Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Government Response To The Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 29.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia has had months of little to no community spread and even then it was confined to one state. By and large Australians are running around doing the right thing, sport was and is still hap

This is going to be a one off post because I don't want to get trolled or banned but if I were American, the context of Canada would be the biggest damning fact of how things have been handled in the

I am confident we are going to hit >750K deaths.  I think it might be a million.  I don't post a ton but I'm an ER doc in a big city. This is by far the worse I've seen since the pandemic star

Dr. Fauci on U.S. testing capabilities: "We need to significantly ramp up not only the number of tests, but the capacity to perform them.... I am not overly confident right now at all that we have what it takes to do that."

 

my link

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The General said:

So we are pretty sure the disinfectant thing isn't going to work, right?

We can’t be sure until the clinical trials are complete. Until then, you just don’t know. If someone wants to inject disinfectant, why do you care? Try being optimistic for once. (Do I have them all covered?)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

But she and all other doctors there...I know they would get fired...but at what point do you just say "No, we can't do that, its a terrible idea and even mentioning it is awful...you will have people trying to inject themselves with disinfectant...please stop offering medical advice or suggestions".

Instead...we can't even get the base to understand how bad of a statement that was...people going back and forth as if because he was asking about it makes it not so bad.  Just awful.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lazyike said:

Yes and no. Actually I heard the media say some good things about Trump closing down travelers from China until he kept beating that same old horse day after day at the press briefings. and that 40,000 traveled here from China afterwards anyway. They also wanted to know what else did he do in February such as ensuring we had enough PPE and tests seeing how he said knew this going to be a pandemic all along. Oh but of course he simultaneously said there will be about 15 cases and this will all go away. LOL.

People in this thread and others have acknowledged when he has done well...even thought, hey, maybe he is starting to get it.  And every time...without fail...he says something terrible or tweets something awful within 24 hours.  To the point that acknowledging if he does something well is almost foolish because he will reverse that within a day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

ptq

@pteq18

Put another way, 75% of states need to raise minimum wage.

 

Proforma EPS

@ProformaE

a lot of red states enjoying the benefits of socialism

To be honest, I'm afraid inflation is coming

Edited by GROOT
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

But she and all other doctors there...I know they would get fired...but at what point do you just say "No, we can't do that, its a terrible idea and even mentioning it is awful...you will have people trying to inject themselves with disinfectant...please stop offering medical advice or suggestions".

Instead...we can't even get the base to understand how bad of a statement that was...people going back and forth as if because he was asking about it makes it not so bad.  Just awful.

Birx may have cracked there. More than Fauci several times she has glossed over some of the craziness, re-couching it into something semi-normal. And what I think happens with all these officials, from Trumpite loyalists like Pompeo and Navarro to norms like McMaster who tried to fit in, is they say things in public or on tv which are pleasing to Trump's ears so that they can wield influence in standard policy areas. Birx probably, really rightly, thinks she needs to hang in there at a really important time for the country, and she knows, heck maybe she's ween warned, that to cross Trump or to snap him into the real world probably means she will be first weaned off then ultimately pushed out then dismissed. Then who takes her place, some sycophant who really does drink the koolaid?

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Donald Trump: (35:06)
He’s saying on surfaces, the heat, the hot summer and whatever other conditions, humidity and lack of humidity, that that would have an impact. So, that on surfaces where it can be picked up, it will die fairly quickly in the summer. Whereas, in the winter it wouldn’t die so quickly.

Bill Bryan: (35:24)
Yes, Mr. president, when it’s exposed to UV rays, take a playground equipment for example, the UV ray’s hitting a piece of playground equipment will kill the virus when it hits on the playground equipment. But underneath where the sun does not get, if someone touched that and had it on their hands, it could still be there, right? It has to be in direct light of the UV rays.

Donald Trump: (35:42)
Well, if it’s on somebody’s hands, right? And they haven’t touched their face and all of that-

Bill Bryan: (35:47)
And it’s exposed to the sun, it’ll-

Donald Trump: (35:49)

I know, but if they’re outside, right, and their hands are exposed to the sun, will that kill it as though it were a piece of metal or something else?

 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Donald Trump: (35:06)
He’s saying on surfaces, the heat, the hot summer and whatever other conditions, humidity and lack of humidity, that that would have an impact. So, that on surfaces where it can be picked up, it will die fairly quickly in the summer. Whereas, in the winter it wouldn’t die so quickly.

Bill Bryan: (35:24)
Yes, Mr. president, when it’s exposed to UV rays, take a playground equipment for example, the UV ray’s hitting a piece of playground equipment will kill the virus when it hits on the playground equipment. But underneath where the sun does not get, if someone touched that and had it on their hands, it could still be there, right? It has to be in direct light of the UV rays.

Donald Trump: (35:42)
Well, if it’s on somebody’s hands, right? And they haven’t touched their face and all of that-

Bill Bryan: (35:47)
And it’s exposed to the sun, it’ll-

Donald Trump: (35:49)

I know, but if they’re outside, right, and their hands are exposed to the sun, will that kill it as though it were a piece of metal or something else

I hope they dont keep playgrounds closed because they are afraid of this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought i would live to see the day that #DontDrinkBleach is trending on Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DontDrinkBleach?src=tren

Meanwhile, the maker of Lysol felt compelled to put out this statement:

"We must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/business/lysol-disinfectant-trump-coronavirus/index.html

 

Thank you, Donald Trump. 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I hope they dont keep playgrounds closed because they are afraid of this. 

What, people running outside to cure themselves?

There will be loads of time wasted, questions to the President, the nation’s medical leaders, every day physicians, mayors, cops, etc, all about the science of chestnuts warring with pine trees, 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What, people running outside to cure themselves?

There will be loads of time wasted, questions to the President, the nation’s medical leaders, every day physicians, mayors, cops, etc, all about the science of chestnuts warring with pine trees, 

Pine nuts vs chestnuts is kind of an interesting question. Chestnuts are tasty but very difficult to cook. But pine nuts arent easy to get at either. 

Hmmm. Draw? 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Pine nuts vs chestnuts is kind of an interesting question. Chestnuts are tasty but very difficult to cook. But pine nuts arent easy to get at either. 

Hmmm. Draw? 

These are interesting questions, I think I’ll ask a medical doctor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dr. Fauci on U.S. testing capabilities: "We need to significantly ramp up not only the number of tests, but the capacity to perform them.... I am not overly confident right now at all that we have what it takes to do that."

 

my link

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:
2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dr. Fauci on U.S. testing capabilities: "We need to significantly ramp up not only the number of tests, but the capacity to perform them.... I am not overly confident right now at all that we have what it takes to do that."

 

my link

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Trump's response: 'I don’t agree' with Fauci over US testing capabilities to curb coronavirus. I think the bolded needs to be fact-checked.

Trump said Thursday he disagreed with Fauci's remarks, claiming the U.S. is "very advanced in testing."

"Other countries are calling us to find out what are we doing," Trump explained during the daily press briefing at the White House. "And by the way, within two weeks, you'll see numbers, and you'll see different forms of testing, just like we came up with the Abbott Laboratories machine, which gives it to you in five minutes, and everyone wants -- everybody is asking, can we get that? But you can only make them so fast.

"But, as you know, we have done more testing than every other nation combined, and that’s a big statement. When they talk about different tests and different things, we are also a bigger nation than most," he added. "And so, when they look at statistics, statistically, we are doing phenomenally, in terms of mortality, in terms of all of the different elements that you can judge. If he said that, I don’t agree with him."

Edited by Amused to Death
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Trump's response: 'I don’t agree' with Fauci over US testing capabilities to curb coronavirus. I think the bolded needs to be fact-checked.

Trump said Thursday he disagreed with Fauci's remarks, claiming the U.S. is "very advanced in testing."

"Other countries are calling us to find out what are we doing," Trump explained during the daily press briefing at the White House. "And by the way, within two weeks, you'll see numbers, and you'll see different forms of testing, just like we came up with the Abbott Laboratories machine, which gives it to you in five minutes, and everyone wants -- everybody is asking, can we get that? But you can only make them so fast.

"But, as you know, we have done more testing than every other nation combined, and that’s a big statement. When they talk about different tests and different things, we are also a bigger nation than most," he added. "And so, when they look at statistics, statistically, we are doing phenomenally, in terms of mortality, in terms of all of the different elements that you can judge. If he said that, I don’t agree with him."

I do not believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth.  It is impossible to believe anything a serial liar says.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Pretty quiet in here from the right side. Did we just need Trump to promote disinfectant injections to finally make people see that he's criminally incompetent?

Its fake news...Breitbart says so.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kal El said:

Why does Trump say anything about medicine? He is completely unqualified to do so, and it's going to hurt somebody.

Because his ego is so fragile that he has to act like he knows everything about everything? He's the worst kind of idiot - he has no idea that he doesn't know anything and he has power.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zoonation said:

I do not believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth.  It is impossible to believe anything a serial liar says.

And this is exactly why his speaking at these briefings is a complete waste of time. Networks are right not to show him. Let the scientists give the updates without having to filter everything through Trump. 

He's so afraid to let them speak truth because he's concerned the truth will make him look bad. There's an election to be won!

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Pretty quiet in here from the right side. Did we just need Trump to promote disinfectant injections to finally make people see that he's criminally incompetent?

Just wait for it…there will be something about along the lines of:

Triggered

Trump was just spit balling

Trying to provide hope

Misunderstood, what he actually meant was….

Quoted out of context

Blah blah blah

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Pretty quiet in here from the right side. Did we just need Trump to promote disinfectant injections to finally make people see that he's criminally incompetent?

They all went to the ffa where they can share Trump opinions and right-wing talking points freely and no one can challenge them because we can't get political.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Just wait for it…there will be something about along the lines of:

Triggered

Trump was just spit balling

Trying to provide hope

Misunderstood, what he actually meant was….

Quoted out of context

Blah blah blah

White House accuses media of taking Trump ‘out of context’ on disinfectant comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

This is a non-denial denial, and McEnany is the spokeswoman here.

Quote

“This president will always put America first, he will always protect American citizens,” McEnany insisted at the time. “We will not see diseases like the coronavirus come here, we will not see terrorism come here.”

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

But she and all other doctors there...I know they would get fired...but at what point do you just say "No, we can't do that, its a terrible idea and even mentioning it is awful...you will have people trying to inject themselves with disinfectant...please stop offering medical advice or suggestions".

Instead...we can't even get the base to understand how bad of a statement that was...people going back and forth as if because he was asking about it makes it not so bad.  Just awful.

It’s the long play both her and Fauci know what will happen if they speak up in that situation - they get sidelined. They know that they play an important role in getting information out to the public and have to just hope people don’t take him seriously. But it is amazing at the amount of patience they’ve been blessed with

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:
48 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:
3 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dr. Fauci on U.S. testing capabilities: "We need to significantly ramp up not only the number of tests, but the capacity to perform them.... I am not overly confident right now at all that we have what it takes to do that."

 

my link

Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Trump's response: 'I don’t agree' with Fauci over US testing capabilities to curb coronavirus. I think the bolded needs to be fact-checked.

Trump said Thursday he disagreed with Fauci's remarks, claiming the U.S. is "very advanced in testing."

"Other countries are calling us to find out what are we doing," Trump explained during the daily press briefing at the White House. "And by the way, within two weeks, you'll see numbers, and you'll see different forms of testing, just like we came up with the Abbott Laboratories machine, which gives it to you in five minutes, and everyone wants -- everybody is asking, can we get that? But you can only make them so fast.

"But, as you know, we have done more testing than every other nation combined, and that’s a big statement. When they talk about different tests and different things, we are also a bigger nation than most," he added. "And so, when they look at statistics, statistically, we are doing phenomenally, in terms of mortality, in terms of all of the different elements that you can judge. If he said that, I don’t agree with him."

No, it really doesn't need to be fact-checked. You, me, and anyone else who isn't firmly in his corner knows it's a lie. And for the people in his corner, checking it won't matter anyway.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Pretty quiet in here from the right side. Did we just need Trump to promote disinfectant injections to finally make people see that he's criminally incompetent?

Just got this from a Trump supporter friend.  They TRYING to thread the needle...…. 

 

Here is something for the people making fun of Trumps suggestion on injections for the virus.

Trump asked about light and disinfectant injected into the body.
There are two existing therapies. UV therapy as well as ozone therapy.
The one that has the left all riled up is ozone therapy.
This has been used for cancer patients. O3 gas is infused into the body as a DISINFECTANT to improve the intake of oxygen while ramping up the immune system, thus more efficiently killing bacteria and viruses.
You can google it if you want. Trump asked the expert off to the side if testing was being done relative to applying this to the coronavirus.
But of course NBC CBS CNN and company would take his words out of context to make it sound like he looked at the camera and said “hey let’s all drink bleach”. Disinfectant inside the body is indeed dangerous and should only be done by a doctor.
A footnote: if you take high amounts of vitamin C yourself, you will wind up with a buildup of hydrogen peroxide inside the body. Hydrogen peroxide is a DISINFECTANT. This is why vitamin C is so effective against viruses on its own.

  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...