the portion of the presser where he invented injectable disinfectant and an ultraviolet heating machine.

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This isn't big news, this is February's news.

Is there any reason why we can't have a massive national testing program? If we call it the Test Force and create uniforms and a cool logo ripped off from Star Trek, do you think Trump would finally do something about it?

• Love 2
  • Thinking 1

17 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Trump adviser suggests reopening economy by putting 'everybody in a space outfit'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/speedreads-amp/910577/trump-adviser-suggests-reopening-economy-by-putting-everybody-space-outfit

The same dude who compared the Michigan "protesters" to Rosa Parks. 

57 minutes ago, The General said:

When he asked the people off stage to look into this was pretty great :lol:

I watched five seconds of that clip and it was obvious the science advisors were doing that thing where your boss comes up with a crazy idea and you say, “Sure, boss, that could work. We’ll look into it and get back to you.”

12 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:
31 minutes ago, Mile High said:

The same dude who compared the Michigan "protesters" to Rosa Parks. 

The protests and this guy's small role in them were discussed in this great podcast: NY Times The Daily

3 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I watched five seconds of that clip and it was obvious the science advisors were doing that thing where your boss comes up with a crazy idea and you say, “Sure, boss, that could work. We’ll look into it and get back to you.”

Just another example of how Fauci and Brix are freaking saints among us. Dealing with this dude every day has to be soul crushing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, shader said:

Is this a joke?

Trump just suggested  getting rid of coronavirus by bringing "light inside the body" ... "either through the skin or in some other way" or using disinfectant: "is there a way you can do something like that by injection or some other way."

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Trump just suggested  getting rid of coronavirus by bringing "light inside the body" ... "either through the skin or in some other way" or using disinfectant: "is there a way you can do something like that by injection or some other way."

I mean, it is the guy who looked right up and pointed at the eclipse.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

The good thing he does is the needle in the haystack of stupid things

• Love 1

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

This isn't big news, this is February's news.

Is there any reason why we can't have a massive national testing program? If we call it the Test Force and create uniforms and a cool logo ripped off from Star Trek, do you think Trump would finally do something about it?

I thought 4million tests were distributed weeks ago

AZ demonstrators confront counter-protesting nurse (who, per news reports, was mostly standing silently):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wQ9WY6R_h7ptJMTcCHwYIko5EbdFL1U/view?usp=drivesdk

Video was on FB, so I Google-Drived it. The guy was struggling to make his point and the lady at the end is pretty unbelievable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1