Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus

James Daulton

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Trump just suggested  getting rid of coronavirus by bringing "light inside the body" ... "either through the skin or in some other way" or using disinfectant: "is there a way you can do something like that by injection or some other way."

but her emails

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thunderlips said:

I heard Trump was looking into mass producing technology based upon research that was being pushed in the 1960s in which a submarine piloted with scientists was shrunk to a microscopic size and injected into a human to combat viruses.  

I smile every time being reminded of Raquel Welch, thanks 😊 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Dr. Birx had the exact same bewildered look on her face as Pam Beesley did whenever Michael Scott said something utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by Encyclopedia Brown
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Three months into a pandemic, and the President is just now offering his ideas on how to fix it.

If those are his ideas on how to fix it, we'd be better off if he would just shut his yap.

The country is being held hostage by a moron and 40% of the country is cheering him on. Unbelievable. I didn't think he could shock me with something he said at this point. I was wrong.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

AZ demonstrators confront counter-protesting nurse (who, per news reports, was mostly standing silently):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wQ9WY6R_h7ptJMTcCHwYIko5EbdFL1U/view?usp=drivesdk

Video was on FB, so I Google-Drived it. The guy was struggling to make his point and the lady at the end is pretty unbelievable. 

Simply unconscionable, but sadly it’s our reality. 

Edited by Tom Skerritt
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, honky kong said:

The country is being held hostage by a moron and 40% of the country is cheering him on. Unbelievable. I didn't think he could shock me with something he said at this point. I was wrong.

I legitimately don't think your country works anymore. To say the inmates are running the asylum in an understatement.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

AZ demonstrators confront counter-protesting nurse (who, per news reports, was mostly standing silently):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15wQ9WY6R_h7ptJMTcCHwYIko5EbdFL1U/view?usp=drivesdk

Video was on FB, so I Google-Drived it. The guy was struggling to make his point and the lady at the end is pretty unbelievable. 

Here’s an interview with the nurse. GB her. 

https://youtu.be/RsdXKkzE7Gc

• Like 1
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:
42 minutes ago, honky kong said:

I legitimately don't think your country works anymore. To say the inmates are running the asylum in an understatement.

I think you're right. There's a clown out front distracting everyone while a group of a##holes steals everything that's not nailed down. MAGA indeed.

Edited by honky kong
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

She’s the rational one. They’re being irrational. 

And yet- I get what they’re thinking too. They’re seeing their economy, their jobs collapse. 

There’s no villains here. Just some very misguided people on one side. 

The lady at the end of the first video I posted is a villain. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

She’s the rational one. They’re being irrational. 

And yet- I get what they’re thinking too. They’re seeing their economy, their jobs collapse. 

There’s no villains here. Just some very misguided people on one side. 

You get what they are thinking? By attacking other Americans, especially those on the front lines doing all the ####### work???  Yes, people have lost jobs. I’m one of them but I don’t blame anyone but the nature of the circumstances.   How can you even type that out?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, urbanhack said:

You get what they are thinking? By attacking other Americans, especially those on the front lines doing all the ####### work???  Yes, people have lost jobs. I’m one of them but I don’t blame anyone but the nature of the circumstances.   How can you even type that out?

I’m talking about the protesters in general who want to see things open up again. I’m not referring to anyone who attacks anybody else. As I pointed out the other day there are always idiots around and inevitably they always get noticed. But in general I sympathize with the protestors though they’re wrong. They’re suffering. 

3 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Does it matter what her situation is?  WTF

She’s either a bad person, or she’s a not bad person who is behaving badly, irrationally,  because she’s suffering. Does that make a difference? It does to me because I try to avoid thinking the worst of people. 

7 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

And I’m very sorry that you lost your job. Really hope things work out for you. 

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

She’s either a bad person, or she’s a not bad person who is behaving badly, irrationally,  because she’s suffering. Does that make a difference? It does to me because I try to avoid thinking the worst of people. 

Who else is suffering that is attacking nurses and the people in the healthcare system just doing their damn job?  It’s sickening and completely driven by false narratives.  These people are toxic and out of their mind and not because they are “suffering”

Edited by urbanhack
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

On the bright side, the little disinfectant\UV spiel today may have actually turned the last Trump-supporting FB friend I have.  You can almost hear the realization slowly happening in his posts.  fascinating to watch. 

Clearly your FB friend isn’t “manly” like the supporters around here.  0.0% chance any of these guys turn, even the “non Trump supporting” guys who support him non stop. These guys are real men unlike the rest of us.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Tolstoy said:

On the bright side, the little disinfectantUV spiel today may have actually turned the last Trump-supporting FB friend I have. You can almost hear the realization slowly happening in his posts. fascinating to watch.

Consider yourself lucky. I'm still getting steady a mixture of "He was just joking!" and "There are no bad ideas when you're brainstorming!"
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Makes me so mad. Everybody’s an expert on this. The virus doesn’t live above 80 degrees lol. And the guy trying to make some point about living in an area with a lot of nursing homes and he hasn’t seen a big outbreak so this must all be fake. No words for the chick at the end. She was just ugly in so many ways. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Politician Spock said:

Will eating Tide pods eradicate the virus in the human body?

Asking for some kids. 

Yep, but big pharma is always trying to sell expensive single use solutions, I prefer bleach. Or is the catch that you can't destroy the human body too? So many rules....

9 hours ago, shadrap said:

my only problem with the posts on here is that they are purely political regardless of substance or truth.  everyone can post a link to their side & most times the links are so slanted to be useless.

it doesn't matter if Trump does something good.

the media & those trenched in dems will not acknowledge.

it is what it is, but it makes it easier for me to read the hate filled posts knowing that your side is all knowing and has the answer for everything..

good luck to you & yours in these times. 

happy trails(quicksilver for those old enough).

Yes and no. Actually I heard the media say some good things about Trump closing down travelers from China until he kept beating that same old horse day after day at the press briefings. and that 40,000 traveled here from China afterwards anyway. They also wanted to know what else did he do in February such as ensuring we had enough PPE and tests seeing how he said knew this going to be a pandemic all along. Oh but of course he simultaneously said there will be about 15 cases and this will all go away. LOL.

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

Wad the protester with an antisemitic sign just a good person behaving badly?

Improper use of Disinfectants

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).

As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route).  As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information.

We have a responsibility in providing consumers with access to accurate, up-to-date information as advised by leading public health experts. For this and other myth-busting facts, please visit Covid-19facts.com

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1